Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Onisuzume's Workshop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 8: Legio Angels of Destruction Army List
Onisuzume
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 04:58 PM

Supreme Grand Mistress

Group: Empress
Member No.: 1

Angels of Destruction Army List
The following pages contain an army list that enables you to field an Angels of Destruction army and fight battles using the scenarios included in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. It also provides you with the basic information you’ll need in order to field an Angels of Destruction army in scenarios you’ve devised yourself, or that form part of a campaign.

The list allows you to pick an army based on the troops that could be fielded by an Angels of Destruction Fighting Force, with attached support drawn from the armoury. By including the Master of the Paladins or the Master of the Knights in the army you also have the option of fielding a full Paladin or a Knight army.

The army list is split into five sections. All the squads, vehicles and characters in the army are placed into one of these depending on their role on the battlefield. Each model is also given a points value, which varies depending on how effective that model is in battle. Before you choose an army, you will need to agree with your opponent upon a scenario and the total number of points each of you will spend. Then you can proceed to pick your army as described below.

Using a Force Organisation Chart:
The army lists are used in conjunction with the force organisation chart from a scenario. Each chart is split into five categories that correspond to the section in the army list, and each category has one or more boxes. Each box indicates that you may make one choice from that section of the army list, while a dark-toned box indication a compulsory selection.

Missions & Points:
These army lists are primarily designed for use with the Combat Patrol and Standard Missions from the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. They may also be used with any other missions that use the Force Organisation charts, but please note that play balance may be affected if they are used for anything other than a Combat Patrol or a Standard Mission.

If you decide to fight a Combat Patrol or a Standard Mission then this will dictate the number of points used to select the army. Combat Patrol armies are always 400 points each, while for Standard Missions each player selects an army of 500 points or more. The more points you use the longer the game will be.

In addition the Mission you decide to play will determine what (if any) restrictions apply to picking your army. See the Combat Patrol or Standard Missions sections of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook for details of the restrictions that apply.

Using the Army List:
Before putting your army together for a game, agree with your opponent on the size of each force. Many players like to play games of 1,500 points per side, which provides around two hours of play, or the best part of an afternoon or evening. Look in the relevant section of the army list and decide what unit you want to have in your army, how many models there will be in it, and which upgrades you want (if any). Any upgrades that are taken must be shown on the model. Once this is done subtract the points value of the unit from your total points, and go back and make another choice. Continue doing this until you have spent all your points. Then you’re ready to do battle!

Army List Entries:
Each entry in the army list represents a different unit that you can use in a game. More information about the background and rules for the troops, vehicles and equipment in the army lists can be found on pages x-x.

Each unit entry in the army list is split into seven sections:
1.Unit Profile: At the start of each entry you will find the name of the unit, the profile of any models it can include, and the points cost of the unit without any upgrades.
2.Unit Composition: Where applicable, this entry lists the number and type of models that make up the basic unit.
3.Unit Type: This entry refers to the Warhammer 40,000 Unit Type Rules chapter.
4.Wargear: This entry details the equipment the models in the squad carry. The cost of all these models and all their equipment is included in the cost with the unit profile.
5.Special Rules: Any special rules that apply to the unit are listed here. These special rules are explained in further detail in the Forces section. Some refer to the Universal Special Rules section of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
6.Options: This section lists all of the upgrades you may add to the unit if you wish to do so. If a model is equipped with something listed in the Unit Upgrades section then you must pay the points for it – you may not take an upgrade unless a model in the unit actually has it.
7.Transport: This last entry refers to any transport vehicles the unit may take.

Headquarters:
This section contains the leading elements of the Legio.

Elites:
This section contains the elite forces of the Legio.

Troops:
This section contains the standard troops of the Legio.

Fast Attack:
This section contains the rapid strike elements of the Legio.

Heavy Support:
This section contains the heavy fire support forces of the Legio.

--------------------
My self within the dark. No... The darkness within me.
Onisuzume
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 05:07 PM

Supreme Grand Mistress

--------------------
Onisuzume
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 05:12 PM

Supreme Grand Mistress

Elites:
This section of the Legio Angels of Destruction's army list details on the elite units used by the Legio Angels of Destruction.

Squads:
Paladin Squad
Veteran Sisters Squad
Knights Veteran Squadron
Techmarine

Vehicles:
Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Mortis Pattern Dreadnought
Predator Spearhead

--------------------
Onisuzume
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 05:14 PM

Supreme Grand Mistress

Troops:
This section of the Legio Angels of Destruction's army list details the standard troops used by the Legio.

Squads:
Battle Sisters

Vehicles:
Rhino Spearhead

--------------------
Onisuzume
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 05:54 PM

Supreme Grand Mistress

Fast Attack:
This section of the Legio Angels of Destruction's army list contains the rapid strike elements of the Legio.

Squads:
Storm Sisters Squad
Knight Attack Squadron
Purgation Sisters Squad

Vehicles:
Knight Support Squadron
Razorback Spearhead

--------------------
Onisuzume
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 05:58 PM

Supreme Grand Mistress

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Legio Angels of Destruction | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1740 seconds | Archive