Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage -a PVP based Animal RPG. We accept all levels, from beginner to advanced, -we have NO WORD COUNT, a unique setting, world, and set up. Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage was created by animal role-players, for animal role-players, With a friendly staff, an easy to learn software, and a wide scale of diversity, we are ALWAYS welcoming new members to join our community. Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage.

Avg Temp : 60-95° F
Humidity : 40-80%
f Breeding : Yes
Birthing : Yes

Pred./Prey : 81:132
Food : EXCELLENT

WARNING - Poachers will be hunting

WARNING - Heavy Rain Season declared for Tropics and Eastern Fields! Flash floods imminent!

Attention, We've Moved!
http://xmarkofthewildx.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

View World Map

Sister Sites 2 Slots Open
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

New Poll

In Colder Waters [OPEN], First time with 1st person on here. >.>
Sojourner
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 08:31 PM

Newbie Helper - Quote Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Pack Leader
Member No.: 94

The thick scent of a wolverine could be found, wandering upon the arctic shore. It seemed to move like it was simply walking along, not caring where it was going. If one followed the thick, zig-zagging scent, one would come upon this magnificent beast. It was like a grizzly bear in miniature form. Plushy form, or something. It could be considered cute- on the farther side of the spectrum.

Speaking of spectrums, with the night young, the sun just setting behind this wolverine, it looked much like a comical image: A warrior, returning from fighting the enemy. But who was this enemy? Why did the hero come alone, and why with out a mark of the heat of the battle?

For this was not the hero, though one may call her that.

She was the beast of nightmares, with a honey coat and a white chest. Soft expressions and features covered her cryptic soul and the mind and body of a warrior....

Like hell I'm hero. I thought, smiling viciously. My fangs were slightly exposed, but what did I care? The sun was setting, beasts would be sleepy, and my gluttonous side could come out... As long as I caught enough fish. Then again, the chances of me catching any fish at all... very, very slim. You would think, 'A wolverine can't fish!'

You are absolutely right. This wolverine can't. But you bet I can try. I positioned myself not far from these frigid waters, delicate fear of the dark depths evident in my scent, I was sure. I waited a moment, but of course nothing came. I dropped my paws in, hoping something would come along and think it was bait.

Not likely, I knew. But still, a girl can try.

After a few moments, I pulled them out. Nothing doing, apparently. Shaking off the ice water and licking them furiously, I finally gave up; and turned away. I began to limp slightly, knowing that I was in deep, deep, deep shit.

This far from the 'home' I'd found with the other wolverine's, it would take several days journey from here to there. Even with the shortcut, my paws were hurting.

Oh, eff.

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 11:22 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Life was fine, The day was old...The fragile sun beaming over the horizon, As I spread my wings to greet the night... Soft colors flashed over my bronze feathers when they lifted to meet the sky, MAking a rainbow of light arc between my two tools of flight and a loft. Life had been hard on me, But today was perfect... An escape from modern day trauma. I pulled at the air currents, Reliving the pure joy of flight, Feeling the power of my wingbeats pound the air. My dreams and hopes wafted around my body as I soared, They weren't shattered today. I batted at the air, Lifting me higher and higher... The first stars of twilight struck into the suns rays, All the more brilliant masked with liquid fire. Why couldn't everyone share this moment? Why did they have to be stuck on the ground, As if glued by their thoughts and bodies. Only the divine knew...But one may think on it. The air grew frost around the edges, Signaling I was flying over a body of water... Fish. I tucked my head to my chest, Pinned my wings to my body and dove...The world only giving a flashing view of where I might land. In the river- My wings spread and caught the air at the last second, I reached out my talons and skimmed the water, Waiting for scales to brush my skin. Nothing felt, I took to the air again... Flying higher and higher. I dived...But this time, I dived blind.

</div>

--------------------
The world is a pinprick of light, Sorrow and pain, 'A burning bright.

Lord Fear dances in the shadows, Black Death awaiting it's strike.

I fear to loose my mind, Yet i'm still waiting for some sign... If i'll be okay.

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 12:06 AM

Group Icon

Of course, I heard the beating of wings upon air. I heard the whistling as the bird dove, and I heard it's claws break the surface of water. But I wondered if it had come up empty. If it hadn't... hey, two meals in one. But if not-

I heard the whistle again, but this time it was farther from the water. I whipped around, looking around for this damn bird-

WHAM!!!!

The huge bird's wings clipped my rear end, and my body reacted rapidly.. and viciously. Without a thought, a loud growl erupted from my lungs, my lips pulled back to reveal my fangs, my ears pulled back, my tail went up, my claws erupted from their sheathes... And I whipped around again, this time to the other side. In a fury, the fact this bird dared to touch me... irked me. Greatly.

The water was liquid gold, and the feathers of this brutish male were a shining bronze. The snow was the purest white, but my pupils contracted to pinpoints of red, all resting upon this beast that dared to touch me. ME! The veritable queen of strength for a female; especially my siblings and my mother, for they were the only female's I'd met.

But there was time to think of them, and this- now- was not it. I raced forward, in the manner of a freight train, my muscles tensing, and I prepared to leap, to crush this bird when I brought it down. But instead, I swatted at it, roaring in frustation. I was not sure if I'd hit, but I slowed down, hoping for a reaction from the bird. Fleeing me sounded good, and fighting me was even better...

But then, maybe- somehow- the bird and I could be... companions? Acquaintences? For a short time, anyway. Until I'd gotten back to Tango's land?

Sounded good. Very good. I waited for him to touch down, or fly on.

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 12:28 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

I hit the ground, The wolverines blow sending feathers tinged with red floating to the ground...It wasn't a big wound, Only a scrape...And given their reputation, I was surprised. "Must you do that?" I kept my calm, Even though my yellow eyes simmered with black anger. Black as the oil in the bay, Black as night-water. My talons stretched, Burying into the ground... My beak snapped but I didn't move, Not yet... Curiosity was much to powerful for one bird to handle. My eyes glowed as I looked down upon her, Her body was near my size, But my wings could take down a full-grown wolf...So I spread them, High over my head, Waiting for her next move... If it was one of danger, then-WHAM- She would most likely get very dizzy. If it was one to satisfy my curiosity, Like a tick in my brain...Then I wouldn't harm her... Unless she would strike after. My wings twitched with my heartbeat, Powerful and strong...My finest possessions. And yet, They never struck...All I could do, Would do..Was wait.

</div>

--------------------

I fear to loose my mind, Yet i'm still waiting for some sign... If i'll be okay.

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 12:48 AM

Group Icon

"Must you do that?" The bird- I guessed a male- cawed. Eagle, perhaps?

"Well, mister, if you'dn't knocked into me... I wouldn't smacked you, kapeesh?" I snapped, watching as he raised both wings. They looked to be a good six or seven feet wide, and the scrape I'd caused- I would've broken the wing had he not been flying- was hidden.

I was not planning an attack, but if he decided to attack me, I'd attack him. I guess the feelings of apprehension were mutual, and a tense stand-off flickered by, a few moments of silence. Of us sizing each other up, waiting for a move. When none came, she snorted.

"Mighty impressive, you gonna follow up your bark with a bite?" I deadpanned.

The wings had an affect: my body calmed down, tensing up not for offense but defense. It was clear this display was going towards the fear objective, or the threat one- and it was definitely not an empty one.

My claws stayed put, but my ears went back and my tail followed suit. I stepped back some, waiting.

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 09:06 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Your point is obvious, But I don't really care how it happened..." My wings relaxed somewhat, Folding unto my body, But remaining slightly aloft, Ready for quick defense.. This was going back and forth, She'd back..I'd back..Blah Blah, Again and Again. Stroked my nerves it did. Her next words came as a lesser shock, My eyes sparked at that."Yes... If you do the same." I waited not for a replay pumping my wings skyward, I took to the heavens, Anger smothering the joy that came with each furious wingbeat. I caught the current and circled overhead, Pinpointing the precise point to dive, This time, I aimed for her.

</div>

--------------------

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Jul 10 2011, 01:57 AM

Group Icon

((Going back to 3rd, it's easier. :3))

"Your point is obvious, But I don't really care how it happened..."

"Mighty impressive, you gonna follow up your bark with a bite?"

"Yes, if you do the same."

The almost molten-colored bronze eagle rose up, circling before aiming for Aratania. Tania snorted, rolled her eyes, and batted him away, in the manner of a morose cat batting away a ball of yarn. As she deterred his course, Tania also unsheathed her claws a bit, to give the extra "oomph" to the bat, and to prove she would defend herself, and if necessary, eat him.

"If your finished trying to peck me, buddy, I'd like to say that, no, I am not going to attack you. Self-defense, blah blah blah." Tania waved her paw in a off-hand manner. "And so... the second attack was pointless,"

Her tone was scathing, her eyes cold. Tania sat, the picture of ease, but her muscle beneath her honey fur were tensed.

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 03:03 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

TRAUMA The air was a rush under my wings, I glided slowly around and next to her. My wings folding themselves softly against my body. My talons screamed against the ice as I landed, Digging in once my weight returned to its balance. My side did hurt where she had hit me, But i wasn't about to show it. My calm was impressive, But under my feathers, As I was sure that too, Under her fur..My muscles were as tight as steel. "One of my faults, Is temper lass." My humor to my own inside joke was silent, Rather than offending her, I chose a subtle threat, A warning. Anchored unto a small insult, One that shouldn't perceive a reaction...If it did, Then hopefully, It would be the one I was looking for... Agitation. It was obvious she wasn't to be moved from her stand, But it would still be amusing to see her fluster at something she could do nothing about, As she did tell she wasn't going to attack. So I, Was hopefully, Safe. But the real question was...Could I use this sticky situation to MY advantage? If so, I knew just how to do it. "Truce?"

</div>

--------------------

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 11:27 PM

Group Icon

"One of my faults, is temper lass."

"And one of mine," Her expression was cold, she heard the subtle threat. But had she not just smacked him away, around? -Had she not just shown that she was not afraid of him? And he thought, by merely threatening her, he would illicit some reaction? He was horribly wrong then, for Tania did not fluster, or embarrass. She was a hunter, a fighter, a warrior. Not some damsel for the world to have its way with.

"Truce?

So, he thought he could worm his way to safety, did he? Threaten her after she promised not to hurt him, and then tries to make a truce? Did he not know of the power in each and every one of Tania limbs? Did he not know the spirit of a wolverine never ended until their last moment? Did he not?!!

“It would degrade me, and my kind to even think one of us would want to have a Truce with one of another species, unless, of course it’s to our advantage.” Tania spat, glaring at him. “But, then again, it might be useful. If, of course, you want to deal with us wolverines,” Tania gave him a meaningful look. “Do you have anything against wolves?” If he did, that was a good thing. Because then… then the pod would welcome him—or so she hoped. An eagle who could help scope out the wolves? Help fight them? That was a useful situation to be in.

“If you do… then perhaps the Truce could go forth… If not…” And Tania’s stomach growled at that precise moment, and she gave the eagle a cold smile.

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 10:11 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

TRAUMA Dealing with wolverines? I was fine with it, Especially if it meant tearing apart a certain wolf that was getting on my nerves. But life was never meant to be easy, It would be near impossible to defeat the wolf by myself...But with a couple of wolverines? Interesting idea. As for her tone and threats, i did nothing about it, It just wasn't worth mentioning really. There was only one thing to stop me...That one promise. That cursed pile of words I was forced to relay, Maybe even as my last words. Could I get in contact with the wolf without triggering this? Targeting his kin and letting the devil bears take care of him for me? That also, Was quite interesting... "I have held a grudge against wolves for a long time." Revenge may be petty, But it was as sweet as a fresh kill. "I will ally with you if your kind agree to help me deal with a certain black wolf."

</div>

--------------------

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 02:01 AM

Group Icon

"I have held a grudge against wolves for a long time. I will ally with you if your kind agree to help me deal with a certain black wolf."

So he did have a grudge against the wolves, did he? All the better. All the more delicious. Inclining her head ever so slightly towards the snow, and then up again, if one looked long enough, it became obvious she was nodding slowly. A cold smile- more like a sneer- rose up and her eyes became like frozen honey. "Considering my stance as practically the mate of the man in charge... I would gladly accept such a thing. If we both grudge against wolves, why not avenge? Revenge is beneath some, but in others it is a way of rising above. Forgetting the past and embracing the future. Tell me, who is this wolf? Is he in the Borean pack under that idiot white male or is he... rogue?" Rogues were easier to deal with, easier to kill. They brought no pack retaliation, no snap backs or repercussions. Just a simple battle to the death and then you got up and washed the blood off. A lot less messy then those turf wars the two species had been getting into.

"I have... friends. An entire pod behind me." Or at least behind Tango, who's behind me... literally. And 'pod', if you loosely define it... "I'm sure help from a flier such as yourself would work out well. So, as long as you promise to help us rid the wolves of our land,"

Tania coughed, embarrassed slightly by the admission of truce that she was going to say, "I promise to uphold a Truce with you. The entire pod will kill the black wolf, if need be. So," -Tania cleared her throat- "I will uphold a truce with you, so long as we both meet our needs to destroy the wolves. Once the wolves are finished, we move on and go our own ways. But you will have the... er... (another cough) gratitude of us wolverines." Tania choked a bit on the word, then shook herself out and stood up with more of an air then before. "Wolverines Honor."

She scoffed internally at her own choice of words. Wolverine's had no Honor, only to their family-most of the time. But she hoped he would at least get her point.

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 06:22 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"From what I have heard and seen, This wolf is rogue... But I can not be entirely sure." I had hopes he would be rogue... No backup, No problem... But what about that one female? I doubted one of her size would pose a problem though. " I promise, As I have always vowed... I will rid the wolves of the land..Forever." Yes...A truce. How this could work in MY favor was very clear, as to WHY they wanted the pups gone...It was still foggy. But then again, That word AVENGE came up... " You and your kind need not be grateful to me, All I want is him and his kind killed, Then I will be sated." Unlike most of what i've seen of the devil-bears, I had honor...A little too much honor actually, " Eagles honor." The day flashed back to me in an instant, My eyes fogged over slightly and grew icy... "He calls himself Turn." Reality hit me in the face, You could almost see the rage in my aura, And thats why...I had never spoken his cursed name until...Today.

</div>

--------------------

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 04:54 PM

Group Icon

"From what I have heard and seen, This wolf is rogue... But I can not be entirely sure.I promise, As I have always vowed... I will rid the wolves of the land..Forever."

Tania stood, her nodding in acknowledgement. Her ears were forward, tail up, but claws were hidden and teeth not exposed. Asserting her dominance -not over the eagle, but anyone who could see her. Her eyes sparkled with pleasure, this was unfolding better then she'd hoped. Of course, they would feed their new friend- keeping him from perhaps starving or getting killed... and to keep him happy... if he chose to fend for himself, that was fine too. He was aerial vision on their accursed enemy. He answered her question, turning the situation for the even better.

"You and your kind need not be grateful to me, All I want is him and his kind killed, Then I will be sated. Eagles' Honor."

"Not my kind, my Pod. But it is good to hear he is rogue- or close enough. His friends -if he has any- will either be killed or severely wounded and they most likely won't bother anyone again... if they survive the attack." Tania's tail sweeped, left to right, and then stood still. "What is his name?"

"He calls himself Turn."

"Turn? That's... I heard of him, I think. Big, black, killed his father for Borean before cast out by his own pack?" Tania's tone was colored with disgust, her muzzle wrinkled in distaste. The brute was supposedly cast out by his own pack. The traitors. Nothing like that would ever happen in a Pod... unless, of course, the wolverine Failed the Test. The words sent a shiver up her spine. The Test. The only way to see if a wolverine was worthy of staying in his Clan, if he could prove himself by killing a fully-grown bull moose... then he was an adult, worthy of respect as a fully grown wolverine who could have a family. Of course, only the wolverines knew of this ritual.

"...Come, let us discuss this further as we walk. My...den is over the mountains, it took me a while to come here and I should be getting back. We can discuss the matters as we walk... er, fly. Now, my first concern is where you're going to find your food. I'm sure you can hunt for yourself, but if you want to share the carcass -that is if you don't mind sharing with us- then I'm sure you could. But if you want to hunt for yourself, that's fine."

--------------------
WolfSilver
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 06:05 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Good.." I wanted not just Turn killed, I wanted all of them dead. Charred and rotting in the snow, Yes, that sight would be one for sore eyes. I did have mercy, I wouldn't ever kill a female, Unless provoked. But, when it came to wolves...I didn't care. I would kill them like prey, I would do EVERYTHING to taste their cursed blood, To watch it pool on the snow. Her words jerked me back to the present in a flash... My mistake, Your POD then". Wolverine terms were like butterflies to me, Almost impossible to catch. Her next sentence caught me off guard, It did surprise me, I never did put that wolf beneath such things, But to kill his father? Wasn't that a little...Much? "I have no proof it is the same wolf, But I wouldn't be surprised." Yes, it DID surprise me.. But I knew i couldn't put Him beneath this. As for food, Any way I was fine with... " I am fine with any arrangement considering food." My wings opened, Testing the slight wind, "Shall we be off?"

</div>

--------------------

If this is really right.
Sojourner
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 06:50 PM

Group Icon

"I have no proof it is the same wolf, But I wouldn't be surprised." The bird's gaze held her own, but Tania heard a faint note of doubt in his tone. Her face, before clouded with distaste curved into a wicked smile, and she savored her next thought, He's lying.... Ignoring the sentence, however, she flicked her ears forward and curled her tail over her spine, stretching it out and showing dominance. It was an automatic response, something she would have down regardless of other wolverine presence or not. Tania turned, looking back the way she came with her body, but eyes still on the eagle. She still didn't trust him, truce or no.

"I came here from there," She pointed to the mountains with a thrust of her muzzle, eyes reluctantly turning away from the bronze eagle towards the peaks. Atop the faraway land, Aratania thought she spotted vultures circling, waiting for their next meal. That's ridiculous! It's too could here for vultures! Tania snapped to herself, reprimanding the part of her brain that created irrational fears. Besides, what does a vulture have against a wolverine? The wolverines are KINGS of the tundra. The vultures are just theiving subjects in a different land! Tania's eyes flickered towards the eagle's unemotional face -bird always have unemotional faces, it's frustrating- and back towards the mountaintop in a heartbeat.

"I am fine with any arrangement considering food." For just a moment, one single moment, the thought flashed through Aratania's head. Tania imagined saying it to the eagles face, but quickly dismissed the idea. Fine, then, hunt for yourself! If she said that, then the truce would probably be forfeit and the eagle would either leave or attack her. Opening her maw, she spoke different words.

"Fine then, I suppose you can feed with us. The Pod will dislike having to hunt for both themselves and for you, even if you are helping them. -We are not a very giving species." Tania spoke, her face averted from the eagle's, smirking slightly as she looked the otherway, hiding her face. Nuke would snap the bird's neck first change he got, if he had to follow my orders to hunt extra. And Tango would probably be pretty annoyed, thinking more of the cons of having the bird -less mating, more hunting... Tania assumed, then chastised herself, Don't go making assumptions! It got you in deep shit before, it'll do the same again!

"Like I said, the Den is thataway, probably half the night's journey away. I spent half the morning walking this way, so after we get over the mountain, I'll sleep for a few hours until morning. That fine with you?" The bird didn't answer, only opened his wings to test the air. He did all those bird things that the eagles do to make their take off spectacular when they'ren't in a rush.

"Shall we be off?" Tania rolled her eyes slightly, watching him prepare himself for flight.

"Yeah, let's go." A wicked smile replaced her somewhat blank face. "Race you to the top!" -It was childish, very childish to say such a thing, cubs raced eachother....and on occasion the fully grown wolverine. But she was a wolverine, the KING of the tundra. Her claws were made to slice and tear, her teeth made to rip apart meat -frozen, rotten, dead or alive. Her hearing heard the moose's feet hit snow far off, and her eyes -though made only for night vision- gave her exceptional precision of kills. Her coat kept the snow from melting under her, and she rarely was wet. So this thing, this asking the eagle to race her was nothing big. She could run up the top of 49,000 vertical feet in 90 minutes.

Without another second to wait, Tania leaped forward, using the wolverine's signature lope: pushing off with both hind feet and then front, she used little effort while going a nearly constant 4 mph.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

New Poll

Affiliates

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0960 seconds | Archive