Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage -a PVP based Animal RPG. We accept all levels, from beginner to advanced, -we have NO WORD COUNT, a unique setting, world, and set up. Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage was created by animal role-players, for animal role-players, With a friendly staff, an easy to learn software, and a wide scale of diversity, we are ALWAYS welcoming new members to join our community. Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage.
- Guide for New Members
- Researching and Developing your First Character
- What are the levels?
- What is Prey?
- What is a Predator?
- Understanding What a PvP Game is
- What is a Club/Fang Law (CFL) Thread?
- Casting Judgement
- What Can I do if I die?
- Reporting Power-Play
- My Territory Claim has been challenged!
- How do I form a Pack?
- How do I find a mate?
- How can I produce offspring?
- Prey Statis
Greetings, and welcome to the Mark of the Wild: The Savage LineageRoleplay Support Forum, designed not only to assist you in getting better with those posts, but also designed to assist you with becoming what we call a "Master of the Wild". This forum was designed specifically for this site and this site alone, to assist you in your progression through the site. Thus, some of the information listed here will not really assist you on other sites.
Mark of the Wild was founded in 2003 by Rondney Schwien (Kaoko), Courtney White (SHADOWRAVEN225) and myself, -Scott Eriksen (Naxx) in an effort to bring about the most realistic experience ever brought to the roleplaying community. Where members are unable to overlook the natural environment, and the threats that may dwell in that environment. Gaining sponsors such as Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and Animal Planet - we strive to place members in a situation where every decision they make, every action they take, and every thought they comment -would have a consequence.
In Mark of the Wild, a member's character competes for survival against other characters. These characters can either be a Predator, who will try to kill you and eat you for food, or another Prey Character. Bare in mind, that both are characters, and can both have regular lives. Predators aren't just mean-lean, killing machines, they have lives to, just as the prey animals have lives. (More info in Understanding PVP)
- To instill ultimate realism into the roleplaying community
- To maintain a realistic environment
- To take over the world
- To become the most unique, yet realistic, Animal Site in the Roleplaying Community!
- To become a "Member-Run" RPG
- To Encourage Hunts
- To help us take over the world
A New Member....: All new members start out at Level I, which contains the most diverse number of species on the site. If you are having confusion as to what animals are available at this level, view this Helpful Graphic. If you are still having problems deciding what kind of animals you can use as a character at this level, simply ask the members in the cbox. There are more than willing to assist you, and are excited to meet new members.
Developing your first character can be a hassel, believe me, we all know. We've all done it before. Because Mark of the Wild is an All-Species RPG, members being limited to the creatures they can make by their level alone, there are virtually unlimited possibilities.
Why We have Two Forms: The reason we have two <b>Character Application Forms</b> is to allow members to make quick prey for a thread in need. If you view the Plot/Thread Request Board -some members have requested prey. A member may want to join but not have the character at hand. We've installed a second form, Administrators will refere to this as the "Quick Prey Access Application", or "QPAA" to allow members to make a prey character without taking the time to fill out a full application.
Mark of the Wild: The Savage Lineage has TWO Character Application Forms. One is for Predators, while the other is for Prey. Keep in mind that the forms are optional, but one MUST use the predator form for predators. If you are creating a Prey creature, you have the option of using either form to assist you in the development of your character.
We suggest that you simply create what appeals to you, but at the same time, consider the thought of making something that no one would ever think to create a character of. Consider the Pros and Cons that that animal may have against the other characters. Note that we don't make characters to die, we make characters to bring about a sense of adventure. Characters are being tested on their will to survive, not who can die the fastest.
LEVEL I ENTRY LEVEL Bottom of Food Chain Cost:( free, start here ) Revive Cost : 75 Rage Points
Upon entering, begin as a "bottom of the food chain" character. This character's primary purpose is to introduce you to the game. Staff have been instructed not to be strict, so don't worry about your character application too much. These characters can be herbivores, or small predators, and act as food for the larger animals.
LEVEL II - INTERMEDIATE LEVEL Intermediate Predator Lvl Upgrade Cost: 250 Rage PointsOR( Death of LVL I Char ) Revive Cost : 150 Rage Points
Intermediate Predators will include your wolves, birds of prey, and so on, and will take up the majority of the site's population. These animals hunt and kill LEVEL 1 Characters for food, will claim land, make packs, etc.
These characters will include big cats (eg, lions, tigers). These animals are extremely territorial, highly ferocious, pose a significant threat to all levels, and will hunt and kill creatures below them.
LEVEL IV - MASTERED Earth Walker/Thread of Mankind Lvl Upgrade Cost: 2,000 Rage Points Revive Cost : 550 Rage Points
Includes rhinoceros, bears, and elephants. You'll also gain access to the Poacher Account - which poses a threat to all characters on site.
Researching and developing a character is much easier than it looks. If you have found an animal that you consider to be a great possibility for you to use as a character, that's great! -But time to get smart!
How Many Characters am I Allowed to Make?: We have no limit as to how many characters that you can make. However, we strongly suggest that you make only as many as you can handle.
Remember!: The death of your Level I Character earns you a free promotion to Level II and 75 RAGE POINTS!
RESEARCH THE ANIMAL!
Try to learn as much as you can about the animal. How does it attack? How does it run? What climate does it prefer? How does it reproduce? -What it eats? -Does it live in groups, or is it a solitary creature? -In a group, who is the dominate gender, Male? -Or Female? How does it react to a threat? -Does it run, or does it stand it's ground and fight? -What are it's primary enemies? Who eats this character? And at what position is it in the Food Chain? What can it call it's Niche? Researching these elements will help you out in the long run.
CREATING THE CHARACTER
Now that you have the information that you need, it's time to creat the character and make him/her a reality. Simply use the form found Here and be on your way.
USING THE CHARACTER
Creating the character is one thing, using the character is another. While doing my admin duties on the forum, I've seen lots of characters being made, but members actually using them is a completely different story. Use Your Characters - Talk to members in the cbox to see if anyone would like to interact with your character. Maybe someone will want to hunt your character?
Prey is Important!: The predator Prey Ratio are quite important to the stability of the site. If there are more predators than prey, then a Famine will occure. If there is a state of famine at the end of the season, than it's GAME OVER for all predators.
It's your food! Your life source! Without prey, you are nothing, you are weak, and dying. Predators need food! Prey is the answer.
Prey are simply put, the food source to the predators. Without food, predators will starve to death in a state of Famine. In Mark of the Wild: The Savage Lineage - Predators will survive up to ONE season in famine, at the end of the season, if the pred/prey Ration do not exceed the number of predators, then all predators will die, think of this as a state of "GAME OVER".
A predator is anything that eats meat. It is important to bare in mind though that even Level I Characters can be predators, as they consist of both small animals, up to and including small carnivors.
In Mark of the Wild: The Savage Lineage you -as a character will have two options.
- By becoming a Prey animal, your primary plot is to avoid being eaten.
- By becoming a Predatory animal, you primary plot is to hunt and avoid starvation.
As a Predator, your job will consist of searching for food, and mastering the way of survival. Remember that on Mark of the Wild, "Mastery is Key"
You Can Starve To Death!:
If you're a predator, it is thus your primary plot to hunt and avoid starvation. However, if you do not hunt, you can actually Starve to Death It is important that you hunt at least once a month to avoid this fate.
"...Kill or be killed, eat or be eat, was the law; and this mandate, drawn out of the deptsh of the Time, yee must obey, or perish..."
Hunting is important to the survival of all predators on this site. If you do not hunt, you can and will starve to death. Mark of the Wild: The Savage Lineage permits you to attempt to hunt and eat other characters as you please, with-or-without the persmission of the character's owner, however, bare in thought that it is up to the sole deciding factor of the character's owner that decides the fate of his character. With this in thought, we strive to keep private threads to a minimum, because in the world of the wild, at any point and at any time, one can become dinner.
Also understand that the Character's Owner will most likely want to determine your will, he/she does have the option of fighting back, afterall, just like your predator, they too have a life, and are also endowed with a survival instinct.
Hunting is where Mark of the Wild can become rather interesting and is also where packs can get together and feast under the glory of their kill. A great way to instigate pack activity is to simply start a hunt, designate a prey in the Looking For/Plot Thread, and once you've acquired a possible prey, start your thread! A successful hunt means a star for your pack's leader and your hunting party.
Remember that no matter what kind of character you make, be it a predator, or a prey character; remind yourself and keep yourself at ease knowing that "Everything is food to something else" -it doesn't matter what position you are on the food chain, a LEVEL II can still kill a LEVEL IV for food. Remember that characters are not catagarized to their levels based on their strengths and weaknesses, but as to what their enemies are. A LEVEL I doesn't simply mean that they are weak, pathetic, and undeserving of a rightful place in the kingdom, and a LEVEL IV doesn't necessarily mean you're the strongest, toughest thing in the land.
Remember that hunts should be fun, and not taken personal. Of course, we don't encourage spam-hunting (the repeated hunting of the same character) but we do recomment that you hunt and hunt often!
The best way to keep the PRED/PREY count balanced is quite simple. For every Predator you make, create a Prey character, it only takes a moment of your time!
Understanding the Pred/Prey Ratio is quite important in order for you to succeed as a member here, and make it to the top without having to spend those valuable points to constantly respawn your character, particularly when you can be spending them on enhancements instead, such as territories, offspring, etc. In here, we're going to show you how to understand the pred prey ratio
FAMINE When Prey is less than Predators
Famines occure when there are more predators than prey. When this happens, predators will be competing against one another for food. If you make a kill, be prepared to defend it. You'll have the entire world coming down to try and take your kill. Be warned though, the remaining food source will deplete by the end of the season, and when this happens, it's game over for the predators.
THREATENED You're going to be quite hungry
In the state of threatened, this is when the accumilated value of prey is nearing that of the predators, this means that though there isn't a shortage, one is pending. Hunts are becoming more difficult, and when you have an entire ecosystem searching for food, hunts are going to be quite difficult. During a state of THREATENED it is recommended that you take the initiative and begin making prey as soon a possible.
EXCELLENT] You're going to get fat
A state of EXCELLENT means that there is enough to go around for everyone. Which means hunting and getting fat. This is the best time to start making them offspring, and looking for them mates, because there's more than enough to go around for the entire family. Hunts will be more than successful, and moral will be good throughout the pack.
PVP: (Player Vs Player) - is the limited use of NPCs (None Playable Characters) to fill in the rules of which real members can fill. In a PVP RPG, this induces further competition, members will rp with other members. This also limits the use of pre-plotting to make the game more interesting.
As you may have noticed, you didn't just join another play-by-post RPG, you joined a PVP RPG, (Player vs. Player) - in Mark of the Wild -one will compete for his survival, he will be tested in ways that no other RPG will test you. You will have to make decision that you will have once, never had to make on an RPG, and you will have to be the one to bare the consequences of these decisions, be them good, or even bad.
If you are a pack leader, you are endowed with the lives of your pack, their lives, and their wellfare are in your hands, if your choice, order, or command ends up hurting another member of your pack, group, etc; than needless to say, you will have to bare the consequences. Pack Leaders are ranked by the decisions they make on their pack pages. A good leader will have more stars than others, while a poor leader, (one who's decisions have cost pack members their lives) will have fewer stars.
Power-play? Trouble Maker? Tell Us.
Report trouble-makers and power play we may have missed submitting a PVP Support Ticket - An Administrator or PVP Moderator will be assigned to watch this topic until completion, and report revisions to be made, or force-edit at his/her own discretion.
Because we are a PVP RPG, we have strict no-Power-Playing Rules, this means that you cannot write in your present post any physical manipulation what so ever. Physical manipulation of the character is for the character's owner to decide. If Power-Play is detected in posts, an administrator will be assigned to the topic to review, and note revisions to be made, or forced-edited at his/her own discretion.
Because Mark of the Wild is a PVP RPG, in some cases -characters will die. There are numerous ways a character can die on Mark of the Wild, up to and including the following:
Characters Can Die Here
In Mark of the Wild: The Savage Lineage -Characters can die, death is simply part of the site. We ask that you don't take the death of your character personally. If you would like to continue using your character, simply purchase a respawn with the level appropriate to your character, and your character will be available once more. However, when your character die in a thread, and you purchase a respawn, please not that you can no longer post in the thread. This will confuse members currently participating in the same thread and cause problems.
• Being Hunted by Another Character - When you are hunted by another character (in most cases, a Predator) your character becomes their food. When you are hunted, this results in the death of your character. Bare in mind that you have the right to fight back! You can run, fight back and try to get away, that's what makes it fun. But in some cases, it doesn't work out to well and you end up dead.
&bull Being killed by a Poacher
• Being Killed by a Poacher/Hunter/Native - If you thought that animals were the only one on Alteria, think again. We got humans on here too! The local Native tribe on Alteria (The Omotocayian People) will hunt you -but preserve your spirit, using the elements that your body possesses to assist their way of living. Poachers will hunt you to add to their trophie collection, sell your skin, or even for sport. A local Hunter -either from the Mi'kia'jojo villiage will hunt you strictly for Food.
• Sudden Climate Change - Adapt or die... that is the messege bourn to us all by the wild and her ever changing world. The times change, so to does the weather. Some of us adapt faster than others, while there are some who just simply can't adapt at all. If this is the case, you you decide that your character wasn't able to adapt to the new weather, then he/she will have ben killed by the incrimate weather change.
• A Bad Hunt -So, you thought you could chase that herd of buffalo down the savannah, but they ended up chasing you instead? -Ending with you becoming a pancake in the middle of the savannah plains. It happens, not every hunt can be as successful as the last.
• Natural Disasters - Playing Chicken with a tsunami isn't the brightest idea in the book... but hey, we have to have fun somehow?
• Disease - Infectious/None-Infectious diseases are the way to go out with glory! -Take yourself out or a few others with you! I'm sure you'll never be forgotten after that one!
A CLUB FANG LAW board is our way of giving you ultimate freedom in your topic. Club/Fang means that anyone can join your topic, usually resulting in a battle between two or more creatures. This also means that all members participating within the thread have to use our PVP Table -which contains a health meter, and other stats that one is required to post with when participating in such threads.
Motives are Important!
When Administrators cast judgement to a CLUB/FANG Thread, they look for the motive of the fight to determine overall realism. Realism counts to the total cash-out of the thread.
Club Fang boards are our "Special Events" -Giving full freedom to whatever creature who may enter the thread. Because of this freedom, Club/Fang Boards cannot be made private. CLF threads allow the user to participate in a PVP match against another player, an all hands down -fight to the death scenario between two or more players for competion.
Players can compete for the following:
• Mates - When the breeding season comes around, finding the female of your species (should you have a male character) can be a challenge. Alot of the male species have to compete against another male for the right to mate and carry on their genes.
• Food - In Mark of the Wild, no meal comes free. Killing the prey is just a small step to feeding your family. You will also have to defend your kill!
• Territory -Most of the conflicts animals face in the wild is the intrusion of another competing member of the same species seeking to overthrow the other's territory. When soneone intrudes on your territory, they are not just passing through, they're there to overthrow you!
• Defending Your Family - the young are the future! -Protect them, otherwise your lineage will die out!
• Rank Challenge - No matter how good of a leader you may be, there will always be those who want the position you have. In wolves, it comes down to the right to mate, for the alpha pair are the only ones allowed to mate in a pack. Since we're using wolves as an example here, let's keep in mind that generally, rank challenges do not move to a motal fight, but are usually quick squabbles that are over in thirty seconds, but in the event that your character is very determined to get the position of power, this will be considered a realistic motive.
How Do I start a CFL Thread?
When you create a new thread, a Script built into the posting template will have several options, Topic Title is the name for your thread, Topic Description are the details for your thread. Under Topic Description -simply but down "CFL Thread"
When you enter a CLUB/FANG Law thread, please note that you could be entitling your character to either 1-) Certain Death, or 2-) Possible Injury; All participating members are required to use our PVP Table, which you can find further below. Please note that certain injuries will have a dedicated HP drop should you choose to land a blow on your character. Also note that you are limited to the amount of dodges you may take during a 2 post mark period. In Mark of the WIld you are entitled to 3 dogdes per 2 posts, and 4 attacks per 2 posts. -This is to keep things fair, and progressing throughout the thread. Bare in mind, however, that admins will continuously be overlooking these topics and searching for demaretts, such as -Power Play - God Modding - and Lack of Health Bar.
Injuries One May Gain
These are just a few of the injuries one may gain when participating in CFL thread, bare in mind that all participants begine with 100% Health
• Bites - 15-25% Drop in HP
• Bleeding - 3% drop every post
• Throat Bite 15-20% Percent Drop per post
• Lacerations10-15% Drop, to follow is a Bleeding injury, which will stack up a 3% drop in each following post there after.
• Head Injuries - 15-30% drop (Depending on severity)
• Blow To Head - 25% Drop - You will be dizzy for one post
• Broken/Severed Limb 25% Drop - You will be forbidden to futher use that limb.
• Broken Neck/Ruptured Artery - Results in Death.
Winning a Club Fang Law Board
The goal in a Club/Fang Law thread is to either one, 1-) Immobilize your enemy, or 2-) Defeat and Kill your enemy. Bare in mind that we do not role-play on here to kill everything that moves. We only kill if there is absolute reason to kill. Bare in mind that all creatures have a three second response time to either flee, or fight. Use this to your advantage. If you do not wish to get involved into a fight, than chances are, your best choice is to run. However, if you find yourself in a situation where fighting is no other option, than have at it, but remember! -By fighting you are entitling yourself to either injury or even the death of your character.
If you win a fight, congradulation! You've just banked. Administrators and Moderators will be moving through your fight to sum up all attacks, dogdes, and injuries. We will cast judgement on the following:
• Realism - Realism is one of the most important steps to consider, we don't want to see wolves performing fly kicks, and karate chops with their paws... it just doesn't work out.
• Quality - Post quality is important in a Club/Fang -we're not saying that your posts have to be 800 words, but more or less, is the participant able to understand what it was that you were trying to do?
• Tactic - We will be judging the tactics of your fight as well. This is us debatong on whether or not the tactics based on your attack worked for you.
• Motive - the motive of the attack is something that we, as admins, have to consider. We don't want to see fights over something stupid such as a taking a poop in the wrong spot, or looking in the wrong direction.
• Injuries Gained - Injuries gained are important, this will help us understand what kind of long-term injuries (if any) you would gain. This also includes scars you will gain for the rest of your character's life.
• Cash Out - If you win a CLUB/FANG -you are entitled to an award! The standard award for a "good fight is 300 Rage points, but if someone has placed a bet on you to win, then multiply that award times 3. Instead of the usuall 300, you will earn 900 RAGE POINTS
Loosing a Club Fang Law Board
You can't win every time. There will be a time when you run into someone who's bigger and better than you are, and just like life, you could loose a fight. Loosing a fight is the same as dying on Mark of the Wild. You will have lost a fight when your HP reaches 0%, or you forfeit the fight. In a Territory Challenge, you will loose your territory, up to and including your character's family if they do not flee. This is because 9 out of 10 times, the challenger is not just after your land, but your mate as well. The challenger will then be obligated to kill your offspring to bring your mate back into season.
By loosing a Club Fang -you loose nothing but your character, and are given a grievence fund of 125 Rage Points for the loss of your character. Listed below are some of the ways you can loose a CLUB FANG Thread:
• Retreating - By retreating, you have the possibility to keep your character alive, and a chance to leave the fight unscathed. Depending on the endurance of the challenger/predator, you can get away unscathed, or at the most, minorly wounded. It is not guaranteed that you'll get away, but it offers a slight chance.
• Death -When your heath reaches 0% your character dies, and you will have lost the CFL Thread. In order to use the character again (exempt from any existing threads) you will have to purchase a Respawn for your character, depending on the character's Level the required amount of Rage Points will be greater.
• Submitting (Rank Challenges Only) - If you challenge your pack leader for a position of power, than you have the right to submit to him in a display of subordination. It is REQUIRED that pack leaders ACCEPT your submission and pull off their attack, however, if you're in a pack, you will loose a star for insubordination.
• Failure To Respond (Territory/Pack Challenges Only) - If the leader of a pack is challenged for his land and territory, and fails to respond within the alloted time distributed by an administrator, than the pack leader can loose everything. His rank, his land, his mate, and his family! If your pack is challenged, than respond ASAP! The time alloted is usually: 3-5 DAYS
When We Cast Judgement....
You can request the following:
• Up to 3 Judgements You have the right to have 3 judgements place on your CFL Thread, this means that up to 3 admins will rule on your thread in determining a Winner/Looser
• You are Required: to utitlize the injuries given to you, for example, if your leg is broken during your thread, you will have a broken leg until it is healed. An administrator will inform you for how long your leg will be broken.
• Summary - All attacks, dodges, damages and HP drops will be summarized in a list for review.
• Wagers A list of those who placed bets and on whome will be available at your request.
• Scars If your wounds are severe, an Adminisitrator will inform you of scars you will have gained. These scars are then added to your character's physical description via your Character Profile, and your Character Log
All CLF Threads get judgement cast by the site's None-participating Administrators (Administrators that have not participated in the thread;) at the end of each Club/Fang. It is through Judgement that we dictate a winner and a looser in the thread. We read the entire thread, take notes, damages, and attacks, we also determine what injuries you may have and will have to endure indefinately.
When casting judgement upon a Club Fang thread, we rate them with the following stats, below is a sample form to show you how we will dicate your ClUB FANG thread.
THREAD HAS ENDED
CLUB FANG DETAILS: Naxx (Wolverine, Male) vs. Garbai (Gray Wolf, Male) Location: Winterguard, Khasid Tundra
Motive - Territory Invasion - Garbai (Gray Wolf, Male) steps onto Wolverine Territory, claimed by Tango (Territory Owner); is intercepted by Naxx (Wolverine, Male -son of Territory Owner).
• Garbai turns, and BITES Naxx in the leg.
• Naxx is biten = 15.0% HP DEDUCTED, 85.0 REMAINING.
• Naxx turns and slashes Garbai in the face.
• Having bitten Naxx, and holding, he is unable to evade, slash lands, LACERATING Garbai = 12.0% HP DEDUCTED, INJURIES STACKED
• Garbai, Lacerated -15.0%
• Bleeding -3.0% each post TOTAL DAMAGE = 18.0%; REMAINING HEALTH = 82.0%
Garbai retreats to higher ground = -3.0% from BLEEDING injury, REMAINING HEALTH : 79%
• Naxx CHASES Garbai -LUNGES FORWARD - Naxx lands on Garbai's rear, inflicing CUTS = 5.0% + 3.0% (bleeding Injury) 71.0%
• Garbai whirls and BITES Naxx in the shoulder = -20%; Garbai -3.0% (Bleeding Injury)
Naxx's Health: 65.0%;
Garbai's Health: 66.0%
Garbai has lost the fight due to inactivity
Naxx wins the fight, and is judged victor in Club Fang, ACHIEVEMENT GAINED!Homeland Defense - Bronze Star.
Naxx's short/long term injuries
• Scar on Shoulder -from bite (Permanant)
• Scar on right hind leg -from bite (permanant)
• Frayed right Ear (permanant)
• Twisted Ankel (Short-term, 2 Thread(s) Sustaining)
Garbai's Short/Long Term Injuries
• Scar along facial area (Permanant
• Punctures along hips (short-term)
• Broken Leg - Limp, (Short Term -4 Thread(s) Sustaining)
• Cracked Rib - Sharp Pain (Short Term - 1 Thread(s) Sustaining)
As you continue to roleplay on the site, you will unlock achievements that progress as your characters gains more experience. For example, if you defend your territory against intruders, you will find that you have earned the "Homeland Defense" Achievement, a bronze star will be awarded to your character on the pack page in which your character is affiliated with, or given to you on the Character's Log
Bronze Star for Homeland Defense Against Garbai; 250 Rage Points
125 Rage Points Awarded to Garbai - ACHIEVEMENT EARNED - "Purple Heart" (Purple Star on Pack Page)
Notes on Judgement
SCORES (Possible Earning: 1 being bad, 6 being excellent)
•REALISM - 6 Every attack resulted in a good response, characters chose which would to inflict and which attacks to dodge; every response was realistic in reaction, and counter-strikes relistic with Motive
• Motive - 6 Territorial invasions between wolves and wolverines occure on a regular basis in the wild. The wolverine intrudes on the wolf's land in the hopes of earning himself a free meal, much is the same for the wolves. It is believed to be a sort of rivalry between the two creatures.
• Tactic - 4 - Garbai's move to roll Naxx on his back and tear out his throat is what doomed him.
• Attack - 6 Attacks were well planned, coordinated, and responded well with the fight.
Who is Eywa?
Eywa is the sentient being on the site, the spirit of the land, a sort of God-Figure to the creatures that inhabit the continent. It is believed that Eywa gives energy to the lives that use it, but it is only borrowed, and must be returned. To the native tribes in the region, she has the ability to reincarnate life, and thus, through the art of resurrection, restore life to the dead.
Life After Death Dying is simply part of life, thus, we decided to incorperate it into Mark of the Wild Lucky for you, Eywa is willing to restore life with the energy that you've acquired throughout your journey. Depending on what type of creature you are, big or small, strong or weak, the required amount of energy (Rage Points) will be greater. The required amount of points to respawn your character can range from 75-550.
Death can have it's consequences, if you die in a territory challenge, you will loose you pack, and if you have one, your family as well, this can include your mate, and any offspring that you may have. You will also loose your territory. You have the right to regain your territory through a Territory Challenge but bare in mind that all Territory Challenges are immediate CLUB FANG Boards. As listed above, Club Fang Boards can result in the death of the challenged, or the death of the challenger. In order to purchase a respawn, you will have to visit our Store, depending on your level, the required amount of Rage Points will vary.
If you are purchasing a respawn after participating in a CLUB FANG board, review the judgement cast on your thread, you may have some scars that you can use to edit into your character's physical description!
Please note that the following apply to death:
• You are forbidden to make any new threads with the character, though feel free to continue to post in threads you are already in with the character.
• If you were killed in a thread, and you respawn, DO NOT CONTINUE TO POST IN THE SAME THREAD.
• You have little to no memory of your "death".
• If you wish the edit your character's personality, do so before you respawn your character. Bare note to the fact that you will actually have to write it into your character's profile/Log. (No acception necessary)
• If you are a leader to a pack/group/skulk, and you were killed during a conflict, you will have lost your rank, your pack, your mate. You will have to fight once more to earn them back, or take back your pack by force.
• Death is part of the site, if you don't like it, don't join it.
Mark of the Wild is adding a new feature to increase the chance of your open threads being replied to. It is a known fact that some threads won't be replied to if the members don't know where they are. In order to combat this, we've to make an addition to our side bar, allowing you to list your open threads! By using this feature, the chances of your threads being replied to are doubled! No more having to constantly link your thread in the cbox, or praying that someone will see your thread!
If you would like to utilize this feature, simply register your thread using the form provided Here
Q: How do I report Power-Play? A: To report Powerplay, simply send one of the administrators a PM via the Side-Bar, under Staff.
Q: My territory claim has been challenged! -What do I do? A: All territory challenges are CLUB/FANG LAW boards, by right, you are entitled to protect your family, your land, and your pack members. Remember, that if you are killed, or fail to respond to these CLUB FANG LAW boards, you can loose it all.
Territories - Listed below are the options of what size territory may be right for you, and the prices associated with the land.
• Small Territory (Recommended for small families, 2-3) 650 Rage Points
• Medium Territory (Recommended for wolf/dog packs, Clans, skulks of a medium size/ 4-7) 975 Rage Points
• Large Territory (Recommended for large numbers of members, 8-14) 1700 Rage Points
• Name Your Number (Tell us how many members you have and we'll decide on a price)
Q: How do I form a Pack? A: First of all, simply place the idea in the PLOTS & THREAD REQUESTS board, see how many members are willing to participate, and/or; make characters for the pack. If you can, see who is willing to donate to the Territory Cost.
Q: How do I find a Mate? A: For one, the mate must be related to you in some way or fashion. For example, Servals and cheetahs are bred from one another, however, due to a slight difference in their genes, any offspring they produce will most likely have altercations, defects, and will be infertile. In general, your mate must be the opposite gender of yourself (there are no same-sex mates on this site) (2) -Must be of Breeding Age (In most cases, it is 2 Years Old) (3) -Will have to acquire the mate 1 MONTH BEFORE the Breeding Season.
Mark of the Wild has FOUR periods in which you will have the opporunity to mate. If missed, sorry, we strive to keep this site realistic, and if your character misses the season, then he'll just have to wait till the next opportunity. The periods in which one may breed: 2/3rd Period of Autumn (October), 1/4th & 3/4th Period of Winter (November and February), and 1/3rd Period of Summer (June).
Q: How Can I Produce Offspring? A: Well, for one, you have to mate with your partner, (please, no graphic threads) -see more information on mating opportunities. From there, if your partner becomes pregnant (by choice of the character's owner) she will then have to decide how many offspring she would like to produce. Be aware that admins act as Mother Nature -and Mother Nature will take into condition the status of available food, climate, and conditions in the terms of your pregnancy. If we find that conditions are not suitable for the size of your litter, than we will reject your purchase and offer you a more reasonable number.
Q: I want to challenge for territory. How can I do that? A: If you feel that buying land just isn't for you, than by all means, you can challenge others for the turf to claim it as your own little piece of paradise. Below is the following steps in which you will have to follow.
• Make the Challenge - The most important part is to make the challenge. (NOTE - ALL territory challenges are CLUB FANG Boards, by challenging another for his/her land, you could be entitling your character to certain injury, up to and including death. These challenges are regulated by Mark of the Wild's Club Fang Policy
-To make the challenge, simply start a new thread with the character that will be challenging, in the TOPIC DESCRIPTION - place Territory Challenge/ CF/L.
• If the territory owner doesn't respond to your rank challenge, than you win by default. The owner is dropped of his "Pack Leader" status. He will loose his mate, and any offspring that he may have come to produce. You as the new owner of the land decide whether or not you will kill the old owners children, or spare them. (Remember, by killing the children, you will bring the mother into season)
Q: Is my character allowed to have more then one thread at a time? A: Yes. We here, at Mark of the Wild, allow Liquid Timing. Your character is allowed to be in more than one thread. However, if your character dies during the progress of a Club Fang Law thread, than you will no longer be able to create anymore threads with the character until you purchase a respawn for the character. However, Liquid Time does NOT apply to Club/Fang Law boards, You may only be in ONE CLUB FANG topic at any given time. Once one ends, feel free to start/join another, but bare in mind that if you received any injuries in your last club fang, you will be required to accommodate those into your posts.
Q: My character has been killed, but I don't have enough RP to respawn, what should I do? A: There are many ways to earn rage points on Mark of the Wild. One of the easiest ways to earn Rage Points is to make a level 1 character, and have it hunted (redeemable for 75RP). You can also refer a friend of yours to the site (redeemable for 250RP, your friend will also get 250 RP); Advertising will earn you 10RP per site, (20 RP during the Summer - March - September). See our Mentorship Program as well!
Q: My deer/prey is being hunted! -But I don't want her/him to be. What should I do? A: If you do not wish to have your character die, consider fleeing from the carnivore. This will increase your chance of survival, if you're small, look for a hole or burrow to hide in until the predator gives up. But please bare in mind, that death is part of the site, at one point or another, ALL CHARACTERS MAY DIE. Be it from a natural disaster, an epidemic of some infectious disease, or even a poacher, and as you already know, another predator. Respawns may be purchased from the store for as low as 75RP, depending on the level of the character, the cost to respawn may increase. See this TABLE for more information on the cost to respawn a character.
NOTE FROM ADMINISTRATION - If you have a question that you feel should be added here, would like to contribute, and/or, something you feel has been forgotten, please pm NAXX with a subject inquiry of "Help Guide Recommendation".
WAS this guide helpful to you? Did it answer some of your questions? -Still confused? Still looking for help? Seek out our MENTORSHIP PROGRAM to get advice one-on-one with an established member. If you still need assistance, please PM Naxx via the side-bar under the sub-contain index, "Staff" with you feedback, any questions you feel have not been answered, and suggestions you may have.