skin designed by SCG

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to ND Network. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use until you are registered as a member.

Membership requires approval. Please provide a valid email address and a short paragraph about yourself and why you'd like to join. Blank applications will not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

buck off feed?
bedard'sbunnybungalow
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 08:35 PM

Unregistered

I got a buck from greensborro two weeks ago and he has hardly touched his feed. I'm using the same feed he was use to. He does eat hay and his poop is small and a light color...more tan than black. Any ideas? This is his first move to a new home. Thanks n advance
DiamondDwarfsRabbitry
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 09:07 PM

Sr

Group: Members
Member No.: 157

When I had a buck go off feed I got him back on feed by doing 3cc of Mineral Oil 3 times daily for 2-3 days and only hay for a few days then slowly wean back onto the pellets over a week while free feeding hay. If his poop is small their could be some blockage, can't remember if Mineral Oil breaks up blockage but I know Pineapple Juice does. If you try Mineral Oil, hold them on their back and syringe it slowly down their throat being careful not to get any up their nose, the vet told me it can cause pneumonia if it gets into the lungs.
DiamondDwarfsRabbitry
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 09:09 PM

Sr

Member No.: 157

Or if you have Nutri-drops heard they work well for getting rabbits back on feed.
Happy-Tales-Rabbitry
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 08:18 AM

Kit

Member No.: 228

Nutri-Drops have worked well for me! And most of the buns eat it like candy!
SCG
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 08:48 AM

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Try a bit of something fresh. Dandelion or raspberry leaves, or fresh clean grass might stimulate the appetite.
bedard'sbunnybungalow
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 08:16 PM

Unregistered

Thanks for all the advice. I gave him castor oil...a lot of it...and seen a few normal size pieces of poop...still crossing my fingers though
christineherbert
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 08:18 PM

Unregistered

I have had luck feeding my rabbits Cheerio's when they have gone off feed.
My Sable Pt buck went off feed for about a week after our Indiana State RBA
cooped weekend show. I started feeding him Cheerio's and within a few days
he was chowing down on his pellets.

Christine Herbert
Herbert's Rabbitry
Greensburg, IN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Health, Genetics, Feed | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0757 seconds | Archive