zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Still Life, Luciana as Rosa in two unaired episodes
Pedda
Posted: Jul 15 2008, 05:31 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Still Life

Luciana as Rosa in two unaired episodes

"Still Life", a show about "life, love and family", was supposed to air on Fox in early 2005, but never made it to the small screen in the end. Hence, there's no information on, let alone pictures or clips of, Lucci's role (Rosa) in two later episodes.

Next to Lucci, interesting people involved included creator Marti Noxon (who did great work on "Buffy" and "Angel") as well as famous genre actors such as lead Jensen Ackles ("Dark Angel" and "Supernatural"), and co-stars Morena Baccarin ("Firefly" and "Stargate SG-1") and Susanna Thompson (the second Borg Queen).

IMDb links

- Still Life
- 1.05 "Not Fade Away"
- 1.06 "Caught"

Premise

Jake Morgan is murdered on his first day as a cop. A year later, we return to his family and discover how each family member is reacting and recovering from their loss, with Jake as our narrator. His mother has resumed her dream of running for office, his dad is trying to rediscover his love of life, while his brother Max is trying to find himself. Jake's two younger sisters are trying to make sense of their lives without their brother. (TV.com)

Review

Although the show never aired anywhere, the pilot was distributed to journalists for promotional purposes. Luckily, it can be found on the internet, e.g. YouTube. I watched it just to get a feeling what "Still Life" was about and what it was like.

To be honest, even after watching the pilot I'm not sure what exactly the creators wanted their show to be about or to be like. Even after a pretty long exposition, the slowly paced episode lacks focus and gripping story elements.

Watching something from the distance (as the dead, narrating brother does) isn't that much fun for viewers after a while. Everybody's so subdued. Throw in heaps of clunky dialogue ("Being dead sucks, I can't kick my bro's ass") and mostly wooden performances, and you get an idea why the suits pulled the plug...

Wouldn't mind watching Lucci's eps, though, of course. wink.gif
Gnisten
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 09:50 AM

Lucci Lover

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

I've heard of this but not because of Morena Baccarin (who I absolutely adore) but I had no idea Lucci was in it as well,Jensen is great in Supernatural,he was also great in Smallville and Marti Noxon is amazing (big fan of the whedon-verse) she also had another show with potential a while back ago called Point Plesant but that got cancelled after 13 episodes if I remember correctly.It's a shame this show never got picked up.

sorry for going a bit off-topic whistle2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 05:52 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Whedonists, unite! biggrin.gif I'm re-watching the first season of "Angel" as we speak. Yeah, I heard about PP, but never came around to watching it.

As for shows not being picked up, I sometimes wonder how people in the industry cope with all the frustration that results from unemployment, rejected scripts, unproduced scripts, failed pilots, early cancellations and the like.
Gnisten
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 09:09 AM

Lucci Lover

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

hahaha....I actually started re-watching "Buffy",just started watching season 2 yesterday.

I know it must be frustrating,if you think about how much work and time invested in it as well.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0382 seconds · Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans