Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to SL Offworld Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Community Standards change, no disclosing alts!
Ossian
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:52 PM

easily led astray

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

Now the Community Standards don't allow outing people's alts!

"Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed."

--------------------
my blog. it's mostly pictures.

I have another blog about SL Forum post counts.
scripts
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:55 PM

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Ossian @ Feb 24 2011, 07:52 PM)

"Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed."

Is that an effort to combat redzone?

--------------------
King of Kudos.
Raul Rehnquist
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:57 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It does sound like a start. Now they need to patch the exploit in streaming media and Redzones a non issue.

--------------------
user posted image
Peggy Paperdoll
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:57 PM

Member No.: 4

Ooops. biggrin.gif

The upside........finally a valid argument against Redzone.

The downside.......a few alt hunters (at least one in this forum) are now in danger of being AR'd (with cooresponding consequencies).

The world just gets more complicated everyday, doesn't it? biggrin.gif
Ossian
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:59 PM

easily led astray

QUOTE (scripts @ Feb 24 2011, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (Ossian @ Feb 24 2011, 07:52 PM)

Is that an effort to combat redzone?

That would be nice!

--------------------

Ossian
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 09:20 PM

easily led astray

QUOTE (Peggy Paperdoll @ Feb 24 2011, 07:57 PM)
Ooops. biggrin.gif

The upside........finally a valid argument against Redzone.

The downside.......a few alt hunters (at least one in this forum) are now in danger of being AR'd (with cooresponding consequencies).

The world just gets more complicated everyday, doesn't it? biggrin.gif

Funny, yeah.

--------------------

Kylie Jaxxon
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 09:43 PM

Curious

Member No.: 18

I'm thinking this is actually 'naming' an alt that they know you have...not accusing someone of being an alt, or stating I think you're an alt of so and so, which is basically what they do. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Amateur Censor

Ossian
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 09:48 PM

easily led astray

QUOTE (Kylie Jaxxon @ Feb 24 2011, 09:43 PM)
I'm thinking this is actually 'naming' an alt that they know you have...not accusing someone of being an alt, or stating I think you're an alt of so and so, which is basically what they do. rolleyes.gif

Makes sense.

--------------------

Peggy Paperdoll
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 10:00 PM

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Kylie Jaxxon @ Feb 24 2011, 06:43 PM)
I'm thinking this is actually 'naming' an alt that they know you have...not accusing someone of being an alt, or stating I think you're an alt of so and so, which is basically what they do.  rolleyes.gif

I believe that is the case. But it gets into some dangerous territory if it's AR'd. Any method of determining an alt is hit and miss............that means there will be good guesses.

It's a pretty good answer to respond to all the uproar lately. It's going to put a crimp in some people's style though. Go around accussing someone's avatar of being an alt could be one of those "hits"..........and suddenly it's a potential big problem for that accuser. I like it as an addition to the CS......it might shut up some of the wild assed, butthurt, posts on the SL forums. Won't do much good here I don't think, but improvement is improvement no matter how small. smile.gif
Kylie Jaxxon
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 10:08 PM

Curious

Member No.: 18

I agree with what you say, also as in all things reported, probably depends on who answers/handles it... sad.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
Amateur Censor

Jolene Benoir
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 01:12 AM

Everything is Zen

Member No.: 24

Yay! Over on the RedZone front we have this post by zFire. Of course some are already stating that they will just ban those that refuse.

Hello RedZone owners.
After talking with Linden Labs over the past month we have reached an agreement.
Effective now and retroactively the RedZone system will request Consent to display alt name information.
LL policy will reflect this change by tomorrow the 25th.
The zRZ HUD will now request consent much like a bloodlines bite.
The zRZ Website now offers a system to send an IM to request consent for a zF RedZone Alt Background check.
The system is already in place, new functions and consent methods will be offered as we discover how best to implement this feature.
Linden Labs has been good enough to suggest many ideas that settled on this one.
Alt names can still be viewed to settle disputes, run security background checks etc. (With Consent)
Please see http://isellsl.ath.cx/checkconsentinfo.php for more.

The RedZone system has been, and always will be current with SecondLife™ terms of service.

I would like to thank Linden Labs for working with RedZone and providing enough time for RedZone to make these changes.
Best Regards,
zFire Xue

PS: Everything is still logged as before, everything still works as before.
Only now to view the alts you need consent.
Alts are still banable if they are related to a new user you do not want on your land.
Alts of people you banned are still banned, alts of copybots are still banned, alts of anyone you have banned are still going to be banned, just not named.
Ann Otoole
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 01:31 AM

Member No.: 99

QUOTE (Jolene Benoir @ Feb 25 2011, 01:12 AM)
Yay! Over on the RedZone front we have this post by zFire. Of course some are already stating that they will just ban those that refuse.

Hello RedZone owners.
After talking with Linden Labs over the past month we have reached an agreement.
Effective now and retroactively the RedZone system will request Consent to display alt name information.
LL policy will reflect this change by tomorrow the 25th.
The zRZ HUD will now request consent much like a bloodlines bite.
The zRZ Website now offers a system to send an IM to request consent for a zF RedZone Alt Background check.
The system is already in place, new functions and consent methods will be offered as we discover how best to implement this feature.
Linden Labs has been good enough to suggest many ideas that settled on this one.
Alt names can still be viewed to settle disputes, run security background checks etc. (With Consent)
Please see http://isellsl.ath.cx/checkconsentinfo.php for more.

The RedZone system has been, and always will be current with SecondLife™ terms of service.

I would like to thank Linden Labs for working with RedZone and providing enough time for RedZone to make these changes.
Best Regards,
zFire Xue

PS: Everything is still logged as before, everything still works as before.
Only now to view the alts you need consent.
Alts are still banable if they are related to a new user you do not want on your land.
Alts of people you banned are still banned, alts of copybots are still banned, alts of anyone you have banned are still going to be banned, just not named.

Over on SLU we have hashed this out totally and cause for celebration evaporated. Redzone will violate the TOS openly and LL will support them. End of story.
Raul Rehnquist
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 01:51 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (Ann Otoole @ Feb 25 2011, 01:31 AM)
Over on SLU we have hashed this out totally and cause for celebration evaporated. Redzone will violate the TOS openly and LL will support them. End of story.

How So Ann ? Can you explain futher or if you want provide the link to the thread ?

--------------------
user posted image
Ann Otoole
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 02:08 AM

Member No.: 99

QUOTE (Raul Rehnquist @ Feb 25 2011, 01:51 AM)

How So Ann ? Can you explain futher or if you want provide the link to the thread ?

Basically zFire has announced he plans to deploy thousands of devices that give you 60 seconds to leave or be considered opted in. And the existing database of stolen data will remain in place.

It is a very long thread. Full of a lot of angst and technicals. http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/general-s...dlife-alts.html

The part when the CS change was noticed began at http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/general-s...tml#post1162055

Lots of reading. Enjoy.
Raul Rehnquist
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 02:22 AM

Administrator

Thanks Ann. Its always interesting hearing other peoples views and idea's on a subject like this.

--------------------
user posted image
Jolene Benoir
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 03:11 AM

Everything is Zen

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (Ann Otoole @ Feb 25 2011, 02:08 AM)

Basically zFire has announced he plans to deploy thousands of devices that give you 60 seconds to leave or be considered opted in. And the existing database of stolen data will remain in place.

It is a very long thread. Full of a lot of angst and technicals. http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/general-s...dlife-alts.html

The part when the CS change was noticed began at http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/general-s...tml#post1162055

Lots of reading. Enjoy.

Gah..Thanks for the info, Ann.

Heading over there to have a read.
Pep
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 03:53 AM

Member No.: 42

I don't really care that much whether Redzone has got away with it or not.

I am much more delighted that now, *any* discussion or speculation, and certainly any accusations - even veiled implications - of alt status or identity is rock solid grounds for an AR of harassment.

Pep (doesn't expect the adminwimp to apply the same rules here.)

--------------------
I am not interested in your opinion, just your response
Quinn Morani
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 09:38 AM

Überhawt supergenius

Member No.: 9

I was following the thread on SLU a bit yesterday. Be warned that the full thread is now up to 140 pages and nearly 3500 posts. That's no typo! I recommend that anyone start reading from the point on the second link Ann provided, which is on page 113. You'll still have hundreds of posts to plow through, though, but it's informative stuff.

--------------------
"Come all without, come all within. You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn."
– Bob Dylan

A winning entry in Quinn's Official Forum Signature™ contest (submitted by Raul Rehnquist)
Ossian
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 12:08 PM

easily led astray

Lots of reading. Enjoy.

Thanks for posting that - I've been following your remarks on Twitter and was going to ask where you were getting your information.

--------------------

Prokofy Neva
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 04:02 AM

Member No.: 100

It is a very long thread. Full of a lot of angst and technicals. [

So you're saying that all of those 20,000 sims where Red Zone is located are now going to turn into awful Psyke orb zones that sound like you're entering the Gulag area? "YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO LEAVE THE AREA" -- before you're logged and contrasted with a list that may have your alts?

I do want to remind you all that Sling and some others basically proposed this pop-up and that's now what you have.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4082 seconds | Archive