|· Rules · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
| Welcome to Manage Meniere's UK Support Group. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, use of the Library and access to Employment Questions. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will receive a validation email in order to complete registration.
Join our Community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Aug 15 2012, 09:37 PM
Member No.: 153
Joined: 4-June 12
I am asking this question because I feel a little in the darkness with this MD and I want to know what the other peoples experience could be like,
Mine experience with this is like ;
1. Started in late 07 with some heavy vertigo and a feeling of what is this!
2. It was going on for approx 2-3 weeks on a daily basis with this spins before it stopped,
3. Free of sympthoms until mai 09, when I experienced the boat-feeling with the everything moving slowly around.
4. Free of sympthoms again until september 10 when it mainly was all the time until december 11 where it hit climax where I was brought to the hospital and they finaly concluded that this was MD.
5. Got a grommet in my left ear januar 12, this was a new world to me, as it turned out that I also had water inside my ear.
6. since january I had light MD appearing 3 times, but I can go on with it if it not progressing to be worse. Also feeling a little off-balance, and cant turn my head to quick because things are not staying in focus then as I turn head.
I have also nearly lost my hearing on the affected ear.
Thinking back now and reading what people say about their MD, I really think I had it for many many years before it broke out in 07.
Posted: Aug 16 2012, 04:38 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 5-February 11
I think many people will relate to your 'timeline'. Whilst we are all individual in the way this started and the speed at which it progressed I thing many of us can look back and say' you know, I think I have had this for years'
Glad to hear the grommet is giving you some relief. The grommet may well drop out of it's own accord but if it has helped they may fit you with a more permanent type of grommet,a T-tube. These don't fall out as easily and provide a direct port for steroid or gentamicin injections should they become necessary.
Some people get long remissions where life is more bearable until sometime in the future it all kicks off again.
Posted: Aug 16 2012, 11:00 PM
Member No.: 14
Joined: 9-February 11
I also think mine started earlier than originally thought, but the first I was really aware was in the summer of 2002...started having sharp, stabbing pains in my head, blurred vision, vertigo - the works. This was on and off for quite some time, but during the days when I felt OK I had very little imbalance. Gradually this swapped around, so now I get only maybe 12-15 bad spins a year, but pretty much permanent imbalance. Hearing loss in both ears. Have a T-Tube - my second.