Skin created by Topaz & Your URL & iSkins.
Image hosting by Photobucket

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Rag Tag Fleet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Rag Tag Fleet:
A Galactica Reimagined RPG

New players, check these first:
Fleet Rules Joining Up
The Cylons were created by Man.
They Rebelled.
They Evolved.
They Look and Feel Human.
Some are programmed to think they are Human.
There are many copies.
And they have a Plan.

Survivor Count:

Posting Rules
Galactica Actual
Posted: Mar 4 2006, 05:58 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Posting Rules

*Spellcheck is your friend.

*There’s a minimum of two, 100 word posts, per week for each character. By all means, write more. We like prolific writers.

*Please include headers & footers on all posts. It just makes life easier on everybody.

*No 'time traveling'. If your last post was set in 'afternoon', you cannot go back & post from 'morning'.

*Dates are expressed as '# of Days(weeks, months) ADC'. For example, our starting point would be '5 Days ADC' or five days after the destruction of the Colonies.

*Times are expressed in military time. That means, regular numbers in the first half of the day & 12 + however many hours for afternoon-night. Miltary times are expressed as four digits. Single digit morning times are all 0--- (0730, 0900...whatever). Breakfast, for example, might be at 0600 (6 a.m.) while supper could be 1800 (6 p.m.).

*Remember, things like The Colonies, Viper, Raptor, Raider, Basestar, Colonial Fleet/Marines/Reserves, Battlestar as part of a name('I work on a battlestar' isn't, 'I'm OOD on Battlestar Atlantia' is) & rankings are all proper nouns.

A few notes on style:
    *All post should be written as a third person, past tense narrative:

Lee was furious. Of all the hair-brained maneuvers she’d ever pulled, this had to be the worst. “Kara!” he bellowed, unconcerned by the hangar full off witnesses. “What in gods’ names do you call that? Did you look at that Viper when you brought it back? Wait, no-“ he stopped himself with a shake of his head. “Half a Viper!”
    * Use “ “ for dialog:
“And just like that” Six snapped her fingers & flashed Gaius a grin, “Dr. Baltar invents the amazing Cylon detector!”
    *Use << >> for comm chatter:

Adam picked up the phone & gripped it tightly, despite his otherwise cool façade. <<Starbuck, Galactica. What do you hear?>>

The battle raged on outside her cockpit. The Viper was being pelted with little bits of debris making it hard to hear the wireless, let alone anything, beyond the cracks & thumps of destroyed bits bouncing off the side of her hull. <<What?>>

<<Morning, Starbuck.>> Adama called back. <<What do you hear?>>

Kara listened & broke into a wide grin <<’Nothin but the rain!>> she called back merrily.
    * Use :: :: for thoughts:
Kara waved a hand before her nose & gave a wry smirk as she passed Tigh. ::Frakkin’ pathetic. Not even 0800 & he already smells like a damn still.:: “Morning, Colonel. How’s the wife?”
    *Use italics for dreams, flashbacks or Cylons in your head (this last only refers to Gaius Baltar currently):

“Where’s my Cylon detector, Doctor?”

“Ah…that. I-It’s taking longer than expected, unfortunately.”

Adama looked over the rim of his glass, “what’s the hang up?”

”It’s not working this time, Gaius,” Six remarked in a casual tone. “He can see right through you.”

“Well, there are a number of obstacles,” the Doctor explained looking, if it were possibly, twitchier than before. “That lack of proper facilities for one. The water shortage…the water shortage…”

“Cut the BS.” Adama was losing his patience. “You said you had a way of detecting human from Cylon. Do you or don’t you?”

“I don’t” Gaius acquiesced.

”What?! Six pulled off the spot on the wall where she’d been watching the scene.

“I don’t think that... I'm not the man for this job. I’m not cut out for this kind of work.”

“You have to do this.”

Gauis’ words began coming closer to ravings. Sharper, more tensed. “Why do I keep putting it off? It’s my subconscious! It’s my subconscious telling me I’m not the man for this job. Please!”

”Listen to me.” Six began to stalk the room in slow circles, “if you don’t tell him what he wants to hear, he’s going to find you out and they’re going to tear your head off & throw your body out of an airlock!”

Adama raised a brow when Baltar yelped over seemingly nothing & dropped his glass, its sparkling shards scattered across the commander’s floor. “Unfortunately Doctor, for both of us, you’re the last man we have. So what’s the game plan, Doc?”

Featuring:
Date:
Time:

Scintillating post stuff goes here ;)

Summary:
Tags:

CODE

[b]Featuring:[/b]
[b]Date:[/b]
[b]Time:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[hr]

[hr]
[b]Summary:[/b]
[b]Tags:[/b]
Galactica Actual
Posted: Feb 4 2007, 10:27 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

A few handy writer's tools:

Thesaurus
Spellcheck
Word Counter
« Next Oldest | Fleet Regs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4844 seconds | Archive

Help Spread RTF like a Cylon virus

Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG Rag Tag Fleet: A Galactica Reimagined RPG

Affiliates – Wanna see your site here? Check the ‘Game Ads' section

Wild Sparks of Warriors Final Fantasy VII AU RPG: SOLDIER GENESIS HYBRIDS Kingdom Hearts: The Kingdom Edge f Destiny The Windsong Wolves Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting An anthropomorphic RPG: Realm of Atrox Justice League America Echoes Across Time X-League Gotham Knightfall Our Velocity