Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to ONTARIO SASQUATCH/OWFR. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Shooting Bigfoot - Documentary, The Rick Dyer Hoax
Shawn1973
Posted: Apr 25 2013, 02:42 AM

Wise Owl

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Yes, I know.....we see the name Rick Dyer and think "yawn". I wanted to post this as a warning to anyone that is thinking of expanding their dvd collection.

We have all heard the name Rick Dyer by now, and know he is fairly well known as the guy who assisted Tom Biscardi in the "Georgia Bigfoot hoax of 2008" where the two claimed to have a dead Sasquatch body. The claim managed to receive worldwide media attention as well as funds from media organizations before learning the story was nothing but a hoax.

After learning about Dyer's questionable past on popular Sasquatch forums and facebook, almost no one believed his latest claim of shooting a Bigfoot. So why bother spending so much time attempting to create hype over an obvious hoax? For marketing, why else?

The following story proves, as many of us suspected, that all the the talk of having another dead sasquatch was marketing hype for a movie sale.

By: Addison Wylie

The documentary Shooting Bigfoot follows three expeditions led by four different devoted and off-kilter trackers.

One subject is Rick Dyer. Dyer has had his name besmirched in the world of hunting Bigfoot due to a scam that took the media by storm. Once he finds Bigfoot, he plans to capture it and take its life.

Another hunter is Tom Biscardi, a well known tracker who has no interest in killing Bigfoot, but was involved with Dyer’s hoax. By the skin of his teeth, he was able to somewhat clear his name even if both parties have different stories. He was, and still is, a man who is passionate about the hunt for the elusive creature and will stop at nothing to prove his truths.

The last team of hunters are a couple of best friends. Dallas and Wayne may look unprepared…and that may be true. However, with their prior experience hunting the mysterious beast and their ability to “successfully” make familiar calls to it, they’re the underdogs in this truly oddball story of dedication and the line that’s drawn in the sand between hopefulness and losing your marbles.

Filmmaker Morgan Matthews doesn’t make his subjects likeable or unlikeable, but rather lets their boisterous outgoingness speak for themselves. It works because our main hunters don’t come across as false personalities. Their aggressiveness, frustration, and dedication never feels cooked up by a cheeky editor, but rather by men who are very proud and simply do not think before they speak.

Each hunter, whether they like it or not, picks their on-screen destiny. Dallas and Wayne are goofy, but a hoot to root for and follow on their surreal quest. Biscardi, on the other hand, makes for a great anti-hero. He snarls and gets flustered easily when his team isn’t on the same page as him, but we can’t help but find him interesting when he shows how focused he is to find Bigfoot and how unintentionally hilarious he is when he demands people to get him peach Snapple.

Because Matthews doesn’t tell us what to think, his direction feels natural – even though I wish he was on mic when he asked questions behind the camera. I wasn’t a fan of how the doc would take on a smart aleck attitude occasionally with its music. At one point when Dyer is explaining a past run-in with the creature, the background music swells and gets more dramatic. As I explain it, it sounds as if Matthews is trying to add more tenseness to the scene, but when you see it on screen, it feels as if Matthews doesn’t have the right intentions.

With all the laughs, the eccentricities, and oodles of quotable lines (my personal favourite is when Biscardi is describing how long winded someone is: “You ask him for the time and he builds you a watch!”), it’s unfortunate Matthews drops the ball at the very end.

Shooting Bigfoot has a non-ending that feels as if the director’s patience wore too thin and eventually threw his hands up in the air and gave up. Once you see what happens in the surprisingly creepy last third, you’ll understand why Matthews feels resentment. However, the ending still feels too abrupt and doesn’t end the way moviegoers will want it to.

Looking past that ending – the doc’s only real noteworthy downfall – Shooting Bigfoot is a ton of fun and is strangely fascinating from start to finish

http://wyliewrites.wordpress.com/2013/04/2...scoring-laughs/

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Tim M
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 01:58 AM

Swift Cougar

Member No.: 64

Nice.
I'm looking forward to seeing this next week.
I'll let you know my thoughts.
Shawn1973
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 05:34 AM

Wise Owl

Please let us all know Tim.

Obviously don't spend money on it though. We all know the history of the crew involved in this video and the other videos they have released.

I hang my head in shame and admit that I was once victim to several of the videos they produced as I was once one of those people who purchased Bigfoot videos online without doing my background research prior to punching in my credit card details.

Attached Image
Shawn1973
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 02:45 PM

Wise Owl

It's hard to put value to much of what Robert Lindsay writes about these days, but his latest story may have some credibility.

Rick Dyer and his crew have been selling memberships to the public which allow access to certain amount of information involving his claim to possess another dead Bigfoot which Dyer claims was lured by a piece of bbq ribs and shot with his own sharp shooting skills. I believe a platinum membership was selling for the ultra-low price of $350 USD.

When the membership system was put into place by Dyer, he advertised that the money would be used to support the homeless. Some people fell for this marketing scam and once the fees were collected, Dyer changed his mind and announced that the fees were going to be used to buy himself a nice shiny new Corvette. Since this is against the law in most countries, the FBI may have opened an investigation against him and his wife whichh may both be in serious trouble.

Here is the story:

While this isn't the first time Rick Dyer has been trouble for fraud, if this latest article by Robert Lindsay is true, it will be interesting to see how he spins this. Will Dyer claim that the Men In Black are trying to shut him down, or will he blame "haters" for the mess he has created for himself? According to Lindsay's latest post, the people working with Dyer may be in hot water as well:

Rick and Lily Dyer under investigation by the FBI! A source recently informed that the FBI came to the home of Rick and Lily Dyer in Las Vegas, Nevada on Thursday, April 25, 2013. Two agents knocked on their door and said they wanted to speak to Rick. Rick told them he did not want to talk to them and told them to talk to his attorney instead. Later that day, the agents came back with a warrant and confiscated two laptops and a desktop computer.

Rick was upset because there was financial information on the computers and he was worried about going to jail. The investigation against Rick centers around “interstate fraud,” whatever that means, but it is probably related to mail and wire fraud and related RICO statutes. It looks like Rick and Lily Dyer are going to be lawyering up.

A couple of other people associated with Dyer may be under investigation also.

Also though Dyer haters will probably say that this investigation is related to Rick pulling a hoax or fraud around the killing of Hank the Bigfoot, I do not think that is what is going on here.

Instead I think it is related to the memberships that Rick is selling on his website. Rick originally stated that all of the money from the memberships is going to be donated to the charity to help the homeless. Then after he sold quite a few memberships, he changed his mind and said it is going to help him buy a new Corvette. You can’t collect money to help the homeless and not give the homeless one dime of it and instead use it to buy a new car. That’s called fraud.

Because the fraud was conducted across state lines be collecting membership fees from all over, the FBI gets involved and its a federal offense. These laws were originally written up to get mobsters, but since then, they have often been used to bust politicians and corporate officials for various types of corruption and fraud. The head of Enron, Jeffrey Skilling, and Conrad Black, Canadian newspaper magnate, both went down on these laws recently. There has been some controversy about whether these laws are too broad, and a recent Supreme Court case limited the scope of the law. See the Wikipedia article on honest services fraud for more.

At any rate, I have been proven right yet again. I’ve always said that Dyer was a crook, and here’s yet more evidence. What a foolish, headstrong man!

As per http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.ae/2013/04...r.html?spref=fb

Attached Image
Peter Smith
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 04:23 PM

Pathfinder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

If you give a crook enough rope...........

--------------------
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase
Stefan Beaudoin
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 12:38 PM

Timber Wolf

Member No.: 84

I was thinking about going, but I know how its going to turn out. They call him a Tricky Ricky for a reason. But if you do go Tim..let us know about the last three mins.....feel free to contact me right away....

--------------------
"The Many Wonders At Your Feet"
Stefan Beaudoin
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 12:47 PM

Timber Wolf

There is also reports that he is being investigated and while Lindsay is far from reliable, he might be onto something. I know some who tried to stop his 2008 hoax have reported him to various enforcement agencies. He is a scammer.

I think this membership thing is pretty low.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=tn_tn...embers/?fref=ts

Like Shane said he is hiding behind the false premise of helping the homeless, but it has turned to that its his money and its none of your dam business what he does with it.

--------------------
Jamie
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 02:35 PM

Wise Owl

Member No.: 113

Ya, he has 35 members. I'm glad it's a hoax and that he didn't actually shoot one.

--------------------
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. We'll all end up blind and hungry".

Me
Stefan Beaudoin
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 03:20 PM

Timber Wolf

Thats just the people on FB Jaimie. He also has silver memberships and 5 dollar ones. This also does not include the money he charges for a expeditions ( 2000 dollars), shirts and other stuff.

He is fleecing people pretty good. I cannot understand how they can believe him.

--------------------
Stefan Beaudoin
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 03:23 PM

Timber Wolf

This guy has been poking fun at the whole thing. If you do not know who John Foss is, thats Jack Barnes from FB/FB real name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en7n2quipCM

--------------------
Jamie
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 03:32 PM

Wise Owl

Member No.: 113

LOL that is funny. Oh ya I'm sure he's fleeced alot of folks. I hope the F.B.I. is on his and his wife's a$$ and their accomplices.

--------------------
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. We'll all end up blind and hungry".

Me
Tim M
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 03:51 PM

Swift Cougar

Member No.: 64

Yes, I'd be happy to let everyone know how the screening goes.
It's tomorrow night.
Stand by for a report.
Peter Smith
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 04:06 PM

Pathfinder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

We had a nice letter from Jack Barnes, thanking us for shutting down his Youtube channel, and having his publisher pull his book. We had asked him nicely to remove copyrighted material, three times. When he refused, Youtube removed it for us. Youtube also invoked the 3-strike rule, and shut them down.

His book also displayed copyrighted work, so we asked the publisher to pull the book. We may have had a little sympathy, if he had not been supporting Dyer.

Jack Demosthenes Barnes                                                    4:50pm Apr 24
Well we have to thank you. You have successfully taken down our Youtube site permanently. Thanks for your copyright strikes. Now our book. When you find out that not only The Rick Dyer story is true, and you realize our books theory is correct. We are going to make sure that every single person knows that you are a censor. Your tactics are disgraceful and it should be known that you have deleted maybe 10,000 hours of work. You are very silly.

No need to thank us, or threaten us; we are happy to censor anything that is not fact. We did ask you nicely.

Thanks to two other members who also complained to Youtube about FB/FB.

BTW, did anyone read the book? What exactly did he say about Dyer?

--------------------
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase
Stefan Beaudoin
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 04:28 PM

Timber Wolf

They had a lot of time to fix it Peter, but they used it to there advantage. I feel they are really just a marketing machine.

Thanks for sharing that with us Peter....FB/FB are the last ones to talk. they block anyone who does subscribe to Rick having a body.

--------------------
JohnC
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 08:51 PM

Wise Owl

Member No.: 37

I think it takes a lot of nerve to take other peoples material illegally, use it for profit and promotion, then cry foul when the rightful owner protests. He is lucky his misplaced blame is not taken, and demonstrated to Face book in form of a formal complaint, it might cost him his account there as well.

--------------------
"There is nothing in cryptology that violates any established laws,laws of physics,or laws of nature,what it violates are some peoples sensibilities, so its really,that's more of a social problem rather than a scientific problem." Dr.J.Richard Greenwell
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussions | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1511 seconds | Archive