|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Rag Tag Fleet. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
They Look and Feel Human.
Some are programmed to think they are Human.
There are many copies.
And they have a Plan.
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 07:59 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-January 06
Like many of the background projects here onsite, this one will be ongoing. We’re working with what’s known thus far; which sadly in many cases, isn’t much. As the show & the game progresses, we’ll add more.
The Twelve Colonies
- Home to the destroyed Troy mining settlement
-Food Basket of the Colonies
- In their last game, the last pro game before the attack, Aerelon’s pro Pyramid team beat the Caprica C-Bucs
- President Adar once sent Marines in on (some as of now unspecified) peacekeeping mission & fifteen people died from his decision. It was a choice he regretted & he kept the names of the dead in his desk to remind him
- ‘Lest We Forget’, which hangs both in the Pilot’s Briefing Room on Galactica & in President Roslin’s office on Colonial One was taken on Aerelon
- Major Publication; The Aerelon Gazette
• Sharon "Boomer" Valerii – Raptor Pilot, born on (and subsequently orphaned) Troy
• Sekou Hamilton – Editor: The Aerelon Gazette, Member of ‘The Colonial Gang’ the fleet’s wireless current events talk show
• Socinus – Specialist, Galactica Deck Crew
- Placid, temperate, blue-green world which seats all three branches of Colonial government
- Home to the largest populations of Colonial citizens
- Its capitol, Caprica City, was home to the picturesque Riverwalk Market
- Another city, Delphi, was home to The Museum of the Colonies, where the Arrow of Apollo is housed
- Major publications: Caprica times, Caprican Life
• Lee "Apollo" Adama – Captain in CFR, Viper Pilot, Cmdr. Adam’s oldest & only surviving son
• Doctor Gaius Baltar – Scientist, genius, womanizer & unwitting Cylon collaborator
• Kara "Starbuck" Thrace - Lieutenant in CF, Viper Pilot
• James McManus – Editor: The Caprican Times, Member of ‘The Colonial Gang’ the fleet’s wireless current events talk show
• Aaron Doral – Public Relations
- Known as Gemenese, Gemenon natives are the most highly religious of the entire Colony’s population.
- They believe in the literal interpretation of the scriptures.
- Strongly opposed to abortion, Gemenese children are considered the property of their parents.
• Venner – Corporal CFM
• Galen Tyrol – CPO in CF, Chief of the Deck
• Rya Kibby - Pregnant, teenage refugee
- Location of Fleet Headquarters
- Prof Pyramid Team: The Picon Panthers
• Asha Janik - Cylon sympathizer
- Sagittaron was exploited for years by the other colonies, to the degree that many see them as a lesser class
- Tom Zarek was an outspoken opponent to what he saw as the enslavement & degradation of his people, even after the Articles of Colonization had been ratified. He turned to acts of violence & terrorism to get his message heard & blew up a government building. Zarek was imprisoned, his manifesto had to be smuggled out of his labor camp to be published & even then it was frequently banned from centers of learning. President Adar offered him a full pardon, if he’d turn away from violence as an engine of change; Zarek refused. He’s considered anywhere from a freedom fighter to a terrorist & butcher, depending on your perspective.
- After Gemenon, Sagittaron has the strictest religious codes, even to the point of refusing medical treatment
- The Sagittaron people can trace their worship practices back for more than a millennia
• Tom Zarek – Prisoner, Author & Terrorist
- Location of the Fleet shipyard
- Known for their somewhat rogue stance on rules & authority, even flouting CF directives on occasion
- some from Tauron didn’t let little things like Armistice Lines get in the way of tylium mining & the profits to be had from it
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 11:20 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 25-January 06
Speculative or Mythological Worlds
- Kobol is said to be the ancestral home to all humanity
- According to the scriptures, humans lived in peace with their gods on Kobol approximately 2,000 years ago
- The Kobol capitol was the City of the Gods. It was the seat of great art & discourse, complete with a forum, an opera house & temples
- The forum was recreated on Caprica
- After the Great Exodus, the location of Kobol was lost, but it’s said that any return to the Home of the Gods will exact a price in blood
- Legendary destination of the Thirteenth Tribe after the Exodus from Kobol
- Cmdr. Adama claims, in a speech to the fleet, that the location of Earth was a closely guarded secret divulged only to the higher ups in Colonial Fleet
- The scriptures tell that if you were to bring the Arrow of Apollo to the Tomb of Athena on Kobol that it would point the way to Earth.
- The scriptures say that when the Thirteenth Tribe landed on Earth, they could look out to the heavens & see their twelve brothers