zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Nicki Clyne Fan Site. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Soliums Package From Nicki!, Just in time for the holidays
Solium
Posted: Jan 2 2006, 12:12 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I will start by re-posting the package I received from Nicki Clyne a few weeks ago.

My Package From Nicki!
Happy as a corn muffin!

It took me sometime to figure out how to share the package I received from Nicki, while keeping it semi-personal. I wanted to keep it private yet share what I could as a fan.

I reduced, skewed, and watermarked the glossy pics, and "whited-out", some of the message while presenting enough info that should be exciting for the fans. FYI: Exciting things ahead in the second half of the season! The reductions do the glossy's no justice. They are really high quality!

user posted image

Thank you Nicki for the great package!

--------------------
user posted image
V
Posted: Jan 3 2006, 08:46 PM

Big Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Did she sympathize with our frustration that Cally didn't win any awards in the First Annual Golden Toaster Awards?

--->It was silly that Kandsye (Dualla) won over her for "Best Supporting Actress". I mean she only one because of drooling fanboys who think she's prettier, because Dualla didn't really DO as much as Cally in Season 1! (Well, she did a lot of stuff, just nothing big).

At any rate, Nicki is sure to win in the 2nd season awards; Best Usage of the Word Frak is practically locked, and after the Kobol arc and killing Galactica-Boomer, she deserves it more. Heck she's even getting scenes with Edwards James Olmos now.

I mean one of the nominations for the GINO awards (an award for the hell of it no other category thing) was "Nicki Clyne, for making so many people happy with what was meant to be a relatively minor character" (which unfortunately didn't win).

And I think she stands a good chance for most shocking moment (well, Pegasus is coming on pretty strong, etc).

--------------------
Solium
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 12:07 AM

Administrator

She made no comments regarding the GTA's. However I am sure she is very happy for those that did win. I agree Nicki should sweep the Second Annual Golden Toaster Awards. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Arakim
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 01:17 AM

Curious On Looker

Group: New Members
Member No.: 7

I love that first pic of her (to the left).

I wonder how she is handling all the attention?

In any case, lucky you Sol. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Solium
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 04:19 PM

Administrator

Thanks Arakim! I recieved it in Dec, so it felt like a surprise Christmas present from Canada! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Vorticity
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 11:52 PM

Big Fan

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (The_Merovingian @ Jan 3 2006, 08:46 PM)

At any rate, Nicki is sure to win in the 2nd season awards; Best Usage of the Word Frak is practically locked, and after the Kobol arc and killing Galactica-Boomer, she deserves it more.  Heck she's even getting scenes with Edwards James Olmos now. 

I utterly enjoyed the Golden Toaster Awards. I agree with you on Nicki's "MotherFrakker" line as a lock for best use of "Frak". I mean..unless they come up with some utterly amazing creatively use of "Frak" during the rest of season 2.

Nicki, and her Character Cally will earn some Golden Toasters in the future biggrin.gif And we might here from her about them in the future I hope!

Vorticity
"Corn Muffins are good food"

--------------------
crazyazunboy
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 08:36 PM

Curious On Looker

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 4 2006, 04:19 PM)
Thanks Arakim! I recieved it in Dec, so it felt like a surprise Christmas present from Canada! biggrin.gif

you know i remember reading somewhere that she moved to LA hmm could be wrong gonna have to dig it up...ill get back to you

--------------------
user posted image
Solium
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 09:33 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (crazyazunboy @ Jan 7 2006, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 4 2006, 04:19 PM)
Thanks Arakim! I recieved it in Dec, so it felt like a surprise Christmas present from Canada!  biggrin.gif

you know i remember reading somewhere that she moved to LA hmm could be wrong gonna have to dig it up...ill get back to you

Maybe your thinking of Katee Sackhoff ? She "lives" in LA. (Moved into an apartment 12 months ago) However most of the time she lives in Vancouver.

Nicki lives in Vancouver. Her agents office is in Vancouver BC, however she has a manager in Santa Monica, CA.

My hunch, she goes to LA for job opportunities.

--------------------
user posted image
Mustex
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 10:08 PM

Curious On Looker

Member No.: 17

BTW, did you send her your address in the package, or did she just get the return address off the envelope? I was too afraid I'd sound rude if I included my address inside (I can't think of any way of phrasing a request for pictures that doesn't sound like a thinly veiled way of saying "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!").
Solium
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 10:18 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (Mustex @ Jan 7 2006, 10:08 PM)
BTW, did you send her your address in the package, or did she just get the return address off the envelope? I was too afraid I'd sound rude if I included my address inside (I can't think of any way of phrasing a request for pictures that doesn't sound like a thinly veiled way of saying "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!").

It is always formal to include your name and address on your letter. In fact I would be leery of a fan letter without a full name and address. Those are the scary ones. Not that I know, I am not a celebrity! tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Husher
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 10:12 PM

Curious On Looker

Member No.: 8

I'm happy for you man! Thats good stuff! Did she send that cause you opened this website, or was it just response to fan mail?

Duplicate post edited by admin.

--------------------
"Frack the odds! We're going to find her!" -Commander Adama

user posted image

user posted image
Solium
Posted: Jan 11 2006, 12:18 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (Husher @ Jan 10 2006, 10:12 PM)
I'm happy for you man! Thats good stuff! Did she send that cause you opened this website, or was it just response to fan mail?

I recieve her package in Dec 05, responding to a fan letter I wrote way back in Feb 05. I just opened this forum on Jan 01, 06 biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Starbuckrocks
Posted: Jan 11 2006, 01:20 PM

Fan

Member No.: 9

Another Tip too. If you are from outside the US or Canada and are based in the UK its essential you send a international reply coupon from the post office so that they dont pay for return postage may help your chances of getting a reply.

--------------------
user posted image
Stoney3K
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 05:05 PM

Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

BTW, are Nicki's eyes naturally blue? I can remember close-ups of her on Galactica with dark eyes (brown). Maybe that's because of the lighting or she's wearing contacts on set.
Solium
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 05:14 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (Stoney3K @ Jan 17 2006, 05:05 PM)
BTW, are Nicki's eyes naturally blue? I can remember close-ups of her on Galactica with dark eyes (brown). Maybe that's because of the lighting or she's wearing contacts on set.

For some reason (in the beginning) I thought Nicki had dark brown eyes too. However to our knowledge her eyes are green. The eyes look blue in the scan above because of color shifting in the scan itself.

This is just my speculation but I believe her eyes are more of a "hazel" color. Which sometimes look like a gray/green or perhaps a gray/blue hue depending on the light.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1720 seconds | Archive

Affiliate Links

Nicki Clyne's Official Blog

Luciana Carro Fan Board   Leah Cairns Official Web Site   Hangar Deck 5   Nicki Clyne Fan Art Site   Ragnar Anchorage

Katee Sackhoff Forum   Caprica City Galactica.tv   Galactica Station Blog