• Let's go fishing for a dream

• December 08, 2013
    It looks like Cupid has stopped by! Check out the Clues to see if he left you one. The Activity Check is over. Welcome to all of our new members.

December 26, 2013
    We have some big News and the Cupid Committee has left a Gift for the New Year. Check it out!

census

UNPAIRED
    HETEROSEXUAL
    21/40
    31/40
    HOMOSEXUAL
    19/40
    06/40
    BISEXUAL
    17/40
    09/40
    TOTAL PAIRED

• Team Cupid!
    KARI
    KAKA
    STEVIE
    MOOSE
  • Events

Mariet is far from immune to the allure of the Christmas spirit. Some feel that Christmas isnít complete without a grand live Christmas tree, and this year in Mariet people can find their fill of them. The community has organized a Celebration of Lights. A designated path through the forest is lined with personally decorated displays, with the help of cleverly hidden mobile generators. The organizers and volunteers put their heart into this display, and it is open to the public for nightly walks. Can you feel the Christmas spirit yet?

BOARD AVAILABLE UNTIL: January 8th

• CREDITS

The idea behind SOULMATE is credited to exhoxxash. Forum areas and descriptions credited to magnet dragon, piers, echoxxash and some members of the site. Skin base code credit to Cassie @ Caution, with edits and images from Ana. 'Porthole' code created by Alygator @ Caution. Ana made the awesome graphics seen around the site- the header, the sidebar, the advert, the pips and the member group images. Kaka and Ana coded the various templates around the site, unless otherwise credited. Some additional coding help from Caution!, ATF!, Shine, and Dynamic Drive. Site affiliate buttons were made by Ana, and Piers. All other graphics and code should be credited where credit is due.

ALL CHARACTERS, PLOTS AND OTHER WRITING ARE OWNED BY THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AND SHOULD NOT BE COPIED, PARTIALLY OR FULLY, ON ANY OTHER SITE.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

NEW SITE HERE!

Add Reply New Topic 

I set fire to the rain, Open!!
Charlie Fox
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 10:15 AM

Heterosexual | Male | Natalie
Group Icon

Group: Citizen
Member No.: 544

Charlie was miserable. It was unlike him to be in such a mood, but every so often there was something that rattled his cage and he just couldn't shake of the bad mood. There was probably no need for him to feel this way, but he was still feeling a bit upset over something that had happened between him and Erin. He wasn't even sure if Erin had picked up on how disappointed he was, he'd been trying his best to hide the fact that he was in a bit of a mood with her. But it was hard trying to pretend that everything was alright when it clearly wasn't. Perhaps it was all his own fault for opening his mouth and saying what was on his mind. He'd made a simple suggestion that it might be a nice idea if they moved in together... and well, he hadn't got the response he'd been looking for. In fact he'd barely gotten a reaction from her, she'd just told him that she liked living by herself and that was that, nothing more had been said on the matter. In all honesty it was worrying him now, he felt like there was something wrong with him and that he was so terrible that she hated the thought of living with him. He hadn't brought the subject up again, but then he supposed he'd barely had a chance to, he'd made his excuses that he was busy with work and didn't have a lot of time to spend with her. Yeah, he felt bad for lying but maybe she didn't want to see him much anyway? He had it in his head now that she wasn't all that interested anymore.

A drink was needed. A few drinks were needed. In fact he quite liked the idea of drinking so much that he couldn't remember any of this anymore. Well it was the weekend, there would be no classes to teach tomorrow so he wouldn't have to worry about waking up feeling crap. He'd headed to Obvious, probably his favourite bar in Mariet because it was somewhat classy and not filled with underage kids trying desperately to get served. He could drink here in peace and not look too stupid sat at the bar by himself. He'd already had one beer and now had a glass of whiskey sat in front of him... yeah, he was onto the harder stuff now, he was in need of it!

--------------------
Ashriel Bordeaux
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 01:34 AM

Unregistered

There were many reasons to go to into Obvious, but most of them were not the reason that anyone else would have come into the upscale bar. The blond was not there to drink, or to pick up a date, but rather she had come to sample desert. She had been told by a customer that Obvious had the best Sticky Toffee Pudding in all of Louisiana. Now, the girl didn't know what exactly this was, but she was certainly up for giving it a try, particularly if it was suppose to be the best. Having been told that Obvious had a dress code the girl had even saved up to buy a pretty yellow dress that flowed easily ending just above the knee. She had taken five minutes, before leaving home, to spin in circles and watch the fabric flare up in pretty waves. Her blond locks was tied in a knot behind her left ear.

Ashriel walked with confidence, or perhaps simple naivety, into the richly decorated bar. Walking with confidence she strode right up to the bar and pulled out the tall chair. The lanky woman settled herself into the stool, not really considering it odd that she had sat right next to another soul despite lots of options to sit elsewhere. Her hands rested in her lap as she squirmed slightly in her seat. She ordered a glass of water and this apparently sticky toffee pudding. The bartender looked at her as though it was a rather waste of a seat to have a seat in the bar occupied by someone who didn't appear to be drinking but he wandered off to gather her bottled water and place the order for the pudding.

Turning to the man next to her she took in his sullen expression and the manner at which he was staring at the glass of who knew what in front of him (she knew enough to know that it was probably alcohol but what kind she couldn't even begin to fathom a guess). Her blue eyes watched him for a moment, debating if it was one of those situations where a person didn't want to be disturbed, but she couldn't just sit there while he was clearly unhappy (what kind of person would that make her?). "You look like you've had a rough day," her head tilted to the side trying her best to offer a bright smile. "Does it help?" she asked, suddenly genuinely curious, "I usually like something sweet when I'm not having a good day." Was it the same effect? Was it something she should try as well? Legally there was no problem, but alcohol had never really appealed to her. It tasted funny the few times that she had tried it.
Charlie Fox
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:30 AM

Group Icon

Drinking in a bar alone was never really a good sign. Either people were going to think that he was a bit or a loner, or worse, they'd think he was an alcoholic. It was probably best he didn't stay here for all that long, he really didn't want to end up drinking so much that he couldn't get home... that would just be embarassing. No, he'd have a few drinks and then head back home again to just crawl into bed. It wasn't like he had anything else to do, he had no plans to see Erin, not when he was in this mood.

He must have been staring at his glass for a little too long because he really wasn't paying any attention to what was going on around him. He took a sip from his whiskey, wincing slightly as the alcohol slid down his throat and then he turned his head to look at the blonde girl that had just joined him at the bar. He wasn't even sure that she looked old enough to be in here, but he wouldn't say anything. He knew how tight the security on the door was after all, you couldn't even get in unless you were wearing the right dress code. He gave her a weak smile as if to acknowledge her, "Mhmm... something like that" he mumbled, "A rough couple of weeks I think" he said with a small laugh, they hadn't been rough as such, he'd just been in a bad mood. He looked down at his glass and shrugged his shoulders at her question, "I'm not convinced it does. Probably does me more harm than good. But it's worth a try" he laughed slightly, alcohol wasn't going to make everything okay again. He smiled as he looked over at the blonde girl again, "Fair enough. I think chocolate helps sometimes you know. At least that's what my sisters always told me" he laughed, they were probably right as well. He stayed quiet for a moment, taking another sip from his drink before looking at the girl again. "So what's the occasion tonight? Meeting up with friends?" he asked, at this point he was just making conversation, but it wasn't often that young girls came out alone to drink by themselves... not unless they were just looking to hook up with someone.

--------------------
Ashriel Bordeaux
Posted: May 13 2012, 11:32 PM

Unregistered

Ashriel was a people person, but she had learned that since leaving the compound that there was a lot she wanted to experience in life and she wasn't about to sit around and wait for someone to do it with her. She had little problem in simply doing things on her own, perhaps it was a bit innocent of her to have the fearlessness that came with knowing no different. The young woman lived her life in the present, every day was an opportunity for a new experience and a new friend, and people were primarily good. Some may have left the man drinking at the bar alone, but the blond was not just anyone, and she insisted on making sure that he was okay, and if he wasn't okay than, well, she wanted to know if there was some way she could help. If the conversation progressed she would likely be blunt about the inquiry.

"Mhmm...something like that" her head tilted to the side, "a rough couple of weeks I think," a small frown tugged at her thin lips. "I'm sorry to hear that," a note of concern in her voice. She was a rather genuine person. "I'm not convinced it does. Probably does me more than harm than good. But it's worth a try," seemed like a rather contrary thing to do then. If it did more harm than good why try it at all? Perhaps she was simply the type that did her best to avoid the bad things that were out there. "Fair enough. I think chocolate helps sometimes you know. At least that's what my sisters always told me," her head bobbed in agreement. "I suppose everyone has something. Pets, chocolate, alcohol, " seemingly satisfied with the answer she turned to smile at the bartender who brought her the water, he even put in a little twist of lime, this amused the young woman greatly. Grinning she squeezed it into the cool liquid. "Perhaps it depends on the reasons?" she offered, maybe that made all the difference in whether a problem was a chocolate or alcohol problem?

"So what's the occasion tonight? Meeting up with friends," she shook her head, "no, although I suppose this would be more fun if I were meeting up with friends," her shoulders rose and fell in a brief shrug, "one of the customers at the store said that Obvious has the best Sticky Toffee Pudding in all of Louisiana. I don't really know what that is, but it sounds good, and I figure that if I'm going to try it I might as well start with the best" it never occurred to her that this might be an odd reason to come to the bar. "I'd be willing to share if you'd like to try it as well," Ash offered quickly.
Charlie Fox
Posted: May 20 2012, 01:49 PM

Group Icon

Whilst he hadn't exactly intended on having any company tonight, he didn't really mind that someone had ended up approaching him. He wasn't the kind of person that would tell someone where to get off just because he was in a bad mood. No, he wasn't like that at all really, in fact he figured that having a normal conversation with someone might just help him forget why he'd come here in the first place.

Charlie smiled at the blonde girl, almost thankful that she hadn't suddenly started asking him what was wrong. He wasn't sure he particularly wanted to talk about that with a stranger. Though the funny thing was, sometimes it could actually be easier to talk to a stranger as opposed to someone you knew really well. He nodded his head at her, she was right about that, everyone had to have something that made them feel better. Watching as the bartender brought her a drink of water, he thought about that question for a moment. "Mhmm... I think so. I guess alcohol is good if you want to forget everything... but I wouldn't recommend that" he laughed slightly, he very rarely drank like that, it was pointless in his opinion because it wasn't going to solve anything. "On the other hand... chocolate just makes everything feel better" he grinned, he could be such a girl sometimes, he wasn't even going to deny it.

He took a sip from his whiskey and then looked at the girl again, "Ah well, I suppose that makes two of us then" he said, it was nice to know he wasn't the only one that had ventured here alone. He raised his eyebrows slightly as she mentioned sticky toffee pudding, how did he not even know that they sold that here?! "Really? That does sound good. I suppose I never thought to order a dessert in a bar before" he laughed, well most people came to a bar to drink. He smiled slightly as she offered to share with him, "Ohh... as tempting as that sounds, I probably shouldn't. I already had a donut and a big bar of chocolate at work today... I think a sticky toffee pudding might be overdoing it, don't you think?" he laughed, not that he needed to worry about his weight or anything but he normally wouldn't eat so much sweet stuff like that in one day. He blamed it on the people at work that brought it into the teachers lounge and shared it all around.

--------------------
Ashriel Bordeaux
Posted: May 29 2012, 09:19 PM

Unregistered

The ever social butterfly, the blond was quick to take up a conversation with the stranger next to her at the bar. Her intent was merely to have someone to talk to while she waited for her sweet treat. They could talk about anything really she wasn't really that picky. "Mhmm...I think so. I guess alcohol is good if you want to forget everything...but I wouldn't recommend that," her head tilted to the side in a questioning manner. "Forget everything?" she repeated softly, mulling over the statement. Why would anyone want to forget anything? Such desires were beyond her. "On the other hand...chocolate just makes everything feel better," her grin spread once more across her petite lips. "I was reading in the paper the other day, and apparently chocolate is also rather good for you in other ways." something about it being good for the heart and a cough suppressant as well.

"Ah well, I suppose that makes two of us then," two people who came alone but had found brief company with each other. It seemed that these types of interactions just sort of fell into her lap, not that she was complaining. "Really? That does sound good. I suppose I never thought to order a dessert in a bar before," she nodded in agreement, "I never would have thought to either, but apparently a lot of bars have food as well as drinks, particularly the higher end ones," she paused to take a sip of her drink as she shared what she had learned about bars. "I have to say this is only the second time that I've been in a bar. My first one was Tim's," she had ventured in because she had heard there were games where you could win money (slot machines). It was the first and only time she had played the slots, and she had won about thirty dollars in change, over all it was a good experience.

"Ooh...as tempting as that sounds, I probably shouldn't. I already had a donut and a big bar of chocolate at work...I think a sticky toffee pudding might be overdoing it, don't you think?" she pursed her lips for a moment in thought, "perhaps, but a taste wouldn't hurt would it? Everyone seems to be on a diet, I don't understand the appeal of denying oneself everything that is good just to fit into a pair of pants," she was still struggling with the magazines that she saw in lines at the supermarket, those women rarely looked like her, most were much more well endowed, but as long as she didn't overdo it right? The bartender brought the plate with the delicious desert topped with a sauce and whipping cream. She asked for a second fork and the man disappeared again.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a job," she was curious what sort of people found their way into this fancy bar, though she knew even with her dress she perhaps didn't fit in as well as others might. Still, her curiosity got the best of her and she asked away.
Charlie Fox
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 01:45 PM

Group Icon

He could tell that this girl wasn't much of a drinker or had probably never been drunk in her life. "Well... not everything. Just certain things" he laughed slightly, people seemed to think that alcohol was the answer to everything. It wasn't. It made you forget stuff for a little while but it was only a temporary measure, you'd still wake up the next morning and realise that it hadn't solved a thing. Plus you'd just be left feeling absolutely rotten. Charlie nodded his head at her, he would like to think that she was right there because he did happen to like chocolate... quite a lot actually. Apparently some women claimed that chocolate was better than sex... well he had a hard time believing that one. Then again, he was a man, he wouldn't be expected to believe such things!

All this talk of food was going to get him hungry again now. He was blaming her! Though it did make him wonder if she was new to this whole sitting at a bar thing, she did seem quite young after all. He raised his eyebrows at her, "Only your second time?" he asked, "I suppose you do look quite young" he commented, though he knew he probably shouldn't have said that, he'd only offend her with a comment like that."Tim's... hmm... not the classiest of bars, what did you make of it? I've been there a fair bit in the past but I try to avoid it the best I can" he laughed, it wasn't somewhere he would normally choose to go unless he was with other people who decided they wanted to go there.

Charlie laughed slightly, "Oh, I've never been on a diet in my life. I quite agree with you... food is there to be enjoyed!" he grinned, he never understood women that sat there eating salad and wouldn't even touch anything sweet. Most of them were far too skinny as it was. He watched as the bartender brought out her dessert... well now he was paying attention. "I guess a bite won't hurt... you're right... that does look good" he laughed, well he did have a bit of a sweet tooth sometimes.

He took a sip from his drink, resting in front of him before looking at the girl as she asked him what he did for a living. "I'm a teacher... at Mariet High" he said, well everyone around here knew the school. She didn't look much older than some of his students, though he didn't recognise her which made him wonder if she was from around here. "So how about you? College student?" he asked, it was a wild guess and he didn't mean to offend her or anything, she just looked around that age.

--------------------
Ashriel Bordeaux
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 05:29 PM

Unregistered

Perhaps there would come a time that she would try alcohol, but she was in no hurry. It hadn't been something that she had been exposed to before, and while the opportunity existed for her now she had never found herself particularly interested. Curious, yes, but it had yet to be something she pursued. It also did not seem like the kind of thing one should try for the first time alone. "Well...not everything. Just certain things," she nodded her head, pondering the words for a moment, and found herself satisfied with that response. No need to further pursue the matter at this time. Maybe it was something that she could ask Colton about the next time she ran into the man. "Only your second time? I suppose you do look quite young," a slight blush crossed her features. "Tim's...hmm...not the classiest of bars, what did you make of it? I've been there a fair bit in the past but I try to avoid it the best I can," her slender shoulders rose and fell in a small shrug.

"It was a little...dark, and somewhat dirty," it was not a place that she had been since so obviously first impressions were not all that great. "I went in because they had the slot machines, and I was, at that point, unemployed. It seemed like a good idea at the time," she had made her money then, and also met Colton, who had (in his own way) discouraged her from making it her only source of income. It was for the best in hindsight, and now she had a job at the pet store. "So far I like this bar better. It's cleaner, quieter, and people are not staring at me as though I don't belong," her lips parted in a smirk. "Oh, I've never been on a diet in my life. I quite agree with you...food is there to be enjoyed!" so they were on the same page then, good, in her limited experience desserts were better shared, even if it was with a stranger. "I guess a bite won't hurt...you're right...that does look good," she clapped her hands together, "I'm glad you agreed," the woman was pleased as punch that she'd convinced him to at least try a bite.

"I'm a teacher...at Mariet High," it sounded like an interesting job, but she had never officially attended High School, so she was only really speculating based on what she saw on TV or read. "It must be rather rewarding, or it seems like it would be," a hint of uncertainty in her voice due to her lack of experience with the institution of formal education. "So how about you? College student?" she shook her head. "I only received my GED last year," and it had been quiet the accomplishment in her mind. "I work at a pet shop currently, I'm not sure if I'll ever make it to college," she hoped that he didn't assume it was because she was stupid. "Life dealt me a different path I suppose. Most of my childhood was spent outside of the formal system. I learned what Nicolai approved of, and none of it really prepared me for life beyond the wall of the compound," she shrugged. Her words were honest, and partially without a censor. Ashriel was an open book, lying was one of those things that she had never been taught, and while some might be put off by her tell all approach she had yet to master the skill of selective truth telling. She was learning slowly, and in many ways the hard way, that being such an open book was not always a good thing. Luckily it had yet to really bite her in a bad way.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

OPTIONS  Add Reply New Topic 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1469 seconds | Archive