welcome to remnants!
site quick links:

|OFFICIAL TRAILER|

house cup standings:

Gryffindor: 0 Hufflepuff: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0
Voldemort has finally fallen, and nearly twenty years of peace has graced the wizarding community. The Ministry has been reformed and the wizarding community could not be more thankful. But to some, the peace is fizzling out and things are beginning to churn in the dark alleyways and shadowed corners of the world. Somewhere on the horizon, evil is churning once again... One question remains: "If the world is threatening to crumble once again, who will be there to gather the REMNANTS?".

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Remnants Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[[Aug. 26]] More Than Just Ice Cream, [[CLOSED, Teddy, Victoire]]
Teddy Lupin
Posted: Apr 28 2011, 11:57 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Teddy's hands were closed loosely around the stem of the glass that contained his favourite flavor of ice cream - Strawberry Banana Swirl. His long fingertips were cold as he stared into the two delicious scoops that sat before him. The heat of summer still lingered outside, and the hundreds of people pushing through the narrow paths outside the shops made everything seem twice as stuffy. Florean's seemed more crowded than most places, which didn't surprise Teddy considering the chilliness of the store.

At Teddy's feet rested three bags that were filled with Victoire's school things. They had been browsing Diagon Alley for most of the morning, purchasing all the necessities of Hogwarts. It had made Teddy miss his days in school. It hadn't been that long ago - only two years - but it seemed like longer when you didn't have anything to show for it. That's why Teddy, though he had supported Victoire, had also come to search for a job of some sort - something to keep him occupied while Victoire was away at Hogwarts. So far, he had not accomplished much; most of the shops were family operated and did not have many positions open. But he had not given up hope just yet.

Teddy looked over his shoulder at Victoire, who had gotten up to grab the two of them spoons for their desserts. Looking at her, he realized she had grown up quickly, but of course that was easy for him to say since they had been best friends for practically their entire lives. She didn't look like little Victoire anymore, though. No, she was definitely becoming more than a child. He should have expected that since she was entering her sixth year, but still... He smiled as he turned back to his ice cream.
Victoire Weasley
Posted: Apr 28 2011, 11:18 PM

Member No.: 7

Victoire's feet ached from walking around Diagon Alley all morning. Teddy had agreed to accompany her while buying all of the essentials for her sixth year at Hogwarts. She had been spending a lot of time with Teddy lately. They were probably together more than they were apart all summer, but Victoire didn't mind. She wanted to enjoy all the time she could with him before her departure back to school.

Victoire felt a slight prickle of excitement rush through her at the thought of Hogwarts. She loved being there, learning about magic. The only thing that was missing was Teddy. She dreaded being away from him for so long, but she planned on coming home for the holidays so she would see him then.

Victoire grabbed a couple of spoons for her and Teddy's ice creams and was now walking back to their table in the parlor. As she made her way over towards their seats, she glanced at Teddy, who was waiting patiently for her return. She watched him as he turned to look back at her, then turn to face the other way again. Her heart began to pound in her chest, and she was quite sure that she was blushing.

She reached the table in the next few seconds and took her seat across from Teddy. She handed him his spoon then smiled, picking up her own ice cream and beginning to eat it.
Teddy Lupin
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:03 AM

"Thanks," Teddy grinned, as he stuck the spoon into his ice cream.

He took a mouthful of Strawberry Banana ice cream before continuing, "D'you need anything else? It seemed I never could pick up everything I needed when I visited Diagon Alley. But then, it could have been partly due to the fact that I came here with Harry almost every year. He was always getting stopped and talked to, so most of the time I was at it on my own. He always hated when that happened."

Teddy brushed a bit of his hair aside from his face. It was a natural honey color today. He hadn't felt very rebellious this morning and so had defaulted to his normal shade. For him, the color of his hair was like a mood ring, always changing with his temperament. Anyone who knew him well enough knew this, too. Thankfully, Victoire had yet to ask him about it, though she had been looking at him strangely all morning.

He finished speaking and shoved another spoonful of ice cream down his throat.
Victoire Weasley
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:06 AM

Teddy finshed speaking and Victoire pondered what he had said. After realizing she couldn't possibly remember all of the things they bought today, Victoire leaned down and pulled her three bags of Hogwarts necessities from underneath the table. She also pulled the envelope she received from Hogwarts from her jeans pocket.
Victoire rummaged through the bags, going down the list of items needed for her return to school for the last time. Upon reading the long list thoroughly several times and double-checking her book bags, she decided she had all she needed for her trip back to Hogwarts.

She looked up from her impedimenta to see Teddy's gorgeous blue-green eyes watching her. She smiled diffidently and said, "No, I think we got everthing I need. Thanks again for coming with me, Teddy. Besides having to walk around in the incessant heat all morning, I had a good time. It was exhilarating just being next to you."

Victoire gave him another sheepish grin and focused her attention on her ice cream, taking a large scoop of it and inserting it into her mouth.
Teddy Lupin
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:08 AM

Teddy flushed at Victoire's comment, not that is was uncommon for her to say such things. And it also wasn't as if Teddy minded that she said such things. In fact, he felt the same way, but he didn't think he would ever admit it in public.

In reply, he muttered, "It wasn't a problem..."

Internally, he was a bit worried, however. Thus far, he had failed to find a job at any of the various shops, and if he didn't find one today, it could be a very long summer. He looked about the shop, hunched over his ice cream, scooping bites subconsciously into his mouth as he thought.

"I wish there was a decent place around here that was hiring..." Teddy sighed, letting go of his inner thoughts.
Victoire Weasley
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:11 AM

Victoire didn't really expect a reply beyond "your welcome" from Teddy Lupin. She knew him well enough to know that he usually kept his feelings to himself unless theywere totally alone, secluded from anyone that might overhear. And, of course, his response was what she had assumed it would be, nothing less.

"It wasn't a problem...I wish there was a decent place around here that was hiring..."

He looked worried to Victoire...he had all morning. She decided against asking earlier that day, wanting him to tell her only if he chose to on his own.

She gave him a concerned look and said in a soft voice, " Maybe we've overlooked one..." she paused, then added, "Do you want to go look again? I have all I need and we may as well find you a job while we're here...we have plenty of time."

Although her feet were probably blistered from walking around earlier that morning, Victoire wanted to do whatever she could to make Teddy happy. And right now, finding him a job was just the thing to do.
Teddy Lupin
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:12 AM

"Do you want to go look again? I have all I need and we may as well find you a job while we're here...we have plenty of time."

Teddy looked at Victoire. He felt a bit selfish for making Victoire follow him around looking for a job. Despite the fact that he had tailed her all day, he didn't feel like she should have to do the same for him. He had chosen to come with her and forcing her to come job-hunting with him seemed like a very ungentlemanlike thing to do.

Teddy shook his head, "No. You don't have to. I can take you home first if you'd like. Then I can come back so you don't have to. I know how tired you must be..." He glanced at the watch on his wrist. "Besides, it's nearly one o' clock in the afternoon. Your parents will be expecting you for lunch, and moreover, it's approaching the hottest part of the day... But if you really want to come..."
Victoire Weasley
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:14 AM

Victoire knew he wanted the best for her, and she wished the same for him. Finding a job for him was the least she could do after she made him tag along with her all morning. She almost felt as if she was under an obligation to help him just as he had aided her needs.

She put a hand up and shook her head, "I would be more than happy to come with you, trust me it's no big deal. You have had to follow me around all morning so it's only fair that I help you find a job...unless you want to look on your own?" she finished, giving him a curious look, letting him ponder on her last few words.
Teddy Lupin
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:19 AM

"No," Teddy shook his head. "I'd like you to come. But I don't want you to feel as if you have to. I know it isn't the most thrilling experience - job hunting..."

Teddy swallowed the last of his ice cream, ignoring the sudden headache from eating it too fast. Then he stood, chair making a rather loud noise as he did, "Are you ready to go then?"
Victoire Weasley
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:23 AM

Teddy's sudden rush to leave caught Victoire off guard. She stood abruptly, finishing the last few bites of ice cream that remained in the bottom of her glass.

"Er...yeah, I'm ready," she mumbled, talking more to herself than to him.

She wished she could figure him out sometimes...just get inside his head for a while, see the reasons why he did some of the things he did.

Victoire looked up at him, hoping to see some sign of emotion. Nothing. Desperation maybe...no...he looked bothered about something, his lack of a job probably. She hoped to find one for him soon.
Teddy Lupin
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 12:25 AM

Teddy sighed, as Victoire swallowed the last of her ice cream, but he wasn't upset. He was just tired, and truly dreading the days when he would be working and Victoire would be off at school. He knew it was selfish and completely impossible, but he almost wished that she could stay.

He held open the door with his shiny, black shoe, allowing Victoire to cut ahead of him. He never allowed her to touch a doorknob when he was around; he refused to make her dirty her dainty hands. After Victoire had gone out, he followed, squinting his eyes against the afternoon sun. His hands were stuffed deep in the pocket of his jeans as he looked at the quaint shops lining the cobbled street

((Continued here.))
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2621 seconds | Archive
RPG-DThe RPG Universe
something wicked skinned by novia of rpg-d