GUIDELINES ON THE REGISTRATION OF WORKERS-ON-LEAVE
Pursuant to Section 5, Rule III of the 2002 POEA Rules and Regulations Governing the Recruitment and Employment of Landbased Overseas Worker-on-Leave, the following guidelines are hereby issued:
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
A Worker-on-Leave shall refer to an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who is on vacation or on leave and is returning to the same employer. (Part I, Rule II, POEA Rules)
- DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENT
A Worker-on-Leave shall submit the following documents to the Administration or to its designated centers or units in the country or overseas for registration and for issuance of exit clearance:
- Valid Passport
- Re-entry VISA, work permit, or any equivalent document
- Proof that worker is returning to the same employer
- REGISTRATION FEE
The following are the fees that a Worker-on-Leave shall pay to register and secure an e-Receipt / Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and/or OFW Electron ID card (e-Card):
Php 100.00 - POEA Processing Fee
Php 900.00 - Medicare Coverage Premium
Php US$ 25.00 or peso equivalent - OWWA Membership Contribution
- A Worker-On-Leave with valid OWWA membership and Medicare coverage shall only pay Php 100.00 for POEA processing fee.
- The e-Card is issued to a Worker-on-Leave for free.
- The e-Receipt / OED shall serve as travel exit clearance and exemptions from payment of travel tax and airport terminal fee.
- WHERE TO REGISTER AND SECURE e-RECEIPT / OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE (OEC) AND/OR OFW ELECTRON ID CARD (e-CARD)
- A Worker-on-Leave may register individually or through the recruitment agency that previously deployed them.
- A Worker-on-Leave may secure the e-Receipt /OEC or e-Card at:
- Balik-Manggagawa Processing Division(BMPD) Service Area, POEA Bldg., Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City
- POEA Regional Centers / Regional Extension Units (REUs) and Satellite Offices
- POEA-deputized OWWA Regional Offices and Units (Click link to see list: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pinoy_Freedom/...p?showtopic=24)
- Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs) in various Philippine Embassies and Consulates abroad
- Exit Clearance Delivery System (Dropbox)
[/LIST]PERSONS NOT QUALIFIED TO REGISTER AS WORKERS – ON – LEAVE:
- Dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (They can avail of the privilege of reduced travel tax by applying at the Philippine Tourism Authority)
- Persons who are traveling on student visa
- Persons who are traveling on business visa
- Permanent Residents of foreign countries.(They can avail of the privilege of travel tax exemption by applying at the
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who changed employers are considered New Hires
For more information, visit http://www.poea.gov.ph/html/balik.html