Red Alert created by SyringeX of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to People With Narcolepsy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[ADD REPLY][NEW TOPIC][NEW POLL]

Pregnancy, Advice for dealing with N & C
SleepyB
Posted: Oct 31 2007, 07:39 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 148

I'd like to have a baby. I'm being weened off of my meds. This is not easy at all. Does anyone have any advice for dealing with this. Any natural energy boosters? Any advice for dealing with cataplexy off meds? What has pregnancy been like for anyone else? Any advice or responses will be appreciated.

smile.gif
^
elleg
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 05:43 PM

Member No.: 361

Hi, I don't know how much help this will be for you, I had both of my babies while on a low dose of Dexedrine. Prior to becoming pregnant each time I was taking a 15mg spansule + 30 mgs of tablets throughout the day (2tabs/3 Xday), totalling 45 mgs and then when I got pregnant, I took it down to just the 15 mg spansule (slow release) and then an occasional 5mg tablet when I was desperate. I went off the meds completely to breastfeed - lasted 5 months with the first one because I could sleep whenever he did, but then only lasted 6 weeks with the 2nd because that's how long I had help with me. Anyway, both kids (4 and 6 yrs. now) are totally fine and thriving. I know you worry so much about drugs affecting the babies and all, so, for what it's worth, I don't know what meds you're on(?) but I thought I'd let you know about that. Otherwise, I just ate/eat really healthy foods and exercise regularly - always have and did throughout preganancies and post-pregnancy periods. Lot's of fruits of veggies!
^
Ontario14
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:29 PM

Member No.: 535

I also took Dexedrine while pregnant with my two kids. I took 2 dexedrine sp 10 mg pills a day (spaced about 4 hrs apart). I bottlefed both because I was afraid of passing the drug through the breastmilk. I was advised against breast feeding while taking the drug, when I had my first child. About 2 weeks after having my 2nd child I was told that breastfeeding while taking the drug would be safe because such a small amount would be passed. My kids (girl and boy) are 5 and 2 now. They are happy, healthy, very intelligent and energetic kids. They don't appear to have been negatively effected by me taking the drug during pregnancy. The only thing is that they seem to need less sleep than other kids their age (even as babies they were like this). Totally draining for me!
I have narcolepsy without cataplexy. I've been taking meds for narcolepsy for 22 years now.

This post has been edited by Ontario14 on Feb 25 2012, 08:40 PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

[Topic Options] [ADD REPLY][NEW TOPIC][NEW POLL]

Rank Color Legend
|Admin| |Moderator| |Respected Advisor| |Member|

Please note that this website is only intended to give non-expert advice. Consult your doctor before changing, beginning, or stopping any treatment plan(s). We are not to be held responsible for any invalid information presented on this website. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me at toph4er@teamidesign.com

ŠPeople With Narcolepsy 2006-2008 All rights reserved.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2985 seconds | Archive