Image hosting by Photobucket

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Off The Top Rope. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ECW to return?!?!, from PWinsider
gadgetboy
Posted: Apr 23 2006, 07:07 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

WWE has made the decision to bring back Extreme Championship Wrestling as a full time entity and has begun talking with former ECW talent about returning to work for the new version of the legendary promotion. As of right now, WWE is targeting a September return for the promotion. No decision has been made as to exactly how the company will be brought back yet. It's possible that it will take over the present OVW territory, that it will be a promotion that gets matches on the Raw and/or Smackdown promotions or possibly in some other manner. Sources have told us that Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer will be booking ECW when it starts up.

WWE has already contacted a number of ECW wrestlers and contracts will be sent out to them this week. The talents are being offered three year deals which consist of a series of one year contracts, with rollover clauses. A number of wrestlers have been contacts so far. We can confirm that WWE has talked with The Sandman, Francine and Balls Mahoney and will be sending contracts out to them this week.

We will have more information on this story later today or tomorrow.
bloodywolf
Posted: Apr 23 2006, 08:36 PM

Mid-Card

Member No.: 3

Holy f*ck, I was told this was going to happen when we went over for last year's one night stand but damn I'm in shock
seraphym
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 08:36 AM

IC Title Contender

Member No.: 5

I heard this last year too,if it does come off would be a great idea.
All they need to do then is restart WCW (run by Bischoff),scrap the brand extension. Give WCW the smackdown timeslot and name, and run 4 3 way PPVs.
That would be cool! (IMO) biggrin.gif
bloodywolf
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 04:05 PM

Mid-Card

Member No.: 3

seraphym
Posted: May 5 2006, 09:07 AM

IC Title Contender

ECW signs several Superstars

As first reported by WWE’s new mobile alert system, ECW has signed the following:
The Sandman
Francine
Danny Doring
Tony Mamaluke
Sabu
Jazz
Axl Rotten
Balls Mahoney
C.W. Anderson

Story Link : http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/ecwsignings

Plus Sabus official site has mentioned his signing,
http://www.officialsabu.com/

also Lance storm has discussed his role in any future ECW.
http://www.stormwrestling.com/043006.html
badgerface
Posted: May 7 2006, 11:54 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

WOW!

Awesome news . . . but is it?

One Night Stand did a damn good job of re-capturing the ECW feel, but can they do that "full time"? Whether they can or not, I'll certainly be watching! (I wonder what days/channels/times we'll get it over here?)

If we don't get it over here, I think I'll probably try to kill something... realmad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
badgerface
Posted: May 8 2006, 03:32 PM

Administrator

ECW news bits, all from Rajah.com....

WWE has signed a new deal with Jimmy "Akio" Yang. In his last stint with WWE he played a bodyguard for Yoshiro Tajiri and for a series of matches with Paul London.

It is quite possible that he will start out on the ECW Brand.

New Jack cut a promo at an independent show in Pittsburgh, PA Thursday night that he had signed a contact with WWE for their ECW project. According to sources within the WWE locker room, there is no truth to those claims.

WWE has, however, signed a mini wrestler from the Midwest known as Shortstack. Apparently the plan is to team Shortstack on SmackDown! as Fit Finlay’s sidekick.

WWE’s ECW One Night Stand PPV will air free of charge on Sky Sports 1 for United Kingdom fans at 1 a.m. that night. This move will cost them around 40,000 PPV orders.

Good, keep that piece od crap out(!)

Dave Scherer is reporting that Tommy Dreamer has signed a new wrestler’s contract with WWE to wrestle in the new ECW. For now, it looks as if Dreamer will also continue his duties with Ohio Valley Wrestling.

Dreamer has been a major part of the new ECW as he will be in charge of the project alongside Paul Heyman and has now agreed to return to the ring for the company.

The following is a statement from Francine's MySpace page:

Friday, May 05, 2006

Ok, Ok, it's official!

Yes, it's official. I have signed with WWE. I am super excited and can't wait to see what my role will be in the new ECW. I am looking forward to being with the old crew and getting to know the new guys/girls involved as well. ONS, here I come!!!

Again, I just want to say "Thank you' to all of you who have supported me. I hope you all will continue to support me in my new venture and I hope to see all of you at a show real soon! Love you guys!!! xoxo

Francine

Here is a list of people confirmed to be part of the relaunch of ECW.

Bookers: Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer, possibly Smackdown's Ed Koskey part time

Announcers: Joey Styles, second announcer to be determined

Expected by everyone to be the top star:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman
Tommy Dreamer
Sabu
Al Snow
Axl Rotten
Balls Mahoney
Francine
Jazz
C. W. Anderson
Danny Doring
The FBI (expected to be Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke)

Part Time Talent (Individuals confirmed and rumored to make part time appearances for the brand):

Terry Funk
Masato Tanaka
Yoshihiro Tajiri
Mikey Whipwreck
Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

The First Non-ECW Talent to get a big push:

CM Punk

Possible Signings/Call ups:

Roadkill (In OVW)
Kid Kash (Possible Smackdown transfer)
Super Crazy (Possible Smackdown transfer)
Justin Credible (If the MTV group doesn't renew his contract)
Lance Storm (Has said he will possibly work selected dates, but not full time)
Stevie Richards (Not being used much now)
Johnny Swinger (Would make sense)
Nova/Simon Dean (A possibility but also has a good role on Smackdown)

--------------------
user posted image
gadgetboy
Posted: May 8 2006, 09:16 PM

Hall of Famer

Jimmy Yang, as Akio, wrestles Charlie Haas on Heat this week - it's a reasonable match.
badgerface
Posted: May 9 2006, 08:57 PM

Administrator

Interesting news on ECW from Rajah.com...

Even though it seemed sudden, the relaunch of ECW was in the mind of Vince McMahon for quite a while after the success of last year’s pay-per-view. Writers and bookers were so impressed with the turn out they wanted to start a storyline to bring back the brand in 2005. But WWE opted to concentrate on the building SmackDown and RAW champions Batista and John Cena. WWE formally had discussions of starting up an ECW brand after the fast sellout of tickets of the second One Night Stand pay-per-view. To Vince McMahon, more than anyone else, it indicated that ECW was more than just a reunion show to the fans.

In 2001 WWE bought the ECW brand and the intellectual property and video tape library for over $3 million. WWE decided it was time to earn a faster return on the investment than just the long-term benefits of its inclusion in the "24/7" channel, DVD compilation footage, and the annual pay-per-views.

The ECW brand will operate under the WWE parent company and will have its own teams to run day-to-day operations. Bookings and talent will go through WWE management but it is said that Paul Heyman will have carte blanche in running the brand.

WWE will use current road agents to book matches and handle operations on the road. WWE has already booked Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio for the first ECW-specific show with Raw and Smackdown talent also booked for the show which will be broadcast as a USA Network special. Afterwards, ECW will debut as a single brand at the ECW Arena on 6/24.

ECW will start out in smaller venues and slowly build up to larger arenas. WWE is looking for a late night time slot to place the show in. Either on USA Network or one of its sister stations under the Universal Network umbrella.

--------------------
user posted image
gadgetboy
Posted: May 10 2006, 08:52 PM

Hall of Famer

Interestingly, WWE's 'AM Raw' show has been drawing ratings over 1.0, not in it's saturday morning slot, but in a 2am replay slot. That's both better than TNA and a perfect slot for ECW.
seraphym
Posted: May 11 2006, 09:31 AM

IC Title Contender

Couple of links on WWE site for phine interview with Tazz about RVDs comments and Dreamers treatment on last Mondays RAW

Tazz link
seraphym
Posted: May 25 2006, 12:28 PM

IC Title Contender

New York, N.Y., May 25, 2006 - SCI FI Channel today announced that World Wrestling Entertainment®, the producer of the No. 1 weekly basic cable TV series, “Monday Night RAW “on USA Network, will debut a summer series on Tuesday, June 13, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling®) will be an alternative brand of wrestling suited to fit the SCI FI Channel’s commitment to fuel the imagination.

"Research tells us that there's a healthy appetite for wrestling among SCI FI viewers," said Bonnie Hammer, President, USA and SCI FI Channel. "With ECW, we're able to deliver to those fans unique action with a twist that's perfect for SCI FI."

“ECW on SCI FI will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment.

For more information go to ECW.com.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 85 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

Fingers crossed its still on Sky thumbs_up.gif
gadgetboy
Posted: May 25 2006, 06:33 PM

Hall of Famer

It's replacing Velocity on Sky thumbs_up.gif
badgerface
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 04:06 PM

Administrator

Do we know what day, and what time?

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.8488 seconds | Archive