Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage -a PVP based Animal RPG. We accept all levels, from beginner to advanced, -we have NO WORD COUNT, a unique setting, world, and set up. Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage was created by animal role-players, for animal role-players, With a friendly staff, an easy to learn software, and a wide scale of diversity, we are ALWAYS welcoming new members to join our community. Welcome to Mark of the Wild: Savage Lineage.

Avg Temp : 60-95° F
Humidity : 40-80%
f Breeding : Yes
Birthing : Yes

Pred./Prey : 81:132
Food : EXCELLENT

WARNING - Poachers will be hunting

WARNING - Heavy Rain Season declared for Tropics and Eastern Fields! Flash floods imminent!

Attention, We've Moved!
http://xmarkofthewildx.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

View World Map

Sister Sites 2 Slots Open
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (18) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) New Poll

The Merciless, |We Hold No Mercy|
Raowolf
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 02:41 PM

The Queen of Rats! Also a C/F Mod.
Group Icon

Group: Pack Leader
Member No.: 83

The MERCILESS

Ο ανελέητος

Hello.
We are the Merciless. And you are on our Territory.
My name is Wolf, and I lead this pack; mine, or one of my fellows, may be the last face you see. We are the Merciless, and please do not underestimate us; it is so pitiful watching your hope... And so fun watching your fear. Will we hurt you? Maybe. It depends on how fast you can run. Your life depends on how fast you can run. Is that clear? Good. We don't want any misunderstanding.
Now, onto business.

We are... The best. We are also the Merciless. You cannot fight us. You cannot hide from us. We will hunt you down, for that is our duty. Our sport. Yes, that's what it is... A sport. A game.
Our territory - which you are on - stretches from here to as far as the eye can see to the East. Do you see it? The end of the territory? That bent tree - far, far away - there you are safe. We will not hurt you there. You have half an hour of a headstart, and you may do whatever you feel appropriate to escape us in that time. There is a river, and a ridge, and a cave; you may hide, you may run, you may try to fight. It is up to you.
But now, I am going to turn over this timer. Yes, your eyes do not deceive you - it is filled with blood. If you are not fast enough, it may be your blood. For half an hour you may run, and then we will follow. If you make it to the tree - the end of our land - alive, then you will have a choice. If you do not, you will die.
Do not try to reason with me, or my pack. We are the Merciless; we will not bend to your demands. Now, my friend, it is your time:
RUN.

Τι είναι εμείς;

This is the Merciless.
A pack of dogs like no other, the Merciless are hunters - this is all they do. They live for the chase. Can you fight them? They are great, and strong, and many. Can you outrun them? They are fast, and lithe, and many. Can you hide from them? They are clever, and sharp, and many.
This is the Merciless.
Your only hope is to run, and to hope.

Πώς ταξινομούμαστε;

Lead by Wolf, a huge, pure-bred Doberman in the prime of life, the Merciless have no true ranks. Even the Leadership isn't very defined - he is simply the first to speak, and the first to eat. Mating is frowned upon, but necessary, of course; the pack tends to grow with gathering recruits more than anything. They are merciless in that, once you have stepped on the territory you must either join or die - for even if you outrun them, fight them or hide, you will still be faced with the choice - and the test at the beginning is simply to make sure that those who join are not weak.
Few escape them.
None leave the territory alive.

We are back-written - we have always been here, but only now are we being played. The story is that The Merciless have come from another place, where they were first made - Wolf 'inherited' the Pack - and have now moved to Bryce Canyon. However, members will either have already joined or be backwritten, unless you wish for your character to be a participant of The Game.

Prey is quite short, and they do the same for prey, also - any killed are eaten, and any deer or others are given the half-hour headstart.

It's a sport. It's a game.

Even amongst their own ranks, the Merciless are... Merciless. There are several bloodlines and families within the pack - if an individual dog does well(maybe delivering the killing blow, or discovering a plot), then he or she alone is praised. If an individual dog does badly(maybe missing out a kill, or showing weakness) then the whole family, and all those related, are punished.

Wolf has never taken a mate, and doesn't plan to; he rules alone.

Τι μπορούμε να κάνουμε;

Situated somewhere on the Plains, the Merciless have never yet come across any they cannot defeat. There are so many of them, and so strong, intelligent, fast and hungry are those many that pretty much any creature is catchable. They are a 'for the greater good' kind of pack; who cares if one or two of their own side die? They must have been weak anyway.

Want to join? We have many open positions; as we are back-written, the Merciless is already large, but as we need people to join, a lot of positions will be 'NPC'-ed in threads for now - this means that a single player does not play them, such as you or I, and they have no bio, but anyone can play them, and Power-play is allowed. If, for instance, there were only three Player Characters and we were on a hunt, then No-Player Characters would be played by everyone to give the effect that there were lots of us. I might, for instance, play Wolf and another dog, just behind him, who was on the hunt - let's call him Fido. You would then be allowed to make Fido do something else, such as talk to your character.
But these would only be in use until we had enough real people!
Stuck for what your character could do? Here are some ideas:

NPC CHARACTERS FOR MAKING:
1. Name: Warp
Breed: Australian Cattle Dog
Image: HERE
Details: Amazingly agile and with a natural herding instinct, Warp is very good at trapping victims until strong-hunters arrive. He does not savour killing, however.

2. Name: Lera
Breed: Husky x Greyhound
Details: In the pack for most of his life, Lera has many regrets but has learned to tune them out. He is quite old now, but still going strong and with a lot for him. He doesn't mind killing and has learnt not to savour others' lives, but doesn't enjoy it as much as others.

3. Name: Broken
Breed: Anatolian Shepherd Dog x Bullmastiff
Details: Broken barely speaks, and when she does it is only for short, one-word answers to direct questions. She finds no pleasure in anything, but can just about summon the energy to chase, fight and kill. She is large and dangerous.

4. Name: Buzz
Breed: Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Details: Slow but steady, Buzz is quite a happy fellow; he has no qualms with killing and is quite the ladies' man, enjoying the freedom he gets in The Merciless. Stocky and strong, with a killer bite.

6. Name: Groat
Breed: Bloodhound
Details: With an amazing nose and sharp eyes, Groat doesn't let his deafness slow him down! He's never quite sure what's going on, but does his best, and tries to think of Wolf as a Master, and the prey as a helpless Hare. It eases his conscience a little - sometimes he worries about the things others do. Rarely kills himself, but is often at the head of the trail.

7. Name: Electric
Breed: Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever cross - try saying that when you're drunk!
Details: Always eager to prove herself, this once gentle pup has fallen to the seductive lure of killing with the Merciless. She's a bright young talent, fast and strong, but still has much to learn and is often jealous of others.

8. Name: Tarnigod
Breed: Mongrel
Details: Smart and a little bit of a show-off, Tarnigod likes males' attention, but never lets them near her. She's a happy cannibal.

9. Name: Armageddon
Breed: Siberian Husky x Beagle
Details: Strong and steady, Armageddon is fiercely loyal to those who can gain his trust. He believes in Wolf, for one, and is one of the very few who would go down with him; do not incur the wrath of Armageddon: he lives up to his name!

10. Name: Foxie
Breed: Coyote x German Shepherd
Details: Huge and surprisingly agile, Foxie sounds sweet and innocent, but is far from it; loving the taste of blood on her lips, she has a soft-spot for pups but no-one else, and has the makings of a Merciless Leader.

11. Name: Digger
Breed: Spanador - Spaniel x Labrador
Details: Amazingly cheerful despite circumstances, Digger doesn't act his age. Often to be seen bounding around the territory, he has been into trouble a few times for leading the pack on a wrong trail; his short attention span means that if he smells a squirrel, he will forget about the hunt. But he's a good tracker, and some say a little oblivious to what he does and what it means for others.

Thanks to Sojourner for her help with NPCs.
Up to you - they could be anything atall! The characters listed above can be played by anyone in the thread, or if you are short on ideas for your own character, or like them a lot, you can make their bio and play them all the time!

We currently have:
[*]Wolf - Raowolf - Leader
[*]Lebensgefährliche Waffe('Lethal Weapon') - Sojourner - Fast-hunter
[*]Dameon - Ronni - Strong-hunter
[*]Chiddy-bang - Matt - Strong-hunter

We are The MERCILESS...
Can you survive The GAME?

This post has been edited by Raowolf on Aug 24 2011, 11:30 AM

--------------------
user posted image
-----
"'It seems that I have a skill at pulling ham sandwiches out from under rocks...'" ~The Last Continent, Terry Pratchett.
-----
[1. Freeze - Male - Dumbo Rat
2. Pledge - Female - Gerbil
3. Grak - Male - Norwegian Rat
4. Mally - Female - Black Rat
5. Euro - Male - Stoat
6. Brollic - Male - Red Stag
7. Clanth - Male - Striated Caracara
8. Renla/Omar/Hatty - Hemaphrodite - Egyptian Mau
9. Scwhimkerl Upta - Female - Rhodesian Ridgeback
10. Wolf - Male - Doberman]

I allow myself a ten-character limit at a time, and only as many threads as I have characters - for me to make a new character, an old one has to go. Please bear this in mind when plotting or threading with me.

QUOTE (Forsaken)
Let's face it, it's pretty much guaranteed that wherever Raowolf goes, there's going to be mayhem.
Sojourner
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 09:23 PM

Newbie Helper - Quote Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

I'll be making a greyhound/huskey wolfhound, if you want me too. :3

Her name'll be.... Lebensgefährliche Waffe (aka "Lethal Weapon"). But you can call her Moondog. She's probably gonna be a bit testy, terse and rude; she plays and uses everyone -bitch, pup, brute- to get the hell where she wants to be: usually the second to the kill, the first to kill it, and do whatever the hell she wants. :3 Probably one of the stronger and faster of the dogs.

--------------------
Raowolf
Posted: Aug 7 2011, 10:21 AM

Group Icon

Nice! x3 She sounds awesome... But you're getting me back for the name thing, aren't you >.> Oh well, lol.
And nice breed choice!

I'll add her to the bottom of the list :3

--------------------
user posted image
-----
"'It seems that I have a skill at pulling ham sandwiches out from under rocks...'" ~The Last Continent, Terry Pratchett.
-----
5. Euro - Male - Stoat

I allow myself a ten-character limit at a time, and only as many threads as I have characters - for me to make a new character, an old one has to go. Please bear this in mind when plotting or threading with me.

QUOTE (Forsaken)
Let's face it, it's pretty much guaranteed that wherever Raowolf goes, there's going to be mayhem.
Xulvic
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 12:02 AM

Naxx's Slave
Group Icon

Member No.: 61

I'd like to join this, sounds very interesting.

user posted image

Dameon: a large, agile pure-bred German Shepard Dog. I see Dameon as a cold and hateful figure and more or less a Guard or a tracker. He can be a dick, but usually he is solitary and observant. Again a strong dog worth his salt, also a close aquatint to Wolf, if you'd allow it.

--------------------
Welcome to my world, bitch!
--- I will be moving. So this is the reason for my absence.
PM
Sojourner
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 02:19 AM

Group Icon

Getting back at you? Why would I get back at you? >:)

Anyway, yes, thanks. She'll probably beat the crap outta anyone who gets in her way of power, so this will be fun to RP.

--------------------
Ronni Blue
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 05:19 AM

Level III
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

if you guys need a nice little doe to hunt down, or a fox, or an african wild dog pup you want to hunt down lemme know!!

--------------------
user posted image

Nuke-Wolverine-Male
Riley-Red Fox-Male
Rebel-Timber Wolf-Male
Maximus-Red Deer-Male
Julia-African Crowned Eagle-Female
Bambi-Snow Leopard-Female
Che-Orca-Male
Raowolf
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 08:47 AM

Group Icon

Hah-hah, when we have one/two more people/we've all made our bios/I come back from Wales/I can go on my laptop freely(circle appropriate), the Painted Dog pup sounds great - their favourite prey is dogs :3
Daemon sounds great - love the picture - and Wolf allows acquaintences; he acts all polite, civilised and, if not friendly, then at least acquaintable. And then he hunts and kills you laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
-----
-----
5. Euro - Male - Stoat

QUOTE (Forsaken)
Ronni Blue
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 06:58 PM

Level III
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

My little Shiela African Wild Dog Pup it is! Notify me whenever you want to begin the hunt!

--------------------
user posted image

Nuke-Wolverine-Male
Riley-Red Fox-Male
Rebel-Timber Wolf-Male
Maximus-Red Deer-Male
Julia-African Crowned Eagle-Female
Bambi-Snow Leopard-Female
Che-Orca-Male
henley421
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 06:06 PM

An Animal Lovin' Freak
Group Icon

Group: Level II Intermediate
Member No.: 103

Jesse is in the dog territory! Well you get me! Anyhow, she's a big bitch and quite the charmer! Beware, she knows how to manipulate the other dogs. Don't fall into the pit, or you'll be spiraling down.. FOREVER!
Raowolf
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 12:13 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Raowolf)
[. . .]when we have one/two more people/we've all made our bios/I come back from Wales/I can go on my laptop freely[. . .]

Checklist time!
Do we have one more person? I assume Henley is wanting Jessie to be hunted and then win?
CHECK!

Have we all made our bios? I've made mine, Henley's made his, and Sojo's making so many others I'm sure she could if she wanted to :3
CHE--

Am I back from Wales? Unless that little country has extended its borders up to Clitheroe, I do believe so(though i keep getting welsh tv channels on my telly, so it's actually surprisingly probable)!
CHECK!

Can I use my laptop freely? It's fixed, so YES! =D
CHECK!

Wooh-hoo - we're just waiting on a few bios, and then I'd say we're good to go :3 The pack page is being made by Naxx now, as well - and then we'll have our territory ;]
Now, I've just got to ask you all something: what would you rather do?
We can either a) Interrupt the other active threads in Bryce Canyon and set them onto The Game, in order to assert our authority; b) Set up a general thread for all; c) Hunt Jessie - Ronnie is away, which is fine, so her pup will have to wait; or d) Multi-task madly and do all three.
What do you guys think? ^^

--------------------
user posted image
-----
-----
5. Euro - Male - Stoat

QUOTE (Forsaken)
¡Førsαkεη!
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 10:34 PM

Cuban Cowgirl
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2

Hai there
I'll be making a female for this pack shortly. (:
About the territory, The horse Herd has been established there
Reading over all the information of the pack since I'm the one making the page for you guys xD,
I was thinking why don't you move their territory into the Jilachi Basin.
This is middle point between Fields (where there is prey) and some of the Canyons.
It would be in your doberman's benefit since they aren't dogs made for rocky terrain -Doberman Guru-
and if gives you more opportunities to run into other animals aside from just prey
since you'd have more forest areas and are much closer to the river. biggrin.gif
And like I said, it would provide Canyon area & Field area so two over one.
You'd have more opportunities to 'chase' when your not in canyon area,
since a fall form there would surely kill ay pooch.
Let me know what you think :>
And/Or there could be truce between the dog pack and the horses that they could
herd deer and other beings into the Merciless territory every once in a while to
make sure they 'chase' needs are supplied. Since the Bryce Canyon Horse Herd is
3 miles east of the 'bent tree' so they are safe. But it's never a bad thing to have
over a 50 count horse herd on your side <3
---
and tell me more about the.. other table you wanted for like the
member hunt successful thing, that had me confused soo shoot at me with what your plan was.

--------------------
user posted image

Available
Dior - Orca -Alive | Nala - Lioness - Alive
Evolette - Vixen - Alive | Ink - Vixen - Alive
The Sultan - Lead Bryce Stallion - Alive
Aquamarine - Bitch - Alive

---
Suvalii - Mare - WiP | Open Lupine Slot
---
Unavailable
Oseles - Euro Wolverine - Deceased
Matt the Sailor
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 11:31 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Level II Intermediate
Member No.: 12

I have a male that'd I'd like to put into this pack, yessirrr.
Chiddy-Bang !

He's not the roughest and toughest out there, but he's a damn-good actor.
Raowolf
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 01:16 PM

Group Icon

Hey Fork, darn I was hoping to get to that territory before you >.> I saw the WIP for the horse pack page, but I guess I thought it was some kind of race for some reason - I put in the claim for the Canyon first, then I went away and couldn't get all of the information ready. You must have got their in the meantime x.x Oh well, we'll find somewhere else - I just liked it because it was awkward; both for victims and predators :3 I'll do some more looking and get back to you ASAP ^^
Hmm, also, I chose the Bent Tree because that bordered where the canyon gave way to grassland, like you say, but the Broken Rock because it was on the other side of said area, so the canyon was in the middle - doing that confusing thing where I look for territory as I type, I am changing my mind as I write the post. Can I keep the name Broken Rock, but have it instead as the edge of the cliff at Devil's Point; same name, different meaning.

I like what you say about Jilachi Basin, but I'm afraid I just can't see the pack running along it - I'd still like to keep the mystery of The Merciless, and it would be no challenge if the territory was perfect for them XD Devil's Point is still quite close to Bryce Canyon, I think - the map is a little confusing - whilst remaining a dangerous place. The fact of remaining near another territory is useful, as the pack can then have a few close calls; Wolf will stick to his word and never cross his own boundary line, but others in the pack may not be so giving; I can imagine a few mishaps involving mistaken boundaries and a horse with one hoof over the edge!
But a truce... I can't imagine them ever being entirely at ease, as any single horse found over the boundary line will probably be killed, but Wolf is smart; if he sees that they're getting the occasional prey out of the herd, then he won't attack them outright, as it's a semi-reliable source of food.

The other table I just thought would be easier than a bullet-pointed list, as there are so many things that could be detailed. I'll try and give it a go here, but I'm no good with HTML...
(this is copied from the club/fang table simply because, like i say, i can't work html for sugar - just to give you an idea. so ignore all the colours and stuff :3)
Date Hunt Started:
[enter here]
Name of Victim:
[enter here]
Breed/Species of Victim:
[enter here]
Successful?:
[yes or no]
If YES, who cast killing blow?:
[enter here]
If NO, did they join?:
[enter here]

... Okay, I've tried and tried, but this still isn't working. Hopefully it's given you an idea, however? If it still doesn't make sense, just make it a box =P

Hey Matt, do you still have your rat? If so, we have an RP thread for the Mischief now in San Galios City, so you can post there ^^
Chiddy Bang is an interesting one for the pack, but I'm sure he'll fit in nicely - is he backwritten into the pack(joined previously), or would you like him to be hunted?

ADMIN NOTE:

Couldn't help but fix that for you... I'm sorry... D:

NOT-AN-ADMIN NOTE:

Naww, thanks *bats playfully* I suck at HTML :3

This post has been edited by Raowolf on Aug 24 2011, 11:29 AM

--------------------
user posted image
-----
-----
5. Euro - Male - Stoat

QUOTE (Forsaken)
¡Førsαkεη!
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 01:39 PM

Cuban Cowgirl
Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2

I thought the basin was a completely forested area on a downhill slope? xD Lol
But yeah you can keep the stop and the bent tree -i added the things on the herd
roster :>
And your right.. devil's point is much more fitting for your hunters actually x3
I think it's a point between the Basin and the Canyon if I remember correctly :>
or it would be a full side of the Basin since it's a downwards slop completely forested with a creek running along the edge of it x3
and Sultan's grass greedy, he's herd anything out of his territory (that grazes grass)
and that would be
right towards the dog pack.
And since he's at one end, that would force the other animals to run to the exact
opposite side |D
Whooot for racing! <3

-Mom's shuffling me offline, but from what I gather, you want another table for these
race games yes?

oh and for my char I'll have her be hunted 8D heehe
-thinking up of breeds-
Aquamarine!
Here we go.. she's got a good balance of.. both strength and speed..
Defo a Fast Hunter, because she is a natural tracker, but she'll lie, so let's not put her as a tracker.
I want her to be Hunted, along with her twin sister, I have a plan with them doing trickery on
the pack while the 'game' is put on them. hehehe let me know if you want to know tis plan?

--------------------
user posted image

Available
Dior - Orca -Alive | Nala - Lioness - Alive
Evolette - Vixen - Alive | Ink - Vixen - Alive
The Sultan - Lead Bryce Stallion - Alive
Aquamarine - Bitch - Alive

---
Suvalii - Mare - WiP | Open Lupine Slot
---
Unavailable
Oseles - Euro Wolverine - Deceased
Sojourner
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 08:25 PM

Group Icon

-cough cough-

Raowolf, if you haven't noticed already, I've sent you a post.

Lebensgefährliche Waffe... can I have her... hunted? -Sadistic little me wants her to run for her life. :3

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Pages: (18) [1] 2 3 ... Last » New Poll

Affiliates

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1977 seconds | Archive