Skin .Wiredvage designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Nothing Realm. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Cloverfield, WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS
KWolf 2K
Posted: Feb 10 2008, 02:26 AM

Teh candy! It make me invincible!
Group Icon

Group: Ultimate Admin
Member No.: 1

So... where to begin.

Well, for starters, this is one hell of an awesome movie. Effects, acting, all that makes this movie some of the greatest stuff to hit the big screen. However, there's some bad parts to the movie, and I hate to admit these but they're true.

The whole movie is filmed to look like it was done with a camcorder or something like that. Sort of down toned the quality to give it that home movie feel. This is a good way to do a monster movie, because it's sort of like the view point of someone who just happens to be there when the monster attacks. However, watching it in theaters with the camera waving back and forth and the scene blurred and distorted is nausiating. If you watch in theaters, be sure you haven't eaten Thanksgiving dinner just before. Try to make as small a mess as possible in the theater, alright?

Another thing was the ending of the movie. I'll try to keep the spoilers as few as possible, but think about it. They were in a helicopter, the monster bit it and threw it to the ground, the pilot died, but the camera and the three people left got out still alive. There's no way! And to crawl out of the wreckage just to have the monster be standing right there above you... that was such a cheap tactic to show off the monster. And then the two that remained up until the very end, they somehow ran up and grabbed the camera, but didn't get killed by the monster that was still standing right there. Plus, to me the worst part of the ending was that something would happen that would kill one more person, and the camera would sit there, you wouldn't hear any noise, and you'd be expecting the ending credits to start rolling in like two seconds or so, then all of a sudden, the people are right there again, running around like idiots.

Also, they kill everybody except for that one girl.

There were some awesome parts to the movie, though. My favorite parts was when they turn on the camera's night vision in the subway. That was awesome. I mean, you knew it was coming, but it was just so cool how they did it. Then there was the part where that girl exploded and blood just splattered the window and everyone was all like "OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!". That was sweet... Oh, and when the Statue of Liberty's head comes flying through the sky and smashes the building and then a few people, or when the monster takes out the bottom of the Empire State Building and it just collapses and falls apart... HOLY CRAP, THAT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!!

I laughed alot when people died in the movie... probably shouldn't have, but with today also being the release date of the One Piece movie, I had the whole theater to myself. I reccomend that if you go see this movie, go on the release of some other (crappy) popular movie. Then you can laugh all you want.

Overall, I give Cloverfield 8 out of 10 stars, and two thumbs up.

--------------------
Aruseus
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 10:19 PM

One of the barefoot children in the rain
Group Icon

Group: Site Gaurdian
Member No.: 5

no suprise you put this on here.

I would go see it if I had the time and money

--------------------
Hello. This signature has been hacked into and killed by KWolf 2K. Thank you, and have a nice day.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4621 seconds | Archive