Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Manage Meniere's UK Support Group. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, use of the Library and access to Employment Questions. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will receive a validation email in order to complete registration.
Join our Community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Aaaggghhh!!!
Rigsby (TonyJF)
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 03:28 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 14

First GP visit since mine retired. Saw a locum. As well as discussing 'frozen' shoulder I asked for a referral to ENT. Told to contact main GP secretary. After 5 failed attempts got through. Told that was incorrect procedure but would speak to locum. Locum not in until today. Secretary calls back, says locum only recalls the shoulder problem, so no notes on file, so no referral, so have to go back and ask again!!!

How bloody infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kath
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:32 PM

Member No.: 8

Very infuriating Tony, and the frozen shoulder doesn't sound too good either. I don't know what I'm going to do when my GP retires (don't think it'll be that long). He's one in a million.
Hope you get your appointment with the ENT eventually.
take care, Kathx
Barbara
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 08:22 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I hate Locums. There is never any come back. Hope your shoulder thaws out soon Tony LOL
Barbara x
Rigsby (TonyJF)
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 10:22 PM

Thank you both. What with the frozen shoulder and a compressed nerve in my neck, I feel as if I should be ringing bells in Nostrodam.
sharon
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 10:52 PM

Trusted Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I remember you saying you were dreading your GP retiring.
Hope it's sorted soon. Is there any particular reason you want to go back to ENT?
Not that I'm being nosey or anything Quasimodo ;)

Esmerelda, Esmerelda....the bells, the bells....(or maybe it's just tinnitus :P )

Rigsby (TonyJF)
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 11:29 PM

Quasimodo...hmm, that rings a bell.

I want to go and have my hearing checked, have my T-Tube checked, and ask if they have any tinnitus therapies available.

I feel a bit lost without my old GP. She has been with my right from the start with this, could tell how I was feeling just by looking at me, knew when I needed time off to recharge my batteries.

The locum was arrogant and condescending. My daughter had to see her today, and those were her exact words, too.

Hope all is well with you, you old :witch:

:lol:
« Next Oldest | General Meniere's Disease Topics. | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0647 seconds | Archive