Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Luciana Carro. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

All-Con, Dallas, TX: March 16-18, 2007
Pedda
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 04:58 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Luciana Carro @ Dallas All-Con

March 16-18, 2007

During the second weekend of Spring Break, fans are invited to join the 2007 edition of fan-run multi-franchise convention Dallas All-Con.

"For three days All-Con provides an umbrella of content supporting fans of Science Fiction, Fantasy, Renaissance, Anime, Costuming, Theater / Performing Arts, Mystery, Art, Crafts, Collecting, and Film Making. To help 'give back' there are several charity events at the convention every year."

"Along with the many features that are available daily, our schedule includes unique discussion panels, workshops, demonstrations, and performances every hour. Most are not repeated due to having such a large varitey of choices to present in a short three days."

Next to a voice actor, this year's star guests are Kate Vernon and Luciana Carro, both of whose characters were killed off in Battlestar Galactica's third season.

Weekend tickets are $25 for adults.
Solium
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 10:47 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Member No.: 1

Wow! Thatís affordable and almost a feasible distance for me. ( But try getting me on a plane) This is wonderful news, hope Lucci gets more convention gigs. Thatís so cool Kate is doing the conventions also. Weird, they both died in the same season and doing conventions together. unsure.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
  Posted: Jan 20 2007, 09:55 AM

Lucci Worshiper

QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 20 2007, 04:47 AM)
Thatís affordable and almost a feasible distance for me. ( But try getting me on a plane)

Oh, come on! Don't tell us the first real-life encounter with Lucci will fail because of your fear of flying. sad.gif You know what's at stake! Haven't you learnt from BSG that you need to confront your fears? wink.gif

Weird, they both died in the same season and doing conventions together.  unsure.gif

It's not that weird, I think. Both are certainly cheaper than actors who are still working on the series, and both appear to have very few filming obligations (at least according to their IMDb profiles).
Solium
Posted: Jan 20 2007, 07:48 PM

HO!HO!HO!

QUOTE (Pedda @ Jan 20 2007, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 20 2007, 04:47 AM)
Thatís affordable and almost a feasible distance for me. ( But try getting me on a plane)

Oh, come on! Don't tell us the first real-life encounter with Lucci will fail because of your fear of flying. sad.gif You know what's at stake! Haven't you learnt from BSG that you need to confront your fears? wink.gif

Well its something I can consider and I have enough time to plan for it. Sort of scratchchin.gif

Now if she would just move a little to the East, say Atlanta or Orlando that is a drive I COULD make! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Sardaukar
Posted: Jan 21 2007, 06:24 PM

Curious On Looker

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 20 2007, 07:48 PM)
Now if she would just move a little to the East, say Atlanta or Orlando that is a drive I COULD make!  thumbsup.gif

I expect you go to see Luciana! And take photo's!( a photo with you and Luciana will be EXCELENT!) In other sites, the posibilities of this, are minimal, near to imposible. For the fans who couldn't go to see her, go YOU(that's and order wink.gif )!!! And make me feel envy(or the word is jealous?) tongue.gif .

--------------------
user posted image
CELESTIA, a free cosmos simulator. DOWNLOAD it, it's really good!---> http://www.shatters.net/celestia/download.html (only 14 MB)
Solium
Posted: Jan 21 2007, 10:35 PM

HO!HO!HO!

QUOTE (Sardaukar @ Jan 21 2007, 06:24 PM)
I expect you go to see Luciana!  And take photo's!( a photo with you and Luciana will be  EXCELENT!) In other sites, the posibilities of this, are minimal, near to imposible. For the fans who couldn't go to see her, go YOU(that's and order  wink.gif  )!!! And make me feel envy(or the word is jealous?)  tongue.gif .

Ok, you all convinced me to seriously consider this. Let me see if I can work out the time, travel, and finances. If I did go you can be sure I will take a good digital camera with me. wink.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Sardaukar
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 07:42 PM

Curious On Looker

QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 21 2007, 10:35 PM)
Ok, you all convinced me to seriously consider this. Let me see if I can work out the time, travel, and finances. If I did go you can be sure I will take a good digital camera with me.  wink.gif

If you go, I think its a good idea to do something especial for her... i thinking a lot of posibilities( o that your you would have to give it to it -unfortunately I cannot go-). That if you don't feel "scared"(or embarrased or anything), I am thinking about something of the style of a letter of congratulation + flowers or something thus. (If you do not want to do this, there is no problem, it's only a suggestion wink.gif ).

By all means of the cost of the flowers or what is, it would be necessary to pay to a part each one. But remember, it's a suggestion.

P.D:I think is a good idea, what think all of you? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
CELESTIA, a free cosmos simulator. DOWNLOAD it, it's really good!---> http://www.shatters.net/celestia/download.html (only 14 MB)
Solium
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 09:50 PM

HO!HO!HO!

QUOTE (Sardaukar @ Jan 22 2007, 07:42 PM)
If you go, I think its a good idea to do something especial for her... i thinking a lot of posibilities( o that your you would have to give it to it -unfortunately I cannot go-). That if you don't feel "scared"(or embarrased or anything), I am thinking about something of the style of a letter of congratulation + flowers or something thus. (If you do not want to do this,  there is no problem, it's only a suggestion  wink.gif ).

By all means of the cost of the flowers or what is, it would be necessary to pay to a part each one. But remember, it's a suggestion.

P.D:I think is a good idea, what think all of you?  scratchchin.gif

Sardaukar thanks for the suggestions. I would not bring flowers. (Save that for the significant person in her life.)

However I could bring original art and design a Lucci/Kat t-shirt. You see I am known for my BSG fan art and Lucci has some of my art printed out on her refrigerator. biggrin.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Sardaukar
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 06:20 PM

Curious On Looker

QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 22 2007, 09:50 PM)
Sardaukar thanks for the suggestions.  I would not bring flowers. (Save that for the significant person in her life.)

However I could bring original art and design a Lucci/Kat t-shirt. You see I am known for my BSG fan art and Lucci has some of my art printed out on her refrigerator.  biggrin.gif

The flower thing is just and example wink.gif.

Yes, i see your art in hangardeck5(I joined today to see that) tongue.gif. Is more of your art out here? If the answer is yes, please, the link smile.gif. Your art is gorgeous!
The T-shirt is a very good idea.

and Lucci has some of my art printed out on her refrigerator

That's Excellent!You will be proud of that! thumbsup.gif .
Explain details of your art in its refrigerator!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
FrostyJG
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 03:39 PM

Touched by an angel

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11

Solium, you have to go to that con! Please, I beg you, with a cherry on top! biggrin.gif

And please try to take some pretty pictures of her! wub.gif

--------------------
I ate French fries from Lucci's plate

user posted image
Solium
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 07:26 AM

HO!HO!HO!

No promises but it is something I am considering. Like all of us I have work and family issues to think of first. Will see. tongue.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Sardaukar
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 07:13 PM

Curious On Looker

QUOTE (Solium @ Jan 27 2007, 07:26 AM)
No promises but it is something I am considering. Like all of us I have work and family issues to think of first. Will see. tongue.gif

No problem! thumbsup.gif .

Only that I have so many desire to go that I want that somebody goes instead of my !!! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Pedda
  Posted: Feb 25 2007, 01:32 PM

Lucci Worshiper

The con is only three weeks away. Solium, have you already made up your mind concerning whether you will attend or not?
Solium
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 11:24 PM

HO!HO!HO!

QUOTE (Pedda @ Feb 25 2007, 01:32 PM)
The con is only three weeks away. Solium, have you already made up your mind concerning whether you will attend or not?

Honestly, personal commitments will more than likely prevent me from making such a trip. But I sort of hinted there would be an extremely slight chance of me going. sad.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
  Posted: Mar 16 2007, 05:38 PM

Lucci Worshiper

@Solium: What a bummer. sad.gif But RL takes priority.

I received word from Luciana who's in Dallas now. She promised to take lots of pictures and put them online. Which is very gracious. Given that even among the hundreds of Skiffy users there's apparently no one who's attending All-Con, Lucci will be our prime source. smile.gif
Solium
Posted: Mar 16 2007, 06:40 PM

HO!HO!HO!

Thats really sweet of lucci! I am sure she will be mobbed by many adoring fans regardless if none of us here or on Skiffy are able to make the trip.

--------------------
It came with shoes
Pedda
  Posted: Mar 20 2007, 04:48 PM

Lucci Worshiper

Kate "Ellen" Vernon and not-so-tall biggrin.gif Lucci pose with a weird geek toy

This will probably become one of my favorite real-life photos of her. Luciana wears a wonderful smile, great curls and one of her better dresses. I didn't expect her to look so Kat-ty (which is always a good thing biggrin.gif). Just compare this picture with Lucci's Vcon photos - totally different. Infact, I would not have guessed that lady Kate is dressed more casually than her young ex-colleague.

user posted image
Solium
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 05:50 AM

HO!HO!HO!

I think Lucci is at the perfect height of 5.3 friends3.gif thumbsup.gif

Wonderful pic of the two and I see Lucci has her golden hue and curls back.

Ok, who gave them a Storm Trooper? scratchchin.gif They gotta know thats from that "other" Sci Fi franchise....
blink.gif

EDIT: Oh what message that would have sent, if they were holding one of those new AA Cylon Figures instead! naughty.gif

--------------------
It came with shoes
Confan110
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:30 PM

Curious On Looker

Member No.: 61

Hi guys, Peter ask me drop by and leave a few thoughts on All-con. I originally was not going to attend as it was the same weekend as the Dallas Sci-Fi expo, and they had a great guest line-up. But, when they added Luciana I had to drop by and meet her. I have a model viper I have been wanting to get signed by some of the Galactica cast. I went on Friday to catch the Galactica Q&A with Luciana and Kate Vernon. The Q&A was great. Both ladies were funny and the behind-the-scenes stories were interesting. I did't realize just how in the dark the actors are left when it comes to the story line and such. After the Q&A Luciana set up in the exhibit hall to meet guest. I was about the 3rd person to come to her table and was really suprised how sweet she was. I have been to several conventions and have meet several sci-fi actors, and you just never know how they are going to react to fans. Some are great, some are not-so friendly. When I approached Luciana's table I was very suprised that she stood-up and greeted me and shook my hand. We spoke for a minute about the viper I brought to get signed and then she signed it. I took a photo with her, chatted for another minute and left. I was lucky that the crowd was small at the time I went so there was no rush to keep a long line moving. Luciana was the sweetest celeb I have meet. She seemed down-to-earth and was very fan friendly. I hope to catch her again at a future convention.
I will try to attach the pics I took, but this is my first time to use this forum. If they dont attach I will retry.

user posted image

user posted image
Sardaukar
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 09:42 PM

Curious On Looker

QUOTE (Confan110 @ Mar 21 2007, 06:30 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

Awesome photos !Thank you for sharing with the forum!!!

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1701 seconds · Archive

Affiliate Links

Caprica City   Luciana on Facebook   Luciana Carro Fans