zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Peacemakers (scene cut), Prostitute in 1.03 "No Excuse"
Pedda
Posted: Jan 21 2007, 08:23 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Peacemakers

Luciana as Elena in 1.03 "No Excuse"

"Peacemakers", a show about forensic science in the Old West, premiered on USA in 2003. It was cancelled after one season. Luciana Carro can be seen portraying Elena in "No Excuse", the third episode.

Edit (May '08): Please note that her scene was apparently deleted.

Links
- "No Excuse" on Hulu
- IMDb profile of the episode
- shooting script of the episode
- Wikipedia entry on the show
Solium
Posted: Jan 21 2007, 10:38 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

They had forensic science in the old west! blink.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 03:54 PM

Touched by an angel

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11

While I have not seen this series, there are scripts for the episodes on TWIZ TV. According to their disclaimer, these are original scripts. Lucianas scene begins on page 24 of the pdf file for No Excuse. Looks like it was a pretty small role again (and Im not too happy with what she plays unsure.gif). The finished episode could of course be different, but its still an interesting read.

--------------------
I ate French fries from Lucci's plate

user posted image
Sardaukar
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 05:22 PM

Curious On Looker

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

The forensic science in the old west:

Sheriff-Is dead by 3 shoots of a firearm. Anyone has seen the responsable? No? Case closed.Mmm... that guy owned a nice boots ...

Don't hit me for that whistle2.gif

I hope(and for sure) this excellent work done by Luciana in BSG and doolitle3 opens for she a lot of doors, including a major paper.

--------------------
user posted image
CELESTIA, a free cosmos simulator. DOWNLOAD it, it's really good!---> http://www.shatters.net/celestia/download.html (only 14 MB)
Solium
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 07:31 AM

HO!HO!HO!

The forensic science in the old west:

Sheriff-Is dead by 3 shoots of a firearm. Anyone has seen the responsable? No? Case closed.Mmm... that guy owned a nice boots ...

rofl2.gif rofl2.gif rofl2.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
Posted: May 9 2008, 08:39 PM

Lucci Worshiper

I have news, my friends! Good news and bad news, actually.

The good news: As you may or may not know, several weeks ago, some of the big media corporations launched Hulu, a free, legal and ad-supported streaming service for films and TV episodes. Next to exciting programs such as BSG, you can watch all the "Peacemakers" episodes as well.

The bad news: No Luciana! Yes, I sat through the whole episode, only to realize her entire scene was missing. angry.gif Like Frosty said, TWIZ had an original script only, so there may have been rewrites or cuts. Frankly, the scene wasn't essential to either plot or character drama anyway.

With "No Excuse" (1.03) being much shorter than all the other eps on Hulu, however, there's also the possibility that Hulu censored the scene.

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ Jan 24 2007, 10:54 PM)
Looks like it was a pretty small role again (and Im not too happy with what she plays unsure.gif).

Yeah yeah, but obviously that was before you acquired a taste for Lucci with undies. tongue.gif Well, I know what you mean - it's one of no less than three roles as a prostitute, among only 23 projects altogether. Is that all WASPy casting directors or producers can think of when they cast a "Latina"? wink.gif

Then again, it's not disreputable work, and I think it would have been interesting to see that scene because Elena's behavior is very different from Gail's in "Two for the Money" or Carmen's in "Da Vinci's Inquest" - there was nothing seductive about these characters.

As for the episode in general, I find it hard to judge it fairly because I was so excited when I discovered the episode - and so frakkin' angry when I didn't get to see that scantily-clad Mexican chick! wink.gif

Despite a painfully clunky exposition, there wasn't much of a gripping plot, just a few interesting scenes when women discussed their choices. The forensic science aspect seemed kinda weird, and it was of course carried by the Sherrif's dorky sidekick.
FrostyJG
Posted: May 10 2008, 04:42 AM

Touched by an angel

Oh no, that's really a pity. sad.gif No Lucci in the episode. This is one of her few roles I haven't seen yet. I'm still not too happy with what she plays, but it's Lucci and it's her job, and it's a good thing she plays different characters. So it would be interesting to see it.

QUOTE (Pedda)
With "No Excuse" (1.03) being much shorter than all the other eps on Hulu, however, there's also the possibility that Hulu censored the scene.

But why should they censor it? There is nothing wrong with showing a sexy woman. Maybe they thought the seductive nature of her role was too offensive. Or it was a nude scene, the series is a co production of the USA and Canada, and Canada doesn't seem to be shy in these matters. But hopefully it was not, because we know Lucci doesn't want to do these scenes.

As for the episode in general, I find it hard to judge it fairly because I was so excited when I discovered the episode - and so frakkin' angry when I didn't get to see that scantily-clad Mexican chick! wink.gif

Yes, I can fully understand that. Like you, I want to see everything she has worked on, we are just Lucci-Collectors. Because the scene really wasn't necessary for the plot or character development, it wouldn't be a big deal to me under normal circumstances, this scene features Lucci, so it is a big deal! wink.gif
I can't decide whether to watch the episode or not, just to see what that series she worked on is like.

--------------------

user posted image
Solium
Posted: May 10 2008, 06:43 AM

HO!HO!HO!

I found Hulu a few weeks ago. Or did someone here tell me about it? unsure.gif

Well just to chime in. If you listened to Mary McDonnell at the panel she discussed how much more difficult it is for women in show business. In her case she was referring to "aging" actresses. However the same can be said for actresses just starting out in the business.

There never seems to be a script in short supply of either requiring an actress to be nude or fill the role of a prostitute.

Men (in Hollywood) in general don't have to worry as much about aging, (gives them character) theres not a lot of scripts for male prostitutes and the US would burn to the ground if we actually showed mail genitalia. Soooo, yea, there are far less favorable scripts for actresses be them newbies or veterans in the business.

Why they would cut out or censor Lucci's scenes is bewildering. I don't think it was because of "content" and theres no time restrictions on the internet. wacko.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
Posted: May 10 2008, 05:19 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Well, when I say the omission could be the result of censoring I'm really just speculating. I haven't seen enough of Hulu's offerings to judge whether they have a certain "decency" policy. Given the media's attitude to these things, however, I wouldn't be surprised. After all, Hulu can be accessed by children, too.

QUOTE (Solium)
If you listened to Mary McDonnell at the panel she discussed how much more difficult it is for women in show business.

Thanks for bringing that up. While many of the Trek actors got rather... uh... "light" questions during both the press conference and the actual panels, I was delighted that many BSG actors were asked to talk about "issues" as well. It was a pleasure to listen to Mary's remarks on the challenges of women in the biz.

QUOTE (Frosty)
I can't decide whether to watch the episode or not, just to see what that series she worked on is like.

It's not worth it, really. If you're bent on spending 50 minutes on watching a TV seris set in the Old West, you better check out "Deadwood" - a show starring future "Caprica" lead Paula Malcomson, and a show Luciana loves. wink.gif
Solium
Posted: May 11 2008, 06:25 AM

HO!HO!HO!

Yeah yeah, but obviously that was before you acquired a taste for Lucci with undies

Lucci wears editable undies???? blush.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
Posted: May 11 2008, 06:29 AM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (Solium @ May 11 2008, 01:25 PM)
Lucci wears editable undies???? blush.gif

Huh?? Did I write sumtin funny? I fight with this language on a daily basis. wink.gif
FrostyJG
Posted: May 11 2008, 06:50 AM

Touched by an angel

rofl2.gif I get that joke, if you mean "edible". wink.gif
But Pedda said Lucci with undies, not Lucci's undies. wink.gif But I guess unlike her underwear she would be edible. wink.gif
But no, not this kind of taste. And for the record, I didn't acquire that taste only lately. I said Lucci's warm and friendly personality is what impresses me even more than her looks, but I never said I didn't notice her physical attributes. blush.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: May 11 2008, 06:58 AM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (FrostyJG @ May 11 2008, 01:50 PM)
But I guess unlike her underwear she would be edible.

laugh.gif

That's exactly what concerned mothers would like to read about their celeb daughters on the internet, isn't it? I'm sure Mrs. Carro is very proud.

You crack me up.
FrostyJG
Posted: May 11 2008, 10:08 AM

Touched by an angel

I meant "edible" in the literal sense, not what you think. But of course no one would want to cook her, wink.gif and I'm an almost-vegetarian (a few sausages from time to time, but other than that no meat).

--------------------

user posted image
Pedda
Posted: May 11 2008, 10:17 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Maybe we should just get out a little more. wink.gif

/off to the riverside
Solium
Posted: May 12 2008, 06:32 PM

HO!HO!HO!

But I guess unlike her underwear she would be edible.

I don't think Frosty knows what "funny" he made! rofl2.gif

I get that joke, if you mean "edible".

Frosty knows English better than me! blush.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 12:35 AM

Lucci Worshiper

Check out the new Peacemakers page at the Fansite

As we have discussed above, Luciana's scene in that show's episode "No Excuse" was apparently cut. So instead of a nice video or screencaps, you'll have to settle for an excerpt from the original script.
Solium
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 05:31 AM

HO!HO!HO!

Finch (her leg has him practically pinned against the bed): It's, uh... fetching.

Did he really say fetching? rofl2.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
FrostyJG
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 06:04 AM

Touched by an angel

Good idea putting the an excerpt of the script on the site! thumbsup.gif After reading this again, this scene really is sexy. Maybe this scene was too sexy to put on Hulu, though it still is strange. She is sexily dressed and there are references to prostitution, but is that really enough to justify cutting the scene? And considering how short the episode is, it couldn't have been cut for time.

QUOTE (Solium @ Nov 8 2008, 11:31 AM)
Did he really say fetchingrofl2.gif

Well, since no one of us has seen this scene, we don't know. This is just from the original script I found quite some time ago, and I just checked, he does "fetching" in the script, Pedda didn't change that.

Well, Luciana is fetching, and I'm sure red nail polish would look good on her. At the G4 she had orange toenails (as you certainly noticed on the photos).

--------------------

user posted image
Solium
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 06:15 AM

HO!HO!HO!

Maybe this scene was too sexy to put on Hulu, though it still is strange. She is sexily dressed and there are references to prostitution

Considering what is shown on commercial television in the US nowadays I do not see why a scene like that would be cut. Its a typical scene in any Western going way back to the 50's or 60's. So, no I do not see a reason to "censor" that scene.

--------------------
It came with shoes
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0533 seconds · Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans