Forget The Hip-hop
DevoutFollowerOfTheWeasel
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 02:24 AM

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,209

You shouldn't go with it because of popularity. You should go with the music that captures the mood, that bleeds emotion.
Classical music is your best bet. Put in some dramatic music, cinema style. Logic comes first in an arguement, but you can enchance it by emotion. Capturing the emotion of the audience is also important. Sad images with very tragic music. Not all the music has to be sad, thats why classical is wonderful. You can have a theme of hope, a theme for pursuit/determination. I think it would enchance Loose Change or any documentary if they went this route. Just imagine the worst photos of the Bush administration, where they look evil, and dark music. Would suit those ***holes well.

This post has been edited by DevoutFollowerOfTheWeasel on Oct 15 2006, 02:26 AM
Daniels
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 04:33 AM

ex
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,419

Classical music is great, but it's been done.

The soundtrack to Loose Change is unique. It is as unique as any one of the great musical movies of the 20th century -- Mary Poppins, the Sound of Music, etc.

The music of Loose Change is of great credit to the LTW crew.

If it can appeal to a conservative, 60's music loving, old fogey like me -- there must be something in it.
Oceans Flow
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 04:36 AM

Dust of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Debate
Member No.: 4,652

It works for me too, and it's far from the kind of music I would ever listen to on my own.

Besides that, the Final Cut is almost ready. Too late to change it now.
vmachiel
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 02:41 PM

dutch member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,741

QUOTE (Oceans Flow @ Oct 15 2006, 04:36 AM)
Besides that, the Final Cut is almost ready.  Too late to change it now.

O yeah? when will it be out?
« Next Oldest | Soundtrack | Next Newest »

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2740 seconds | Archive