InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to ONTARIO SASQUATCH/OWFR. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Plans For Summer, Any expeditions,trips being planned
Sparkler
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 10:33 AM

Lil' Squirrel

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Hello all it's cold out so I plan summer holidays and trip during this time, I was wonder if anyone else is? And where everyone might like to go?
I know this is silly to ask considering the type of site and forum this is. But it is interesting to see what areas people like and why we are going there.
My big trip this year I've just booked to Algonquin Park again. Going further north again this year, to Cedar Lake/ Brent campgourd area for 9 days.
Of course we'll probably go to a few closer spots either day trips or small 2 nights with the kids.During the summer. None of our kids like to go to Algonquin with us .
Geez Teenagers no tv, internet what would they do? blink.gif

--------------------
Truth is often stranger then fiction
Peter Smith
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:00 AM

Pathfinder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

by Sparkler
I know this is silly to ask considering the type of site and forum this is.

I don't think that is silly at all. OWFR was formed by three of us that make a few trips each season, into the wilds of Northern Ontario. At least one member recently mentioned that they were going to Cedar Lake, and a few others go to other areas of Algonquin Park.

The Sudbury group posts at least one planned trip, that is in a location, that may be convenient to other members, and any member is welcome to join us.

We are interested in all proposed trips, and look forward to a report of any animals that were sighted.

Sparkler, you are in Stratford. There are a number of members not far from you. As Ontario is so vast, I have been encouraging members to get acquainted, and form small groups locally. The Sudbury Group consists of four members that regularly do either day trips, or weekend trips, and we sure get a lot out of being in a group, rather than alone.

--------------------
For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.
― Stuart Chase
Sparkler
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 11:45 AM

Lil' Squirrel

Member No.: 33

That is a great idea of getting people in the same area together. I've tried to do that with another group I belong to. But I have a couple of problems with meeting others.
First I work weekends if not the whole weekend a good part of it most of the time.
Second I don't drive on highways, I know it's silly I can drive all over town but I have a fear of driving on highways.
And lastly complicated issues with my son and 3 step children.
I love the idea but may not be able to make it out with others . If I'm able to meet up with other for a day of hiking sometime that would be very nice. Wait and see I guess.

--------------------
Truth is often stranger then fiction
Peter Smith
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 10:40 AM

Pathfinder

I know other people, including my wife, that are comfortable in local traffic, but avoid busy highways. I never look forward to driving south, and getting into the 401 traffic.

Just meeting for a coffee occasionally, or exchanging emails is all that is necessary to keep a group in touch, and interested. Our local group stays in touch at least once or twice per week, via email. That said, we also have other common interests, such as cameras, and tech toys in general.

As we all know, there are more dynamics involved in maintaining a successful local group, and despite all good intentions, it does not always work out. But if personalities are compatible, it can be worthwhile.

--------------------
For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't, no proof is possible.
― Stuart Chase
Stonekicker
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:44 PM

Swift Cougar

Member No.: 5

Algonquin Park is always an interesting place to visit although it seems a little crowded for myself. Going back country there could be an enjoyable time, getting out on the canoe routes and roughing it a little. I plan on spending some time this year in the Temagami area. That land of endless sightings and stories. Been meaning to go there for a number of years now but always seem to be busy going to other locations and the next thing you know winter is back.
What a year. I have already carried out a day terk deep into rough bush on the hunt for evidence. NO FLIES Little snow and it is only March. Usually we are still ice fishing and the snow is four feet deep.
Stonekicker
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:16 PM

Swift Cougar

What about an excursion in April while the leaves are still not on the trees and most important is the flies are not out yet. Only bad thing is it is cold at night.
The visability is really good. ? dry.gif
Tim Ervick
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 07:13 PM

Unregistered

I'm available the 27th after 530 till Tuesday the 1st of May. Is it Temagami your talking about? I'm game!
Stonekicker
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 06:14 AM

Swift Cougar

We can make it Temagami. I will get some locations ready and maps. Plans you know.
Tim Ervick
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:54 PM

Unregistered

Sounds good Stonekicker! Talk more via email.
Jason Goldring
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:53 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I'm in for sure. Weather looks good. Crap, now I jinxed it wink.gif

As Tim said, will talk more by email.

--------------------
"As long as I stand between the sun and my shadow, I guess I am doing well...." -Stuart Adamson
Kite-Squatch
Posted: May 8 2012, 12:28 AM

Swift Cougar

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Jason Goldring @ Apr 24 2012, 07:53 PM)
Crap, now I jinxed it  wink.gif

Want me to shoot you in the foot now, or do you want to do it yourself? wink.gif

--------------------
KITE-SQUATCH: “In the environment on the planet Venus, you would be crushed, corroded, & burned - all at the same time.”

MRS. KITE-SQUATCH: “That sounds like a night of hot sex....”
Jason Goldring
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:39 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Lol Kite-Squatch. Last minute changes so we did not make it out.
Hopefully sooner than later we will finally get out there!

J.

--------------------
"As long as I stand between the sun and my shadow, I guess I am doing well...." -Stuart Adamson
Peter Smith
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:35 PM

Pathfinder

Jason did not explain himself adequately. On my many trips, I had always checked the weather, and planned accordingly. Did not get wet until my first trip with Jason. I had a couple more fair weather trips, then another wet one with Jason. The term "jinx" was mentioned.

However, Jason did redeem himself on the third trip, when we again had excellent weather.

I try to plan for good weather, and a full moon, but it does not always work out..

--------------------
― Stuart Chase
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussions | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1424 seconds | Archive