Skin .Wiredvage designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.
Mass Effect Universe News
Welcome to Mass Effect Universe! - Our forum has changed addresses! Check Site Information for details!
Welcome to the #1 Mass Effect RP!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Mass Effect Universe. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"The Green Skull", Geist District - Bacalou Thread
Mr. Dust
  Posted: 03 September 2011, 06:48 am
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"We 'can' bring Gotham back!"

Group: Justicar
Member No.: 807

((OOC: As this is what is colloquially referred to as a 'social' or 'base' thread, you are able to post with your char here while they are also elsewhere in the galaxy, just so long as you eventually detail them leaving to tend to whatever errand you had them do in another rp.... if that makes sense, it should

Additionally, the previous Green Skull thread has a few sub-plots in need of tying up [eg: Scott and his asari 'friend' along with Corvus and his mutant 'friend', once those are squared away feel free to get the previous thread archived and resume posting in this one laugh.gif ))

Located within the Geist District of Omega was "The Green Skull" strip, the hub of the Bacalou's influence and presence upon the Dark Citadel. While it played host to very very few honest people, the morally ambiguous stood to gain relatively great riches by signing up with the Bacalou to help exploit their fellow man. Narcotic deals amongst services of the flesh were the usual choices of the day.

Grace Hall was where most, if any, actions on the part of the Bacalou took place and were discussed here before any big moves or shakes were made... usually. It was bestowed upon Asher in 2199 to oversee it's wellbeing while Yousuf tended to other matters at hand, given that Kalfu and Sekhmet were key operatives to the plans of Mr Dust, those two were frequently mobile and would not be put to the greatest use being placed on Omega so frequently.

After a myriad of events that threatened to shake Omega to it's very foundations, the dissolution of the Confederacy and a changing over of leadership within the Barony, which only sought to 'inspire' Omega's residents to prepare themselves for a return to the 'old days' where territory was in an almost constant state of change. It was in late October 2200 that Yousuf decided that Bacalou's leadership of it's omega branch should change hands.

And a yahg in the bacalou's employ had shown itself to be worth consideration, which was fortunate for him because Omega was on the knife edge of total anarchy and if the Bacalou along with any other factions that house themselves on Omega are 'bounced off', Yousuf would much rather have his trusted lieutenant out of harms way and ready to ride in with the cavalry. Though he was sure Asher didn't feel the same way, that and Corvus, the yahg in question, didn't yet know that after such a brief time within the organisation, he'd be taking on his former bosses role.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mr. Dust
Posted: 03 September 2011, 07:27 am

Anyone that said Yousuf felt 'bad' for moving Asher to Mobile Operations was kidding themselves, it was because he trusted Asher that he felt he could count on the man to see the bigger picture in the action and that it wouldn't be construed as some kind of reprimand or punishment for some unspoken slight.

On the other hand however, Yousuf was going to entrust Omega to Asher's unofficial protege, a yahg no less. Given how brief a time Asher had to 'mold' this creature, it'd tell a lot to Yousuf on how well Asher did to organise the branch depending on how well Corvus did.

If the yahg screwed up, that'd cause complications, but if the yahg performed well, everyone would reap the benefits. Yousuf was fair like that.

He along with Isabel Cortez on his left and Junko on his right entered the Green Skull and seeked Corvus out, the mammoth creature was pretty easy to spot, Yousuf doubted the yahg could hide even if his life depended on it... and if Corvus fucked up, it would.

Yousuf clapped his hands sardonically as he approached the large creature, but beamed a smile none the less "Congratulations Corvus, you've been promoted to a leadership role. In your time here you may have become somewhat familiar with what Asher used to do here, yes?" he asked expectingly.

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
/PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK\
user posted image
Link -> Dustpendium <- Knil
Friends with Benefits / Acta non Verba / Homefront / Belly of the Den / Blue Suns Rising / Vocal Point / Dangerous Synergies / Ad Pondus / Another Day
x_X NECRO Hitting the Books, Random, Slow Fuse, Dust Settles THREADS X_x
Other Stuff: No more interviews, list is full and final. Please help?
Words to Live By!, Other Words to Live By!

28 Nov 11, 08:39 PM Rasen: Dust is showing his aptitude for awesomeness
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
McScrooge
Posted: 03 September 2011, 08:03 am

2nd Lieutenant

Group: Soldier
Member No.: 1,234

After her return from Lorek, Isabel had returned to Omega. Within a few hours, she had reported back to Yousuf Mo'alim, that Asher had been safely transported to his new area of responsibility. Afterwards, the Voice of the Bacalou had noted that they return to the Green Skull, the Bacalou's base of operation on Omega. Isabel had retreated to her room, and emerged in a less armoured, yet more elegant dress. It was a habit from her days as a secretary function to the "Director", but even though these days had passed, Isabel still chose to keep up to that habit.

In the months of working with Yousuf, she had grown used to him. She knew of his nature, but this did in fact not phase her. An outside party may have questioned this, but to Isabel it felt natural. After all, she was a Lieutenant to the Voice now, and loyalty was expected of her.

As usual, Isabel would carry her pistol with her, decently hidden beneath her dress, yet still accessible should Mo'alim be the victim of an attack. The way from the former Department of Home Security building was too long and exposed for Isabel's preferences. But both belonged to the Bacalou, and Isabel hoped that they would acquire territory that would cover the way in between more so. Their way partially led them through Syndicate controlled territory. Although none of them would bother them, Isabel realised that from their perspective, the Bacalou might have been the worst scum on earth.

The unlikely pair eventually arrived at the Green Skull, however, safe and sound. Isabel's mind would come at ease a little, thankful for the safety the base offered. However, as Yousuf made his way towards Corvus, one of the extremely rare yahg species, Isabel once again felt a little uncomfortable. She had nothing against the yahg, especially not considering Yousuf just appointed him to Asher's former position. But still, he was a creature that could easily tear Yousuf apart if given incentive. Still, Isabel smiled after Yousuf had finished and offered her own statement. "You have been given access to all areas of the Green Skull. Your rank also will reflect your position to external Bacalou parties, should they come to visit." Isabel was reminded of Kalfu's brief stay here. She realised that he had tested Corvus, but apparently this test had been successfully passed by the yahg. Perhaps that was also why Yousuf chose him.

--------------------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Onar
Posted: 03 September 2011, 08:19 am

Big Tough Krogan

Group: Executor
Member No.: 966

Corvus had been stomping around the club in preperations for arival of his new supirior...well...he wasnt EXACTLY 'new', he saw him and heard from him before when Asher was in charge...but it was the first time he served directly under the level of leadership that those like Yousuf and Kalfu were a part of. Regardless, Corvus knew he had to prepare the place a bit. He had added some blinds to his office window to allow him to close them and sort of 'withdraw' from sight for those nervous individuals who would eye him up a bit whenever he got close. He was in the middle of perfecting a proximity alarm at the office door that would be hidden when he heard clapping, Turning around, he saw Yousuf, in the flesh. When he spoke, he listened to what the man had to say, obviously an inspireing speech, then nodded to Isabel.

"A role i intend not to go to my head, nor let fall out from under me. I am familiar with a bit of what Asher's duties were. His job was to oversee much of the Omega branch's growth, including territory defense and aquisition. recruitment, defense and collection of payment money from establishments that wish to remain independant but requires muscle, as well as any special assignments sent by those in the higher eschelons, like you and Kalfu. I've already taken the initative of looking for an assistant to help balance the workload so that i wont be swamped, so that everything can be arranged and i can still find time to give that...personal touch to the operations."

Corvus looked at his handiwork on the alarms and installation of a few things for a moment. He was preparing for the likelyhood of any hostile forces being able to get near. There was also the moment Asher left his terminal ungaurded...even if it was in view, someone didnt NEED to be setting at the terminal to access anything on it.

"Pardon some of the 'do-it-yourself' work here, i'm just putting in a few defensive and astetic additions that i felt the place needed to improve a bit. And rather than have someone else install some of the defensives...its like the saying...if your life depends on your rigging....do your own rigging."

He tested the cuircuit a moment, it looked like it was going to be alright...maybe a small tweak on the 'trigger' but that was easy. "for the moment, only one individual was interested in the 'assistant' position, Miss Miyako. I'll be giving her a fair trail run, and watch for others who wish to claim the spot. As for this moment, i'm prepared to hear any orders you have for me."

--------------------
my invention: Volt Driver Prototype Repair Drone
my characters
Paragon Praxis Neutral: Onar Argent Vixa'Orella Vas Alarei Enosa Delliri Renegade Corvus

user posted image
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kudaria
Posted: 04 September 2011, 12:15 am

Commander

Group: Officer
Member No.: 1,288

Junko had taken the time to change out of her Kamishimo and into her regular matte black armor with its stealth generator during the trip to Omega Station. A place she had only heard reports of on the news up until now. It had been all she could do to maintain her usual demeanor of unaffected readiness as she had first walked though the passageways of the station with Yousuf Mo'alim-sama, surrounded on all sides by aliens that she had usually seen only from a distance before or rarely more closely. They had stayed in one place for some time, which was where a human woman, Isabel Cortez-san, had joined them.

Now they were on their way to a place the other two had referred to as the Green Skull. It actually proved to be a section of the station, and in the center of it there was a theater named Grace Hall that they entered and then quickly proceeded to the lower levels. This seemed to be their final destination.

"Congratulations Corvus, you've been promoted to a leadership role. In your time here you may have become somewhat familiar with what Asher used to do here, yes?"

Junko was not prepared for the sight of the massive creature Mo'alim-sama addressed. Tall and with multiple eyes and a strange triangular shaped mouth filled with sharp teeth, the yakuza assassin immediately began trying to figure out how she could kill the creature if necessary before Yousuf even finished speaking. The eyes she suspected would be the creature’s weak point and looked as if they would be easily damaged with a bo-shuriken.

Then it spoke.

"A role I intend not to go to my head, nor let fall out from under me. I am familiar with a bit of what Asher's duties were. His job was to oversee much of the Omega branch's growth, including territory defense and acquisition. Recruitment, defense and collection of payment money from establishments that wish to remain independent but requires muscle, as well as any special assignments sent by those in the higher echelons, like you and Kalfu. I've already taken the initiative of looking for an assistant to help balance the workload so that I won’t be swamped, so that everything can be arranged and i can still find time to give that...personal touch to the operations."

Only the surprised widening of her dark brown eyes betrayed Junko’s surprise at the eloquent way the creature… no the being in front of her spoke. Corvus, as she remembered Mo’alim-sama referring to the being turned and fiddled for a moment with something near one of the terminals.

"Pardon some of the 'do-it-yourself' work here, I’m just putting in a few defensive and aesthetic additions that I felt the place needed to improve a bit. And rather than have someone else install some of the defensives...its like the saying...if your life depends on your rigging....do your own rigging. For the moment, only one individual was interested in the 'assistant' position, Miss Miyako. I'll be giving her a fair trial run, and watch for others who wish to claim the spot. As for this moment, i'm prepared to hear any orders you have for me."

Junko’s gaze flickered between the dark skinned man in front of her and Corvus who at least now appeared to be paying attention to Yousuf Mo’alim-sama. Hiroshi Baba-sama would have been angered at this Crovus’s lack of respect, none of his kobun would have dared to do anything less than give their complete attention to their oyabun. This however was not the yakuza, and Junko was very aware that she did not know the customs among these Bacalou. Still, if Yousuf Mo’alim-sama was displeased she was prepared to do her best to carry out any orders he gave her.

--------------------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mr. Dust
Posted: 04 September 2011, 12:58 am

*snip*

"for the moment, only one individual was interested in the 'assistant' position, Miss Miyako. I'll be giving her a fair trail run, and watch for others who wish to claim the spot. As for this moment, i'm prepared to hear any orders you have for me."

Yousuf watched as Corvus periodically shifted his attention to the things he was 'touching up' on, namely security. He also listened to how the yahg seemed to of been 'settling in' quite nicely even before Yousuf came here to formally promote the creature. May have to take him down a peg, he gave a glance to Junko when Corvus's eyes wandered away for a moment. She was showing signs of bewilderment that's for sure. He looked back to Corvus and he [Yousuf] crossed his arms.

"Understand that there's great reward to be had in serving under me with competence, do your job well and you will go far. Disappoint me and..." he looked edgewise to Junko then back to Corvus.

"I keep a collection of heads in jars in my office, some with salarians, asari and humans... I've yet to add a yahg to it, don't be the first. As for orders, I look forward to seeing a surge in recruitment, Omega will turn to anarchy soon enough and when it does I don't want to have to call forces from other systems because we do not have sufficent numbers already here" he said calmly.

He then looked to Isabel then back to Corvus once more "These two will make occassional visits to see to it that things are going well and offer assistance where possible. Junko here is what you may call... well versed... in administering discipline, not that I don't believe a yahg has the strength to get his point across" he said with a smile.

He looked to Junko and raised a brow "I am leaving you here for the time being, there are some... matters... I need to tend to. You will be quite safe here until I return."

He looked back to Corvus "Ensure nothing happens to either of these two, if you have requests or.. suggestions.. I advise you give them to Isabel, she will know how to contact me" he said in a continually calm tone.

"Looking forward to seeing what you can do Corvus" he said simply before turning on his heel. "Isabel, when or if you choose to leave, be sure to bring Junko to the DHS building" he said over his shoulder as he proceeded to head towards the exit.

--------------------
[TCZ],,,[/TCZ]
/PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK\
user posted image
Link -> Dustpendium <- Knil
Friends with Benefits / Acta non Verba / Homefront / Belly of the Den / Blue Suns Rising / Vocal Point / Dangerous Synergies / Ad Pondus / Another Day
x_X NECRO Hitting the Books, Random, Slow Fuse, Dust Settles THREADS X_x
Other Stuff: No more interviews, list is full and final. Please help?
Words to Live By!, Other Words to Live By!

28 Nov 11, 08:39 PM Rasen: Dust is showing his aptitude for awesomeness
taarza
Posted: 04 September 2011, 05:08 am

Resident brony

Member No.: 1,137

Enigma was looking for his daughter as she had ran off again "Mai where are you, you know you shouldn't be running off like this" Enigma kept wandering around the area until he spotted Mai crawling towards Corvus and this other person that he was talking to "Mai no" Enigma ran up to Mai and picked her up hoping that the person talking to Corvus didn't notice him as he didn't want to make Corvus look bad.

Enigma started to walk off talking to mai "no Mai, you know you did something wrong just don't do it again" Mai looked up at Enigma "s...sorry" Enigma was surprised at her talking "did you just say sorry, brilliant girl you must be near your transformation stage but i didn't think it would be this soon" Enigma took Mai and headed back to where they rest.

--------------------
Bippwatt
Posted: 04 September 2011, 07:00 am

Medical Super Colonel Private FC Lieutenant JG Ninth Class

Member No.: 1,202

Miyako has wisely chosen to stay out of the office when she had seen "Mr. Man" walk through the bar and into the office.

Over the last few days, she had taken to placing herself behind the bar and serving the drinks from there. She found the task oddly relaxing and also highly informative. The things people would say to a young woman working as a bartender....

She smiled as she wiped down the gleaming surface in front of her. As a matter of fact, she actually had to visit someone. It was a minor thing really. Not even worth mentioning to Corvus. At least until she had dealt with it.

While she had been working behind the bar, she had picked up on a regular grunt who decided it would be a good idea to hide the fact that he had found a large stockpile of high-end weapons and then sell them to the highest bidder.

Using an alias and the discretionary funds account the Bacalou made available, she had been able to snipe the bid. As it so happened, the seller wanted a meet-n-greet payment and pick-up. Which worked perfectly for her.

In about two days, she would impress on that lowly grunt the unwisdom of his ways. Her only two issues were if she should kill him or just threaten him and whether she should have the red wine or the white at the dinner she would make for herself afterwards. She was leaning towards the red wine. After all, meat goes well with red wine. But what to do about the damn grunt?

She leaned against the counter across from the bar, on her side of it. She swiped her credit chit through the reader, punched in the black lager button, then pulled one from the fridge. With a deft flip, she pulled a church key from a pocket in the wrist of her body suit and popped the cap open, flipping it into the container she was building up of them. Then, another move sent the church key back into it's pocket.

She looked at the nitrogen float out of the top of the bottle and then took a swig before it could all leave. She savored the deep, cool burn of the alcohol, the almost sweet tang of the hops. She loved beer. Hell, she loved most drinks with alcohol content.

Her thoughts came back to the loon with the guns. She would do away with him. He was in her district, he was fucking with the Skulls and, worst of all, he was being an idiot. All of this taken together made him about as worthwhile as fighter guns on a Dreadnought.

And to one Bacalou Skulls agent, he was as good as dead. In fact, he already was. He just didn't know it yet.

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,18,,[/TCZ]

-Character Compendium-
user posted image
user posted image
^Now Grade D!^

I shall crush them in the name of the god emperor Plum, Rahnk'strunk'ampetronkilanshatruallandansaludin'trannathrakhbutin'anaalshutan!
Makarov in the C-Box.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The images I use are not of my work, unless otherwise noted.
McScrooge
Posted: 05 September 2011, 07:03 pm

2nd Lieutenant

Isabel would possibly seem like a show-off girl next to Yousuf. She wore cold, but light colours, complimenting her light skin tone and hair. In the dark colours of the Green Skull as well as next to the much darker Yousuf Mo'alim, she would indeed appear extremely out of place. This did not seem to phase her, however, and she continued to take a passive role as the yahg began to address Yousuf. "Pardon some of the 'do-it-yourself' work here, i'm just putting in a few defensive and astetic additions that i felt the place needed to improve a bit. And rather than have someone else install some of the defensives...its like the saying...if your life depends on your rigging....do your own rigging."

Blue eyes followed the yahg's large hands tamper with his guerilla mechanisms, and for a moment, she felt oddly familiar with them. Her eyes blinking, she approached the proximity sensor the yahg had installed but apparently not finished, before placing her own, much smaller hands onto the device. After a couple of moments, while her superior began to speak about his jar collection, the proximity sensor would suddenly give a beep before Isabel quickly shut the sensor off and standing up again, surprised that she had gotten the thing to work. Perhaps the yahg had cut out all the work for her. Or she was more skilled with technology than expected. It almost seemed naturally...

"These two will make occassional visits to see to it that things are going well and offer assistance where possible." these words would awaken Isabel, making her aware of the fact that Yousuf had looked toward her while she had been distracted. She quickly returned her gaze to the yahg, nodding firmly and offering a smile which may have seemed out of place considering the fact that the Voice of the Bacalou explained the Asian woman, who had entered just now, would 'inspire' discipline.

Isabel would turn and bow to the Asian as well, giving a slightly uncertain smile before she chose to focus on the yahg. "Ensure nothing happens to either of these two, if you have requests or.. suggestions.. I advise you give them to Isabel, she will know how to contact me"

Sometimes, the blonde female would find such orders appealing. She saw herself as Yousuf's bodyguard at times, a strange protection instinct she rarely felt stirring within her. However, when it came to her own protection, she seemed a lot less worried for unknown reason. Perhaps she had grown overly confident in the safety the Bacalou offered. But she realised that when ordered to, she could be surprisingly powerful.

When Yousuf looked at her directly, Isabel straightened her back, folding her hands in front of her body as she seemed expectant to hear what he had to say. "Isabel, when or if you choose to leave, be sure to bring Junko to the DHS building" Isabel quickly gave the woman in question a blue-eyed gaze, before nodding at Yousuf. "It will be done." she said simply, before stepping out of his way so he could proceed out of the Green Skull. She was not sure what he was planning to do, but a part of her felt rather unwell with leaving him alone here.

When the moment passed as she focused on the fact that she had been given orders, Isabel turned back to the yahg, and the new arrival that was "Junko". She first turned her attention towards the yahg, offering a firm nod before offering her support. "I have sent my contact details to your terminal, should you require my assistance, Mister Corvus." She would explain politely, before she turned towards Junko.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss... Junko." she said with a small part of uncertainty in her voice before bowing her head, believing this to be a fitting greeting to the conservative seeming Junko. "I am Isabel Cortez. I am looking forward to work with you in the future." she would say, giving a smile. She did not yet urge anyone to move, after all the yahg might ask something of her before she would leave, but she hoped that Junko would make it clear once she was ready to leave for the former Department of Home Security building.

--------------------
Onar
Posted: 05 September 2011, 07:39 pm

Big Tough Krogan

Corvus kept his work up on the proximity alarm while he was listening, nodding and looking over at the proper points of the conversation that Yousuf made to him...especially about those jars.

"I'll keep those jars in mind....might find a different Yahg head for you if i need to take down one of my own...course i'm the only one i've seen since i got here..." He grunted as he connected a couple of the circuits, he was nearly done here. "I apologize if i seem not to be giving proper respect right now sir. I belive we had someone trying to get in earlier and i just want to improve before it becomes a concern. I have only had a chance to try and relax some since Asher put me in charge and i started working on some of these defences."

Corvus watched as the woman in the bright colors came over and took a look at his work. He had just had to connect one final thing, and she did it...probably a little unconsciously about it, but it was done at least and he wouldnt have to worry about it. Checking his Omnitool he nodded. "There we go, now no one can get in or out of this office without my notice." He then looked at Yousuf after he had mentioned about the women "Aside from the mutant thing over there," He points at Enigma who had moved to catch his 'spawn' of a child, "who is trying to join us, i feel these two ladies are in safe hands. Hopefully the Asari that was sent to....take care of a problem will return soon as well, and will provide more strength....litteraly...i'll send you details later as i gather them."

He then turned around and gave a nod to Youduf and a slight bow of respect. "Have a safe trip sir, and if you see anyone trying to take our territory on the way out, rough them up a bit in preperation for responce." Then turned his attention to Isabel.

"Miss Cortez, thank you for the assistance, and i hope to build up to the standards that were set while Asher was here. If you would like, my office is open to Bacalou members to use with proper clerance. If there is anything i can help you with, please do not hesitate, as if i need anything i will let you know."

He then turned his attention to Junko. "Miss Junko is it? it is a pleasure to have you here, your free to roam the club and its ajoining rooms. Miss Miyako is currently tending to the bar...and doing a good job at....aquireing info. If you wish to assist, go right ahead"

He then looked at some of the guards. He nodded at them and made a few notes on some of the things he needs to finish up...like some alarms in and around the suite that he used...and would have his supiriors use when they come by.

--------------------
my characters
Paragon Praxis Neutral: Onar Argent Vixa'Orella Vas Alarei Enosa Delliri Renegade Corvus

user posted image
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kudaria
Posted: 06 September 2011, 09:59 am

Commander

"Understand that there's great reward to be had in serving under me with competence, do your job well and you will go far. Disappoint me and... I keep a collection of heads in jars in my office, some with salarians, asari and humans... I've yet to add a yahg to it, don't be the first.”

Junko had noticed Yousuf Mo’alim-sama’s sideways glance toward her just before he made his statement. His words initially conjured up weird images from vids she had seen and then she thought about the unspoken implication that she would be the one expected to take this yahg’s head. At least she had a name for Corvus’ species now, but still that left her with one outstanding issue.

A katana would never do, she could not possibly swing it hard enough. Junko eyed the yahg contemplatively, she had seen an old Japanese executioners axe once, that might do except for issues of height difference and the sheer weight of the weapon. She and the other students of Ekio-sensi and Kiyoshi-sensi had used axes against training dummies to help build strength, and though she knew how to use one she had no illusions that she either knew enough or wqs strong enough to actually fight with one for any length of time. No she would have to kill the yahg by another means and then deal with the logistical issue of taking his head for Yousuf Mo’alim-sama. She would have to find some information on yahg’s and determine their weak points, Junko decided.

While she was occupied with her thoughts Yousuf Mo’alim-sama and Corvus-san.

“Junko here is what you may call... well versed... in administering discipline, not that I don't believe a yahg has the strength to get his point across. I am leaving you here for the time being, there are some... matters... I need to tend to. You will be quite safe here until I return."

Junko bowed to him, “I will await your orders Yousuf Mo’alim-sama.” She replied and then simply observed impassively as the dark man turned and addressed Corvus once again.

"Ensure nothing happens to either of these two, if you have requests or.. suggestions.. I advise you give them to Isabel, she will know how to contact me. Looking forward to seeing what you can do Corvus. Isabel, when or if you choose to leave, be sure to bring Junko to the DHS building."

Junko’s dark eyes followed Yousuf Mo’alim-sama out before turning to the other woman that accompanied them here. While the discussion had been going on Junko had noticed her move over to whatever Corvus had been working upon and do something to it. As she was not well versed in technical matters beyond using everyday items such her omni-tool, Junko had no idea what the other human woman had done.

"I have sent my contact details to your terminal, should you require my assistance, Mister Corvus. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss... Junko. I am Isabel Cortez. I am looking forward to work with you in the future."

Junko bowed, returning the other woman’s initial bow. It was a welcome familiarity in the midst of a constant barrage of new and strange surroundings and individuals. “It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Isabel Cortez-san." She straightened, "I hope that our future work together goes smoothly and well."

Junko then listened as Corvus offered the use of his office to Isabel-san while waiting to see if she was to be given any tasking. Finally the yang turned to her.

"Miss Junko is it? it is a pleasure to have you here, your free to roam the club and its adjoining rooms. Miss Miyako is currently tending to the bar...and doing a good job at....acquiring info. If you wish to assist, go right ahead."

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well Corvus-san," though he had not bowed, Junko bowed to the yahg. Yousuf Mo’alim-sama had indicated that he had the authority to give her orders, and as such he was due the respect. As for those orders however, she wasn't quite certain what he expected of her. By the time she and the other kobun under the instruction of Ekio-sensi and Kiyoshi-sensi were called in all the information Hiroshi Baba-sama needed to come to a decision had already been gathered. Their duty had been to ensure that his decision was executed...literally.

Noneless, she would find this Miyako and ask her what was expected of her. The woman's name gave her hope that the person would at least be Asian. She turned back to Isabel Cortez, "When you are ready to leave Isabel-san summon me, until then I will be with Miyako-san as Corvus-san has requested."

--------------------
McScrooge
Posted: 07 September 2011, 06:10 am

2nd Lieutenant

It would appear that the yahg seemed somewhat pleased with the task she had done. Isabel did not doubt that the yahg would have been able to succeed in the programming of the sensor, but she had not been able to resist helping out. "There we go, now no one can get in or out of this office without my notice." he would say, but Isabel was not sure whether the yahg was smiling. Its face seemed largely incapable of showing something she would recognise as an emotion, making her all the more glad that he was an ally.

Isabel noted that the Asian female seemed very obedient and loyal, confirming to her that she would be a good asset and ally as well. As for her skills, she was not sure. She knew of a stereotype, of course, but she preferred not to fall back to using those.

After Mister Mo'alim had left, the yahg would instead turn toward Isabel. "Miss Cortez, thank you for the assistance, and i hope to build up to the standards that were set while Asher was here. If you would like, my office is open to Bacalou members to use with proper clerance. If there is anything i can help you with, please do not hesitate, as if i need anything i will let you know." Isabel nodded, but did not reply, watching as he instead addressed Junko.

After they had talked, Isabel turned to her as well, finishing her greeting of her. “It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Isabel Cortez-san. I hope that our future work together goes smoothly and well." Isabel's expression grew distant for a brief moment, unfamiliar with her strange addition of names. She would have to look further into it, but she already suspected it had something to do with culture. "When you are ready to leave Isabel-san summon me, until then I will be with Miyako-san as Corvus-san has requested."

Isabel would once again nod, and take a step back as she followed it up with another polite bow. "I will. I shall be present in this area should you want to find me."

Once the two women parted, Isabel would turn back to the yahg, rubbing her arms together briefly as she reconsidered her current objectives. "I will seat myself on the chair outside, if you require my presence. If I do need something in return, I will be sure to ask."

Already familiar with the bowing by now, Isabel gave Corvus the same courtesy, but was uncertain afterwards whether it was a gesture the yahg could understand. Choosing to smile her way out of the situation, Isabel turned and left the room, past the sensor she had finished to program.

Outside, she would seat herself on a chair she had seen earlier, and called up her omni-tool to try and find out whether there was something she had failed to do today. But fortunately, that did not seem to be the case.

--------------------
actionhero555
Posted: 07 September 2011, 08:44 pm

1st Lieutenant

Member No.: 1,047

Merdan quietly made his way downstairs to the main area. Ever since the attack, he never left the lab due to the large amount of work needed for the Bacalou. However, things have been…complicated ever since a yagh devoured his artificial arm. It was lucky that he ate that one, but the work was done at a slower pace. Merdan managed to remove the remaining metal from the area and bandage it up; however, he couldn’t find a doctor that could replace it.

He knocked on the door to the office of the new leader, Corvus. As he entered, he was happy for the yagh’s promotion. He slightly knew him when he joined and heard he got in trouble, but he must have done some good work to be in the seat.

“Corvus…nice to see you again…I don’t like to ask, but I need your help. This matter is impeding my work,” Merdan quickly said.

“Ever since the attack, the work has increased. However, I can’t find anyone to replace my left arm. I can build a bomb with one hand, but…tired of reaching for tools with left hand when nothing is there. I would…appreciate it.”

Merdan let out a huge breath as he finished. He wasn’t sure how the yagh would handle it, but he had no other choice.

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,20,,[/TCZ]Who is this guy?
Bippwatt
Posted: 07 September 2011, 10:41 pm

Hmm. Well, at least Corvus still has his head. I would indeed hate having to clean the blood out of the carpet.

She watched the almost impossibly beautiful woman come out of Corvus' office and seat herself at a tall table.

Yeah. This is not a smart idea, Miyako., one corner of her brain thought as she gauged the woman at a distance, then made a Gin and Tonic. Everyone likes those, right?

Well, just cause she hop nobs with the uppity ups doesn't mean she'l bite your head off, right?, another part of her brain insisted.

True, but it's still not a good idea! YOU HEAR ME?! NOT A GOOD IDEA!, that corner of her brain railed. But it did no good. Miyako slunk over to the table with the Gin-n-Tonic. She slid a napkin on the table and set the glass right in front of Isabel

"On the house, ma'am.", she murmured and let her eyes lock with Isabel's for a few moments too long, then she walked away again, sliding back behind the bar and popping out the few beers, liquors and other drinks that had developed in her absence, with a professional touch.

One man reached for a drink, but Miyako's hand flashed out and closed over the top of the drink.

Her eyes bored into his and he looked away, pulling out a credit chit to pay for his drink. Miyako put it in the chit locker and smiled. Then, her gaze stretched across the room to Isabel again.

She smiled and turned away again.

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,18,,[/TCZ]

-Character Compendium-
user posted image
user posted image
^Now Grade D!^

I shall crush them in the name of the god emperor Plum, Rahnk'strunk'ampetronkilanshatruallandansaludin'trannathrakhbutin'anaalshutan!
Makarov in the C-Box.

Onar
Posted: 08 September 2011, 01:33 am

Big Tough Krogan

Corvus was just settling into his chair and working on a few status reports of his work when he heard a knock at the door and a Salarian came in....well...not JUST a salarian, this one he recognized. It was their explosive expert. He reminded himself that Salarians had those....STG group things....so he probably knew a thing or two about working in a team...

He listened to Merdan's appeal for a new arm. It obviously would make for a pretty bad work ethic if he didnt have a replacement brought in and put on him. Well, he had to do it, so he scratched his chin a moment before peeking at some of their files on individuals with cybernetics experience. Well, he notices someone, he'll have to make the arrangements when he can. now came the bigger part of the question.

"Alright Merdan....i hear your complaint and understand, if i had lost my arm i'd want to do something about it too, because it would cut into my work as well. We do have at least one or two doctors in the Bacalou who may assist...and we do have our Doctor here, but i dont think he'd have much experience with cybernetic arms...i think we DO have someone not that far who could help. The only question is money...i need to know if i am going to need to spot you the credits for it, or if you have enough saved away for one of those rainy day situations."

--------------------
my characters

user posted image
Kudaria
Posted: 09 September 2011, 07:49 am

Commander

"I will. I shall be present in this area should you want to find me."

Junko quickly bowed as the other woman did and then straightened; she was not quite certain where the bar that Corvus-san had referred to was exactly, but hopefully it would be immediately recognizable to her when she saw it.

Fortunately Junko was correct; upon stepping out of the yahg’s office she looked around the area of the Green Skull and spotted the bar mainly by the patrons seated around its expanse. Behind the bar could only be the Miss Miyako that Corvus had instructed her to see. Instead of doing so immediately however, Junko did something quite unlike her, she moved over to the side of the room and simply observed the room.

Change, change, change… she wasn’t used to so much of it within such a short period of time. Her life up until now had been very regimented, first during her early childhood training to be a courtesan and then just as much so by Ekio-sensi and Kiyoshi-sensi as they taught her the skills she needed to serve Hiroshi Baba-sama and the Sumiyoshi Union Yakuza. Ten hour training days often followed up by more hours of training on her own, broken only once a week once she was older to let the trainees go out on their own and watch a movie or eat somewhere besides the training hall. She was not used to all these aliens or the unfamiliar architecture and smells of Omega Station. Still, Junko had been trained to be obedient and loyal and that was what she would continue to be.

The yakuza assassin pushed herself away from the wall she had been leaning upon and began to make her way over to the bar only to see her intended target slip out from behind it with a drink in hand. Junko watched in some bemusement as the asian woman left the bar and headed toward where she had just come from moments ago. Before Junko could even determine whether or not to follow, the woman returned and slipped behind the bar counter once again.

Though she was curious about why the woman had left, Junko knew that was not her purpose here, so she put it out of her mind as she walked up to the bar. There she waited as the other woman dealt with a customer before trying to catch her attention, "Miyako-san, I am Junko. Corvus-san sent me with instructions to assist you." That said in Japanese, Junko bowed to the other woman in polite greeting.

(Junko is wearing form fitting matte black light armor with armor plating over the usual places, think the Chinese stealth armor in Fallout3. Visible weapons would be a pistol, and a tanto, though a close examination of the thicker armor at the arms would reveal where bo-shuriken and hira-shuriken are concealed.)

--------------------
Bippwatt
Posted: 09 September 2011, 12:48 pm

Miyako smiled and dipped down slightly in her own bow. "Hmm. I think you might be able to assist me with a slight problem I have been noticing, Miss Junko" She also spoke in Japanese. She was, after all, fluent in at least three languages. If she knew it, she always attempted to speak to someone in their own language.

She noted the carefully hidden weapons and smiled. She only had notice because she had so much experience doing the same, although at the moment, the only weapon she carried was her pistol and that was displayed quite plainly on her hip.

She continued. "If I could get about two hours of your time, say...later tonight?...I can wrap a loose end up quite easily.", she continued, still speaking in Japanese. Almost with a portion of her brain that was to small to notice, she wondered if the woman spoke English.

Her raised eyebrow obviously indicated that she awaited the fellow assassins' response.

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,18,,[/TCZ]

-Character Compendium-
user posted image
user posted image
^Now Grade D!^

Makarov in the C-Box.

actionhero555
Posted: 09 September 2011, 07:09 pm

1st Lieutenant

Member No.: 1,047

"Alright Merdan....i hear your complaint and understand, if i had lost my arm i'd want to do something about it too, because it would cut into my work as well. We do have at least one or two doctors in the Bacalou who may assist...and we do have our Doctor here, but i dont think he'd have much experience with cybernetic arms...i think we DO have someone not that far who could help. The only question is money...i need to know if i am going to need to spot you the credits for it, or if you have enough saved away for one of those rainy day situations."

Merdan froze at the question…it was a simple one, but something that always concerned him. Ever since joining, he did get paid some credits, but not a substantial amount. He was still living at the bar and rarely left for personal desires. He had some credits saved up for a home, but he was tired of the lost limb syndrome he was getting. His arm was there, but every time he reached for something…it wasn’t there.

“I’ll give you what I can Corvus…I’m not sure if I can meet all of it though. If not…I continue to offer my skills and whatever else the Bacalou needs. It’s all I can do.”

He was still unhappy with the situation, but what other option did he have.

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,20,,[/TCZ]Who is this guy?
Kudaria
Posted: 12 September 2011, 04:30 pm

Commander

"Hmm. I think you might be able to assist me with a slight problem I have been noticing, Miss Junko. If I could get about two hours of your time, say...later tonight?...I can wrap a loose end up quite easily."

The welcome sound of her native language brought a brief smile to Junko's lips. She inclined her head toward the other woman, "My humble skills are at your service when you require them Miyako-san.”

Junko hesitated for a moment before inquiring, "If you do not need me until the time you spoke of, is there a dojo nearby where I may practice?"

She hoped that Miyako said yes, she wasn't used to doing nothing while waiting for the time to begin a mission. One practiced, prepared, or depending on the timing ate or slept and then prepared.

--------------------
Bippwatt
Posted: 12 September 2011, 05:48 pm

"Not... precisely. There is an arena, however, it is more...multi-form. It's where I learned my hand-to-hand. I find it suitable."

Miyako suddenly had a thought of her opening her own dojo and almost laughed at the image. But then again....so many grunts lacked the hand-to-hand skills they ought to have. But she could teach them. Having the title Renshi in Kendo and an acknowledgement from the most powerful practitioner of coup de vitesse for having defeated him in the form.

With those two, she could make a deadly force of sword-wielding soldiers. She would have to think on that.

"As a matter of fact, I was just about to hand the bar over to Jones." She points with her thumb behind her at the man just now coming out of the back. "I'll show you the way. I could use some brushing up myself. This office job has me going soft."

--------------------
[TCZ]Male,18,,[/TCZ]

-Character Compendium-
user posted image
user posted image
^Now Grade D!^

Makarov in the C-Box.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2059 seconds | Archive

User Legend
Spectre | Keepers | Justicars | Vanguards | Executors | Agents | Officers | Soldiers
Affiliates
RPG-D Free Domain Name - www.YOU.co.nr! Guns and Glory Ever More Heroes X-Men Redemption City X Dragon Age: Requiem Legend of Zelda: Exoria