Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Brave Combination. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (43) « First ... 40 41 [42] 43  ( Go to first unread post )

Question thread is for questions
Masterly
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:59 AM

Captain of the HMS Brave

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Apr 21 2012, 11:14 PM)
Does anyone know what day of the week new Korra episodes get released?

Saturday.
Epsilon
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:44 PM

Forum King

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Apr 22 2012, 06:14 AM)

Avatar. The show is called Avatar.

James Cameron can go fly a kite.
Vuanaunt
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:14 PM

Banned!

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Epsilon @ Apr 22 2012, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Apr 22 2012, 06:14 AM)

Avatar. The show is called Avatar.

James Cameron can go fly a kite.

Well, it's not like we can call it "The last Airbender" anymore. I see your point, and agree the Jame Cameron movie shouldn't hold dominince of the word Avatar, however...

<----------

In my mind, avatar still means "The physical embodiment of an idea or concept; a personification."

(In part so I can shout "PERSONA!" everytime I change avatars. tongue.gif )
Epsilon
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:00 PM

Forum King

Sometimes I wonder if in 200 years it will be impossible to make any news shows or movies because every word and phrase will be copyrighted by a big corporation already.

Independent works will have to use names like "Book # 2938XCS983CDXZ9" to avoid being sued by Disney.
Vuanaunt
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:43 PM

Banned!

QUOTE (Epsilon @ Apr 22 2012, 09:00 PM)
Sometimes I wonder if in 200 years it will be impossible to make any news shows or movies because every word and phrase will be copyrighted by a big corporation already.

Independent works will have to use names like "Book # 2938XCS983CDXZ9" to avoid being sued by Disney.

Well, I mean, that's assuming that you can't reuse names ever. If you can, it's really more of issue of the rate new things get titles.

Since the global population is estimated to max out at around 9 billion, we shouldn't have a problem unless either space colonization or AI authors really take off.
Bri
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:00 PM

Protagonist

Member No.: 95

Not that I'm a lawyer, but I do think same titles can be reused. For example, I know of two or three sci-fi/fantasy titles with the name of Glory Road, though Heinlein's version is probably the most well known. The key component is making sure that the contents are different enough so as not to be held as copyright infringement.

Of course, this sometimes doesn't stop the threat of lawsuit, and it can be cheaper/faster just to change. One of the reasons Palladium Games changed the name of an RPG it made from Nightspawn to Nightbane was legal action from Tood McFarlane. And not to mention that big companies certainly have more money to throw away...

Masterly
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:47 AM

Captain of the HMS Brave

Member No.: 91

Avatar was a boring and preachy movie.

The Last Airbender was just bad.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was great though.
Vuanaunt
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 08:09 AM

Banned!

QUOTE (Masterly @ Apr 23 2012, 01:47 AM)
Avatar was a boring and preachy movie.

The Last Airbender was just bad.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was great though.

blink.gif

I think we've just proved double negatives exist in sucky movie mathematics!
Epsilon
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:52 PM

Forum King

How come crazy obsessive stalkers never date each other? I mean it'd be perfect!
Vuanaunt
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 01:05 AM

Banned!

I can see it now. Instead of going out they both individually prepare a three course meal. They both eat outside in (different) bushes, and just stare at each other. There is an attempt at dialog, but really it's just both them talking to themselves.

I shouldn't tease stalkers so much. I kind of feel like one when I follow people on Twitter. Doubly so since I've followed my RL friends, when we talk, half the time I cut them off saying "Yeah I know, you already posted it on Twitter."
Epsilon
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 01:39 AM

Forum King

QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Apr 29 2012, 05:05 AM)
I can see it now. Instead of going out they both individually prepare a three course meal. They both eat outside in (different) bushes, and just stare at each other. There is an attempt at dialog, but really it's just both them talking to themselves.

I shouldn't tease stalkers so much. I kind of feel like one when I follow people on Twitter. Doubly so since I've followed my RL friends, when we talk, half the time I cut them off saying "Yeah I know, you already posted it on Twitter."

I meant more like the people who call every five minutes and are hyper possesive.

They should make like a stalkerbook, though.
Vuanaunt
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 02:09 AM

Banned!

QUOTE (Epsilon @ Apr 29 2012, 01:39 AM)
QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Apr 29 2012, 05:05 AM)
I can see it now.  Instead of going out they both individually prepare a three course meal. They both eat outside in (different) bushes, and just stare at each other. There is an attempt at dialog, but really it's just both them talking to themselves.

I meant more like the people who call every five minutes and are hyper possesive.

They should make like a stalkerbook, though.

I've always imagined stalkers as people without SO's. I looked it up, and it essentially means "Giving unwanted attention", so yeah you can be a stalker while dating someone.

Oh, but I was happy when S.T.A.L.K.E.R. came up before stalking did. laugh.gif
Epsilon
Posted: Jul 28 2012, 11:48 PM

Forum King

Has anyone ever interrupted a wedding at the part when they ask if anyone has a reason they shouldn't marry? I wish I could go to a wedding that had that much drama.
Vuanaunt
Posted: Aug 2 2012, 05:06 PM

Banned!

I'm pretty sure I've asked what English sounds like to non english speakers.

I have found, the answer.
Epsilon
Posted: Aug 11 2012, 02:29 PM

Forum King

Why are cheetos considered the lowest form of snack? When someone is going on about how much of a loser a person is they often mention that the person eats cheetos (or perhaps just collects cheeto bags and dust). But why? Do people really turn to cheetos when their lives have been ruined? Do cheetos somehow make you less cool?
« Next Oldest | General | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (43) « First ... 40 41 [42] 43 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1664 seconds | Archive