Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage -a PVP based Animal RPG. We accept all levels, from beginner to advanced, -we have NO WORD COUNT, a unique setting, world, and set up. Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage was created by animal role-players, for animal role-players, With a friendly staff, an easy to learn software, and a wide scale of diversity, we are ALWAYS welcoming new members to join our community. Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage.

Avg Temp : 60-95 F
Humidity : 40-80%
f Breeding : Yes
Birthing : Yes

Pred./Prey : 81:132
Food : EXCELLENT

WARNING - Poachers will be hunting

WARNING - Heavy Rain Season declared for Tropics and Eastern Fields! Flash floods imminent!

Attention, We've Moved!
http://xmarkofthewildx.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

View World Map

Sister Sites 2 Slots Open
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

New Poll

Life's Just a Race [My First Post], Is First person okay?
Jalista
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 09:04 PM

Group Icon

Group: Level 1 Entry Level
Member No.: 105

Aria
Life. It seems to be just a race; either against the prey you are hunting or those hunting you. It's such a lonely thing, too, were everyone is for themselves. Sometimes I wish it was different, especially when I lose my prey or become the prey. But it isn't, and it's not my place to decide. I'm just a fox, and even if I'm important to the eco-system, I'm just a small piece. Like an ant.
I lifted my head to scent the air as I paused. Nothing for now, no prey nor predator. I continued through the brush of the steppe, one ear cocked back. I stayed tense, on alert, as I always had. My paws made no sound on the soft ground, and when my fur brushed against the leaves of the bushes, it was with almost no sound.
I let out a small huff as I came to a strip of uncovered ground. Should I go around or should I go through? I could smell something edible up ahead, across the small strip of grass. I padded cautiously forward then streaked across. I put my nose to the scent and began to trot along it.

--------------------
In Your Nightmares, I reside. In Your Dreams, I abide.
Save the wolf, Save the wild.
Kularian
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 03:13 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 107

Dario let out a slight sound, his tongue flicking in and out of his lips as he tasted the air around him, trying to determine where the food was. He'd just awoken from an extended sleep, the shade having slowed his body's processes considerably. Yet the sun had moved, bringing a level of warmth, and thus movement, to his body. With great care, the snake uncoiled itself, the tongue still darting in and out of its mouth as it attempted to sample the air, trying to determine what was around, and if any prey had decided to some around while he had been in his comatose state.

Sadly, there seemed to be none of that, which left him alone in the forest, at least in the nearby area. He was rather hungry, and it occurred to him that he hadn't eaten in almost a day, which was somewhat unusual for him. His body tended to digest a bit faster than most of his family, for whatever reason, which made him eat more often. As far as he was concerned, it was just fine, as he enjoyed the process of hunting, of capturing, and of eating, his prey. There was a thrill to it that he couldn't describe, but he was loathe to be without it.

Absently, he wondered if it might make him more susceptible to predators, considering he was so often out on the hunt. However, that thought was pushed from his mind as his tongue flicked outward again, wondering if perhaps he might have to actually move in order to find something to eat. With a muted hiss, the snake moved from his napping place, slithering across the ground. It was such an annoying thing, looking for prey. But once he'd found it...oh the joy of the hunt...
Jalista
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 11:52 PM

Group Icon

The light colored red fox lifted her head for several seconds. What was that? But she decided it had only been a far off sound, for she heard nothing anymore. The vixen flicked her ears and sniffed at the scent again. It was stale, so much so that she couldn't identify what it was. Aria let out a small, humanoid sigh and sat down for a moment, looking around. Her ears perked forward to scoop up any sound and her tongue slithered over her nose to allow for better smelling. She still detected no danger, or recent prey, for that matter.
With a slight shake of her head, she stood, glancing around before turning and trotting along the edge of the clear spot. Her tail stayed securely straight with her legs, and her head was low. Aria had always been a very skittish fox, even more so than the average. Maybe it was her runty size, or her lack of strength to fight off sizable predators.
The young red fox stopped again and sat once more, rocking back on her haunches and yawning widely. She was very hungry, for her last meal had been about four days ago. Spreading her forelegs neatly apart, she rested in the sitting position, though she was still alert.

--------------------
Kularian
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 01:29 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The snake moved along the ground, his body slithering through the fallen leaves and foliage of the undergrowth. Dario had managed to catch a mosquito in mid-flight, but it was like listening to a single drop of water reverberate inside of a great cavern that was his stomach, and only served to make him even more hungry, somehow. His eyes glanced back and forth while his tongue flicked in and out of his maw, both looking for some kind of food. Dario wasn't overly picky at the moment, though he wanted something that would fill him, rather than just sate him for a little while longer.

As he looked around, he paused suddenly, having tasted something that...wasn't what he wanted to taste. The snake's movements slowed to a crawl before stopping altogether, the creature's head glancing around. He was in a relatively open area, now that he realized it. He'd been so set on looking for food that he really hadn't been paying attention to where he was or where he was going which, as he was starting to realize upon looking around at the wide open space, was a bad idea. He slowed his movements down considerably, his tongue flitting in and out of his mouth as he looked for somewhere to go.

His eyes turned up nothing, save the leaves and undergrowth that he'd been following initially. Dario knew that he couldn't exactly let things sit as they were; he was sitting food for any bird of prey that happened to be in the trees above. Dario wasn't often one to feel scared, but he also wasn't often one to wander into a wide open area without really thinking of the consequences.

Whatever was nearby, it was a mammal, and it was bigger than he was. He didn't sense any birds in the area, but that didn't mean they weren't there. He'd learned that the hard way.
Jalista
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 11:51 PM

Group Icon

The small vixen looked around and sniffed at the wind. Then she stood, carefully beginning to pad back into the open. The Aria stopped, her nostrils flaring. Her ears both perked forward and she looked around. It was obvious that the fox had scented, or heard, something. She continued to smell, every now and again letting her tongue jump out to lick her nose. It helped her to smell better.

Then she began to slowly walk forward, sniffing the wind and swiveling her head. It was a foriegn scent, although it reminded her of reptile. She hadn't met very many scaly creatures, but she had met several.

Aria paused about a metre away from where the scent seemed to be coming from and watched the grass. She was perfectly still, only the swish of her taila nd fur in the breeze heard. Her ears looked like satellite dishes, pointing forward to scoop up as much sound as was possible. Eery now and again, her tongue would again slide over her nose. She was cautious of the creature. It might be poisonous or otherwise dangerous.

--------------------
Kularian
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 12:33 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

(( Sorry for the super late post. I moved into a new place and it took a bit to get settled :C ))

Dario had tried to move, to try and see what it was that was causing his senses to go a little haywire...but upon his movement, he became aware that the thing he'd tasted was drawing closer. If there were curses for him to utter, or if there was a way for him to do so, the snake would have. However, there was no time to be doing that...not if he wanted to make it out of this alive. He couldn't give away his position, as if he did so, he would likely end up just being food...and he didn't want that.

So he stayed as still as he could, hiding under the foliage that was nearby as he heard whatever it was pad closer to him. Dario considered bolting, to try and make it to the safety of the trees just ahead...but considering that this thing tracking him wasn't a bird, that wouldn't a whole lot of help. Whatever was there could just follow him easily into the trees and likely catch up to him. He was quick...but not that quick.

Then again, it might be something small, and he might be able to threaten it away with a frightening pose...assuming that it wasn't something wise. Otherwise he'd just sort've sign his own death warrant. His tongue flickered out between his fangs, trying to get a sense of what the creature might be, its size, and what he could possibly do to get away from here.

Yet he found that it wasn't moving, whatever it was. It was content to simply sit and watch him, to wait for him to make the first move. While on one hand, he found that to be somewhat sporting, on the other hand, that was merely inviting disaster. Still, he couldn't just sit here...if he did so, then if the other thing got bored of waiting, it might just come after him.

Rather than try for a slow exit, Dario darted away from the warm-blooded thing, looking for a small hole to get away from it. His head darted left and right as he moved, searching for something that might help him escape.
Jalista
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 06:42 PM

Group Icon

((It's alright. I'm posting late to your late post, so we're even.))

Aria stood there for a while, sniffing and listening. It was definitely a scaly creature, she could tell by the scent. There they stayed for the longest time, the animal hidden, and her standing and waiting. Then suddenly, the small thing burst from the grass, darting away. It was long like a worm, and had no legs, just like a worm. But it was a reptile, and it was way faster.

The light red fox let out a yip of surprise and jumped backwards a few inches. Then she realized it was running from her. Licking her lips, the vixen took off after the thing. It was fast, so she sped up. She wanted to catch it, to eat it. It was edible if it was running. She let out a small but soprano growl. She was close enough. Leaping forward, she tried to slam her paws down on the small being. Would it work? Would she be able to catch it?

--------------------
Kularian
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 01:41 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

(( Touche tongue.gif ))

Dario slithered away, trying to move as quickly as his form could carry him, but the fact that he was hungry wasn't doing much for his speed. His muscles lacked the energy they needed to run at full capacity, which made his speedy escape not quite as speedy as he'd hoped. There wasn't a whole lot more that he could do, but he hoped that his sudden, rather rapid departure had caused whatever that thing was to be shocked enough to not come after him.

Granted, as he heard the footsteps approach, he knew that it hadn't been quite as successful as he'd hoped. He didn't dare pause to look around behind him though, to see how close the thing was to him. To do so would invite his own demise, and he had no intentions of going down without a fight. Just lying here and letting the thing eat him would not leave a good taste in his mouth.

Still, the mammal slammed its paws down on his side, causing him to twitch and writhe as the weight was forced down upon him. He turned, trying to get the leverage to bite the thing that held him down...but he was not making much progress as he struggled beneath the mammal's grip.
Jalista
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 05:08 PM

Group Icon

((XD))

Aria had caught the thing. She felt triumph flood her and she let out a growl of pure excitement. Usually she didn't have such luck, and her last meal had been three days ago. She bent her head and looked at the thing quizically. It was writhing wildly, and she was afraid she would lose it. The vixen applied more pressure. She snapped at it experimentally as it hissed and tried to bite her, maybe? She wondered if it was poisonous. She had no idea.

The light red fox wanted to see, wanted to play with the thing. But she couldn't risk losing it. She began to look for someway to bite it without moving her paws or going near the small, fanged mouth. She didn't want to get bit, especially if it was poisonous. She began to snap at it, first towards the side of its head, then the back of the head. She wanted to see if she could somehow trick it. She didn't want to torture it, but she didn't want to risk being bitten.

That was one important lesson she had had first hand. She had been bitten by another reptile, and it had hurt so much. Her nose had been all swolen and her eyes had watered. She had gone very hungry that week. So now she was always cautious about things, especially reptiles, that had big mouths. The hissing kind of worried her to. The thing that had bitten her had sort of rattled, with it's tail. It had looked a lot like this thing, a scaly worm. She growled.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

New Poll

Affiliates

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1320 seconds | Archive