Skin created by Topaz & Your URL & iSkins.
Image hosting by Photobucket

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Rag Tag Fleet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Rag Tag Fleet:
A Galactica Reimagined RPG

New players, check these first:
Fleet Rules Joining Up
The Cylons were created by Man.
They Rebelled.
They Evolved.
They Look and Feel Human.
Some are programmed to think they are Human.
There are many copies.
And they have a Plan.

Survivor Count:

Tasks neverending, Work aboard Colonial One
Matthew
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 08:36 PM

Colonist

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Featuring: Billy Keikeya
Date: Five Days ADC
Time: 0600

Billy sat at his desk and let out a long sigh. The words on the papers before him seemed to blur together into one mass of black on white. Billy rubbed at his eyes with his hand to try and push away the.. the what? Swirling mass of black lettering? The exhaustion? Was he exhausted? Billy wasn't sure. The days had been long. He knew that. But how long? When was the last time he had taken a chance to get a good nights sleep? The President needed him, needed her whole staff. They could sleep later. They could sleep when they were safe.

What else could they do? A small fleet of ships, less than fifty thousand people strong, a government that could easily be fit aboard one ship, a military that could be easily fit on one ship itself. And so many people gone, missing, lost... dead.

And there was so much work to do. Billy gritted his teeth and rubbed his eyes again. The words on the page cleared and he began to look the paper over again. As a call came in, Billy turned away from the papers and picked up the receiver.

"Colonial One, President Roslin's offices, Billy Keikeya speaking." Billy said as formally as he could into the phone.

The voice on the other end began to demand to speak to the president, wanted to talk about supply shortages, and fuel shortages, and water shortages... It was going to be another long day.

Summary: Billy is hard at work.
Tags: anyone?
Silke
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 11:41 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Featuring: Adan Kegan

And there, she was. Perfect. Lovely. Beautiful. Precious. More precious than he’d ever expected her to be, despite all the experience he had with such a thing. He had seen it many times before, but to actually feel it was ... an unbelievable, indescribable feeling.

Perfect.

The love that was racing through his veins at the mere sight was beyond anything he had ever felt before.

Imagine his terror, the mind-numbing, heart-wrecking terror when before his very eyes, set off by a blindingly bright flash of light, his little baby girl began to burn up from without, and within. Withering away, her skin scorching, blistering, blackening, flaking off to leave her raw and bleeding.

An anguished “NO!” tore from the back of his throat as he watched his newborn baby girl writhing in pain, screaming at first, then choking on her blistering tongue, the sudden cut-off sound somehow more torturous than the horrendous sights.

With a gasp, Adan sat up, disoriented for a moment. Where was he? Why did the floor underneath his feet vibrate? Had he fallen asleep in the shuttle’s pilot seat?

And then, it all returned, like waves crashing down on him. The Cylons. Their nuking of The Colonies. The deaths. The billions of unnecessary, senseless deaths. His unborn baby daughter .. whom he had never been allowed to hold, to see, like his dream had frakked with his head and made him imagine. Kiera .. whose death might have been just like the dream had shown. As a doctor, he knew way too much about radiation to not imagine her death vividly whenever he let his guard down on his emotions.

But .. he supposed out of the nearly 50,000 survivors, almost every single one would have such a nightmarish story to tell.

Pushing himself off his shuttle’s desk where he had dropped off to sleep earlier while composing a list of medical necessities and priorities, he wiped the remaining sleep from his eyes. No ... he couldn’t allow himself to wallow, in misery, self-pity or plain old grief even, not now anyway. There was so much to do, when one wanted to secure the survival of those that had made it – and nothing would get done if people didn’t put aside their grief and just got with the job.

He sighed. With the job. Right. Grabbing the list, jotted down in neat, accurate handwriting, he gave another sigh. Get with the job. It would help if he had any clue whatsoever where to start with said job ... as of right now, all he knew was that those that were left had to go on with their lives, lives that were far from orderly and organized quite yet.

Placing a request with Colonial One to be patched through to the President's office as soon as possible, he slouched into the seat that served as pilot's/co-pilot's/communication officer's/ OPS officer's and MO's seat all at once and waited until someone at the office could take his call. They were probably swamped. But .. they also were the one place that he could think of where all strings might, eventually, come together and have to be coordinated at.

He let his eyes wander through the shuttle that now, was his home on the Rising Star. The Captain had been glad to not have to assign him living quarters of some sort or another, with Adan preferring to take up lodging on board the little vessel that had ultimately saved his life. He realized that the only reason he hadn't already been given a room-mate or two was the fact that he had volunteered for the shuttle to be a make-shift doctor's office and, if necessary, quarantine station. Of course, that wasn't saying that the status quo could be upheld - after all, the Rising Star had a small, understaffed and under-equipped medical facility, why should he be allowed to live in his shuttle, and live there alone, right? For now, he simply went with being thankful for the current status, and not questioning it too much. If anything changed .. he'd have to deal with it when it came to pass.

A signal on his communications panel indicated that the line to the office no longer was busy .. maybe he'd be put through there now.

Summary: after a nightmare, Adan finds he can't sleep anymore and thus, sets to work at the daunting task to organize some sort of medical system for the survivors
Tags: Billy
Matthew
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 03:39 PM

Colonist

Billy wanted to let out a sigh. He wanted to give some outward sign that the barrage of questions was wearing away at him. But he knew better than that. If he sighed, no matter how quiet, if his voice changed or showed a hint of weariness or changed its tone then the man on the other end of the line would get angry. He would assume that his call wasn't important. He would assume the government was failing, that it didn't care about its people. Times were tough and tempers were short. And Billy was a representative of the Presidents office. He was a senior member of her staff. He wouldn't fail her. He wouldn't fail the people, not even to let slip a tired sigh.

"No, we are not holding a surplus of supplies for the governments personal use." Billy said into the phone. "Yes, Colonial One is a large enough ship to house supplies." Billy continued as he suppressed the impulsive urge to hang up on the captain. If sighing would have been bad, that would have been horrible. "No, that doesn't mean i admit to having supplies." Billy said with a neutral voice. "Yes, I have written your concerns down...."

Thankfully the captain realized things were at a stalemate on his own, no need to sigh, slam phones down, or scream in frustration. The government was still shuffling and reforming. It couldn't possibly fill every request yet, even if someone complained louder than everyone else did. The call ended and Billy finally let out the sigh he had been holding in. And not for the first time that morning he again rubbed tiredly at his eyes.

This was just the beginning though. Billy knew his tasks for the day were far from over. As the phone on his desk again indicated an incoming call he picked it up.

"President Roslin's office, Billy Keikeya speaking." Billy said officially into the mouthpiece of his phone. "What can we do for you today?" He asked as kindly as he could and waited for whoever had called to answer.

Summary: Billy ends one call and answers another
Tags: Adan
Silke
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 09:47 PM

Adan rubbed his tired eyes, slumping in the chair as he waited to be patched through .. or not, whatever the powers that be decided was going to happen with his message. He knew his message was important, and he knew someone needed to think about this, and he knew that the president’s office was just swamped enough for them to possibly overlook it and last but not least he knew that they were swamped, and most likely didn’t need him barging in on top of .. everything else.

So caught up was he in his thoughts that when his call was accepted and answered, the fact of it having happened escaped him for a moment. Not for long though, as the way he jumped as soon as realization hit – realization to be speaking (or rather, as was the point in question here, not speaking) to the President’s office.

Pulling himself together and sitting up straighter, he began: “Yes, Dr. Adan Kegan speaking. Thank you for taking my call, I know the phone lines must be running hot at any moment of the day for you.” Just because his issues were pressing and the situation was dire, it was no reason to ditch the politeness his father had made darned sure to instill into him during his upbringing. “I’m on the Rising Star, docked and living in my shuttle, and am seeing the stream of more or less pressing injuries that I am getting to deal with on nearly no medical supplies at all on a daily basis.” he began his explanation.

“I was wondering if the implementation of a hospital ship, or at the very least, an official hospital wing on one of the larger ships could be considered. That way, we might be able to pool and ration not only the supplies we have, but also bring expertise together in one area where we could learn from each other, deal with the oftentimes gruesome injuries in proper shifts and ultimately, safe more lives than if we were all left for muddling on our own.”

Having stated his suggestion, he paused to allow the President’s aide to shoot him down. He had no doubts he would be shot down, after all, he was asking for a lot. And a lot was not something to be given lightly in the grander scheme of things, not with the near and still possible extermination of all human race having come their way.

Summary: Adan comes right to the point
Matthew
Posted: May 2 2007, 03:13 PM

Colonist

Billy leaned back in his chair and stretched an arm above his head quickly as he waited for the person on the other end of the line to speak up. He had been fielding an almost endless amount of calls. Everyone wanted to talk to the President. Some just wanted reassurance that the government was in working order, that their was no martial law on their horizon. Others wanted something more physical. More fuel reserves for their ship, supplies, timetables for finding a new planet. The requests ran such a wide gambit that Billy had given up trying to predict just what a person might want. So he just offered his opening greetings and then listened to what they had to say and did his best to make them as happy as possible. With things still so messy, and no real numbers in on what supplies they had, it was a tough order most times, and more often then not the calls ended with the person on the other end grumbling about politicians. Even an expert debater had trouble when the other side cared little for logic and more for getting what they wanted no matter what.

As the person on the other end of the line spoke up, Billy nodded his head to show he was listening, even though it was a silly thing to do, it wasn't as if the man, the Doctor, could hear him. A medical Doctor.... good. They could use as many professionals in the medical field as they could find. Quickly Billy scribbled a note on a pad on his desk. Doctor Adan Kegan - Medical Doctor - Rising Star. That was definitely information to add to pass on to the President, important jobs needed to be found out and kept track of.

"Doctor, thank you for calling." Billy said kindly as he sat back up straighter in his chair. As the doctor continued to speak, Billy listened and continued to jot things down onto his notepad. Once the Doctor seemed finished, Billy set his pen down onto the pad and thought for a moment. "I could do with some more details on your idea Doctor. Many of the ships have small medical facilities, but I take it you are suggesting turning one of the ships into a more permanent medical facility, a hospital ship if you will?" Billy asked, wanting as much detail as he could get. "That would of course take a lot of supplies, and I am sure the military would have something to say about centralizing targets or something." Billy continued. "If you can explain this so that I believe it will work, then I will try and set up a meeting with you and the President and any other interested parties." Billy finally said and waited for the Doctor to reply.

Summary: Billy replies to the Doctor's request.
Tags: Doctor Kegan
Colonial One
Posted: May 5 2007, 02:19 PM

Storyteller

Member No.: 2

Featuring: President Laura Roslin
Time: 0615

Laura leaned against the tiny sink, her head hung so far that she had nearly pressed her forehead to the cool of the mirror’s surface. She sighed, a world weary sigh and wondered, not for the first time, if it wouldn’t have just been easier to have been back home when it all happened. It wasn’t as if, even excepting the end of life as they knew it, that five days ago had been her greatest day ever. President Adar once mentioned that one of the unusual things about being President was that you didn’t have to explain yourself to anyone. Somehow she doubted very much that telling everyone ‘shut up, I’m just as tired and scared and sad as you and I don’t have any more answers than the last time you asked me!’ would get her very far. Laura lifted her head and looked into her own face for a long moment. Her head tipped to one side, she regarded her own visage appraisingly, but not over harsh. Finally she gave the softest laugh. She looked up into her own eyes and remarked “you look like I feel.”

Once her morning ablutions were behind her, she looked herself over again. She’d always tried to present herself neatly, appropriately, with at least a bit of style, but had never been ‘into fashion’ as some of the other women in the party were. Somehow, in the back of her mind there’s always been a tiny voice admonishing her for that, it was that lingering bit of self doubt one carries along from adolescence. That voice that in one’s youth, railed against not getting the latest styles or seeming just like one group or another; the same voice that when you’re older complained about not getting the flashier title or the bigger check. Laura, generally speaking, had a pretty fair grip on these less than lofty impulses and had prided herself on it. Afterall, being a clotheshorse would be a bit inconvenient when you only had three outfits for the rest of your life. She’d never needed such things anyhow, they were professional politicians, they were interviewed on ‘In the Spotlight’ or ‘Caprica Times’; she was just a teacher. She buttoned her jacket, took one last steadying breath to brace for the day ahead and stepped out, thinking as she went that the gods had a fairly sick sense of humor.

She had to admit, there was a certain…. Crystallizing effect walking around under your own death warrant had on your life. She no longer felt any need to dilly-dally, she was well spoken, polite, but had lost all real sense of beating around the bush. There simply wasn’t any time anymore. It was, on one hand, exactly what you’d expect; facing her mortality was enough to make her want to chuck it all, let it be someone else’s problem, find herself a nice corner and rail at the universe in peace.
On the other hand, there was a certain school of thought, that Laura found herself firmly camped in, that said there was nothing better for getting passed your own problems than helping someone with theirs.

She walked back into the cabin that had become her office…and her home, come to that and saw Billy, already on the phone. She’d been surprised how well he’d comported himself in the last few days. She’d only gotten him as her assistant for this one flight, just as a random appointee…that in itself was almost enough to make her want to forgive the Lords for everything else. He was a good kid, so much a kid though, sometimes,,, like this little living embodiment of thousands of bright eyed young hopefuls all going ‘here I am. Give me my life’. He was a lot to live up to, though she very much doubted he knew that

Summary: Roslin, awake and musing
Silke
Posted: May 8 2007, 04:25 PM

Having expected to be dismissed without much consideration, Adan was more than pleasantly surprised when the voice on the other end of the line (who seemed to belong to a young man, almost kid, if he wasn’t totally mistaken) asked him to elaborate on his idea. That didn’t sound too much like an off-the-bat dismissal.

“I .. I have to admit I didn’t expect you would be open to the idea, at all.” he admitted, slightly stalling for time in order to sort his thoughts and ideas. Just about now he wished he had ever learned to not only listen to Kiera’s chiding him he was much to impulsive and way too little organized but also, to have gone and done something about it. Some sort of a ‘business plan’ would come in handy right now – heck, he’d even make do with a few notes scribbled on a napkin or something. But, as things were, he’d just have to wing it. He could do that. Wasn’t the first time he’d wing his way through something important ..

“Of course I can elaborate further.” he stated with a confidence he sure as hell didn’t feel.

“I want you to consider this – when you were sick, before .. well .. when you were sick, and it was just a common cold, or something along those lines, you’d go to your general practitioner, knowing he’d have the knowledge and the means to take care of you and get you back to health again. What if you had something ‘bigger’, though? Say .. a broken bone. Or a vague condition with a multitude of symptoms. I’m sure you would have sought out a specialist for your care. Now, consider even something worse – a medical emergency, of any sort. Where would you end up? In the hospital. Where there were specialists for all sorts of things right at hand, on call, so to speak. Where there was the best equipment available and where doctors could work hand in hand. Where they had the chance to discuss more serious cases or the more puzzle-some ones. Where they were trained to work hand in hand, as a team, with the patients’ best interest in mind. Where there was a centralized laboratory, with the appropriate personnel present to run necessary tests and evaluate them. Where nurses could help make you comfortable. Where cutting-edge research was pushed forward, sometimes in leaps, by pooling knowledgeable and creative minds together. And, last but not least, where the next generation in medical personnel was being trained to, one day, take over and offer the same great care to the next generation of patients.”

Adan paused, letting the picture he had drawn up, sink in before he drew his conclusions from the image he had created within the young man’s mind.

“Now .. consider the situation we are in. What are the more likely medical incidents we will be facing – the common sniffles or dire emergencies? Not only physical ones either – psychological ones as well. Cabin fever, fury and depression born from trauma – we will be seeing such things sooner rather than later.”

“As long as it’s just someone sneezing, we can have doctors puttering around their own little medical facilities – but can we afford being spread out so thinly when it comes to larger issues, medical problem with a deeper impact?”

“You caution against what the military might very well perceive as centralizing targets – but that was never any different when we were still world-based. Hospitals have always have made ‘perfect’ targets – that would not change with it being a hospital ship, or wing. It might make it easier to let the ship fall back, stay behind the lines, in case of an attack situation, so as to keep the civilians gathered upon it safe – but I am no military strategist, so you would have to take that up with the military brass that survived.”

“I do agree that such an endeavor would take a lot of supplies, or, at least, centralize a lot of supplies. I would like to counter that with a question though – do you think it is much better now, with every ship having its ‘personal’ stash of medical supplies, with medication possibly not being where it’s needed, abundant on one ship, lacking on another? Wouldn’t pooling those supplies, the medical man power, the knowledge, what we have for medical technology and last but not least, our efforts, make more sense than having a lot of people spread out over a great many ships, everyone having their own special knowledge which would never be put to use for the good of all patients because the specific doctor might not be tapped into by chance?”

Adan leaned back in his chair. He felt he had presented a strong case, well thought through (-sounding) despite the fact that he had made it up on the fly just now – the only thing that remained to be seen was whether the young man felt the same way.

Summary: Adan elaborated
Tags: Billy, Madam President
Matthew
Posted: May 11 2007, 01:41 AM

Colonist

Billy sat a little straighter in his chair as he heard someone walking into the office. It was still early in the morning but definitely getting to the time when others would begin to arrive. Not everyone stayed up and worked through their nights. But not everyone was as young as he was. Not everyone had to work double hard to prove they deserved a job in the President's staff. Billy wasn't complaining. He had no complaints about his place in what was left of the colonies. He had gotten mighty lucky. He was picked to join the then Secretary of Education on her trip to the Galactica's decommissioning. Had he not gotten picked he would have died with his family. Maybe he wasn't so lucky after all... He had to carry on knowing that he had left them all behind. He had to continue the Keikeya name, knowing that he was the last person alive to carry it. There was no use thinking about that though. He was where he was. And President Roslin needed him. The survivors needed him. A government was only as strong as its weakest link, and Billy would not be the link that broke the chain of politics.

Billy looked up from his desk, phone pressed to his ear and saw that it was the President herself that had entered. He instinctively sat up even straighter upon seeing her there. "Madame President. I hope you slept well and my noise didn't wake you." Billy said formally, one hand placed over the phone's mouth piece so as not to broadcast what he was saying over to the doctor.

Billy listened to the doctor explain his ideas and nodded his head. Sure the action couldn't be heard through the phone but it was a force of habit from his years of debate. Even if you don't say anything, give some sign to acknowledge your viewpoints. "Your arguments are solid doctor. Though you must realize we are just now finding out how many medical personnel we even have. If the numbers are low then any centralized effort would be short handed from the beginning. And no one knows the condition of medical supplies yet. And who would take charge of such an endeavor? I do not mean on your end, as to me it seems clear your the man to run things, but someone has to oversee you, the government most likely." Billy said and then paused. "There are a lot of issues, political, medical, even military, that will need to be ironed out. I can assure you that I will pass this information on to President Roslin swiftly and tell her what I think of it all though." Billy said into the phone. As he was talking he wrote down on a pad of paper. Centralized hospital ship/wing. conserve vital resources, combat contagions, treat patients faster.... vital military target?.... set up a meeting? He then slid the pad to the edge of his desk for the President to read if she was interested in knowing what he was talking about.

Summary: Billy replies to the doctor and greets the President.
Tags: Doctor Kegan, President Roslin
Silke
Posted: May 16 2007, 09:27 AM

Adan nodded to himself in silence when the president’s aid spoke up again, explaining further concerns that might need addressing or looking into before the idea could be considered as viable and feasible. Hey .. for the fact that he hadn’t thought the president’s office would hear him out that far even, he was already getting more air-time than he had ever anticipated.

“Yes, I do realize that you are only just now assessing what we have in ways of human resources left to us, and that includes medical personnel. I would suggest though that having such a centralized medical area and having broadcast its existence throughout the whole fleet might help ‘flush out’, so to speak, any medical personnel hidden in the uncharted masses on the ships.”

“And like I mentioned earlier, even if such an endeavor might be short-handed in the beginning – if there aren’t more doctors to go around, any medical care efforts would be short-handed, centralized or spread out. Pulling together doctors and nurses, even if there are too few to properly staff a hospital ship as it would be have been home in the Colonies, will still allow those few to work in some semblance of shifts, be in the presence of other experts to discuss the graver issues with and thus, would benefit not only them, but also, those receiving the care by people who aren’t stretched as thin as they would be if they were muddling alone.”

“Also, again like I mentioned before – the hospital type setting might encourage trainees to enter the medical field and would allow us doctors to train people in the field and on the go, so to speak. While such training wouldn’t meet what used to be standards in the Colony worlds, it would nevertheless help bring forth a new generation of doctors, if differently educated, and it would also, in the long run, help counteract any short-handedness.”

“You mention the medical supplies and no one having assessed their state yet .. who better to do such an assessment than doctors and nurses who have the experience when it comes to knowing just what would be needed, and could possibly even approach any pharmacists or chemists with specifications in regards to what would be needed most of, the quickest? Now, considering medical supplies might very well be scattered throughout the whole fleet, wouldn’t a centralized depot of sorts help ensure a better distribution to those who needed medication, and fast? Thus, my point being that especially if medical supplies are scarce, making sure they aren’t squandered on one ship and lacking on another surely makes sense. Ration them. But in order be able and do such a thing, they would need to be held in a special depot and distributed according to gravity of the situation.”

“As for who would be ‘in charge’ of the project I propose – first of all, let me assure you I am not suggesting myself up to be in charge of anything. If someone can be found who is better suited for the task, I am more than willing to step aside. But I also wouldn’t shy away from an responsibility my going out on a limb here would settle me with. Now, since I know the president and most likely, any remnants of the government, are hard-pressed for time and capacity already, my suggestion would be instating someone as minister of health and medical or however you would like to call it and make them a liason between the government in the Madam President and the doctors and nurses in the possible hospital wing or ship. Of course my point of view would be ’who better suited for the job than a doctor who knows exactly, from the medical perspective, why certain things would make more sense than others’, but such a call would be completely up to the president, of course.”

“I do thank you though for your time and for the fact that you heard me out despite my idea being slightly long-winded. If you would set up a meeting with the Madam President, I would definitely be willing to once again present my idea. I just feel that this is the route to take, if we are going to provide medical care, and good medical care, to nearly 50,000 while being chronically understaffed as medical team. If you consider the magnitude and diversity of possible medical issues we, as doctors, could be facing – ranging from war injuries to radiation related issues to pregnancies to psychological problems to tooth aches to such mundane things as the sniffles right up to the possibility of diseases spreading like wildfire in an epidemic-type style due to our close proximity to each other .. well .. you can see just how daunting the thought of being one lone doctor in a sea of possible patients might be if we are left to muddle all alone.”

Adan leaned back in his seat, rubbing his tired eyes. And indeed, it was a daunting thought. A daunting task. A task that might prove an impossibility if they didn’t at least get some medical networking done, and soon. Things could only get worse until they got better – and if medical wasn’t prepared for the influx of a myriad of issues, the 50,000 that remained could very well be decimated by something so laughable as the common cold.

Summary: Adan answers Billy's concerns and explains himself further
Colonial One
Posted: May 19 2007, 01:35 AM

Storyteller

Member No.: 2

Featuring: President Laura Roslin
Time: 0620

Laura walked over & poured herself a glass of juice. It was a small luxury, but a luxury none the less. There were so many things like that these days, little banalities that became significant overnight. She gave Billy a warm, if slightly tired, smile. It was sweet how he straightened up when she walked in a room. She appreciated it, appreciated him, but the mantle of the president was a hard one to fit yet. And strangely, it was largely the little ways people treated her differently that always caught her unawares. She poured another glass, setting it down next to Billy as she passed. Laura settled herself into the chair opposite & sipped her juice.

QUOTE (Billy)
"Madame President. I hope you slept well and my noise didn't wake you." Billy said formally, one hand placed over the phone's mouth piece so as not to broadcast what he was saying over to the doctor.

“You’re fine Billy” she assured. “Besides, as much as I’d like some days, I don’t see myself getting many late mornings for a long time." Billy nodded & went back to his conversation. He started to scribble,

Centralized hospital ship/wing. conserve vital resources, combat contagions, treat patients faster.... vital military target?.... set up a meeting?

She read & nodded. It made sense to at least try. “Set it up.” She wrote a few notes of her own n the page reminding them to get preliminary reports on supplies & check for known medical personnel. Whether they went ahead with the idea she couldn’t guess from a few scribbles on a page, but with the other information they’d at least know what they were dealing with. Doctors weren’t the only training industry they’d need to establish sooner or later, but one problem at a time

Summary: Roslin green lights the meeting
Matthew
Posted: May 24 2007, 12:46 PM

Colonist

Billy remained sitting straight up in his chair with the President in the room. It was just politeness, a way to show respect to the leader of the colo... the leader of the people. He may have been relatively new to politics, but he knew enough to show the President the respect she deserved. Not just a respect based on her position, but also based on her as a person. She had jumped from some forty places down from the presidency all the way up to president and during the loss of the colonies. And she had done it all as if she were naturally made for the job. Billy couldn't imagine how things would have gone had someone else fallen into the job... who was even left beyond her? They had been aboard the one shuttle with ANYONE political on board at all.. and that just included a small contingent of staffers and interns, himself included.

Billy shook the thoughts from his head as the doctor again began to speak and explain his ideas and his plan. Billy nodded his head as the doctor spoke. Of course he couldn't see that... but still, always offer up some kind of recognition. And at least it let the President know he was listening to someone talk and not just sitting around holding the phone. Not that Billy would slack off in such a fashion. They had far too much to get done, and far too little time or resources to get it done... but they would. They had to. The military had to work through it to protect them all, and they had to work through it all to keep civilization... well civilized.

As the doctor spoke, Billy scribbled down brief notes about what he had said. It was a lot of information, and at first glance it all made perfect sense. Though he was sure there would be varying opinions on such a thing. The military for example would always have something to say. And the President was no slouch in the intelligence department, she hadn't been Secretary of Education for nothing, so she would definitely have her own thoughts to add. Plus they would need to actually FIND all the medical professionals. And get Major Cottle involved too...

"Your ideas seem good Doctor..." Billy said and then paused. "I have just spoken to the President and she agrees we should set up a meeting. If you could leave me information on what ship your on, and where to contact you, as well as information about your medical knowledge, where you went to school, how long you have practiced, those things, then I can get everything moving." Billy said into the phone and waited for a response. "The last information is of course just to have on file information about doctors, we are going to know just how many doctors we have to work with and all their information. Going on everyone's word of course." Billy explained.

He then turned to the President and nodded at her as he placed his hand over the phone's mouthpiece. "Setting things up now Madame President. I assume you will want to include the military in this meeting? And any other medical professionals we can find?" Billy said to her, and waited on her response as well.

Summary: Billy replies to the doctor and the President.
Tags: Doctor Kegan, President Roslin
« Next Oldest | In the Fleet | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3196 seconds | Archive

Help Spread RTF like a Cylon virus

Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG

Affiliates – Wanna see your site here? Check the ‘Game Ads' section

Wild Sparks of Warriors Final Fantasy VII AU RPG: SOLDIER GENESIS HYBRIDS Kingdom Hearts: The Kingdom Edge f Destiny The Windsong Wolves Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting An anthropomorphic RPG: Realm of Atrox Justice League America Echoes Across Time X-League Gotham Knightfall Our Velocity