zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Galactica Four, London, UK: August 8-10, 2008
Pedda
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 04:57 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Galactica Four

Luciana attends a Wolfevent in the United Kingdom!

8-10 August 2008
Thistle Hotel
London-Heathrow

Website

Weekend tickets: 87, 50 GBP (110 EUR, 170 USD)

user posted image

The exciting adventure continues! Earlier this week, Wolfevents (UK) announced Luciana as the third guest for their annual BSG convention in August, Galactica Four. wub.gif Next to Lucci, fans will meet con animal Aaron "Chief" Douglas (trust me, the guy is a riot) and UK con virgin Michael "Anders" Trucco.

Apparently, all parties involved enjoyed the German Wolfevent in November (Crossroads) enough to justify a sequel in the UK. yahoo.gif With all the other BSG ladies flocking to FedCon and/or Sean Harry's Starfury cons this year, some people had a feeling Luciana would end up as the Queen of G4, and I'm very happy she will.

I can't speak for all the European Luccinatics out there, but at least Frosty and me won't pass on this opportunity. The next six weeks are going to be hard.

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again. clap.gif
FrostyJG
Posted: Jun 26 2008, 12:12 PM

Touched by an angel

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11

She will come to Europe, again! At least for us Europeans that's so great, I can't believe it. ohmy.gif wub.gif ohmy.gif wub.gif

It's kind of unfair we get Lucci every few months, while she never gets invited to a con in Florida. sad.gif I'm sorry, Solium.

Since of course I can't let that opportunity pass, I will have to get to London somehow. So thanks to Lucci, I'll visit England for the first time in my life. smile.gif

--------------------
I ate French fries from Lucci's plate

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 03:55 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Rick Worthy was announced as the fourth guest this morning. smile.gif He's been playing Cylon Simon since "The Farm". I like his cool voice. Plus, he and Lucci should get a panel where they talk about going up against Starbuck. biggrin.gif

user posted image

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Jun 26 2008, 07:12 PM)
So thanks to Lucci, I'll visit England for the first time in my life. smile.gif

That's great. Had it not been for her, I woudn't have explored the Netherlands, either (aside from just driving through it). Like we said elsewhere, although we won't be able to see much of The City, I'd be happy to show you around and help you with doing things in England.

Btw, this will be my first trip to England/London since I finished my academic year abroad back in June 2005. It won't be homecoming, but I hope it'll brack bring some of the nicer memories.
Gnisten
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 09:35 AM

Lucci Lover

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

Wow, that's cool!!

Can't go myself but still great though.

--------------------
user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 03:48 PM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (Gnisten @ Jun 30 2008, 04:35 PM)
Can't go myself but still great though.

I'm sorry to hear that. I asked Marcel (MAD), too, but he can't make it, either. And all our German friends spent/will spend their money on other conventions. Damn, I was hoping for a unique gathering of the European board members. sad.gif Well, at least Mark is thinking about coming...
FrostyJG
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 01:21 PM

Touched by an angel

@Gnisten: Too bad you can't come to the con.

It's also sad Marcel won't be able to attend. It looks like we two (and possibly Mark) will be the only ones from This board and CC who will visit the event.

--------------------

user posted image
Solium
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 05:37 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

It's also sad Marcel won't be able to attend. It looks like we two (and possibly Mark) will be the only ones from This board and CC who will visit the event.

That just means some more Lucci lovin' for you guys. naughty.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 06:27 PM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (Solium @ Jul 4 2008, 12:37 AM)
That just means some more Lucci lovin' for you guys.  naughty.gif

Looks like we'll have to bear that cross. Then again, my humble experience suggests that, by Sunday, people will be queuing up. wink.gif
Pedda
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 03:25 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Only slightly more than four weeks left! smile.gif

Frosty booked our hotel this week, and I just booked my flight, so now all I still need is a ticket for the con itself. This is gonna be sooo cool... clap.gif Oh, and at least one fellow Caprica City user will be there, too (her gawking will be focused on Trucco, though).
Pedda
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 02:11 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Aaron had to cancel. sad.gif

Then again, he has to shoot the pilot for his new show "The Bridge", so he had a very good reason (I'm so happy he got his own show).

So far, they sold around 130 tickets, so I'm not 100% sure if Wolfevents will present a replacement guest, but who knows. I'm rooting for Rekha Sharma, Alessandro Juliani or Kate Vernon. wink.gif
Solium
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 06:21 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Then again, he has to shoot the pilot for his new show "The Bridge", so he had a very good reason (I'm so happy he got his own show).

What "new" show is this and on what station will it air? I haven't heard of this. I did just read he is going to be in the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still"! Hopefully he will have an actual character to play and not just be present in the background like so many other films he has been in. whistle2.gif

Of course I send my condolences that you will not get to see Aaron. I hear hes the life of the party! naughty.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Jul 26 2008, 04:42 PM

Touched by an angel

Too bad he had to cancel. Is this con so much smaller than Crossroads? Because there, when Leah canceled, they brought in Lucci. So I have hopes they will have some sort of replacement here, as well.

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 11:39 AM

Lucci Worshiper

True. But first of all, Crossroads was promoted as a BSG/SGA/SG1 convention, so when Leah had to cancel, they lost their only real BSG guest. Second, the G4 page has always said "Minimum 3 Guests" so Wolfevents veteran Aaron was more like a bonus guest, I guess. Still, I wouldn't rule out Bryan tries and manages to get Callum Keith Rennie, Rekha Sharma or someone like that aboard.

QUOTE (Solium @ Jul 26 2008, 01:21 AM)
What "new" show is this and on what station will it air? I haven't heard of this. I did just read he is going to be in the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still"! Hopefully he will have an actual character to play and not just be present in the background like so many other films he has been in.  whistle2.gif

It hasn't been officially announced or reported anywhere, but Aaron told his (fantastic fan webmistress) Michelle that he's currently shooting the backdoor pilot for "The Bridge", a proposed high-concept cop show set in Toronto, modeled on "The Wire" and to be aired on a Canadian network.

(OCD about all things Aaron, and regularly fed with news by him, Michelle runs both the Aaron Douglas Fans repository and fan LJ The Chief's Deck.)

As for TDTESS, his scene was so small that even he doesn't know whether it made the final cut... I hope he/we'll find out before the release in early December.

Of course I send my condolences that you will not get to see Aaron. I hear hes the life of the party!  naughty.gif

Definitely. Whoever will replace him (if anybody) - without him, G4 will be less fun for everyone. Ah well, I hope FedCon Germany will book him for their next event in May 2009 (and seeing as both Leah and Nicki entertained the crowds well this year, I'm sure they wouldn't mind booking another young, outgoing BSG actress wink.gif).
Solium
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM

HO!HO!HO!

It hasn't been officially announced or reported anywhere, but Aaron told his (fantastic fan webmistress) Michelle that he's currently shooting the backdoor pilot for "The Bridge", a proposed high-concept cop show set in Toronto, modeled on "The Wire" and to be aired on a Canadian network.

Ah, nothing "official". So it may not make it to the air waves. And a bit of a bummer it will not been telecast in the states if it does. dry.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Jul 29 2008, 01:59 PM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Pedda @ Jul 27 2008, 06:39 PM)
Ah well, I hope FedCon Germany will book him for their next event in May 2009 (and seeing as both Leah and Nicki entertained the crowds well this year, I'm sure they wouldn't mind booking another young, outgoing BSG actress wink.gif).

Yes, but FedCon is quite big, there wouldn't be a lot of opportunity to talk to her.

I know a replacement for Aaron isn't very likely, but I still have a tiny little bit of hope. At Crossroads, they didn't just have a replacement, they also had a surprise guest for the SG fans.
Anyway, as long as Lucci attends I will be happy. smile.gif

As for Aarons Project, I wish him luck. Lot's of pilots don't get broadcast, and even more don't get picked up.

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 07:05 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Just four and a half days left. yahoo.gif My excitement is growing as fast as my pre-G4 to-do list. Did I mention I still don't know what to wear?

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Jul 29 2008, 08:59 PM)
I know a replacement for Aaron isn't very likely, but I still have a tiny little bit of hope. At Crossroads, they didn't just have a replacement, they also had a surprise guest for the SG fans.

Today the organizers clarified there won't be a fourth guest. sad.gif Hence, just as with the BSGcast frak party in Las Vegas, this will be an event where Lucci is the only female star guest. We better start queuing up. wink.gif

QUOTE (Frosty)
Yes, but FedCon is quite big, there wouldn't be a lot of opportunity to talk to her.

True. Or, we could try and get closer to the organizers, join the staff of volunteers, get backstage passes... and suddenly we're the ones who collect the money at her autograph table. biggrin.gif

Besides, FedCon would probably be her first opportunity to entertain not just 100 or 200 fans, but more than a thousand (I'm not sure about the size of the audiences of her plays, though). We gotta think about expanding her base, too! Plus, if it weren't for big events like FedCon, we'd never be able too see her and a pricey star like Katee Sackhoff on stage at the same time (admittedly one of my most fanboyish dreams for FedCon 2009 or 2010 wub.gif).

QUOTE (Frosty)
As for Aaron's project, I wish him luck. Lots of pilots don't get broadcast, and even more don't get picked up.

The movie will almost certainly air, since it's a MOW with the option of going to series, instead of just a first episode whose broadcast would depend on the pick-up of the entire show.
Solium
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:08 AM

HO!HO!HO!

and suddenly we're the ones who collect the money at her autograph table.

What percent of the cut do you take for collecting Lucci's money? rofl2.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Lex
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:12 AM

German Ambassador

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Pedda @ Aug 3 2008, 07:05 PM)
Today the organizers clarified there won't be a fourth guest.

Well, maybe there's gonna be a surprise guest like at last year's Crossroads Convention. There MUST be some nameless guy on the show who just pushes some buttons like Stargate-Chuck laugh.gif

--------------------
Why you should watch "VERONICA MARS"

The Doctor: History says there was an explosion here. Who am I to argue?
Rose: Usually you're the first in line.
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 08:30 AM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Lex @ Aug 4 2008, 02:12 PM)
Well, maybe there's gonna be a surprise guest like at last year's Crossroads Convention. There MUST be some nameless guy on the show who just pushes some buttons like Stargate-Chuck laugh.gif

That thought crossed my mind as well. They could have invited someone like Jennifer Halley, she probably wouldn't be too extensive since she usually has very few lines on the show (though a bit more diverse lines than Chuck's on Stargate).

While I really would have liked another guest, I'm happy as long as Lucci will be there.

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 05:47 PM

Lucci Worshiper

After entertaining fan crowds in her hometown back in 2005 (Vcon 30, together with Leah and Lucci), Jen has never been to a convention again, so I don't see this happening. I hope she'll make it to a signing event one day.

Anyway, today I finally once again reached the stage of "jumpy agitation" that, in the past, has marked many days before and after meeting Luciana in person, let alone the convention days themselves. I'm losing my appetite, the to-do lists are driving me crazy, and I suddenly started buying clothes and things spontaneously. laugh.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0508 seconds · Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans