Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Manage Meniere's UK Support Group. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, use of the Library and access to Employment Questions. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will receive a validation email in order to complete registration.
Join our Community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Scds Surgery Update, A bit of everything
hayley
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:41 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

Hey everyone just a quick update as I can only spend ten mins on my iPad before my eyes go all doollally..ai had my surgery to repair the scds and the actual procedure went very well I went in on the 19 th went down to theatre at ten and was coming around by three thirty,I had a huge wadding on which they took off after four hours and then discharged me even though there was a lot of blood oozing from the eardrum.the reason why I couldn't stay was there were no beds available
.i came home that same evening only to have quite a bad night pain wise and a lot more blood oozing..
Barbara I rang the ward and the told me to go to my local accident and emergency..I took all the sheets from my hospital discharge and luckily for me the same wonderful doc I've had in the past when I was rushed in was on duty..He was really angry that they had discharged me and rang Manchester after fitting an Iv and pumped me with morphine..Then explained that they wanted me back in Manchester so he called an ambulance who blued and towed me back to accident and emergency dept.i arrived forty five mins after and one of my surgeon s arrived to see sort me out,he set up antibiotics through Iv as my temp w high and blood pressure low..I was then put on emergency surgery ward where I was regularly being observed and every four hours through the night they were topping my morphine up..
The next day when my surgeon came round he was surprised that they did not keep me in and that having no beds w no excuse.
I am happy to say I'm now home on bed rest for the next week,I've not to lie flat,blow my nose etc..Too soon to tell if the op is successful,I have facial numbness tingly tight itchy sensation in may skull left side of face,my jaw is tight and painful,but on the whole happy the glitch is out the way..
Hopefully when I recover can start to see how bilateral menieres will really affect me,but for now taking it one day at a time..
Thinking of you all x x x
Barbara
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:18 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Blimey Hayley you don't do things by half do you!!
I was astounded that they had discharged you so early after a neuro op. Glad you rang them as you suggested and I guessed as you had gone quiet on Fb you were back in and rightly so. I think I would be be making noises about being discharged so early and I think your surgeon should be too because I don't think he would have planned to let you go so soon.

Glad to hear all is now well and you are back home and on bed rest. I know it is boring but please do as you have been told and stay put or I will personally come and tie you down lol.

I am sure it will all have been worth it in the end and as you say you can then address the MD.

Take care.

Barbara x
hayley
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:38 PM

My doctor rang me today he had received a lot of information about me and wanted to see how I was getting on,he has wrote a prescription for buccastem and more pain meds,has told me to bed rest for a full week and made me an appointment to see him in two weeks time,by this time I'm hoping to see some differences with symptoms..
I have left sided facial numbness and my ear is numb and my jaw has gone extremely tight,a ll normal signs of healing and should return to normal by the time I see my gp..
I will bed rest I promise Barbara..lol.
Much luv to you all x x
Barbara
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:29 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Hi Hayley,
Good to know your GP is looking after you well. Take the pain meds without a second thought if you need them.
Take care.

Barbara xx
sharon
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:11 PM

Trusted Member

Member No.: 3

Oh my gawd Hayley...what a kerfuffle!!
You have really been through the mill AGAIN!!
Really hope that this op is successful....and that after all you've been through, bilateral Menieres will be a walk in the park for you....(albeit a bit zig zaggy at times!!)
Listen to your doc's advice and take things easy.
Thinking of you and wishing you the very best
Sharon xx
Kath
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:01 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

Hi Hayley, that all sounds fairly horrendous about your discharge from hospital. I know they like to get people out as quickly as possible but that's plain ridiculous. HOpe you are now recovering and watching plenty of Jeremy Kyle, Cash in the Attic etc. Really hope this op reduces the severity of the symptoms you've been having and better days are ahead, take care, Kathxx
hayley
Posted: May 12 2012, 11:42 AM

Week three of r.ecovery and no improvements as yet,I have two new added internal noises from my throat and neck it's awful,everytime I swallow it's that loud I lose conversation.i find myself holding my breath to listen to someone talk..I'm tired and utterly exhausted with out system that so called there to help the genuinely ill..Barbara has put a message about what I'm going through,if you have any questions.please don't hesitate to ask..
Thinking of you all.much luv x x
sharon
Posted: May 12 2012, 09:08 PM

Trusted Member

Member No.: 3

Oh Hayley I am sorry to hear that you've not had any improvement yet. Is this the norm or should you have been doing better by now?
Sound pretty horrendous to be honest and after all you've been through too.
Hope things improve for you real soon
Take care
xxx
« Next Oldest | Chat | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0970 seconds | Archive