probably not the smartest choice.
Brigitte Chantal
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 04:31 PM

Group: OFFLINE
Member No.: 206

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Wintermarch 29, 9:34

---------------------------------------

Making the decision to dock in Kirkwall, even with the rumors of those Qunari, "just waiting" for a chance to attack? Probably.. Not, the smartest choice that could have been made here. Not turning back around to head to a more welcoming place, after seeing the numerous Templars stationed around those docks? Probably.. Not, the smartest choice that could have been made here. Making sure that the ship actually didn't look like a pirate's ship, so that it wouldn't be obvious who would be docking into this city? ..Well, yes. That probably was a pretty smart choice. But the goods were extremely outweighed by the bad, and even Brigitte's less-than-intelligent crew was having a hard time figuring out what in her right mind gave her the brilliant idea to go to Kirkwall, of all places.

Having made the correct choice of docking in the corner of the docks, where the least attention was brought to the ships, Brigitte was comfortable in thinking that her ship would be safe, and free of scrutiny for the time being. Her, on the other hand.. She needed to be careful. An apostate roaming about the extremely prejudiced city of Kirkwall would have a hard time going unnoticed. And her boisterous crew, while large in its own right, would not be enough to stave off the advances of the Templar army.

"This probably wasn't.. the best choice that I could have made when choosing what city to dock in, hmm? That'll teach me to take the rumors to heart, next time.. Well, it's fine. We'll just take care of our business and we will be gone, just as quickly as we came." Brigitte nodded to herself. Wearing a fairly plain outfit so as to not draw the greatest amount of attention to herself, she took a moment to take in her surroundings. The area of the docks that she had landed in was no doubt the shadiest part of it. And there were no Templars to be seen in this little corner, either; unsurprising, as law enforcers seldom knew how to do their jobs correctly.

She couldn't stay a sitting duck forever. She simply came here to restock on some supplies. At night, her band of pirates would pillage the nearby boats for goods and then they would be on their way. She was going to take the time to survey the city during the day -- a convenient excuse for her to get off of her boat. She tired of being surrounded by men all of the time. She needed a break. It was just too bad that her break needed to involve the Knight Templars, instead of.. Hell, anything else. With a nod, she began to head on her way. No silly Templar would capture her, of course; it was just annoying to her to be put a bit more on edge than usual, just because of foolish men in metal suits.
Faldan Shan
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 07:31 PM

Member No.: 203

Back in Kirkwall! Faldan had missed its crevasses and cracks, the strange angles of the ex-quarries, the weird smell the sewer portals gave off…

In truth, Faldan hadn’t been here long enough to even know what Kirkwall was about, but he liked to imagine that he was returning from a journey, that he was coming home. But he had no home, and that was the sad truth of it.

Fadan shook the thoughts from his head. That was depressing, and it was such a nice day out! The sun was shining, and the sky was the color of a bluebird’s egg, and reflected off the rippling waves in the harbor. Faldan was walking down the docks, looking at ships, and there were some fantastic ones in today. The small square transport vessels mixed in with the huge galleons, and the quick fisherman’s boats. Faldan loved the docks because there was always something new and interesting happening, not to mention the variety of sights from far off places. He could hear the calls of the sailors echoing out through the rock walls of the city, and up into the Gallows above.

Faldan saw a large patrol of Templars making their way down the bayside, and decided to follow them. The wanderer didn’t have much faith in Templar enforcement, his history with them being wrapped in bloody memories.

Uncertain of the objectives, and certainly uncertain of what he thought about them, the young man followed the six armored mage-hunters, his hand grazing the pommel of his sword.
Brigitte Chantal
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 01:43 AM

One step. Things seemed alright; nothing out of the ordinary. Two more steps. No sign of the Templars she had seen as her ship pulled in -- a cause for caution. She took a split second to glance over her shoulder; good, they hadn't suspected her and flanked her or anything. "The most unintelligent thing I could do right now is look as suspicious as I'm looking right now -- There's no reason for them to suspect me. Why should I be afraid.." Her thoughts trailed on, as in the distance she noticed a rather large cluster of Templar soldiers, heading her way. Were they coming to investigate her boat? That would be fine; Brigitte and her crew did an impeccable job at disguising it. They even had faux-cargo, prepared just for a situation like this. Should the Templars question them, the designated talker would have no problem assuring them that they were not unlike the other boats around them. These pirates were slippery, after all -- after coming under Brigitte's employment, she had done her best at forcing them to use every brain cell that they could use to their advantage, rather than just their muscles.

She was more worried about herself. Glancing towards the dark, shadier section of the docks that she had spotted earlier, she changed direction and moved that way. She garnered the attention of a few individuals, but here she would be able to blend in and keep herself relatively unnoticed, and would also be able to slip away fairly easily, should things get a bit hairy. Settling herself in a more secluded corner of the area, she waited for the Templars to show their faces. Then she would just.. Sneak on by. That would work out just fine.

"..H-Hey, ah.. Excuse me," Brigitte looked up at the young man who had been inching his way closer to her. He looked terrified, at best. "Can you.." He glanced around at the others in the area, before lowering his voice. "Could you.. Could you help me? Please. I-I.. I don't know what to do." He chattered on, forgetting even the most basic of manners.

"Help you? With what, to begin with? And more importantly, why should I? If you're a criminal of some sort, you would bring me more trouble than I need right now."

"I-I'm not a criminal!" He exclaimed, before immediately feeling sheepish from the looks he had garnered. Lowering his voice once more, he continued: "I mean, at least.. I haven't really.. Done anything wrong, exactly. I haven't stolen anything or killed anyone, at least."

"But you've done something."

"Well, yeah.. I mean, well, uh.. Okay, okay. You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you, right now."

"I'm supposed to promise something to a foreign person who approaches me in one of the darkest corners of a city? I think not. But you will tell me, or you will try your luck on one of the other.. Upstanding citizens around us."

"..I guess I don't have a choice. Fine, fine.. I'm a mage, alright?" He whispered, very hushed. Brigitte felt interest peaking within her. She looked at him a bit more intently -- certainly there was more to this story.

"But my dad didn't want to turn me in. So he kept me a secret.. But then I was caught. Practicing magic. It was foolish of me, I-I should have just stayed inside and did it, but I didn't want to burn the house. One of those bloody elves caught me, and reported me! Initially the Templars weren't willing to listen to an elf, thank the Maker. But.. Then they started getting suspicious. They started watching me. Eventually they decided that they were going to come and.. Question me? Or just take me, I-I don't know.. But I knew they were coming. So I just ran. I ran.. And it looks like they've found me."

Brigitte took a moment to.. To take in this boy's story. What to do.
Faldan Shan
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 02:29 AM

Member No.: 203

The sight of the armored Templars in this side of the docks caused a certain amount of stir. Blocks ahead of them, certain shops shut down, and individuals ducked down alleyways. While the city watch was theoretically responsible for all of the crime in the city, the massive force of Templars stationed in Kirkwall were just as feared by the criminal organizations. Like a hunter's approach through the woods being heralded by ravens, groups of young boys, doubtless under the hire of dozens of criminals, ran down the streets ahead of the Templars, heralding the shining juggernauts as they marched down the street.

One of the templars spotted something and closed ranks for a moment, pointing and looking to his companions. A few of them nodded, and they began to make tracks toward the buildings, making a bead for a woman, and young man standing at the side of the street. Faldan cocked his head and stepped to the side, eyeballing the situation, entirely uncertain of what to do, or what it was even about yet.
Brigitte Chantal
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 01:55 PM

It looked as though Brigitte didn't have as much time as she had thought; within seconds, the Templars had the two of them in their sights. While she had made a point to keep up a good poker face -- she had a plan, you see -- she was inwardly pissed. Pissed, at.. a lot of the variables in this. The boy, for one, who just had to seek out Brigitte as opposed to any one else around them. She was upset with herself for even coming to Kirkwall -- though again, she didn't have many options. Brigitte certainly had a knack for getting herself into trouble. But, she remembered, she also had a knack for getting herself out of trouble.

"But.. I don't seem to have a knack for getting other people out of trouble with me."

As her thoughts raced, the boy had heard the noisy clanking and clattering of the Knight Templars' armor. He immediately grew terrified, and while he did search, he could find nowhere to run.

"You look terrified," Brigitte stated, in a hushed tone. "Like a criminal. Perhaps they don't know your face?" She added, attempting to get him to just.. Shut up.

"I-I don't know if they know what I look like, or not.. But, you're right. They'll take me anyway, i-if I look guilty.."

"Indeed."

"You there!" The Templars had reached them. Brigitte immediately examined them all in detail. Five of them. Too many to fight, but perhaps enough for her to outrun -- with a distraction attached. Were it to come to that, anyway. Worst case scenario, she could use blood magic to summon a few demons, and keep them at bay while she fled. She would thereafter have to change her appearance, though, and come back to her boat at night so that she could flee the town -- too complicated. Perhaps she could seduce some of them; she noticed one who had been looking at her a bit longer than the rest. Probably the newest one. Not as devoted as the others, yet. That still didn't save her from the other four, though.. Hmm.

"We're looking for an apostate. Young boy, thin, average height, brown hair. Just fled from his home, and ran in this direction. His description.. Matches this young man, here." The Templar spoke. Brigitte listened, taking every empty moment (that is, when eyes were on the boy and not her) to eye-flirt with one of the Templars. She soon refocused; acting as a general citizen would, after hearing the word "apostate".

"Wh-what? What are you saying?" The boy whined; he wasn't good at keeping up a farce.

"I'm saying that we will take you in for questioning, and ultimately will test you to see if you are a mage; unless you have any information on our apostate." The Templar declared, matter-of-factually.

"A test? There's tests you can take?" Brigitte inquired.

"Whether there is or isn't a test is classified information," Very strong, with this point. This really meant that there most likely was no test and that if they took the boy, he would stay. "You wouldn't happen to have any information on our apostate, would you, milady?"

"Me? Well.." The boy glanced at Brigitte, begging her not to say anything. "I, I was.. scared, at first. Scared that if I said anything, I would.. be killed."

"So you do know something? What is it? Tell us." The boy tensed; he didn't know what to think.

"Well, the truth is that.." she started, glancing among her surrounding peers, made up of Templars and a sad little boy. "This boy is a mage. He, he told me.. Everything. But I didn't say anything, because I thought he would kill me!" Brigitte declared, begging for sympathy. Her role as "damsel in distress" was played very well. She wanted to pat herself on the back. Her eyes even watered.

"What?! Why, you--! I trusted you! I, I..!" He hissed, before bringing fire among the Templars in front of them. He stunned them with this, then went to attack Brigitte with a spirit bolt. Normally, she could have easily deflected this -- but, playing a role, she responded by pulling up her hands in defense. This allowed her to create a very small, unnoticeable shield of magic that would protect her from the shot, but still make it appear that she was hit -- also as a result of it, she would fly backwards, into the pavement. The boy ran.

Most of the Templars got up and chased after him; one of the Templars was hit noticeably worst than the others, suffering from third degree burns on his face. Brigitte sat up, feigning slight injury.

She was feeling pretty proud of herself. What a plan, huh?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONS REPLY   NEW TOPIC   NEW POLL   

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3458 seconds | Archive