zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Brave Combination. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Pet Peeves, I'm sure we all have one
Masterly
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 12:39 AM

Captain of the HMS Brave

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

The two that I can think of off the top of my head are:

CODE
When people use avatars and signatures without knowing where they come from. It's all right if you don't read/watch/play the thing that it comes from, but I dislike it when people just use them simply because they look cool.

This doesn't but me much though, it's among my minor pet peeves.

CODE
I also dislike it when people leave comments on youtube without reading the description.

This one really bugs me. I can remember one video that was called "The Cutest Retarded Cat, [whatever his name was]" The video description said that the cat had a mental illness and was trying to raise awareness, but that didn't stop anybody. Everybody had to be an Internet Crusader™ and started leaving nasty comments about how it was cruel to call an animal retarded.
Raven
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 02:56 AM

Brave nerd

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (Masterly @ Oct 3 2009, 07:39 AM)
Internet Crusader™

user posted image

I just hate it when people are too lazy to think. Can't get much more extensive than that...
Vuanaunt
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 07:27 AM

Banned!

Member No.: 89

Maybe because I know it's silly amounts of pointless
(while driving) People who get too close to the car in front them at stoplights. Because those few inches will help them get there so much faster

I suppose that also applies to tailgaters.

{Pictures are worth a thousand words! As long as they aren't in books} seems to be a pretty common attitude. unsure.gif

Both annoy me, but I doubt either of those will change soon, regardless of what I think.

ALL Most extremes bother me. Maybe it's because the world isn't black and white, and you need middle ground. Maybe it's because It boils a lot of people down to single characteristics of whatever they believe in most. Maybe it's just because 'people trying to forcefully teach the world their philosophies' gets pretty annoying.

But extremes are kind of necessary to reach the proper middle ground. Near extremes in... things like manufacturing efficiency, don't bother me too much.

P.S. Extreme as in Rad, are too awesome to bother me.
Kristof
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 09:46 AM

If I don't have to do it, I won't.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Masterly @ Oct 3 2009, 12:39 AM)
CODE
comments on youtube

These tend to bother me without fail. I try to avoid reading them unless I feel like being angry. tongue.gif
Vuanaunt
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 07:44 PM

Banned!

QUOTE (Kristof @ Oct 3 2009, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (Masterly @ Oct 3 2009, 12:39 AM)
CODE
comments on youtube

These tend to bother me without fail. I try to avoid reading them unless I feel like being angry. tongue.gif

They bother me too, besides if they aren't just angry ramblings, then they are just quotes from the clip. (some of) The movies themselves are pretty good though.
christine
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 07:33 PM

disgust with civilization

Member No.: 5

i hate it when people chew with their mouths open... and just any sort of spit noise in general.
Vuanaunt
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 08:09 PM

Banned!

QUOTE (christine @ Oct 4 2009, 07:33 PM)
i hate it when people chew with their mouths open... and just any sort of spit noise in general.

Bleh, Especially with gum, because they never stop! I suppose with me, it may just be the repetition that bugs me, not how gross it is (to some people).
Kristof
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 07:39 AM

Being too hot.

Being woken up.
proto
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 10:40 AM

Lone Wolf

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Kristof @ Oct 5 2009, 06:39 AM)
Being too hot.

Being woken up.

Me too. XD

Well, more mornings than being woken up. >>
christine
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Oct 5 2009, 12:09 AM)

Bleh, Especially with gum, because they never stop! I suppose with me, it may just be the repetition that bugs me, not how gross it is (to some people).

i hate gum! no matter how proper you are the second you put gum in your mouth you look like a cow chewing cud. ah well, it's just one of those things! biggrin.gif
Kristof
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 08:56 PM

QUOTE (christine @ Oct 5 2009, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Vuanaunt @ Oct 5 2009, 12:09 AM)

i hate gum! no matter how proper you are the second you put gum in your mouth you look like a cow chewing cud. ah well, it's just one of those things! biggrin.gif

Aw, you're just nuts.
Pinky
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 12:36 PM

UFO MAN

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Kristof @ Oct 5 2009, 11:39 AM)
Being woken up.

Various eromanga artists teach you that the annoyance of being woken up depends on the method and the circumstances of it occurring. unsure.gif
christine
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Pinky @ Oct 6 2009, 04:36 PM)
Being woken up.

Various eromanga artists teach you that the annoyance of being woken up depends on the method and the circumstances of it occurring. unsure.gif

he also doesn't like it when things are sprung on him! ESPECIALLY if he's just woken up. wink.gif
Kristof
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 12:52 PM

QUOTE (christine @ Oct 6 2009, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Pinky @ Oct 6 2009, 04:36 PM)
Being woken up.

he also doesn't like it when things are sprung on him! ESPECIALLY if he's just woken up. wink.gif

No comment. ninja.gif
Megamet
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 02:11 PM

*Blush*

Member No.: 98

Bad dubbing. I've lost count of the number of times a voice clip has totally killed the immersion for me. It's worse when young girls are involved, becasue it always ends up unnaturally high pitch and really fake like.

Just an example I can name of the top of my head, I've played Xenosaga 2 awhile back, and everytime I thought I'd get immersed in the story, Momo speaks, and a part of me dies inside. I never got around to completeing it.
« Next Oldest | General | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2004 seconds | Archive