InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Madoka Magica. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

MADOKA MAGICA;;
"Puella Magi Madoka Magica" is a 2011 anime produced by SHAFT. It is about an average middle schooler, Madoka Kaname, who becomes caught up in a war between magical girls and witches when she finds a small animal named Kyubey who tells her that she ahs the potential to be a great magical girl too, along with her best friend, Sayaka Miki. However, Homura Akemi, the new girl at Madoka's school is dead set against it, despite being a magical girl herself. Guiding Madoka and Sayaka is the veteran magical girl, Mami Tomoe. Will Madoka make the contract, or not? Find out in "Puella Magi Madoka Magica"!

LINKS;;

MODERATORS;;
Admin Finale: Natsumi
Mod Cutlass:chimitsu
Mod Time: Homura Akemi
Mod Spear: Kyouko Sakura

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Don't you find Madoka a little annoying?
Homura Akemi
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 10:28 PM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

Group: Mod Time
Member No.: 3

At first I didn't mind her. She was like Nanoha, just more introverted. But now... She kinda whines. She is not helping but she is just watching and she begs to stop fighting.

Some spoilers ahead;

Since Mami's death, she wouldn't do anything but only thinking her loss. Sayaka thought about her too, but not that much.

But episode 6 was where she pissed me off for good. She grabbed Sayaka's soul gem without thinking and she threw it away. That could have costed Sayaka's life, so what would Madoka do?

I hope she improves later, hopefully to become mentally stronger.
Tres
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 11:03 PM

Human

Group: Human
Member No.: 6

I agree that thing she did in ep 6 was kinda dumb.

*SPOILERS AHEAD* maybe

I mean, even ignoring the whole Soul Gem business, what would've stopped Homura or Kyouko from just killing them anyway? With her gem gone, now Sayaka can't defend herself. In a weird way, the circumstances might've actually saved them.

But I cut Madoka some slack because she's a teenage girl. She isn't hardened like Kyouko or Homura. She was so content with her life that she considered using her wish to just be a magical girl. Suddenly, all these scary things are happening. And it isn't like "oh noes the witches are pulling pranks all over the city, I'll go fight them to get some xp and phat loot" People are dying.

If she suddenly became all heroic and accepted all the horrors she might have to face, that would be awesome. But I can't really blame her if she doesn't.
Homura Akemi
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:06 PM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

Perhaps, I understand that she has lived a good life with a good family. But if I remember correctly, Sayaka's life was also so good, yet she became heroic quickly.

But it's not only about Madoka's sensitive personality, it's also the fact that she gets into others business.
Natsumi
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:48 PM

Kyubey/Madoka is everyone's OTP
Group Icon

Group: Admin Finale
Member No.: 1

Well, personally, while sometimes she can be scared of everything, and doubts herself a lot, I don't really mind her. I know if I was in her position, I would act exactly the same. Her moment in episode 4 with the saving of the group suiciders convinced me of her worth<3
Wombat
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 01:52 PM

Human

Member No.: 7

I do think Madoka whines a lot, but in a way that I find realistic for that type of person in that kind of situation. When push comes to shove though, she is not a coward.

And in regards to the whole Soul Gem incident, there was no reason for her to believe that it was anything more then a transformation trinket. Throwing it was the only action she could take other then whining, putting herself in between the two girls, or contracting. So with those options and not knowing the truth of the Soul Gem, I respect that she acted and took the only choice she could make.
Tres
Posted: Mar 2 2011, 10:30 PM

Human

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Homura Akemi @ Feb 22 2011, 10:06 PM)
Sayaka's life was also so good

Well, there is Kyousuke. Madoka doesn't have anyone like him in her life.

QUOTE (Wombat @ Feb 24 2011, 01:52 PM)
And in regards to the whole Soul Gem incident, there was no reason for her to believe that it was anything more then a transformation trinket.  Throwing it was the only action she could take

My problem with it was it potentially put her and Sayaka in more danger. All she had seen Kyouko do is attack Sayaka, and Sayaka did explain to her that they were seriously trying to kill each other. Did Madoka think Kyouko would back off if Sayaka couldn't defend herself properly?
Homura Akemi
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 10:13 PM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

Also in episode 9, Kyouko showed much more interest about Sayaka compared to Madoka. I mean, alright, Madoka could have sign a contract with Kyubey and become one in order to save Sayaka but she was too scared once again. And Kyouko ended up sacrificing herself.

She hesitate so much, while she is surrounded by girls that take risks.
E.x.

- Mami; She was so faithful to her duty, she killed every Witch she detected without hesitation.

- Sayaka; She didn't think much, but she decided really quickly to become a Puella Magi to help Kamijo.

- Kyouko - She sacrificed herself to save Sayaka.

- Homura; She hasn't done that much, but she is helping the party whenever. And of course she is trying to prevent Madoka to become a Puella Magi.

But Madoka so far is only a spectator.
chimitsu
Posted: Mar 4 2011, 10:43 AM

to every last&
Group Icon

Group: Mod Cutlass
Member No.: 2

but I think that is what makes Madoka so much more believable. She isn't giving in to Kyubei. She is going by what she feels deep down and she knows that contracting will NOT do any good. This episode, she did step up to the plate. She has the other times too, but she is just very reluctant. Granted I get a little annoyed too by Madoka, but the positives definitely out way the bad for me. I can understand the angle she is coming from, and therefore I can't beat her down too much.
Homura Akemi
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 06:35 PM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

I was surprised that in the first timeline Madoka was actually cheerful. But I wonder how her personality changed in the later timelines, when she wasn't aware of the paradox.
Kyouko Sakura
Posted: Mar 11 2011, 07:40 PM

deus ex machina~
Group Icon

Group: Mod Spear
Member No.: 8

In the current timeline I do found her annoying, but when episode 10 showed the past, I loved Madoka's past personality better. Her determination is great and her strength is big. Maybe that's because of Homura's warnings that Madoka changed so much.
Homura Akemi
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 04:20 AM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

Yes, the past one was decent enough.

Which I still wonder, how her personality changed? Or is it because they are different timelines, so some things are altered in a way?
Kyouko Sakura
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 06:14 AM

deus ex machina~
Group Icon

QUOTE (Homura Akemi @ Mar 12 2011, 04:20 AM)

Which I still wonder, how her personality changed? Or is it because they are different timelines, so some things are altered in a way?

Because of the events connecting Homura, especially when she forced Homura to stop Madoka from making her wish. Homura travelled back in the time where Madoka is about to make her wish to Kyuubey, and when Homura killed him and warned Madoka, she changed from the always-battle-ready Puella Magi to a supportive and trustful human.

It could be implied that Madoka still remembers Homura, as seen in episode 8 with that strange static image and with Madoka saying that she felt that she knew Homura.
Homura Akemi
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 06:19 AM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kyouko Sakura @ Mar 12 2011, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (Homura Akemi @ Mar 12 2011, 04:20 AM)

Nope, it was because of Madoka, and after Homura experiencing and witnessing Madoka's death for four timelines. Homura felt that she was responsible so she changed herself.

No, no, I meant about Madoka. In Timeline A, we saw a cheerful Madoka, without hesitating to kill Witches. Brave as well.

But eventually, we see a Madoka similar to Homura's past self. So perhaps her remiscence about her past timelines has also to do with her personality change.
Kyouko Sakura
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 06:26 AM

deus ex machina~
Group Icon

And to think of it, Madoka's determination wavered too...

Half of the episode Madoka suffered, and another half it's Homura's...

If only Madoka remembered Homura earlier, it would have no worse progresses...But the past Madoka, she is more favorable than the current timeline one, I could say...
Homura Akemi
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 06:31 AM

eloquence;✿
Group Icon

That's what I wonder. But anyway, things are altered in each timeline... We see Mami's death being different, Kyouko's death the same... Still though, those were made through decisions & time paradoxes too.

It does not excuse how Madoka behaved different.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Skin by Jules of Outline

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2882 seconds | Archive