InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Caprica, Three episodes feat. Luciana as Priyah
Pedda
Posted: Aug 7 2009, 11:35 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Breaking: Luciana on Caprica!

Absolutely stunning news, my friends! Remember how we discussed the possibility of Luciana appearing on Caprica?

Well, a fanboy dream came true tonight yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Luciana just let this bomb drop: She’s going to be on Caprica!

This amazing and stunning news was tweeted by cjbucs, a lucky fan who attended Friday night’s Battlestar Q&A at Wizard World Chicago Comic-Con. She also writes that Luciana will be the only member of the Battlestar cast to appear on the show. (For now?)

Wow. How’s that for shocker? I wish I could express how incredibly happy I am for Luciana at this very moment, but I’m utterly speechless. She deserves this so much, and Caprica deserves her.

Besides, I had already been very much looking forward to the freshman season of this show, so this frakkin' fantastic. In a twist of irony, Caprica showrunner Espenson was also the writer of "The Passage". biggrin.gif

I'm not entirely sure if this is the "secret project", by the way.

Another personal comment: Oh my gosh… when was the last time I cried because of Luciana? This is so incredible. I think now is the perfect time to have my very first drink this year, lol.
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 03:56 AM

Touched by an angel

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11

Frak me, I'm soooo speechless right now! This is the coolest news in a very long time. Yeah, baby, this is so great!!! yahoo.gif dancingbunny.gif yahoo.gif dancingbunny.gif yahoo.gif Interesting to see what news appear while I'm asleep. whistle2.gif
Lucci on Caprica, I never thought that was going to happen. I'm so happy for her, this is wonderful.
Makes me wonder whether it's just one episode or if she'll get to play a recurring character.

--------------------
I ate French fries from Lucci's plate

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 04:22 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Yeah, I'm still totally giddy and emotional. In fact, I didn't sleep at all last night. And I can hardly imagine the joy she must be experiencing these days. It's galactic justice. wink.gif Lucky Lucci indeed!

A recurring character would be fraktastic. Hopefully we'll find out more about this once she talks to more fans at WWCCC.
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 11:51 AM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Pedda @ Aug 8 2009, 11:22 AM)
Hopefully we'll find out more about this once she talks to more fans at WWCCC.

Yeah, but I don't have high hopes for a lot of details. Though she could at least tell whether it's just a one-off appearance or a bit more.

--------------------

user posted image
Solium
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 03:39 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

Wow, this is so totally unexpected! yahoo.gif clap.gif

Well first off, CONGRATULATIONS Lucci!!!! You deserve good roles with the best scripts. wink.gif

Just to follow up on some of the speculation, since the news has been released "unofficially" at least, I think Lucci would have said if it was a recurring role. But hey, I'm very giddy even to see her in one episode of Caprica. dancingbunny.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
  Posted: Aug 8 2009, 10:32 PM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Aug 8 2009, 06:51 PM)
Yeah, but I don't have high hopes for a lot of details. Though she could at least tell whether it's just a one-off appearance or a bit more.

I asked LiveJournalist cujoy about it, and here's what he/she said:

"There was absolutely no elaboration whatsoever about what her role on Caprica will be. However, they used the phrase, 'joined the cast' which sounds more like she'll be in more than one episode than not."

Oh my frakkin' gods. There are no words to describe how fantastic a recurring role would be! yahoo.gif

Oh, and it was Eddie who broke the news of Luciana’s hiring during the Q&A, actually. That guy really knows how to do promo. clap.gif
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 01:07 PM

Touched by an angel

This is really cool. It's a bit difficult to judge what was going on from the different LiveJournal and Twitter reports, but I really hope she'll have a bigger role. This is all so exciting. smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Lex
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 03:02 PM

German Ambassador

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

To be honest, I didn't want any "Battlestar" regular on Caprica, no matter who. Why do we need something like that? There are so many actors in Vancouver.

Anyway, this is great news, and I can't wait to see her on "Caprica". I have (not very high) hopes that the producers are able to give her a believable role without ANY relationship to a certain Viper pilot. Please let it be something new, not her Grannie or something like that rolleyes.gif Or flashbacks, erm flashforwards. Pleeeease Ron, don't screw this up. unsure.gif

--------------------
Why you should watch "VERONICA MARS"

The Doctor: History says there was an explosion here. Who am I to argue?
Rose: Usually you're the first in line.
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 03:35 PM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Lex @ Aug 9 2009, 10:02 PM)
Please let it be something new, not her Grannie or something like that rolleyes.gif

Well, I don't know. The character could be very different and still be her granny to explain why she looks like Kat. But I think they'll leave that open to interpretation. After all, there is no way to find out whether she is her granny or not if they don't include any hints. Even if we knew Kat's family name (and we only know it's not Katraine), her granny would probably have a different one.
Well, I'll wait and see what happens. smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Lex
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 03:54 PM

German Ambassador

Nope, not what I want. There are billions of people in the twelve colonies (much more than in, say, Vancouver *g*), and we HAVE to see Kat's grandma, maybe in a recurring role? Why? Why on earth would that be a good idea? Giving Kat a background connecting her relatives to the Adamas is like, well, seeing Worfs Grandfather as Kirk's attorney. Senseless. Oh wait, they really did that rolleyes.gif

Maybe that's Ron's plan for "Caprica"? Let's summon all the relatives of every character ever seen on BSG. And if somebody asks why this happens, we say... erm... It was god. Worked once wink.gif

Nah, I love seeing Lucci on "Caprica" but I can't see a way to make it work really well. But no matter how crappy her role's written (I dunno, maybe they have a really good idea), she'll be great.

--------------------

FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 04:03 PM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Lex @ Aug 9 2009, 10:54 PM)
Nope, not what I want. There are billions of people in the twelve colonies (much more than in, say, Vancouver *g*), and we HAVE to see Kat's grandma, maybe in a recurring role? Why? Why on earth would that be a good idea?

I never said it was a good idea. Though I'm not excluding that they set it up this way so it's explained why she looks like Kat. But of course her grandma being involved in these events would be quite a big coincidence, and I don't like it when too many of these coincidences happen (and there already have been too many). That's why I think it's most likely they'll leave it open to interpretation. If someone wants to believe she is Kat's granny, let him, if one wants to believe she has nothing to do with Kat, let him. wink.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Lex
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 01:39 AM

German Ambassador

I never said you said it was a good idea thumbsup.gif

I think I'd prefer the "completely new character" version, but as you said before, without knowing her real name, we'll never know unless they tell us sad.gif

Same actor, different character... I don't like things like that, but it has happened before in more than one show. There was a guy in "Veronica Mars", playing one character for three episodes and another guy for six episodes. At least he got a different haircut rolleyes.gif I'm curious what they do to Lucci's hair cool.gif

--------------------

Solium
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 07:27 AM

HO!HO!HO!

Your conversations really do make it intriguing why they picked a "known" face, and an actress with an already "famous" character slip into this prequel.

It will be interesting to see how well we can suspend our disbelief and not see "Kat" in the scene(s).

But like both of you I sam not complaining. I am very excited about this! friends3.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 09:13 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Excellent news, my friends!

Grant Gould (aka gdg) talked to her at the con, and she told him that she's signed on for at least five episodes!!

Scroll to the bottom of this thread
http://community.livejournal.com/battlesta...og/1794984.html

Oh happy day! Congrats to our Luciana on getting this fabulous job

yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

---

@Lex: Fair enough. Gonna respond to your comments later!
Solium
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 10:13 AM

HO!HO!HO!

she's signed on for at least five episodes!!

Frak Yeah! Congrats Lucci!!!!
clap.gif dancingbunny.gif yahoo.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 10:40 AM

Touched by an angel

Wow, this is wonderful news! At least five episodes with our lovely Lucci. smile.gif If her character is in five eps so far, I see a good chance for them bringing her back for more episodes (unless they kill her off, that is). I'm soooo happy for her, and of course it will be great to watch her in several Caprica episodes. yahoo.gif dancingbunny.gif yahoo.gif dancingbunny.gif yahoo.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Lex
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 12:38 PM

German Ambassador

The more episodes the better. Not only will we see more lovely Lucci, but the chances are higher that they put some more thoughts into her character as they would into a small cameo.

--------------------

Pedda
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 04:16 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Pedda
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 05:03 PM

Lucci Worshiper

General talk - Pilot

The 2-hour pilot was released on DVD (R1 US) in April. The TV cut (premiering January 22, 2010, on Syfy) will be somewhat different.

Some of us shared their thoughts about the pilot in several threads already. But if we want to discuss the saga's beginning once again, this shall be the place to do it. smile.gif

Please avoid posting any spoilers concerning season 1.
Pedda
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 05:07 PM

Lucci Worshiper

General talk - Season 1

Discussing Season 1 in general. No spoilers!

Season 1 will premiere January 29, 2010, on Syfy (not counting the re-edited two-hour pilot which will premiere a week earlier).

Everything related to the first season shall be discussed here. Please avoid posting any hard spoilers!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2843 seconds | Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans