Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage -a PVP based Animal RPG. We accept all levels, from beginner to advanced, -we have NO WORD COUNT, a unique setting, world, and set up. Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage was created by animal role-players, for animal role-players, With a friendly staff, an easy to learn software, and a wide scale of diversity, we are ALWAYS welcoming new members to join our community. Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage.

Avg Temp : 60-95° F
Humidity : 40-80%
f Breeding : Yes
Birthing : Yes

Pred./Prey : 81:132
Food : EXCELLENT

WARNING - Poachers will be hunting

WARNING - Heavy Rain Season declared for Tropics and Eastern Fields! Flash floods imminent!

Attention, We've Moved!
http://xmarkofthewildx.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

View World Map

Sister Sites 2 Slots Open
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

New Poll

Another day begins (Open for anyone!), White fox, a rat and a river
Twisted soul
Posted: Aug 19 2011, 02:33 AM

Group Icon

Group: Level 1 Entry Level
Member No.: 165

A flurry of white pushed through the undergrowth, claws decending on the small figure that was actually minding it’s own buisness. Sharp canines bit into the furry body, doing no real harm as the white fox moved to a much safer place to eat her meal. The shadowy outcrop formed a safe haven for one of her stature and she settled down, curling her large bushy tail around her small body and with maw lowered, she pinned down the fear stricken mouse that was dazed and obviously frightened. “Now little one. As you have noticed, you have become my dinner. It is an honor for one such as yourself, so do not protest to much and just accept your fate” She said, her melodic voice sounding sinister to it’s tiny, twitching ears.

The rat, maximus ratticas, was a rather butch looking rat for his species and after a few minutes, he actually managed to gain some form of brain function. Beady black orbs widened at the words of the white fox and fixated on the rather sharp looking teeth the creature had. A glisten of sweat dropped from his tiny nose to land on the damp tundra beneath his pinned body and he whispered, gulping loudly. “..please…I have children and a wife! They will starve without me!” The white fox tilted her head to the side, lifting the rat by the curl of her claws up and swung it before her Vibrant blue orbs. Her maw opened slightly, ivories flashing as she smiled. “Oh? Well I myself had no Family when I grew up so I am sure your’s will survive without you.” Damn! The rat thought as he moved in a side to side fashion before those deadly blue eyes. She had obviously figured out he was lying but how? Normally that lie works on most hunters so why should it not now? Perhaps the Fox was really that cold hearted.

At seeing the defeated look on the rat’s face, Victoria sighed loudly and slammed her paw down, squishing the poor animal beneath it. “I am not so cold hearted to not have sympathy for your plight but I am starving, you just happened to be at the wrong place” The rat, face planted to the damp earth, muttered underneath his breath. “You got that right” before closing his eyes and waited for the death that was going to happen.The fox however, had other plans and continued to chat away. “..I mean, do I look so scary? There are worst creatures to devour you and some actually wont even give you enough time to speak…I mean I saw I leopard the other day who was eyeing my graceful body like I was picking’s at a buffet. Thankfully I was to smart for the giant idiot and ended up escaping” She prattled on, her white fluffy tail swinging in the dirt behind her rump in a lazy motion. “..Honestly, it isn’t nice to be considered dinner but that is the price you pay for looking so goddamn delicious” She added, her smirk wicked as she licked her maws lightly. She was referring to herself when she mentioned ‘looking delicious’ though the rat was rather tasty looking despite his matted fur and so, she gently picked up the rat’s plump body and leaped off the ledge, heading for the small river that wasn’t too far away.

Maximus, limp and slightly pissed off, eyed the river that the fox was taking him to and sighed. Was the creature going to drown him before eating him now? Surely not! He was never one to like water and the idea of being killed in one brought shivers down his tiny body. “Hey! Fox lady! Stay away from the water and go no further! It is a horrible thing and I would rather be killed in mud then that puddle” Victoria ignored his remarks about the river and trotted down to the river’s edge, placing the rat into the deepest area of it to secure that there was no escape. “No my dear, you must be clean before I eat you” She said casually, dunking the rat’s body into the water and holding him there with her paw. Once she lifted it, Maximus floundered around in the water, sputtering. “Bloody weirdo! Drowning a poor ra…” His words were cut off and she dunked him once again, making sure to rub the body against the scattered rocks on the bed of the river. “There,” She said with a smile, lifting the rat up and pushing his body in circles, finding it very amusing. “You are all clean now..”

Maximus, spinning and very pissed off now, dug his little teeth into her paw and smiled with satisfaction as she quickly removed it. “Oww! It is not my fault you smelt and tasted like rotting meat!” Victoria said, eyeing the rat with disdain and licking her throbbing paw. Her nose twitched at the satisfied smile on it’s face and placing her paw on the ground, her blue orbs darkened and focused on the half drowning rat. “Now, I was going to let you go but for that, you shall be eaten. Say goodbye little rat” With that said and no time for it to let out even a squeak, she opened her maw and bit into his tiny body, ivories ripping into his flesh and the sharp tang of metallic liquid, pooled into her mouth. With spattered blood on her maw, she lowered herself the rivers edge and ripped into the small, plump body, chewing at the stringy meat in a half-hearted manner.

This was not what she planned to be doing right now, in fact she was going to save his body for another day but being bitten, she decided to punish the creature by eating every part of him. So, after a few minutes of gorging herself, she decided to go swimming to wash the scent of her kill off for she had no desire to lure some random killer to her presence. With quick bounding, she leapt into the cool water and paddled around, orbs closing for a brief moment as she enjoyed the soothing sensation. It was early in the day and there was much exploring to be done but she could feel the boredom setting in, however unusual that was for her but after a few minutes she left the water to nap in the sun. Her tiny body damp but very fluffy, she curled up into a tiny ball, her head resting on her tail and snored away. Blissfully unaware of any present danger nor really caring about it.

Speech color

--------------------
~`~My life is one hell of an adventure~`~
amory
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 01:03 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 163

A stark black form contrasted greatly with the blue skies above, the bird silent as it sliced through the air. Amory was high in the sky; Not exactly on the clouds, but low enough that if an animal was on the ground it would be able to spot her if the canopy wasn't in the way.

She was traveling around for food, leaving the security of the city for something more fresh. Her stomach was tired of getting kill that had an acrid smell of rubber. Sometimes the human's nests weren't good enough.

Amory looked down, spotting a flash of white inbetween some trees. She angled her wings down, managing to land on a branch almost quietly. Hopefully the animal didn't in the midst of eating it's prey - albiet amusingly.She could barely hold in a guffaw as the fox held a conversation with it's soon-to-be lunch, she noticed that it was very polite and noble when it talked - even to the point of cleaning the mouse just because it was dirty.

It took a little while, but eventally the fox snatched it into her mouth and ate it all- much to her displeasure - and after that, it'd just swm around and took a nap in the sun. The crow cocked her head a little. This is a pecuiliar fox. She thought, it didn't look as savage as most of the predators here, but she wasn't taking any chances, coming from a fox. Amory had did that before - why she had nearly lost some tail feathers that way - and wasn't intent on it happening again.

With a quiet snicker, the crow turneed and flew the other way, and flew off. A few minutes later, she'd returned, a piece of piece of rock lodge in her beak. It was heavy enough not to inflict a wound, but enough to sting slightly. She landed on a branch right above the fox, and with a smug grin, dropped it, aiming near its back.

Twisted soul
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 02:14 AM

Group Icon

The white fox was in a peaceful slumber when something her rump. Blue orbs fluttered open in a sleepy manner as she glanced at the rock that was now lying not to far away from her.”What the…?” She mummured, glancing around her in confusion to figure out exactly where it came from. Her invisible eyebrows lowered in a frown and she cocked her head upwards to find herself staring at large black crow who was gazing down at her in an intense manner. Her nose twitched and she stretched her limbs, trying to get the kinks out of her muscles before she shifted her bodice until she was sitting up. “Do you often disturb one’s slumber?” She asked, head still tilted up at the bird. “Because it is very rude” With that said, she turned on her pretty white paws and headed into the underbush.

It wasn’t that she was ignoring the bird for it seemed to want her attention about something but that she was getting something. A few curses, a few digs on the soft ground, she came back to the clearing near the lake and looked up again, this time with a small rodent in her mouth. She placed it down near the tree and backed up, giving the bird some space. “I do not often do this but I have had my fill. You look hungry and sometimes the skills of a bird to gaze prey from above come in handy when one is on the ground” She gestered to the fresh dead rodent and shifted her bodice around until her back was to the tree. “There. I promise not to eat you or look at you while you are eating. If it makes you feel safer”

Victoria may be an unusual predator but she has had her fair share of being hunted. She killed to eat and that was all, so it didn’t bother her to share some of her scattered rations to something starving if she was already full. Speech color

--------------------
amory
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 04:13 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Amory's eyes bore into the fox as she awoke, the nap interrupted. She cawed, satisfied with the attention, and because she hadn't made a sound in a while. Now that all the fun was gone, she'd took the chance to observe her more closely. The fox was presumably medium-sized - as big as a red fox - but her colors didn't match at all. The crow had never met something like her before, which made her slightly uncomfortable.

She ruffled her feathers at the though of considering this fox a predator that might potentially eat her. Amory was always so paranoid when all of the amusement just vanishes and she's left with a silence. Just then, her voice broke the spell of her thoughts and she was reverted back into reality.

“Do you often disturb one’s slumber?” She asked, head still tilted up at the bird. “Because it is very rude.” Snapped the fox, who was now staring at her. Amory snorted at the fox's obliviousness. "Why fox, don't you know of a crow's nature? It's born into us, you know." She sneered.

Then the fox approached some undergrowth, and disappeared. She cocked her head to the side for a moment in confusion, until there was more sound not too far away. Some curses and some sound of soil being shifted, and already he was back, mouse in her jaw.

For a moment, the crow was confused. Was she really that hungry? But then it spoke again, “I do not often do this but I have had my fill. You look hungry and sometimes the skills of a bird to gaze prey from above come in handy when one is on the ground." For once, Amory was taken aback by this request; even more when she offered to look away!

The crow narrowed her eyes and tried to use her best glare, suddenly suspicious. For a moment, her stomach and her mind battled each other, safety or food? But eventually a rumble from her belly gave away the answer, and she reluctantly flew down to eat. When she had her fill, the crow then turned to the fox.

"Are you actually willing to work with a crow, whom could easily be large lunch for a fox like you?" She said coyly. Then she actually considered the plan. They could work together, and reap in the prey with her eyesight and the fox's hearing and smell.

That was an excellent idea; more so for her then the fox; but so many things could go wrong. What if she was so dependent on the fox that when it died she couldn't survive? What if suddenly she was considered lunch and killed right as she landed? The crow had sensed no hostility from the fox. Maybe the fox will actually be a good ally. They always said that the nicest one were always the backstabbers.

Twisted soul
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 10:27 AM

Group Icon

The bird spoke and only then did she look back, white head tilted back to gaze at the black crow. Black, silky in color and female. Her eyes dragged from the tips of her clawed feet to the top of her head. Yes, starving. She can tell by the skinny build of it and her nose, black, twitched slightly as she replied. “I wouldn’t of asked if I wasn’t actually considering it. I have no need to lure a prey into conversation about hunting together if I was planning on eating it. I would of killed you by now.” She shifted her bodice, licking her smooth, fluffy white fur in an attempt to clean the dirt that had settled on it.

“Besides, we have worse predators then me out there and it would be wise if we banded together. One to watch and one to hunt. If that is an acceptable deal for you?” She asked as her tassel curled around her well-fed bodice. Her blue orbs shifted to the sky before settling back to the crow who was watching her cautiously. “ If not, we can part ways and never meet again.” It was true, Victoria was an unusual fox and her very coloring screamed Artic but she had the build and features of a red fox. She was well formed, fit and fed. It was something that she couldn’t hide from other foxes who seemed to be underfed and skinny, though she rarely speaks to her own species.

Her nature, though dark, was contained more to her hidden thoughts then her personality. She was cunning, an excellent predator and hunter. She knew these lands by the back of her hand and often wasn’t seen by other predators or even her own species. She wasn’t going to tell the Crow that she knew of her presence before she dropped the rock on her, in fact she spotted the crow settling on the branch above her as she killed the rat. It wasn’t wise to let a stranger know everything about her and if the crow just thought she was weird, then that is fine by her. “So, what is your decision? Part ways or become unlikely friends.”Speech color

--------------------
amory
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 12:12 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The mouse was one of the most delicious things she'd ate since the departure from the grey, boring urban life. It tasted good and natural, which satisfied her stomach well enough to go for a day or two. For once, Amory respected the fox; she had the honor to eat something that wasn't leftovers from another's food.

Making herself comfortable, she sat down on the ground. The fox continued the conversation as if those small, pregnant pauses weren't even there. “I wouldn’t of asked if I wasn’t actually considering it. I have no need to lure a prey into conversation about hunting together if I was planning on eating it. I would of killed you by now.” She said, then proceeding to clean herself in a manner much like preening. The words sent chills down her spine. The crow knew that she wasn't making a good impression of herself. Hopefully the fox didn't notice that either.

Then she strikes again. More details of the deal. Amory couldn't help but grow suspicious of the deal she was making; her brain racking for answers. She was so well-fed, but Amory herself seemed so skinny that she felt like the wind would blow her away at times; but the fox's logic fell through and the chances of survival would be better with them working as a team. The benefits weighed over and she was left with the best choice.

"It's a deal," She said, and tried her best to grin, "but first we need to be acquainted, right? If we're going to be allies then I just can't call you fox, can I?" Amory then shifted a little, now facing the fox. "My name's Amory. What's your's? (OCC: I think the thread is ending soon. So will we find our predator after this one? :3)

Twisted soul
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 06:44 AM

Group Icon

As Victoria waited for the crow to respond, her blue orbs glanced up at the sky and then back to the ground, studying it in detail. She had always been an overly curious soul and because of the way she approached things, it made her a worthy predator despite her small stature compared to the leopards and wolves that roam these lands. If she was like most of those out there or let the dark past of her upbringing rule over her, she would be dead by now. Skittish, over cautious and stupid she was not.

There was a shuffling in front of her and her orbs shifted to the crow that had settled not to far in front of her. Of course, the animal would be suspicious and that crossed her mind but to her, this was a way to protect both their hides and to also survive these harsh lands. It was simply, purely logical and once she entered a partnership, she didn’t break the deal. She was a creature of her word even though that barely existed in this place. Honor, loyality was her code and she would live by it to her dying days.

Finally the crow spoke and she cocked her head to side, listening. “I am pleased that you have accepted the deal. Please do not be alarmed by my obviously predator status and nature that one suspects that I have. I may be a red fox, other then my coloring but I will not harm you even if this dealership doesn’t work the way we intend it to.” She meant it and she hoped the reassuring tone in her soft voice reached the confused mind of the crow.

When she introduced herself, Victoria lowered her head in greeting and said. “I am known as Victoria though few actually get to converse with me to know that. You are the first creature out of my dead family, that knows this and I would prefer if you do not spread my name around to others. That said, it is a pleasure to meet you Amory.” She paused, settling down on the solid ground in a comfortable position, limbs curled around her bodice and tassel twitching behind her. “ So why is a crow out in these parts? Did you get lost or where you simply hungry?”

(OOC: Sure XD Finding a beast to annoy would be a pleasure my dear)

--------------------
amory
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 02:40 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Amory couldn't help but stare at how Victoria observed the sky, ground, and among other things, the crow herself. It was kind of unnerving - if she thought crow had beady eyes, this fox was another thing to talk about, with her blue spearing orbs, that she'd only saw in humans before - and she had to avert her gaze several times simply because it was quite unusual; having officially become allies of the fox.

Then her ally spoke again, using a soft voice that almost seemed comforting; she explained that just because she was a red fox doesn't mean that she'll hurt her. Her brain almost didn't process the statement, but once it did, she released all the tension she didn't know she was holding. Once again, the fox has done something she'd never experienced with someone else. Maybe this was nature's crazy give at an omen or hint.

Once Victoria had introduced herself, the white furball settled herself down in what looked like a comfortable manner. Amory felt a little pride when the fox replied, "It was a pleasure to meet you." Most creatures she met just brushed her off as annoying. The crow couldn't help but feel thrilled as they were about to travel together; no empty bellies, no constant worrying of being eating at any time.

Then the conversation began, and the wave of nostalgia flew through her veins once again. It wasn't that the questions were personal, just that because she was a crow, Amory was horrible at being social. Most of the time she was too shy to approached the murders around the city. She took deep breaths at a time, trying to relax her nerves. "You're part right, I'm just tired of the dead animals that smell too rotten, even for a scavenger like me." she said, "Now it's my turn. How do you avoid getting hunted, with that fluffy white coat of yours." Now the curiosity was taking over. She cocked her head involuntarily, feeling joyful just because the events have made it so much better for her life. (Lol. Want me to start a plot thread now?)

Twisted soul
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 04:33 AM

Group Icon

Victoria nooded her head slowly, listening to the words of Amory. “I agree, rotten food does not settle in ones stomach very well but I guess, that if one is forced to eat it, then one has no choice?” She said, glancing back up at the sky again. She was not one to speak so harsh or uneductated like many of her kind here. She spoke in a way that showed not only her vast intellegence but also her education in the way of speech. It paid to observe and practice when no one is looking, plus she liked this voice better then most of foxes she has met in her lifetime.

When Amory asked her a question, she laughed softly and fluffed up her fur to show exactly how big and noticable it was. “Yes, I can see what you mean but when I had to survive as a young pup, mostly because my parents were murdered, I learnt the art of hiding despite my white fur.” She glanced down at her white paws before looking back at her. “ Besides, I cannot be hunted if they can’t catch me and I rarely let them see me. I notice them before they notice me, for they are loud and often make mistakes. Even giant cats have certain noises they make that is hard to hide”

She then proceeded to mimic the soft noise of a jaguar in the back of her throat. It sounded a mixture between purring and breathing. “They have this sound they make, it shows they are concentrating on a hunt. It is a lower pitch so most prey don’t pick up on it but I have been beside one when it makes that sound. I tend to observe more then interact and often I find myself beside them and overlooked because of my breathing techniques and knack of hiding in bushes. You can learn a lot about your hunters if you are observant” She said wisely with a slight press of her paw on the solid earth beneath her. “ I will teach you some sounds and noises of our predators so you are not caught unaware, if you would like that?” She asked, knowing that the crow most likely wouldn’t enjoy being taught anything, being a proud scavenger as herself but if she was willing, it could save Amory from being some leopards next dinner.

(Sure ^^ start one and I will join. Also I have no credit on my internet stick until Tuesday but I will try to get some on it so I can be on this site. For some reason, it wont load the page when I am on wireless)

--------------------
amory
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 02:24 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yeah." Amory replied, rotten food was the worse. They had no idea how the city could be such a horrible place to grow up in and barely scrape by. She'd grown accustomed to it once she was a fledgling, so even her way of speaking was very 'human' like. She could not understand them, but maybe a few words can be translated it they spoke slowly.

When she'd asked her question, Victoria returned it with a light-hearted laugh, making it more like they hadn't just make a pact to be allies - however unlikely - and her fur just fluffed up, showing how it really contrasted with the dark tropics.

Amory couldn't help but feel sympathetic as the fox told of her childhood, but was a little surprised that shed talk of it so lightly, but then the conversation turned to something else, something more serious. Survival - and she had to admit, Victoria seemed damn good at it.

She made a small sound - Amory heard it once. When she was nesting in a tree whilst traveling in the tropics this big cat had made a sound - and it stared right at her. She panicked, her wings surging into the air as fast as she can. Never in her life she'd seen it before.

Victoria was very smart - more than she'd ever seen in any fox. Amory guessed that being different can actually be a good thing. Then the fox actually offered to teach her! This was a major blow to her pride. The crow instantly felt a surge of frustration, but tried everything to hold it back. Maybe learning something would be a good thing.

She took another deep breath, and learned that she was shaking little - if she didn't have feather covering her face she'd be flushing. "Aright, teach me, as long as we're allies we need to learn from each other," then she continued, her cocky attitude returning, "but first we need a name, at lest. If for some reason we become infamous then I'd rather have a name instead of being called, 'Fox and Crow'."

Twisted soul
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 04:13 PM

Group Icon

Victoria watched as Amory fluttered in the air in a fit of panic at the sound she made. Her head, cocked to the side as she studied the crow intently. Sure the bird would of paniced, any animal would. It was their natural instinct to flee when hearing certain noises that drip with the promise of doom and death. So, instead of laughing at the animal, she waited until Amory had settled down and it didn’t take to long for her to do that either.

“ I know that the pride of a hunter is stung when one offers help from another. I apologize but I didn’t offer to hurt you. Please forgive me if it came across as that way” She said, lowering herself once again on the ground in a comfortable position. “I know many sounds of the vast amount of predators here. I know heartbeats, certain pressures they put on the nature around them. Most just crush through the forest, especially humans. They have to be the noisest I have heard yet.” She muttered, dislike for the overweight, ugly creatures was heard in the tone of her voice.

“Anyway, a name you said? How about…Onxy whispers? The Blood Moon Sisterhood? Ghosts of the wild” She said them all dramatically and a wide smile on her pretty face. “Ummm....You hear no sound, you sense no threat, we come for you, the Queens of death?”

--------------------
amory
Posted: Aug 28 2011, 03:54 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Amory tried to release the tension from her muscles, it was hard to calm down when her brain could fully process what was happening. How stupid, she thought as her feathers finally stopped quaking, it was just the fox's imitation.Amory was surprised that the fox didn't just laugh. Victoria had a lot of self-control if she had some humor; which she did. Why was it that now she had just formed an alliance with her that she was so embarrassed?

She wallowed in pity for a bit, but then Victoria's voice broke her of her thoughts again - noticing the disgust in her voice when she mention humans. Amory agreed to her, but couldn't help but notice that she herself had mimicked human speech since her fledgling. It was quiet sad really, but With all of the information Victoria could provide, it uplifted her mood a lot. Maybe they could really be the ultimate prey of the forest. The unlikely alliance that no predator could catch - an army of prey that made the predators tremble. The crow marveled at the feat; although very unlikely. She guessed it would be better just to live as long until one of them died of a ripened old age, though she couldn't help but chuckle quietly at the thought of that. Victoria was the queen of names, Amory had observed. She came up with good ones, and a lot of them; but the last one really struck her interest. "You hear no sound, you sense no threat, we come for you, the Queens of death?” She mirrored the fox's grin as much as she can on her beak, "Perfect!" She said enthusiastically, "The Queens of Death."

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

New Poll

Affiliates

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2417 seconds | Archive