InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Hello and welcome to MVBRUMBYBRAT.CO.UK. We are forum dedicated to the Subaru pickup that was sold around the world as the MV, BRUMBY or BRAT .If you own or are just interested in these great little trucks then this is the place for you ! IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS AS A "GUEST" YOU WILL NOT SEE ALL WE HAVE TO OFFER But we hope you will like what you see and will consider joining us...
If you are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Is this a crime?
JRcornforth
Posted: May 26 2012, 06:18 PM

L

Group: Members
Member No.: 124

Bungle
Posted: May 26 2012, 10:09 PM

L

Member No.: 138

Nope, or at least I hope not... :unsure:
boggy2hammers
Posted: May 26 2012, 11:14 PM

GL

Member No.: 33

only if he hits the chrome trim with that bucket and then its a death sentence :D :D
JRcornforth
Posted: May 27 2012, 10:16 AM

L

Watching the suspension going from fine to bottoming out as half a tonne of top soil landed in the back at once from a height made me gasp ...

THe loaders were good, keeping well clear of trim and windows. The first chap after placing half a tonne in wasn't keen n the idea of adding another half bucket ....

I have the larger tyres which allows me to go up to 750kg ... and after all that welding I am confident the sills can take it ...
Scoobydo
Posted: May 27 2012, 12:33 PM

GLF

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

Er it's not the tyres that will allow you the extra load capacity !!!
4xstuds and suspension limit the the load capacity. The tyres are then matched to that !
Most likely a 2-1 safety ratio applied = you will get away with it mechanically,
But with plod - that would be another matter !
So yes it's a CRIME !!!!!- send him down !!!!
TechnicianJack
Posted: May 28 2012, 06:16 PM

GLF

Member No.: 42

Yep, that's a crime! Overloaded vehicle. Don't let the police catch you! Also, would it not be wise to purchase a load liner? Keeps the bed from getting scratched and dirty.
JRcornforth
Posted: May 28 2012, 07:31 PM

L

okay mis-read the manual ... oops. Still drove okay but understand the stresses on the drive train.

I had some ply on the bottom, so not too much damage to the truck
Brat-Man
Posted: May 28 2012, 08:08 PM

Brat-Man

Member No.: 17

Ahh don't worry these little trucks can take a ton & a half in the back...........well mine's had that weight in the back with no problems! :o
Tim...
Scoobydo
Posted: May 28 2012, 11:13 PM

GLF

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Brat-Man @ May 28 2012, 08:08 PM)
Ahh don't worry these little trucks can take a ton & a half in the back...........well mine's had that weight in the back with no problems! :o
Tim...

Bang to rights Tim !
Send Bratman down !
1.5 tonnes in the back is akin to Murder lol :rolleyes:
81MV
Posted: May 29 2012, 07:00 AM

L

Member No.: 31

My truck got to do some hard work on Friday, collecting another load of mainly Gen 1 / some Gen 2 parts from 30 miles away.

Loaded with bumpers, nudge bars, some panels & lights etc. he had a fair bit of weight inside but I didn't for once think he was overloaded.

About 10 miles from home the rear end started making a banging noise, which I assumed was just stuff moving around against the topper...

Next morning I set off with the intention of stuffing it all in my rented garage near Oxford Airport. Driving down the lane near home the banging started again, so I pulled over and had a look around - the offside rear shocker had sheared through!

Usefully, there was a genuine Sub replacement amongst the parts I'd collected...

I think this had more to do his old age and the shock of doing a hard day's work (I reckon he thinks he's retired!) but be careful out there! :blink:
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Chat | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1146 seconds | Archive