Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Nicki Clyne Fan Site. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Wizard World Chicago
Cally-B-Good
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 03:29 PM

Curious On Looker

Group: Members
Member No.: 394

Nicki obviously wasn't at WW Chicago, but Olmos, Hogan and Carro were. The BSG Q&A was pretty boring. Olmos dominated every question and went off on rambling tangents. People forgot what the questions were! Poor Luciana just sat there, trying to be calm but clearly frustrated. Michael Hogan was absent from the Q&A.

I think Olmos and Hogan did ok on autographs and photos but I am pretty sure Luciana didn't do so well. She seemed very down.

That's my report! ninja.gif

This post has been edited by Cally-B-Good on Aug 23 2009, 03:29 PM

--------------------
Pedda
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 04:41 PM

Admin der Maiskuchen

Group: Admin
Member No.: 63

Thanks for your report, Cally-B-Good!

I'm sorry Nicki didn't join her three ex-colleagues as she had done in Philly

Olmos: Interesting... that pretty much confirms how I have come to perceive him over the past weeks and months. On the one hand, I have tremendous respect for Eddie's talent, his passion, his neverending willingness to interact with the fans, and all the humanitarian things he does.

On the other hand, his penchant for passionate promo babble has turned into somewhat annoying, self-centered rambling lately. I love BSG, too, but his praise (especially that for his own movie, "The Plan") goes a little too far. And it's embarrassing how he distorted the impact of BSG's "visit" to the United Nations. Last but not least, I agree his dominating a panel is rude. I mean, I know that he and Luciana have lots of respect for each other so she probably didn't mind, and I understand he's more "interesting" to most audiences than Luciana is (who isn't exactly bent on promoting herself anyway). But it's still rude. Besides, the Caprica gig was the best Luciana news in three years, and yet he just gave it away. rolleyes.gif

Luciana: Are you sure she was down? Maybe Lucci was a little tired. She had been shooting scenes for "Caprica" earlier that week.

--------------------
"What, you didn't know?"

Luciana Carro Fans
Cally-B-Good
Posted: Aug 24 2009, 08:21 AM

Curious On Looker

Group: Members
Member No.: 394

Pedda -

Originally Luciana's autograph booth was set up away from Hogan and Olmos... VERY far away. She wound up moving her banner over to Hogan's table and sat with them. I hope that helped her sales and enjoyment of the con.

You hit the nail on the head with the United Nations thing. EJO went on and on about how BSG changed the world and made the United Nations think about "human kind" instead of "human races." He gave himself a LOT of credit for that. He also talked about how great Miami Vice was and that BSG is the peak of his career. He also said to all the other BSG actors that it was their peak too... and it was unfortunate it happened at the start of their careers and not the end like him. blink.gif

I don't know if what he said about BSG being the peak for people is true, but I know it has opened a lot of doors for folks like Nicki. Honestly, I don't even know if she wants to be an actress that bad. I can imagine her just as happy (or happier) owning an art gallery in New York and hanging out with "deep" people all day.

Who knows... I like them all as actors and want them all to be happy and successful.

thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Cally-B-Good on Aug 24 2009, 08:31 AM

--------------------
Pedda
Posted: Aug 25 2009, 08:09 PM

Admin der Maiskuchen

Member No.: 63

QUOTE (Cally-B-Good @ Aug 24 2009, 02:21 PM)
Originally Luciana's autograph booth was set up away from Hogan and Olmos... VERY far away. She wound up moving her banner over to Hogan's table and sat with them.

Aww man, why didn't they think of that? rolleyes.gif Having all Galacticans makes so much so sense. Thank god Luciana has become so experienced that she doesn't hesitate to take matters in her own hands.

You hit the nail on the head with the United Nations thing. EJO went on and on about how BSG changed the world and made the United Nations think about "human kind" instead of "human races." He gave himself a LOT of credit for that.

Well, I don't know if you followed the Eddie/UN discussions on Skiffy or LJ over the past weeks, but many people were very critical of his comments. First, it wasn't the UN that invited BSG. It was a promo thing cooked up by the UN and booked by NBC Universal to coincide with the last episodes. And BSG wasn't even the first show. Second, as someone who once had the privilege of sitting in the General Assembly, too, I was shocked by the way Eddie treated the officials, and that he later claimed the UN was never able to talk about those issues before BSG came along. So insulting. Needless to say, his claim that he or BSG changed the UN charta and the course of the planet, are beyond ridiculous. rolleyes.gif

I don't know if what he said about BSG being the peak for people is true, but I know it has opened a lot of doors for folks like Nicki. Honestly, I don't even know if she wants to be an actress that bad. I can imagine her just as happy (or happier) owning an art gallery in New York and hanging out with "deep" people all day.

Hmm, this is the one thing where I feel like "defending" Eddie. When I interviewed Hogan at FedCon this year, he basically made the same point: For the cast and everyone else involved, BSG was a project of almost unrivaled cameradie, creativity and quality. Hogan was very, very happy that, even this late in his career, such a very special project came along.

However, he was a little concerned that some of the younger actors might be in for some frustrating years because BSG set the bar so high, so early in their careers. In fact, as we all know, despite the prestige of having BSG on one's resume, many BSG regulars are hardly employed, let alone on projects whose quality is any way comparable to BSG.

But of course you're right in pointing out that not every BSG veteran is necessarily hell-bent on working as an actor till the end of their days. If Nicki finds inpiration, purpose and satisfaction somewhere else, that's cool.

---

By the way, do you remember what Luciana talked about at the panel?

--------------------
"What, you didn't know?"

Luciana Carro Fans
Solium
Posted: Sep 1 2009, 08:50 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I don't even know if she wants to be an actress that bad. I can imagine her just as happy (or happier) owning an art gallery in New York and hanging out with "deep" people all day.

Hi Cally-B-Good. I think you read Nicki very well. While BSG was a very high point in Nicki's proffesional career, I believe she has other "interests" that she is far more passionate about at this point in her life.

Regarding EJO, unbashful self promotion appears to be the secret to success in that business.
Why is Paris Hilton a household name? Unbashful self promotion!

--------------------
user posted image
Lex
Posted: Sep 2 2009, 04:57 PM

German Ambassador

Member No.: 59

QUOTE (Solium @ Sep 1 2009, 08:50 PM)
Why is Paris Hilton a household name?

I'm still waiting for that EJO sex tape. Well no, I don't wacko.gif

But it is true, when EJO is in a group panel, he's the one talking. I visited his very first convention appearance at London Expo. He had a panel with Rekha, AJ and Aaron, but those three didn't say much in that hour. That's not really his fault, because most of the questions were for him anyway.

--------------------
"You know, in Germany, they like saunas and baths and they don't generally wear clothes"
Solium
Posted: Sep 2 2009, 06:06 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I'm still waiting for that EJO sex tape. Well no, I don't

You see now that you say it, its gonna come true! tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1872 seconds | Archive

Affiliate Links

Nicki Clyne's Official Blog

Luciana Carro Fan Board   Leah Cairns Official Web Site   Hangar Deck 5   Nicki Clyne Fan Art Site   Ragnar Anchorage

Katee Sackhoff Forum   Caprica City Galactica.tv   Galactica Station Blog