zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Da Vinci's Inquest, Lucci guests in two season 5 episodes
Pedda
Posted: Aug 7 2007, 08:09 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Da Vinci's Inquest

Lucci guests in two season 5 episodes of this acclaimed crime procedural

user posted image user posted image

Luciana Carro plays Carmen in episodes 5.11 "The Ducks Are too Depressing" and 5.12 "You Got Monkey Chatter" of "Da Vinci's Inquest", an almost legendary Canadian show that has probably more awards than BSG does episodes.

Links

- Official website
- Wikipedia
- IMDb
- demo reel with a short clip from one of the two episodes
- screen caps from that scene

Summary of the show

Da Vinci's Inquest is a Canadian dramatic television series that aired on the CBC from 1998 to 2005. Seven seasons of thirteen episodes each were filmed for a total of ninety-one episodes.

The show, set and filmed in Vancouver, stars Nicholas Campbell as Dominic Da Vinci, once an undercover officer for the RCMP, but now a crusading coroner who seeks justice in the cases he investigates.

Da Vinci's Inquest was based partly on the real life experiences of Larry Campbell, the former chief coroner of Vancouver, British Columbia, who was elected mayor of that city in 2002. (Wikipedia)

Lucci's role

Good question. She portrays Carmen who, if I understand the demo reel's clip correctly, seems to have been in contact with a suspect in one of the cases the team is investigating in these two episodes. What I do know, however, is that I like the attitude of her role, and her make-up. She looks almost glamorous. wub.gif

What else?

Sadly, her episodes aren't availabe at the moment, neither legally nor illegaly. Although DVI is currently syndicated in the US, nobody seems to like it enough for sharing the episodes online. sad.gif Fortunately, the second season DVD set will be released in November, so there is a small chance we might finally see Lucci's appearances sometime next year. I know that's still a long time, but as Frosty noted elsewhere, we got pretty good at looking forward to something. wink.gif

BTW: As with other Canadian heavy-hitters such as "The L Word", most of BSG's Canadian cast guest starred on DVI at some point. Next to series regular Donnelly "Cottle" Rhodes, Lucci's episodes feature Dominic Zamprogna (Jammer), and Chris Shields (Venner, the recurring black Marine in early season 2),
Solium
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 05:31 AM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

I know this series is playing on cable in the US and I have even stumbled on it a few times channel surfing. So its pretty easy to find on the air. That said I haven't really watched any episodes and the only time I have see Lucci is in her demo reel.

I thought she looked amazing in the demo reel and I loved her acting in that piece. It was very natural and spontaneous which makes her believable.

The show itself sounds like a Canadian version of Quincy! laugh.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 05:33 AM

Touched by an angel

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11

Since she is in two episodes there is hope she has a more substantial role in DVI than in shows like “The Collector”, “Killer Instinct” or “Hidden Palms”. smile.gif

QUOTE (Pedda @ Aug 8 2007, 03:09 AM)

an almost legendary Canadian show that has probably more awards than BSG does episodes.

laugh.gif While I haven’t seen DVI, I don’t think I would like it better than BSG, not matter how many awards. wink.gif

QUOTE (Pedda @ Aug 8 2007, 03:09 AM)

What I do know, however, is that I like the attitude of her role, and her make-up. She looks almost glamorous. wub.gif

I completely agree! thumbsup.gif

There is one thing that worries me a bit: Season 1 was first released on DVD in 2003 (then there was a second release of season 1 in February 2007), and the second season will be released in November this year. But Luciana’s appearances are in season 5! I hope they will make the other DVD sets available without 4 year long gaps between the seasons. unsure.gif

Edit (Solium posted while I wrote my post. Nice timing):

QUOTE (Solium @ Aug 8 2007, 12:31 PM)

I thought she looked amazing in the demo reel and I loved her acting in that piece. It was very natural and spontaneous which makes her believable.

I completely agree with that, too!

--------------------
I ate French fries from Lucci's plate

user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Aug 8 2007, 06:51 AM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Aug 8 2007, 11:33 AM)
There is one thing that worries me a bit: Season 1 was first released on DVD in 2003 (then there was a second release of season 1 in February 2007), and the second season will be released in November this year. But Luciana’s appearances are in season 5! I hope they will make the other DVD sets available without 4 year long gaps between the seasons. unsure.gif

They re-released it to coincide with the US premiere, I think. Future releases will certainly depend on the US sales of the S2 box. As for the release schedule, I have no idea. On the one hand, they probably won't put out as much DVD's as with the "Star Trek" series (sometimes four seasons a year, per series), but due to the age of the series and the advent of high-def DVD's, I don't think they'll spread it out to three years, either.
Pedda
  Posted: Aug 10 2007, 03:55 AM

Lucci Worshiper

I inquired about Lucci's role over at the official DVI forums, and Vite kindly helped me out:

She played a young prostitute in DVI. It was a very minor part. Suki was "babysitting" these two young prostitutes, Carmen being one of them - can't be sure, but I think they were witnesses and Suki was keeping an eye on them... and keeping them away from Brian Curtis and his sexual advances. He showed up at the apartment and Suki shoos him away saying it's girls only. She also took the girls out of the building so they could score their dope.
Solium
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 05:29 AM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

It may have been a very minor part but its one of her best performances outside of BSG and really shows her talent. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 05:37 AM

Touched by an angel

Judging from the clips in the demo reel I agree with you, Solium, her performance was great. smile.gif

Thanks for your effort, Pedda!
Since she was in 2 eps I was hoping for a bit more than a minor part, but I still want to watch these episodes, of course!

She also took the girls out of the building so they could score their dope.

I guess that was the scene from the demo reel? scratchchin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Aug 10 2007, 01:13 PM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Aug 10 2007, 11:37 AM)
She also took the girls out of the building so they could score their dope.

I guess that was the scene from the demo reel? scratchchin.gif

Yeah, that would make sense. You know, I never figured out what exactly they were talking about in that scene. Then again, I'm not very well versed in either drugs or prostitutes. wink.gif

Oh, and while IMO there's nothing to be said against (legal) prostitution or shady/complicated roles, I'm rather glad that a Christmas-themed movie on a family-oriented cable network is a safeguard against Lucci playing a drunken person or a prostitute for the fifth time. unsure.gif Hope this ain't offensive. I'm incredibly happy she got this role in "Snowglobe". wub.gif
FrostyJG
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 02:57 PM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Pedda @ Aug 10 2007, 08:13 PM)
Oh, and while IMO there's nothing to be said against (legal) prostitution or shady/complicated roles, I'm rather glad that a Christmas-themed movie on a family-oriented cable network is a safeguard against Lucci playing a drunken person or a prostitute for the fifth time. unsure.gif Hope this ain't offensive. I'm incredibly happy she got this role in "Snowglobe".  wub.gif

I completely agree. While the more "shady" roles provide more potential for a complex character and interesting interaction with other characters, it will be nice to watch "Snowglobe" and just feel good doing it. And with a Christmas movie I won’t have to worry about her character dying a horrible death or something equally terrible. I know, it’s just fiction, but seeing something like that happen to a character played by Lucci is still unpleasant for me. unsure.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Dec 2 2007, 05:28 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Season 2 came out on DVD last month, and according to TVShowsOnDVD, the Season 3 box set will be released in June. If they stick to this pattern, Lucci's Season 5 eps won't be out until mid-2009. sad.gif

Oh, but if anybody feels like spending 200 bucks on the illegal complete set [link removed], be our guest. wink.gif
Michael
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 06:39 PM

Lucciholic

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

oh noooo.... sad.gif

--------------------
half a woman, half a goddess...

user posted image

www.lucianacarro.de
FrostyJG
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 09:26 AM

Touched by an angel

Look at the bright side. We can enjoy looking forward to it for a long time! laughinggr.gif

Seriously, I would love to see it. But paying $200 for something that probably has a very low picture quality is not an option for me.

--------------------

user posted image
Michael
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 05:52 PM

Lucciholic

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

yeah and as long as we would get it one day it's worth to wait for a better quality unsure.gif

--------------------
half a woman, half a goddess...

user posted image

www.lucianacarro.de
Pedda
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 10:33 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Bad news

The Season 3 DVDs were released in June. Lucci's Season 5 episodes won't be available on DVD, however. According to this discussion thread on IMDb's Da Vinci's Inquest board, "Acorn Media... have not licensed any additional seasons of DVI, so they have no releases scheduled." sad.gif

Good news

Season 1 popped up on Hulu earlier this month. So there's a good chance they'll offer streams of Season 5 episodes eventually. yahoo.gif Now keep your fingers crossed there will not always be a six-month break before they put an additional full season online (like with the DVD sets)...
FrostyJG
Posted: Dec 15 2008, 06:22 AM

Touched by an angel

Thanks for finding out about this!

QUOTE (Pedda @ Dec 15 2008, 04:33 AM)
"Acorn Media... have not licensed any additional seasons of DVI, so they have no releases scheduled." sad.gif

That's bad news, I would have loved to own it on DVD and watch it in good quality.

Season 1 popped up on Hulu earlier this month. So there's a good chance they'll offer streams of Season 5 episodes eventually.

That's good news I guess. Hopefully, unlike the DVD company, they will acquire the rights to show the additional seasons.

Now keep your fingers crossed there will not always be a six-month break before they put an additional full season online (like with the DVD sets)...

Yes, that would be a long wait. And I don't really see a point in waiting so long with releasing this stuff.
And I also hope they don't cut Lucci's scenes like they did with "Peacemakers".
So I really hope we will see these episodes at one point.

Btw, is there a way to capture/save Hulu streams? Because if they put it up, they might as well take it down again after a few years.

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 09:47 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Season 1 popped up on Hulu earlier this month [December]. So there's a good chance they'll offer streams of Season 5 episodes eventually. Now keep your fingers crossed there will not always be a six-month break before they put an additional full season online (like with the DVD sets)...

Didn't see that coming so early: Hulu added season 2 to their catalog last month. If they continue to add new seasons every eight to ten weeks, we're gonna be able to watch Lucci's season 5 episodes later this year. smile.gif
FrostyJG
Posted: Mar 14 2009, 01:48 PM

Touched by an angel

That's great news! The sooner we can see one of her last few productions we weren't able to watch yet, the better. Though I'm happy as long as we can see it at all and could wait a few more years if I had to.

--------------------

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0514 seconds · Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans