Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Manage Meniere's UK Support Group. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, use of the Library and access to Employment Questions. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will receive a validation email in order to complete registration.
Join our Community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bppv, Todays appointment
Fatima Y
Posted: May 21 2012, 08:32 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 126

Hi everyone.
I hope you are all well and finding some time of remission (if thats the right word) I went to the York Dizziness and balance clinic today. The staff are super and explain everything. The official diagnosis will not be released for 2 weeks plus as the cases are discussed at a meeting then we are notified at the same time as the GP's. Most of you know I have had an horrendous 3 months with no real name on what has been wrong with me. The GP suspected Menieres and certainly I had all the symptoms. Today I was told it may be Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo and along with the test had a Epley manoeuvre. In itself it was a bit unpleasent as my head had to be moved through different positions in what i thought was very fast and i felt really sick for a period of time. Also I was shaking, (my whole body) whilst I did the walking balance tests (that was before the Epley) I was advised to stop my medication (Serc,Buccastem). Nobody could explain the severe pain I get behind both ears, so intense it makes me cry, or the shaking. I have had that pain all day today and have it most days. I also have tinnitus every day, have drops (falls) and extreme vertigo that goes on for 20 minutes plus sometimes. Happy days all and best wishes
Fatima x
Barbara
Posted: May 21 2012, 08:45 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So pleased to hear you had a good experience here as it is where I will go if I need to go back to ENT.
BPPV would be the best result as although the Epley may need to be repeated it can control the vertigo. Were you advised to sleep well propped up tonight whilst the crystals settle?

The pains behind both ears are not usual MD symptoms so a bit mystifying.

Fingers crossed for the results in a fortnight.

Barbara x
Fatima Y
Posted: May 21 2012, 09:21 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 126

Hi Barbara, Thanks for your reply. Re the diagnosis, I feel so much better knowing there is a reason for most of my symptoms and its not me going mad, although it almost sends me mad at times. Yes I was told to sit up tonight and certainly it makes a lot of sense, I really cant thank the York staff enough. Highly recommend them to anyone who needs their service. Yes wait now for something official I guess and they might recommend any treatment I need. I almost laughed when they told me to stop taking the medication. Hopefully I will stop rattling now. With other medication I take I had to have 15 tablets a day, I hate them at the best of times. Re the ear pain, They said I might be referred to ENT to find the cause. Will keep you informed. I am still signed off sick from work too. Take care
Fatima x
« Next Oldest | General Meniere's Disease Topics. | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0641 seconds | Archive