Go to the nearest bomb shelter [ 4 ]  [12.50%]
Kill yourself [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Other (explain) [ 15 ]  [46.88%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
Reprieval
Posted on Oct 5 2006, 03:53 AM

Unregistered

With all this shit that is going down, I see a nuclear war coming VERY VERY soon. I just wanna see what you guys would do. Me? I'd kill myself and save myself the torment.
Braheem
Posted on Oct 5 2006, 04:00 AM

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,631

go to war, or watch history and the end of earth...

This post has been edited by Braheem on Oct 5 2006, 04:01 AM
André
Posted on Oct 5 2006, 04:05 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,807

dinnaeken
Posted on Oct 5 2006, 04:31 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,475

This was a common (hypothetical) question when I was at school (many moons ago), and the common answer generally involved grabbing the very pretty female maths teacher, and... at a time when most of us did not even understand the concepts involved...

These days, I'd probably crack open a beer. I live within easy viewing of a _major_ petrochemical installation. Doubt I could get far enough away in time.
MJChicago
Posted on Oct 5 2006, 05:14 AM

Truthseeker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,240

I've got a cabin in a desolate area to the north. Plenty of Survival Gear up there and renewable food sources to keep me alive. Thats what I'd probably end up doing...

Unless some nuke hits Chicago... then I guess I'll just die eh?
PoliticallyWrong
Posted on Oct 7 2006, 01:12 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 6,157

Go about my normal business because, if there is a nuclear war, every single country is going to pull out their weapons from the Tommy guns of the U.S. to the B.B. guns of Kenya. I am willing to bet without a doubt there is at least one nuclear missile in everycountry.. if not funded by the country planted by whatever ally had one. The rest of the world knows if we get into it its all over, why not equipt us with the means to do it quick.
candlessuck
Posted on Oct 11 2006, 10:50 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,563

Play bass, play Nintendo, get married, or go to Church.

Maybe go to Africa to achieve my lifelong dream of fistfighting a wild ostrich.

This post has been edited by candlessuck on Oct 11 2006, 10:50 PM
HotDogBun
Posted on Oct 11 2006, 11:00 PM

I wish my grass was Emo so it would Cut Itself
Group Icon

Member No.: 359

I have a friend who's family owns a farm on top of a mountain in a Very isolated area. I would take the wife and go mooch off of them (underground fuel storage tanks, loads of military weapons) in exchange for my heavy lifting.
Honk
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 12:10 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,422

turn the cams on and wait ... and if you're a survivor, you'll be rich with all the recordings wink.gif

This post has been edited by Honk on Oct 12 2006, 12:11 AM
Exogenics
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 02:58 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,641

I would declare John Titor right...

if you dont know who he is... you probably dont know what the f*ck im talking about.

johntitor.com

its interesting stuff, if you take the time to read it. even though its fake.
Daniels
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 07:09 AM

ex
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,419

Call the family together for family prayers.

Ensure the water bottles are full, and try to buy some tin food. Then just carry on as best we can.

Suicide is not an option for a Baha'i. And beyond "tying up one's camel" one must have complete confidence in God. If that means that I and my family are to be a few of the more than 2 billion who will die, so be it. Ya gotta go sometime, and it's a lot nicer There than here.

BTW, the "camel" thing is an old middle eastern expression, "Trust in God, but tie up your camel".

MichaelMR
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 07:12 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (candlessuck @ Oct 11 2006, 10:50 PM)
Play bass, play Nintendo, get married, or go to Church.

Maybe go to Africa to achieve my lifelong dream of fistfighting a wild ostrich.

Crylol.gif
FrankLampardsDad
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 08:45 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,621

I don't know about a nuclear war.
After reading this thread i'm considering suicide. sad.gif
El Nino
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 07:26 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,064

I'm in South-America. Pretty cool to try to survive. Maybe going to Punta Arenas then ...

But this thing about having a nuclear war is quite sick. I don't believe it. Maybe something local but not more (Well, this is very sad too).
Reprieval
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 07:53 PM

Unregistered

You still have to worry about nuclear winter, if not winter, then a greenhouse effect. Our ice caps will melt and the coasts will flood. Then, the remaining survivors have to worry about radiation. Unless you have a fallout shelter made of lead, you're screwed so bad.
Looktotheskies
Posted on Oct 12 2006, 11:39 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,812

Living in NYC and knowing its in the crosshairs, i'm already dead. But just say by some stoke of luck, i'm out of the city when it happens, i would head to the mountains
Truthcanonlybefound
Posted on Oct 13 2006, 12:28 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,674

Plenty or unihabited land where I live. Nowhere is safe from mother nature though, or a fallout, Il go live in a cave with sustainable food nearby and live on till the roof caves in.
Reprieval
Posted on Oct 13 2006, 03:14 AM

Unregistered

If theres a nuclear war and it creates a greenhouse effect. Thats global warming and the caps melt yadda yadda yadda. We'd all die anyways because a scenario from user posted image would occur, no? It'd be the same concept, except mass majorities of the population would have already died.

But then mother nature would fix itself in about 30 years or so. The remaining survivors would resort back to primative instincts and they would die anyway becasue the animals would all be dead/dying. Nothing would be edible. And once one species of animal becomes extinct, it creates a domino effect.

Overall. We're all doomed. I keep saying that and people insist on running away. Suicide is the best option, unless u are in a major city that will most likely be targeted. Then you'll die quick and easy. I'll envy you.
abc123454321abc
Posted on Oct 13 2006, 03:27 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 6,254

Suicide is never the best option.
Blou
Posted on Oct 13 2006, 07:55 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,400

I'd... gain radioactive powers and fight crime! well, what's left of crime
e-dog
Posted on Oct 21 2006, 09:04 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 977

QUOTE (Reprieval @ Oct 13 2006, 03:14 AM)
If theres a nuclear war and it creates a greenhouse effect. Thats global warming and the caps melt yadda yadda yadda. We'd all die anyways because a scenario from user posted image would occur, no? It'd be the same concept, except mass majorities of the population would have already died.

But then mother nature would fix itself in about 30 years or so. The remaining survivors would resort back to primative instincts and they would die anyway becasue the animals would all be dead/dying. Nothing would be edible. And once one species of animal becomes extinct, it creates a domino effect.

Overall. We're all doomed. I keep saying that and people insist on running away. Suicide is the best option, unless u are in a major city that will most likely be targeted. Then you'll die quick and easy. I'll envy you.

30 days? u got 2 be kiddin me.
The radiation would stay much much much longer.
We're talking about tens- if not hundreds of thousands of years.
Try to surviive that, and btw. because of all the EMP-waves of the nukes flying over ur head, there is no/no-easy electricity.

I'd just stay here and watch the situation developing.
If i die, then i die knowing what happened to this world.
And i don't think WWIII is very far away.
All i know is, if we don't stop these money-worshipping devils, WWIII will come within the next ten years.

IT cheers.gif
« Next Oldest | Polls, Votes, Petitions & Surveys | Next Newest »

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2815 seconds | Archive