InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Memoir. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

This site is not accepting new members, or applications! It is merely up for the sole purpose of old members to gather their information so they may join the new Memoir located here; http://z13.invisionfree.com/After_the_night/index.php?act=idx

The c-box has been removed from Memoir. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CURRENT MOON

Note - characters that have not been accepted or are listed as inactive are not included in this census.

Race Total
Mortal 1 2 3
Mytho 1 3 4
Revenant 1 3 4
Supernal 0 1 1
Walker 2 4 6

Total = 18

- - Official affiliates - -
SherwoodSecrets Affiliates Violet Hour THIS IS MY HELL Para Bellum Tramenier - An advanced wolf/equine RPG PLAGUED TUC * BROKEN , VERSION THREE NIGHTMARE. Aeterna Roma SixthStation As I Lay Dying Photobucket Bloodlines

- - Waiting - -
SORDID SECRETS Forever Charmed THESE VIOLENT DELIGHTS Circus of the Damned Eternal Night

- - Listed at - -
Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites Notched Sightings

- - Our rating - -

[NEW REPLY] [NEW TOPIC]

Once upon a December, Harper
Calanta Artiso
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:25 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

Group: Mytho Phoenix
Member No.: 7

She stands within the only car dealership within Memoir's city limits. The front tip of her right ebony boot taps impatiently as she glances around at all the brand new Chevrolet vehicles. Left finger tips gently rubbed the smooth contour of her petite chin as she studies them, unsure of which car is 'child friendly'. Sensing her distress a nice sales woman bounds over to her, smiling brightly at the exotic phoenix. "Afternoon there miss! How can I help you?" The stranger spoke in a peppy voice, one that simply grated on the nerves of the Mytho. Hazel and honey pools lift to fall onto the features of the perky woman. "Ermmm yea. I have a child now, and I was wondering which vehicle would be the most...child appropriate one." Calanta spoke lightly, a bit ashamed that she didn't know what to look for in a car for child safety and fun. "OH! That is so simple! The Chevy Trailblazer is one of the highest ranked SUV's among safety. There is plenty of seating for your spouse, your child, family and friends, and yourself. The trunk is large, making family outings much more enjoyable. Now if you look at the ceiling of the car there is a center piece that a small television pops down, complete with built in DVD and audio jack." The woman explains, and it seems never ending. Approaching the silver 2011 Chevy Trailblazer, she runs her fingertips over the cold metal. "I'll take it." The lawyer speaks firmly, giving a small nod.

After signing a few documents, and paying up front for the entirety of the vehicle, the phoenix climbs in and starts the engine. It purrs silently to life and she gives a happy sigh before starting off toward the teacher's house. Calanta didn't want to overwhelm her adopted daughter by placing her in a private or public school. She knows Harper is such a fragile being, and has delicate emotions. So she paid for a home school teacher to school the young psychic child. The teacher is a psychic as well, and the lawyer hopes that she can give Harper some pointers on how to control her powers, though the phoenix would be teaching her daughter the majority of how to keep them in check. As a phoenix she too had to keep control of her powers, which she finds is emotion based. The stronger the emotion, the harder it is for her to hold onto that calm steely composure.

Pulling into the driveway she draws in a steady breath. Calanta has yet to tell Harper about her mate, and that they will be living in a large estate with a nine hundred and fourteen year old vampire who is a cardiovascular surgeon. Before the moving happened though, the trio would have to spend some quality time together to adjust to the new living arrangements. Slipping from the ebony leather seat, heels click against the pavement as she shuts the car door and approaches the small cottage like house. Yet before she has the chance to knock, the wooden door opens and a auburn haired woman with hazel eyes smiles at her. "Come on in Calanta." The teacher chirps wiping her hands on a towel. "Harper is in the living room." Cal nearly jumps out of her skin when the door was suddenly opened. "Nikki I cannot stand it when you do that to me!" Cal scowled walking into the foyer. The woman's haunting laughter calls out. "I'm sorry it's just a habit." Shrugging it off, the phoenix walks into the living room and smiles at her adopted child. "Hey there chickadee." Cal greets Harper with a warm and inviting smile.

""

This post has been edited by Calanta Artiso on Apr 2 2012, 08:30 PM

--------------------
Sylvain Artiso
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 03:39 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

Group: Supernal Psychic
Member No.: 40

Since the adoption, things have been quiet. The unstable psychic had been pampered, given her own room and not because she was a danger to the other children. Able to decorate it to her own whim and it resulted in a plethora of colors, just because she liked how something looked in that color. She had clothes, any she could ever ask for from something girly to something that was just plain boyish. But yet, things were quiet despite being a spoiled girl. Her new mother worked often, very often and the girl was not oblivious to the fact that she was out with another person. Another from the vampire that was suppose to be her other mother, the one she never met. And the girl was bitter. Someone was taking up her mother's time and it wasn't her. Rarely was her.

In the living room, she would be sitting at the coffee table with an almost finished glass of milk and a brownie that the woman who was her teacher had given her. As it was at the end of every class session, a snack to keep the kid occupied before her mother came to pick her up. Not that she complained, there was never a reason to complain when you got sweets, right? The girl would turn when the phoenix entered the room, knowing she was there. The sense in auras was becoming easier for her, when before it was just a mixture of different things and Calanta Artiso had a very, very bright aura. Red and orange mixed in with subtle pinks and yellows. She would stuff the last of the brownie in her mouth and gulp down the last bit of milk before setting it on the table and hopping to her feet. Time to go home and see if she could get away with running around in the woods again. It was quiet there, from all the voices. Every single one of them and it wasn't like she would say that was why she liked going out there, there were many reasons. "Hi Calanta." The fluctuation between what she called her adoptive mother would shift. Casually, it was usually by her first name. When they had their moments, she was mother.

Harper would pick up her bookbag, heavy with her new assignments, and shoulder it. Today the girl was dressed in what she deemed comfortable. A black t-shirt and her jean overalls. Her short, curly hair was an absolute mess on the top of her head but she never did care. Appearances meant nothing for her for so long, even now it didn't seem to matter. A flash of a smile before she would walk up to her mother and give her a small hug before moving to the foyer and smiling brightly up at her tutor. "Thank you for the lesson and showing me that trick."" She would then hop outside, ready to just leave. She did enjoy her tutor's home. It was quiet, it was safe and the woman truly understood her predicament. There was no animosity, there was only understanding and it was what made her so comfortable there. However, stepping outside she would look to the new SUV, her brows furrowing in confusion as she stared at it. When her mother would follow she would let out a small huff. "Where's the car?"

Calanta Artiso
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:42 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

Calanta did work a lot, but it wasn't because she wanted to or wanted to escape the responsibilities of being a mother. No she worked because she has to. Since adopting Sylvain, the phoenix picked up more hours and cases at work, wanting to be able to provide a cushy life style for her chickadee. Sure she had accumulated a vast amount of money over her three hundred years of life, but that money could only last for so long before it was depleted completely. So working so hard replenished any money spent. She needed to do this for Harper, to show her daughter that you have to work hard for what you get in life, that she wants to be the mother to the psychic child. Shahara had left them, seemingly abandoning them entirely without ever meeting Harper. Inwardly Calanta had been dying emotionally from the loss of Shay, but she kept a calm and warm composure around Harper. Cal was no fool, and knew that her daughter could probably sense her distress. The phoenix remained strong though, having to be Syl's pillar of strength as all mothers should be. Motherhood was so new to her, but she knew when her adoptive parents were around they never showed depression, or anguish. It was warmth, smiles, and laughter. She would show the same to her daughter.

Bending her back slightly, her arms wrap so gently around the fragile child, holding her in an embrace. Her right hand aims to tenderly pat and rub her back before Sylvain pulls away to move into the foyer. Following her, the phoenix looms only inches behind the young child. "No problem little bit! I enjoy our time together." Nikki reassures smiling brightly at them both. "Have a safe trip home!" The tutor waves to the duo as they exit the house. "Have a good night Nikki." Cal calls back as she stops only an inch from Harper's back. Angling her cranium downward, those blazing honey chestnut orbs regarded her child with curiosity. "That is our car." She answers smoothly. "The Corvette is at home in the garage. This is the family car. People say it is more 'practical' for children to be in due to its safety ratings, and having a back seat. Which I am told that is where you legally have to sit until you're a certain height." Shoving her hands into her pockets, she shuffles over to the back door behind the driver's seat, opening it for Harper. "Personally I don't like it either, and I dislike not having my chickadee in the front seat with me to make fun of other drivers, and their lack of common sense. What happens if we get into an accident though? The airbag could kill you, or God forbid someone hit your side, or the front was totaled and you got seriously hurt or died. I would never be able to forgive myself." She murmurs the last bit as she leans against the car, giving such a gentle gaze to her daughter one that spoke of how much she does care for her daughter.

"Come chickadee, I have some fun planed for us tonight." Lightly she pats the leather seat, waiting to see if Harper would slide in. If she did, Calanta would shut the door before getting into her own seat. Turning around she pulls out the mini television from the ceiling of the car, turning it to the Disney channel. A rerun of an old show 'That's so Raven' is on, and at the very start of the episode. "Buckle up." Smiling still she turns around in her leather seat, fingers turning the key inside the ignition. Sparks ignite within the engine, starting the SUV. Slowly she pulls out of the driveway and starts down the road. "So kiddo where do you want to eat for dinner? You can pick anything you want."

""

--------------------
Sylvain Artiso
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:00 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

The girl can't help but laugh a little. Danger? That would actually make something more exciting. "But I'm a psychic Momma. I can make the other cars blow away if I want to. Or make ours fly." She would follow her to the large vehicle and climb into the back seat without much of a fuss. There was no use arguing half the time, something she had learned over time. Settling into the leather seat before she buckles the seat belt and making sure it was done right. She would drop her bag into the seat next to her and lean back. At least it was comfortable. Her eyes following the little tv. "That's cool." Harper would giggle lightly as the music starts to the episode.

"What about Chinese? We haven't gone and gotten Chinese in awhile and what do you have planned Momma?" The words coming so easily from her lips. Things were still strange in this relationship they had. Though Calanta was meant to be guidance and that firm hand, she had found a friend in the woman who took her in despite them butting heads on occasion. It was how it was meant to be. But with how old she was when she was adopted, it was to be expected particularly since it happened so soon after the riots. She kicks her feet lightly, waiting for her mother's response. Sometimes, it wasn't fun to always read the mind's of others. There were no surprises there.

Calanta Artiso
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 11:08 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

Cal smiles tenderly back at her daughter. "True, but you are still so young Harper. As you grow your powers will become stronger, and you will be able to use them in so many ways." She reassures her, offering that warm comforting smile. "I just don't want to risk that happening and you not being able to do that dear. Nikki still has yet to teach you about protecting your power outward in that fashion." Calanta adds. Sylvain is so precious to her she doesn't want to put her in any danger, or that situation. Hearing the light giggles of her daughter, and the child's statement, brings brief happiness to her. In a sense Sylvain is her daughter, her little chickadee. She is responsible for the rearing of the Supernal young girl, she is the only mother figure the child has in her life. "I thought that the television was a nice touch." She giggles a little herself.

Lush folds purse together as a 'mmmm' sound echoes within the confines of that tender throat as she entertains herself with the thoughts of Chinese food. It indeed has been a long time since they two last had it. The local Chinese buffet has the best muscles(the seafood) smothered in spices, vegetables, cheese, and cream cheese. "Sounds like a plan chickadee." Cal chirps happily as they venture down the winding and curvy roads with care, obeying the speed limit. She never drove fast with Harper in the car. It was to be a good role model, and Sylvain was easier to kill or harm than the phoenix. Though Harper's question causes her to raise one slender brow, cocking it over the right amber chestnut pool. "Chickadee it is a surprise." Lithe digits tap on the leather cover of the steering wheel. "Please don't try to dig it out of my mind either please. I want this to be a night you enjoy dear. It is not a surprise if you read my mind." Calanta hopes that Harper won't force herself into her cranium to read tonight's plans.

""

This post has been edited by Calanta Artiso on Apr 7 2012, 11:24 AM

--------------------
Sylvain Artiso
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 08:07 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

For the energetic girl, car rides were unbearable unless there was something to do. Usually it was singing to music loudly even if she didn't know the words or counting the different color cars. Her eyes not interested in the rerun on the television but more on the woman who she called her mother. "I'm trying but sometimes it is hard when people think about things too much. Miss Nikki says that it is because projected thoughts are easy to pick up on. She's says I'm a magnet to thoughts and that's why the never got quiet." Still, Harper tried to understand her abilities and each day she learned something new but with control, it was difficult having to start so late and with how advanced she already seemed to be. Moving things were getting easier and she was working on not letting the house rattle when she got upset but the emotional control she needed was difficult. Difficult for a girl who was just full of different emotions. She would wiggle in her seat and sway a little to an unknown tune in her head. More than likely something she had picked up at one point but couldn't remember. "Miss Nikki says that some psychics can predict the future. I wonder if I can do that. That would be pretty neat but I guess boring if you already know what's gonna happen later."

Calanta Artiso
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 08:58 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

Car rides seemed always difficult for young children to deal with. Just like it was so hard for the phoenix to remain cooped up in her human bonds for an extended length of time. Light caramel flesh would begin to itch, and she would get so restless. So she knew how hard it was for Harper to sit still in the back seat. As they stopped at a red light, Calanta leans back, turning the television off, and pushing it back into the ceiling since Syl was uninterested in it now. "I hope for your sake chickadee that she is able to find a way for you to drown out everyone's thoughts. Silence can be a good thing. It helps one stay sane, I cannot imagine how rough it is for you to walk around all day and try to sleep at night when hearing everyone's thoughts." Her voice is low and soft, those hazel honey pearls lifting to watch the stop light, waiting for it to turn green so they could continue their journey. "I'm sorry." Was all she could say, could do really. Calanta is a phoenix, not a psychic. How could she help or teach her how to just tune everything out? Legally, financially, emotionally, and physically she could help her daughter out. Yet when it comes to her powers, she couldn't, and she truly felt helpless.
   The light soon turns a bright shade of green, and the exotic creature's right foot applies pressure once more to the gas peddle to push the vehicle onward. "Seeing the future would be helpful in some cases, but I think that it isn't best to know what is going to happen. It takes the luster out of life, the surprises, and the unknown factor. Someone who knows the future could change the fate's design, and that isn't right. Like when someone is going to die. It is their time, nothing should change that." Most would probably ask her why she was talking to her seven year old child in such a literate way, but Cal always enjoyed her intellectual conversations with her daughter. Harper is more advanced than other children, so things were easier for her to understand. Soon the SUV would pull into the parking lot of the Chinese buffet, and she finds a good parking space. Cutting the power to the engine, she gets out and locks her door. Closing it she opens Harper's door. "After you miss." Calanta speaks using propriety, and she bows a little, outstretching her right arm and opening her hand for Sylvain to take it.

""

--------------------
Sylvain Artiso
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 06:23 PM

AUDITIONING
Group Icon

The girl's bright eyes would watch her mother as she put the little television away. Sucking in her lips as she kicks her feet, leaning forward against the seat belt. "Don't be sorry, you can't help it. But Miss Nikki tells me a lot and it makes a lot of sense. Thank you for picking Miss Nikki as my teacher. I really like her." The childish, middle aged woman was easy for her to get along with. Sweet and kind but she understood the troubles that the young girl had. Each and every detail that for so long, Harper didn't understand and felt only as a hindrance. When you have someone able to explain why your mind does what it does, why certain things happen around you, it can put a child at ease but still, things took time and control was still not completely in the girl's grasp when her emotions ran high which was easy for her age. She could talk to you like she was a teenager, understanding of the world around her and with the intellectual of one perhaps, or even that of an adult. But still, she was only seven.

When the car came to a stop the girl would move to unhook her seat belt and scoot to the edge of her chair. Her hand reaching for the handle to find that it has a child lock. Her eyes staring at the door almost dumbfounded for a moment before she shakes her head as her adoptive mother opens the door. A child lock, really? She'd have to work on learning how to open the door from the outside then, where she couldn't see. But that would take time in controlling what she couldn't see. Particularly when she had trouble moving objects she could see. She would get to her feet, ducking her head down as she hops out of the SUV and steadies herself on the ground. Her eyes looking to the phoenix and she gives a big grin as she bounces forward much like the girl her age should and tugs at her mother's hand. "You still not going to tell me what we are going to do today Calanta?" She was too old to truly get into the habit of calling her mother just yet. Often, when people didn't know that the girl was adopted they would find it rude. Calanta wasn't her mother, wasn't the person who she had called mother for the first years of her life. But she was in the place that a mother should be. She was the mother the girl was able to choose, and she the daughter she was able to choose.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options [NEW REPLY] [NEW TOPIC]

CREATED BY SUMMER OF ATF AND CAUTION 2.0

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1784 seconds | Archive