Skin .Wiredvage designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.
Mass Effect Universe News
Welcome to Mass Effect Universe! - Our forum has changed addresses! Check Site Information for details!
Welcome to the #1 Mass Effect RP!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Mass Effect Universe. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

About the Bacalou?, Turn Off's

What am I doing wrong?
TMI - Too Much Info [ 7 ]  [14.58%]
TLI - Too Little Info [mainly about the organisation itself] [ 5 ]  [10.42%]
It's Just Not "My thing" [ 8 ]  [16.67%]
I Don't Know 'How' To Join Dx [ 7 ]  [14.58%]
It's A lil 'TOO' Mysterious For Me [ 7 ]  [14.58%]
Not Enough Missions [even though there's several] [ 3 ]  [6.25%]
I Feel Unworthy To Join [that's not a shameless plug] [ 4 ]  [8.33%]
Not Enough Pictures [I like pictures :3] [ 3 ]  [6.25%]
It's Just You [You don't promote it enough] [ 4 ]  [8.33%]
Total Votes: 48
Guests cannot vote 
Mr. Dust
Posted on 11 April 2011, 05:05 am
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"We 'can' bring Gotham back!"

Group: Justicar
Member No.: 807

[You can Select 3 Options]

Bacalou Skulls

Hey Folks!

Friendly neighbourhood dust particle here!

Now, for almost a year now I've been working welly welly hard on the Bacalou to make it what it is today, but alas, the amount of inactivate characters people have made are about neck-and-neck with the amount of active participants, both on Bacalou-relevant missions as well as what's colloquially referred to as "social threads" [ie: Like Father, Like Lorek, New Sigil, Bastion, etc]. Yet some existing members [they know who they are and who they aren't, so please save the 'But I AM active! D;' rant]

It's few and far between that I get a PM or see someone post in the recruitment thread asking about the organisation and whether or not they could join [it's been a loooooooooong time since I got a PM from someone that seemed really excited about joining].

Even now as I'm laying out half a dozen threads for people to sign up, either on the side of the Bacalou, or against. There just doesn't seem to be any fish in the pond, or maybe I'm using the wrong bait? Or maybe it's a bad season?

So I'd like people's serious input only on either what I'm doing wrong, what I should put in more of, what I should reduce amount of, how I can draw more people in, that kinda stuff.

Oh, and no trolling please. Thanks. wink.gif

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
/PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK\
user posted image
Link -> Dustpendium <- Knil
Friends with Benefits / Acta non Verba / Homefront / Belly of the Den / Blue Suns Rising / Vocal Point / Dangerous Synergies / Ad Pondus / Another Day
x_X NECRO Hitting the Books, Random, Slow Fuse, Dust Settles THREADS X_x
Other Stuff: No more interviews, list is full and final. Please help?
Words to Live By!, Other Words to Live By!

28 Nov 11, 08:39 PM Rasen: Dust is showing his aptitude for awesomeness
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Robrich8705
Posted on 11 April 2011, 05:40 am

Corporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,278

As a new guy, I am interested but positively overwhelmed by the amount of information in that thread. I honestly have no idea where to begin.

--------------------
Noise: Time to fangirl all over ME erotica.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mr. Dust
Posted on 11 April 2011, 05:49 am

Your post makes me aware that it is a somewhat daunting task for people to get an idea of where to start, as such the Bacalou page will continue it's overhaul, I'll endeavour to make it clearer where one will typically start in the Bacalou from the groundfloor.

But for now, to get the ball rolling, I'd recommend contacting this guy on how to get involved in the Bacalou on the ground floor. smile.gif

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
user posted image
Friends with Benefits / Acta non Verba / Homefront / Belly of the Den / Blue Suns Rising / Vocal Point / Dangerous Synergies / Ad Pondus / Another Day

Mr. Dust
Posted on 12 April 2011, 12:22 am

Ok, the poll is giving me somewhat of an idea on what to change, but written input that I can read would go a long way in helping. smile.gif

What do people want to see more of?
What could people do with seeing less of?

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
user posted image

Rasengod7
Posted on 12 April 2011, 03:18 pm

Dark Lord of the Snu Snu

Group: Spectre
Member No.: 1

I've been thinking about this a bit. The Bacalou has many threads being setup and they have a variety. I also think generally people find them interesting. An issue that came to mind though is that plots are being setup for people instead of being created. You create most if not all the plots Dust. I remember when there were many subplots within the Bacalou due to those involved making them. I think promoting those within the Bacalou to make plots would help a lot. Tellos helping out there is a push in the right direction.

The Barony for instance has done the same. Mehrin doesn't make plots for everyone much. Those within create subplots and other plots. Cerberus also functions like that with less plotting by one and more plotting by all. And the Syndicate I feel is pushing in that direction. Asyla sets up most plots, but others like BV are beginning to develop plots and hopefully more will continue to do so.

I think that is one of, if not, the only issue with the Bacalou now. More people within need to start taking te reigns and making plots. That way people become more vested instead of just going along with another's ideas.

Now keep in mind this is based purely on my observations. I don't know how Bacalou plotting works nowadays and I am not as involved as I used to be so I may be wrong completely. I'm hoping to change my involvement though. smile.gif

--------------------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kin
Posted on 12 April 2011, 03:29 pm

The Cleaning Lady

Group: Vanguard
Member No.: 1,024

Well that leaves us with a question then, as I see it anyway. If a plot can be made wherein other people can pick up pieces and run with their own subplots, would anyone actually be interested in doing so?

Dust and I have been working on what I HOPE will turn into a large, overarching plot for both the Bacalou and the Vannesh. It will definitely involve the Republics anyway. My only concern is that it won't garner much interest aside from myself and Dust. What is it that needs to be done to get people interested in these plot hooks? What do people need to see in terms of a storyline set up in order to snag some little detail they like and run their own plots?

--------------------
Gone.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
WorpeX
Posted on 12 April 2011, 03:34 pm

The Book of WorpeX

Member No.: 828

I think your doing a fine job. I rather agree with what Rasen said though now that he mentions it. I create all the plots for the Metagen, and most of the people in it aren't so excited about the group. On the other hand, I let others create plots for Meridian Guard and the members are far more interested.

My only real gripe with Bacalou is that i've been part of the organization for a long time now (OOC) and my character is still on the same level as a new recruit who has no say at all in the organization. It's rather demoralizing as the player of the character and I seriously debated seeking out other organizations to join where I actually meant something to the group. I don't mind playing as a "new' bacalou character for one or two threads, but I lost a lot of motivation to play after you said I have to do a third now too (And Bacalou threads, for whatever reason, always take a long time to complete, meaning it would be another 4+ months till I can finally be considered an actual member).

--------------------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Blind Violinist
Posted on 12 April 2011, 03:51 pm

Citadel Security Executor

Group: Vanguard
Member No.: 1,161

Thats the thing with the omega branch, at first i started out as nothing, now trixy is a bacalou recruit and maybe soon death if kalfu kills her lol part from the last line, trixy did make quite a involvement and impress some bacalou personal. It depends on both recruit and lt to work this out.

As for plots, c-sec plots are made by both myself and the members, same counts for the quarian federation. Symdicate at the other side is a thing i am still carwfull with as it is asyla baby. Sphinxs is by far my most succesful thing why? Because in a way it brought life back in the business life

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,22,,[/TCZ]
user posted image

Character list
Current Topics:
Requires update

Organisations:
Sphinx Inc. - Blood Pack - Citadel Security Service - Maelstrom Inc. - Sapphonettes - Bacalou Skulls
Tellos
Posted on 12 April 2011, 06:23 pm

Spectre

Group: Executor
Member No.: 1,138

For me part of it is I have the plans Asher has but he usually staies on Omega, Tyria my soldier can mvoe a tad more freely. The work I have going on in Omega will eventualloy lead those involved into poistions or more authority likely as the Omega branch expands. I just need more people to do what i am trying to do.

--------------------
user posted image

The Art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a path to safety or to ruin and there for is a matter of inquiry which cannot be ignored.

Character/Invention list

user posted image
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mr. Dust
Posted on 12 April 2011, 08:33 pm

See, this is the kinda feedback I can use! laugh.gif

@Rasen: You raise a very good point [and so did Worpe], though ironically for the last few months I've been trying [OH how I have been trying, Asyla can tell you how long I've been trying xD] to get other people into positions of authority so that they can dictate which direction the Bacalou goes, or portions of it.

Effectively, I'm trying to phase myself out more and more and ideally just handle the top end part that namely deals with upper echeleon, since the numbers there are in the minority.

But this input by y'all was/is well receieved! laugh.gif

@Worpe: I was on the mindset that input IC would be the factor for such things, but then I reminded myself that more than anything I want people to have fun in the Bacalou, both ICly and OOCly, and that I should be more than willing to bend 'in-game red tape' to make that experience better for folks.

So trufax, your asari will be promoted nao if you are willing to stick around? smile.gif

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
user posted image

WorpeX
Posted on 12 April 2011, 08:42 pm

The Book of WorpeX

Member No.: 828

yay! <3

--------------------
Rasengod7
Posted on 12 April 2011, 10:07 pm

Dark Lord of the Snu Snu

Group: Spectre
Member No.: 1

*highfives WorpeX* Our plan worked. laugh.gif XD No I'm kidding.

I know you have been. It is really tough to come up with a way to get people involved. Maybe starting up threads for others to post ideas. That's why I try and post up Future Plot ideas for forum wides so as to get people involved in some way. If those in your respective groups can step up and help with plots then it will benefit activity in that group.

--------------------
Mr. Dust
Posted on 16 April 2011, 08:34 pm

Thank you to those whom voted and thanks to those whom added input, I really got a lot out of it and least now I know that for some people, this is just simply not what they are looking for, which is fine.

Also revamped the Bacalou page on a major scale, so hopefully it'll be much easier for people to navigate. ^^

Thanks again folks!

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
user posted image

Bippwatt
Posted on 20 May 2011, 04:56 am

Medical Super Colonel Private FC Lieutenant JG Ninth Class

Group: Officer
Member No.: 1,202

Okay. I bet you haven't gotten this combo.

1st Vote was TMI
2nd Vote was TLI (Yes, I said TLI)
3rd Vote was Unworthy to Join.

1 and 2 connect. There is a CRAPTON of info there. As a result, I have no clue where to start and come away with Too Little Info.

And 3....well. I don't have a character (yet) that could do that sort of thing. Alas, I may have a problem joining in general. I have problems with Slavery, even in games. It's the one thing I won't ever do. It just....ugh. Getting slightly sick just thinking about making a character that condones and commits slavery.

Sorry. Overreaction? Probably. But I can't help it. Any other crime on that list I could make a character for. (Yes, even Mass Murder.) But not that.

Hope this helps you!

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,18,,[/TCZ]

-Character Compendium-
user posted image
user posted image
^Now Grade D!^

I shall crush them in the name of the god emperor Plum, Rahnk'strunk'ampetronkilanshatruallandansaludin'trannathrakhbutin'anaalshutan!
Makarov in the C-Box.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The images I use are not of my work, unless otherwise noted.
Mr. Dust
Posted on 20 May 2011, 05:07 am

In response to the Too Much/Little Info concern.

I tried to itirate in the 2nd post that 'Basic Info' is all you need to read to be able to making a new starting character in the Bacalou, and that posts that follow after that are 'story fluff' or 'additional' details.

I can try and put more emphasis on that detail though. thinking.png

As for the slavery thing, that's one line of profit for the Bacalou, and it doesn't run throughout the entirety of the organisation, so your character won't neccersarily be exposed to it. Though I can make a point of trying to keep your character as far from that aspect as possible. smile.gif

Ultimately though, this organisation has a very renegade and morally absent front, something to keep in mind when one joins. lol

Cheers for the input, always welcome. ^^

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
user posted image

Sengar
Posted on 20 May 2011, 05:25 am

The Offical Nooblet of MEU

Group: Officer
Member No.: 1,319

In all honesty, the biggest fault I see with the organization is the lack of advertising you do with it; I'm pretty new, and from what I've seen, The Syndicate is the most active group; there's near-constant discussions about the group in the c-box and new weapons and such are constantly being made.

The Bacalou has major potential; just look at that beautiful thread it has. If I could make one major suggestion, aside from advertisement, it would be simplify. For example, you could post a section strictly for listing off the technologies unique to the group, and if it's exclusive to a specific faction, color code it or something; with the current set up, potential members are jumping all over the place to compare each faction's benefits., and it takes effort; some people don't like to put forth the extra effort.

On the previous note, i would also suggest that you throw in a new post that briefly compares and contrasts the different sections of the organization.

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,16,,[/TCZ]

user posted image

In Use
Available
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Mr. Dust
Posted on 20 May 2011, 08:34 pm

I campaigned and promoted, oh LORD how I campaigned and promoted the Bacalou! xD

I even tried to get other people whom were interested in making characters to become recruiters so while I finetune the Bacalou page, they could continue garnering interest and people's characters............... which has had varying success rates across the board.

Also, towards the latter part of your suggestion, I hear what you are saying, I don't really agree that people have to jump around all over to get info they are looking for, the index has links for a reason. XD

And they don't have to read anything beyond basic information, though..... in saying that, if they can't be bothered reading, they probably couldn't be bothered making a character either. thinking.png

Will try and stir up another recruitment campaign, but ultimately for a year now I've been trying to find other interested folks to help on that front but well, results speak for themselves, take that as you will.

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
user posted image

Krogan Sushi
Posted on 20 May 2011, 09:13 pm

Operations Chief

Group: Soldier
Member No.: 1,257

Went for the "just not my thing" answer - not because I have no interest, but because I have two characters and neither of them are a particularly good fit. I definitely looked it over, though. c:

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tellos
Posted on 20 May 2011, 09:14 pm

Spectre

Group: Executor
Member No.: 1,138

You coudl make a charatcer for the bacalou.

--------------------
user posted image

The Art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a path to safety or to ruin and there for is a matter of inquiry which cannot be ignored.

Character/Invention list

user posted image
GrauWolf
Posted on 20 May 2011, 09:21 pm

So much derp, I might have derpes!

Group: Agent
Member No.: 1,274

I went for "i don't know how to join", but since I obviously DO know how to join the Bacalou, allow me to explain so you don't think i'm a total goon :3

Most of the other organizations (Barony, Syndicate, canon merc groups) have a clear hierarchy for their soldiers and enforcers. I read the Bacalou's info about its troopers, and it seemed to me that there was a divide between Dust Marked elites and... well... mooks and cannon fodder.

This is important because Dust said he'd prefer for characters to advance to Dust-Marked status through RPing, as opposed to just creating one. So it wasn't clear to me what a non-Dust Marked, yet still competent soldier would be classified as.

Alternatively, I might just be a goon :3

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,21,,[/TCZ]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2183 seconds | Archive

User Legend
Spectre | Keepers | Justicars | Vanguards | Executors | Agents | Officers | Soldiers
Affiliates
RPG-D Free Domain Name - www.YOU.co.nr! Guns and Glory Ever More Heroes X-Men Redemption City X Dragon Age: Requiem Legend of Zelda: Exoria