zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Okunen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Okunen - Guild Introduction & Direction
Duo
Posted: Apr 12 2015, 03:25 AM

~*Okunen Leader*~

Group: Leader
Member No.: 1

Hello all.

I generally run by many different IGNs, however I prefer to go by my nickname Duo. For now, I am 25 years old. On top of gaming, I run a day job, am an active inline speed skater and study game design independently. I reside in the Eastern time zone.

Okunen is a Japanese term that roughly means "something that will always be remembered." I have been the leader/assistant leader of several guilds throughout my online gaming career and burned myself out pretty good, but after a much needed break I'd like to resume guild activities as much as possible.

Okunen is a guild for people who are interested in being a part of a community that is involved in a deep understanding of the games we play, both online and offline. We strive to research for information, understand mechanics, challenge metas, and simply aim to optimize our gaming experience by knowing as much as we can learn and applying it in-game.

At the same time, Okunen is a casual guild. We have personal goals, not universal expectations. We're very loose, especially around the butt region. We generally spend most of our conversation on making fun of each other or joking about what's on our monitors. We'll probably argue from time to time, but our current collective has been going strong for 3-9 years depending on member. People have come and gone and we currently remain a small, relatively private group willing to expand.

There are 5 points I like to stress about my guild, ranging from obvious to personal.

1. Guild unity. The people within the guild should strive to share positive relationships with one another and feel able to be involved. Communication should come freely, and no one should fall under the judgment of another's opinion.

2. Growth and guidance. I try to help the players in my guild get the most out of their gaming time. I offer myself as a library of information so long as I am online. Members of the guild should also radiate with similar intent.

3. Self-directed gameplay. Okunen exists to enhance, not control a gaming experience. The pace you take in your gaming will never be obstructed by being in this guild. We're more interested in being able to get along, not hours or requirements.

4. Neutrality. This is probably the one thing I emphasize most in my guild. Avoid excessive negativity as well as excessive glorification. We all carry opinions; what matters is the presentation.

5. Entertainment. Lastly, guilds exist to cater to an environment you feel is optimal. If at any time the guild is not of your liking, you are free to go find where you will achieve your idea of optimal entertainment.

Thanks for putting up with my obnoxious wall of text. If you've made it this far, pat yourself on the back, then feel free to make your decision.

Regardless, we will likely cross paths in game.

Cheers,
Duo
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0263 seconds · Archive
Free Domain Names @ .co.nr