zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

The Chris Isaak Show, Lucci recurs as Tanya in two seasons
Pedda
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 09:44 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

The Chris Isaak Show

Lucci recurs as Tanya in two seasons

This was one of Luciana's very first roles, and she appeared in seven episodes during seasons 2 and 3. The series aired on Showtime from 2001 to 2004. Currently, DVDs are not legally available.

Links

- Pictures and videos from all of Luciana's seven episodes
- Wikipedia
- IMDb
- Fan site with episode guide and gallery

Summary of the show

The Chris Isaak Show takes an irreverent look at the sexy, outrageous backstage world of rock music. Featuring Chris, his real life band members and an ensemble of oddball characters, the stories offer a fanciful mix of fact and fiction and follow Chris on the road, into the studio and even onto his surfboard as he tries to live an ordinary life - in spite of - his chosen profession. The show was cancelled in 2004 due to Isaak's wish to continue with his music career. (Wikipedia)

Summary of Tanya's arc

Tanya is band member Anson's girlfriend. TBC

Episodes

2.02 - The Devil Made Me Do It

January 13, 2002
(no description of her first appearance available)

2.03 - Chris Isaak Day

January 20, 2002
Anson has celebrity issues, too. When his latest squeeze, Tanya (Luciana Carro,) complains that the Planet Hollywood jacket Anson gave her is nylon instead of leather, he's pissed off that he's unable to get her the real thing.

2.16 - Isaakland

July 2, 2002
(no description of her third appearance available)

2.17 - Charity Begins at Home

July 9, 2002
Meanwhile, Anson is fervently necking with his on-and-off girlfriend Tanya (Luciana Carro), in a broom closet at Bimbo's when she confides to him that she's being harassed by Gordon (Michael D. Bennett,) a guy she used to date. Anson boldly gives her his best advice on how to handle the situation, and ends up in the parking lot after the concert, dealing with Gordon, fist to face.

3.05 - The Little Mermaid

May 5, 2002
Meanwhile, Anson and Tanya wake up in their Las Vegas hotel room after a night of hard partying to find that part of the evening's activities included a wedding…

3.13 - Suspicion
Solium
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 04:42 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

Luci showed a wonderful quarky comedic side from the short clips we have seen in her promo reel. She could fill the shoes of Sandra Bullock if given the chance. wink.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
  Posted: Mar 13 2007, 05:23 PM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (Solium @ Mar 12 2007, 10:42 PM)
Luci showed a wonderful quarky comedic side from the short clips we have seen in her promo reel. She could fill the shoes of Sandra Bullock if given the chance. wink.gif

Sandra Bullock? huh.gif Interesting... I never thought of these actresses to be similar in any way. Perhaps it's just too long since I have seen a Bullock movie. These days I hardly watch movies anyway.

However, you're right in emphasizing the refreshingly different performances Lucci is doing in her CIS episodes. I'd love to see more of that. Hopefully, one day she'll have the opportunity to do comedy again.

BTW: I contacted the admin of the Chris Isaak fansite. Hopefully he can provide some additional information about Lucci's role, or even some pictures from other episodes.
Solium
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 06:35 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Carro and Bullock are similar only in their comedic approach which is often one of bewilderment. laugh.gif wink.gif

Never thought of contacting the admin of the CIS fan site. scratchchin.gif In fact I didn’t even know there was one. Once again Pedda comes up with a brilliant idea. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
  Posted: Mar 22 2007, 03:46 PM

Lucci Worshiper

This week, I talked to the webmaster of ChrisIsaak.nl, a fansite dedicated to everything concerning the singer ("Wicked Game") and actor, including his Showtime series "The Chris Isaak Show".

As it turns out, Luciana Carro appeared in fewer episodes than many of us may have expected, four in season 2 and one in season 3 (remember she's listed as a recurring guest star for both seasons on many sites).

2.02 - The Devil Made Me Do It

January 13, 2002
(no description of her first appearance available)

2.03 - Chris Isaak Day

January 20, 2002
Anson has celebrity issues, too. When his latest squeeze, Tanya (Luciana Carro,) complains that the Planet Hollywood jacket Anson gave her is nylon instead of leather, he's pissed off that he's unable to get her the real thing.

2.16 - Isaakland

July 2, 2002
(no description of her third appearance available)

2.17 - Charity Begins at Home

July 9, 2002
Meanwhile, Anson is fervently necking with his on-and-off girlfriend Tanya (Luciana Carro), in a broom closet at Bimbo's when she confides to him that she's being harassed by Gordon (Michael D. Bennett,) a guy she used to date. Anson boldly gives her his best advice on how to handle the situation, and ends up in the parking lot after the concert, dealing with Gordon, fist to face.

3.05 - The Little Mermaid

May 5, 2002
Meanwhile, Anson and Tanya wake up in their Las Vegas hotel room after a night of hard partying to find that part of the evening's activities included a wedding…
Solium
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 04:52 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Thats sad. sad.gif I thought Lucci was a regular. unsure.gif
Anyway thanks for the finer details regarding her work on the series. friends3.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Dec 1 2007, 04:35 PM

Touched by an angel

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11

Today I did an Internet search (again) for "The Chris Isaak Show". Unfortunately it was never released on DVD, nor is it available for download at the usual places.

On the Amazon.com page for this series you can sign up for an email notification should it ever be released. Also notice there is Luciana's name in the actors list.

It looks like the only way to get these episodes is to buy TV rips of the entire series, which is quite costly, even for a luccinatic like me.

I know this thread hasn't been active for a long time, but I just wanted to post this little scoop about the availability for the sake of completeness. wink.gif

Edit: Solium

--------------------
I ate French fries from Lucci's plate

user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Dec 1 2007, 04:51 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Nice! clap.gif Well, kind of. At least there is a chance we'll get to see it one day. Then again, there's simply no way at this point that I can afford $75 (excl. shipping!) fpr something like that. But they have it! *argh* Guys, let's get the ram. ninja.gif
Solium
Posted: Dec 1 2007, 05:00 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Yikes! A lot of money for something that didn't come from the studio. Ugh, weird how some things take FOREVER to get released on DVD.

I am not sure but I think as is always the case with movies or video with songs in them, their might be copyright issues releasing the DVD's. Ive heard of other movies where some songs had to be removed and replaced with other songs so they could get it released on video.

I would really love to see this. Lucci appeared quite energetic and very funny. And so different from everything else she has done.

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Dec 1 2007, 05:48 PM

Touched by an angel

QUOTE (Pedda @ Dec 1 2007, 10:51 PM)
Then again, there's simply no way at this point that I can afford $75 (excl. shipping!) fpr something like that.

Same for me. The cons drained my finances (but it was worth it!), so I can't afford these videos. Maybe some day I'll buy them.

--------------------

user posted image
Michael
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 07:56 AM

Lucciholic

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

hm what do you think if we collect the money from the people who want it and share it under us? just an idea. so that will cost us the movies plus some dvd-r sad.gif the only question is, which version are we going to buy and do we need the whole series... wink.gif perhaps we can a talk about a special for the episodes we need... sad.gif

--------------------
half a woman, half a goddess...

user posted image

www.lucianacarro.de
Pedda
  Posted: Dec 2 2007, 08:11 AM

Lucci Worshiper

I just did some calculations. If Solium ordered the set, sent one package with the copies of the relevant discs to, say, Frosty, and if our fellow German sent one package to me and one to Michael, the total costs (incl. each shipping, excl. blank DVD's) would be around 100 dollars (66 euros).

Divided by four, this would mean 25 dollars or 17 euros (which is some four euros more than us Germans will pay for the FF issue). Not to put pressure on anyone, but what do you think?
FrostyJG
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 08:20 AM

Touched by an angel

Well, I would certainly be willing to pay 25 bucks for it, so yes, I think the idea is good.

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Dec 2 2007, 10:16 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Oh, and just to whet your appetite: When asked about her most embarrassing audition (during her joint panel with Patrick Currie), Luciana chose to talk about her very first successful audition, "The Chris Isaak Show". To get the role, she was asked to strip to a song of her own choice - however, she wasn't supposed to look sexy doing that, but clumsy. laugh.gif

Lucci stripped to the Destiny's Child smash hit "Bootylicious", which is why I'll never be able to listen to that album or song again without getting the giggles during "I don't think you're ready for this jelly". naughty.gif Anyway, I know these episodes are gonna be frakkin' funny.
Michael
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 10:33 AM

Lucciholic

laugh.gif @ pedda... i've totally forget this story. whistle2.gif thanks for remembering me....

rofl2.gif

i also would pay 25 bucks for it... clap.gif friends3.gif

--------------------

user posted image

www.lucianacarro.de
FrostyJG
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 11:49 AM

Touched by an angel

Poor Lucci, I really felt sorry for her when she told that story. She said she wondered if the audition tapes really are destroyed afterwards, or if someone kept that copy.
Since she is rather shy, stripping in front of the casting director wasn't exactly very pleasant for her.

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Dec 2 2007, 11:57 AM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Dec 2 2007, 06:49 PM)
Since she is rather shy, stripping in front of the casting director wasn't exactly very pleasant for her.

Guess so, that must've been tough, especially since it was one of the first auditions in her entire TV career. unsure.gif I just hope she didn't have to do it in front of an aged casting director who was reader at the same time and said "I love you"... ^^

As for the video, who knows if such a peculiar sexy/clumsy combo would've been the deal maker for Ugly Betty? wink.gif
Solium
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 01:27 PM

HO!HO!HO!

To get the role, she was asked to strip to a song of her own choice - however, she wasn't supposed to look sexy doing that, but clumsy
blush.gif

Dirty old producers! dry.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Michael
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 02:27 PM

Lucciholic

sometimes they're too naughty... sad.gif but in one way it is there job....

--------------------

user posted image

www.lucianacarro.de
Solium
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 06:21 PM

HO!HO!HO!

QUOTE (Michael @ Dec 2 2007, 02:27 PM)
sometimes they're too naughty... sad.gif but in one way it is there job....

Honestly I hardly see where a comical strip tease is a prerequisites for the job. Unless of course your going to star in a comedy about a stripper. Seriously, I think thats in very poor taste and objectifies any actress trying to get an acting gig. Kinda angers me to tell the truth.

--------------------
It came with shoes
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0470 seconds · Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans