Skin created by Red of IFSkinZone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Nialldubh. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

 Civilization; Ancient and Wicked: (OOC2):, "Have you ever seen this before!?!"
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 12:25 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Here we continue our Adventure:

Chapter IV: onwards!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 11:20 AM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Soong rolled 11 +0 =11 for Heal roll, no luck in healing Cero, but bleeding is halted. Cero looks a bit of a mess. His leather is covered in blood.

Soong is also badly damaged, but he just not suffered as much as Cero!

Cero: 41, 32 (Stygian Arrow), 26 (AoO Zamorian Broadsword), 20 (Arrow form NE Stygian Guard), 10 (Crit Arrow), Error Mis-chance saves him, 20hp again, 9 (lone Stygian sword).
Bal: 7, -1 (arrow), -2 (bleeding), rest unknown event!!!
Soong: 23, 17, 7.
Vanku: 32, 30, 26.
Olivia: 42, 31 (Styg3 sword).

Just like to shown:

This is what happened in Serpents Caravan. I obviously had to redo, but it worth a look, as Cero was it victim and if he was hurt by snake, the guards would have truly downed him in Alleys!

HP:
Cero: 41, 30, 21,

Snake rolls: 12 +13 =25, this is a hit vs Cero Dodge of 17. It does 16 damage total -5DR from Cero's armour: = 11 damage to Cero.

Improved Grab: Snake rolls 4 +23 =27 yuck; Cero rolls Nat 20 wow +4 =24, there was never any hope, Cero in noticing quickly how the snake is rapping around his body and crushing his tightly; and extra 14 -5DR =9 Damage. Cero not feel very well.

ERROR, will give 20% miss chance as it dark, rolled 15% for Cero.


Thought it might be amusing to see how snake was dangerous, but the darkness defeated him, so good show!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 08:42 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Zero, in you next statement you can have Cero and his small group enter the tavern with no sign of pursuit following!

As noted, Olivia is there, Buryal and the four from the distraction team, so most made it back except Bal!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 10:22 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Zero, are you about ?

We are waiting for you?

General statements:

* Want to progress in the two games I GM, especially the one in Mongoose site as I regard it as my main game!

* Difficultly with Mongoose site is we stuck in tunnel, not much chance of encountering other Adventurers there, so not want to start asking folks to join us.

* Other problem is, are there going to be folks joining us?, guess we just need to wait for the odd one or two folks and we stable again!

Again I enjoying GMing my two games and may one day start another. I pull slightly toward Pirates, western more so, ie Zingaran or Argossean, but it more a thought at present.

See you back in the dark tunnels of horror later! smile.gif
Top
kintire
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 07:36 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



has zero vanished? we could carry on a bit until he comes back
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 01:24 AM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



I a bit confused in truth, he not been here in this forum since the 12th, but I notice in Mongoose he was there on the 23rd. I left an obvious message for him in Mongoose. We can see if he responds soon, if not we continue. I will have to play Cero as NPC and Sha Wujing in other game!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:21 AM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Okay that is it, we have waited and he has shown no sign of return.

Guess he gone!!!

Will move on as Cero as NPC.

Could you try posting in Mongoose Kintire when you can, just some Role-play. I try move on that game as soon as can focus my mind on it!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:39 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Gee that was a bit of a chore, I got 8 Characters to play and that was including Buryal.

One plan could be to remove Cero, this would also remove 3 other NPCs and reduce Player to 1 (ie Olivia) and 3 Strong NPCs (Vanku, Likka and Soong). Then I create another 5th level to replace Cero.

So five Strongish NPC and Olivia, remember 2 of Cero's Crew are 1st lvl and one is 3rd!?!

A good reason for Cero leaving is the curse, it will last a year and supply his the -4 in Attack, Saves, Skills and Ability rolls. A powerful reason for him to withdraw from the deal to enter the Tower with Olivia!
Top
kintire
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:18 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



I suggest that Cero heads off to try to bribe a Zamorian priest into removing the curse. If zero returns, then he succeeds and follows the group, catching up wherever we are when he gets back, if not he is delayed and we don't see him for a while!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:21 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Hmmm, I confused I must admit at Zero absence.

Still removal of curse would be their 1st thoughts, that is Cero and his crew. It is late and the Temple district (Which the Tower is in) does not function during the dark hours!

Cero has no money and the chances of finding a buyer in Arenjun from Green lotus will be very small and the price of removing a Greater Ill-fortune will be very high!
Top
kintire
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 09:15 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



he might be able to trade the lotus for it directly
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:22 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



I not keen for such stuff to be easily gotten rid of, even in the rules it state it should be difficult to find the right buyer or as this traded.

Still, it is the Temple district of Arenjun, but again there is many temples and the business itself could take time and Cero's Skills are also reduced by -4 for and trading.

Olivia could also talk to some of her Thief friends for contacts in selling stuff?

* Notes *

Healing:

Short-Term Care:

Olivia: can get 7pts back once healed, she now 38hp.
Cero: gets 7pts also; he now 16hp.
Vanku Heals to full health of 32hp.
Soong: Heals 5pts to 12, from total of 23hp.

I do Full-term Care later!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 10:11 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



I playing Vanku in-character, for he was prepared to enter alone before meting group.

Vanku believes he can do it alone and I as GM would say it possible, but risky and only he of great faith will pass through the eyes of the dragon and live!

But obviously I stated in pm to you before (and if not) scenario is for 4-6 6th lvl Characters to play and even though they may have designed the tower around Conan at 3rd lvl, being his stats are for a Superhero, he never enter many rooms in tower. If scenario is played right, to allow full gameplay and enjoyment in this place, I would suggest a goody team of bravoes.
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:46 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



A bit quick for me, I had a few posts, but no problem.

I started new Chapter and we enter this Chapter with the three thieves making their way to the Elephant Tower Gardens.

Olivia's Spot roll 5 +3 =8 fails to see broken glass, drops onto it takes 1pts of damage.

Must make DC 10 Will St of cry out in pain.

Rolls 13 +0 =13, successful....

No guards seem to be in sight or heard he glass break underfoot.

But she hears talk from 80ft away, coming her way!!!

The talk is in Zamoran about drink, Women and favourite taverns, it not sounding suspicious or threatened.
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:37 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Oh yeah Kintire if you look in map thread and the Garden map, tell me which area you climb over wall at, ie North, North-east, etc....


Olivia HP: 42, 38, 37 broken glass.
Top
kintire
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 06:18 AM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



My plan is to climb over pretty much on the opposite side to the official entrance, so top of map.
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 05:24 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Okay, North it is smile.gif

Just read your in-game post.

I had typed this into in-game yesterday.

The ground slopes uphill slightly towards the Inner Garden. Along that wall are a few clumps of Sculpted bushes, the only means of concealment available anywhere in the Outer Garden, aside from the four fountains.

You might have not had enough time to read all my stuff this morning, but the only cover in Outer Garden is behind bushes and fountains, she nowhere near a fountain, but she does have enough time to rush over to bushes (though with -5 Move Silently).

I wait for reply smile.gif
Top
kintire
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 06:56 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



depending on how dark it is I might be better just getting out of their torchlight, lying down and staying very still...

If it isn't dark enough for that to work, make for a bush!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:51 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Naw even with no moon, the torchlight would reach you, but see what you mean.

Olivia is at bush.

Hide roll (not good) 4 +12 -4 shield (I not included any bonus for bush as it just allows her to hide) = 12 total.


Guard1: rolls 6 +0 =6.
Guard2: rolls 3 +0 =3.

Not including any negative for distance and both have not got a clue Olivia is there, they both pass by oblivious to her presence.
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 01:10 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Well big problem in Little Zamora!!!

Shou-ji:

These plants cover the Inner-wall and have 15ft reach and 15ft size/space.

So no matter where Olivia climbs it seems she is having to deal with three of them!

They not intelligent plants so respond to movement and Olivia is the target!

Olivia is surprised, did Spot roll, everyone failed! The plant has waited till it is climbed, not a tactic as such, just that gripping it has caused it to react. She has slung her shield and her sword is sheathed.

Surprise Round:

Shou-ji1: rolls 13 +6 =19, Olivia Flat-Footed, so this is hit. She takes 4pts of damage from crushing, vines are poisonousness. DC 15; she rolls 11 +5 =16 saves but remember there is a secondary effect later!

Shou-ji2: rolls 18 +6 =24, hit, 5 damage, Poison: She rolls 4 +5 =9 fail, 1 pt of Str!

Shou-ji3: rolls 4 +6, She FF, so this hits; 7 Damage, bad round for Olivia; poison: rolls 4 again, will fail, another pt lost.

They Also grapple with Improved Grapple:

1st rolls 15 +12 =27 vs Olivia who rolls 3 +9 =12, she fails. 1 attached.
2nd rolled 18 +12 =30 vs Olivia Nat 1 +9 =10, fail, 2 Attached!!!
3rd rolls 9 +12 =21 vs Olivia's 4 +8 (she weakening) =12, ???

End of Surprise Round and Olivia is entangled with three Shou-ji plants and she looks like this!!!

Olivia: 42, 38, 37 (broken glass), 33 (Shou-ji1), 28 (Shou-ji2), 21 (Shou-ji3).
Str: 18, 17, 16.

Played this game a few times and Players do get into problems here, but for the record do survive! Good Luck!

I roll Initiative in next post!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 02:05 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Initiative:

Vanku: 9 +12 =21.
Shou-ji: 9 +11 =20.
Likka: 14 +5 =19.
Olivia: 12 +4 =16.

Round 1:

Vanku: goes first and draws his shortsword and hacks at Shou-ji1: rolls 19 +7 =26, obvious hit, it not have the greatest Def, but good enough (not tell yet), 5 damage -1DR =4 to Shou-ji1.

Shou-ji: Plants just keep on attacking till victim dies, slowly draining it's strength till they cannot fight back.

Shou-ji1: rolls 17 +12 =29 vs Olivia 2 +8 =10, damage 4; Poison: 15 +5 =20 success.
Shou-ji2: rolls 6 +12 =18 vs Olivia's 17 +8 =25, Olivia wins.
Shou-ji3: rolls 9 +12 =21 vs Olivia Nat 1 +8 =9. Damage 8, poison: total 13 fail, she loses 1 more pt of Str.

Likka: Attacks: Shou-ji1: rolls 6 +5 =11, this is hit a Plant cannot dodge, does another Attack 15 +5 =20, hit 5 -1 DR =4, 6 -1DR =5, 9 damage in total.
It still looking like it can take a fe hits before going down!


Sad to tell, but at this moment Olivia is in bad way.

Olivia: 42, 38, 37 (broken glass), 33 (Shou-ji1), 28 (Shou-ji2), 21 (Shou-ji3), 17 (Shou-ji1:), 9 (Shou-ji3).
Str: 18, 17, 16, 15.
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 03:18 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Hi Kintire

Notice just now in other site that someone is looking for Conan Players!

Note: Remove link as it now goes to a D&D 3.5 game.

I going out at moment, but have 100% belief I planning on joining, thought you might be interested, have a look smile.gif

Cya later smile.gif
Top
kintire
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:55 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



Olivia will focus on breaking free and getting clear of the plants
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:11 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



As Olivia is caught in three plants she can only break free of one at a time, plus in next round it will attempt to attach itself?

Wondering if you want to change statement?

Good luck!!!
Top
kintire
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 11:11 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



what else can I do? I can't attack while grappled, can I?

At this point, my real plan is "be left for dead" anyway
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 01:55 AM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Olivia can do and Unarmed Strike at -4 to attack (no AoO as it using it's limb to grapple), the plant can still dodge what it is grappling. But if she can damage Shou-ji1, Vanku might be able to destroy it, next round.

The other two thieves, will then put most of their effort into destroying other plants, then drag Olivia back over Outer-wall and flee into Arenjun to regroup and plan for other night assault on tower!
Top
kintire
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 08:00 AM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



That sounds good. Unarmed attack on the wounded one, then get carried away, going for Left For Dead if necessary. Which unless they drop me and turn to the active targets when I pass out, and I stabilise, it will be!

By the way I am away over Easter so I will probably not be posting again until Monday night. Happy Easter!
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:59 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Okay, Have a good holiday smile.gif

Olivia tries to attack Shou-ji1: rolls Nat 1 sad.gif do you want to roll FP to re-roll ?
Top
kintire
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 06:33 PM


Arch-Magi/Hero-King


Group: Members
Posts: 1,783
Member No.: 13
Joined: 22-July 11



Back again!

No. Olivia's position has been completely hopeless since the fight began, and no amount of successful rolling can possibly retrieve the situation. Roll on until she dies, then spend the FP to be left for dead.
Top
Nialldubh
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 07:29 PM


Administrator


Group: Admin
Posts: 3,901
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-April 11



Okay, good plan smile.gif

Been doing some work with this game. hopefully on return trip into Tower it will be more organised.

Got a few extra helpers and this time I created them as 6th lvl professional thieves, no riff-raff! smile.gif
Top
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »



Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7931 seconds | Archive