Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Kutho Region Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Select Skin » Aqua Bubble ¤ Ethereal Gas ¤ Despair ¤ Stormy Charizard

> News, Announcements, Weather, and Events

Kutho Region Latest News

Kutho is currently going through something of a renaissance. We are working on bringing new ideas and new life back to this beautiful forum. We thank all of our loyal members for sticking with us, and we hope any new members can become long-term members also.

For the weather updates around Kutho, please check the appropriate forum's description. The effects of weather on battle can be found here.

Chapter I, [Upon Midnight Wings]
Modkiller
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 11:53 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Group: Members
Member No.: 112

Kutho wasn't what Damian was expecting at all. It was more of a tourist attraction than an actual region for Pokémon Trainers. The airport was filled with countless people and pokémon of different varieties, all coming to Kutho for one reason or another. Damian didn't know what to make of this new region his dad had brought him to. He spent as little time in the terminal area as possible; he exchanged his currency, received a nifty pokénav and some potions, and caught a taxi just outside the airport that took him to Willow Town.

Apparently this was an up-and-coming Trainer's first stop on their journey to challenge to Kutho Pokémon League. Looking around with an almost bored expression sitting upon his face, Damian adjusted his bag to sit comfortably on his shoulder with a slight shrug and began walking up the hill where Professor Willow's laboratory stood over the simplistic town below. The taxi driver said that some problem had been occuring in town with thieves and the like as of late, but that wasn't Damian's concern.

All he wanted was to find his father and to do that, he'd need a starter. Damian came up to the prestine building and opened the glass doors without hesitation. This was the first step to bringing closure to his life.
Negrek
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 02:06 AM

Entrepreneur

Group: Forum Deity
Member No.: 50

The lab seemed deserted, or at least there weren't any people around that Damien could see. No receptionist, no scientists busy about their work--just a large, white atrium lit by skylights. To his left and right were nondescript doors leading deeper into the facility, while straight ahead was a grand staircase, leading up to a second-floor landing and another door. Tucked in behind the stairs was a healing machine currently displaying a bouncing-pokéball screensaver.

If he stood and listened a moment, Damien might be able to hear the far-off hum of machinery. It was faint, but it sounded as though it was coming from directly in front of him.
Modkiller
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 02:25 AM

[Prepare For Trouble]

((It's Damian. xD I dunno why everyone likes to put an E in there.))

When Damian entered the facility, no twitchy lab aide ran up to greet him. In fact, there wasn't a single soul around. The place almost seemed deserted.

"It's like a ghost town in here. That shitty taxi driver lied to me! Ugh, I guess I better ask around town and fi--Wait, what's that noise?" Damian started, but cut himself off as a humming sound reached his ear. He stopped moving and listened harder, realizing the source of the sound had to be in front of him He stepped towards the direction of the sound, hoping to investigate it's source.
Negrek
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 02:33 AM

Entrepreneur

(( Whoops. I think Damien is more common, but Damian really isn't that strange... ))

The sound was still in front of Damian, and it seemed to be coming from above as well. Something up on the second floor, then.

Though at first Damian's outburst hadn't elicited any response from the quiet lab, after he'd stepped forward the door on the right was roughly shoved open as a luxray stuck its head out into the atrium. The pokémon stood with one shoulder braced against the door, giving Damian a level stare with wide, golden eyes.
Modkiller
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 01:53 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

It sounded like the noise was coming from the second floor of the atrium. Considering no one had come out to greet him, Damian figured whoever had the starter pokémon must've been upstairs. He shrugged his shoulders and began making his way towards the stairs, but the sound of a door opening on his right caught his attention.

He turned and watched a Luxray step out and stare at him with those brilliant yellow eyes that they're famous for. Damian stared back for a moment, then sighed. He hoped to Arceus that he wasn't being labeled as a thief or an unwanted guest. Luckily, pokémon understood human language, so he could explain himself before things got out of hand. "Nice Luxray...I'm just here for a starter pokémon and a Trainer Kit. Think you can lead me to where they are?" Damian asked, fanning his hands outward to persuade the Luxray to keep calm.
Negrek
Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:44 PM

Entrepreneur

The luxray's ears twitched as Damian addressed it, and it listened calmly as he explained his business. Then it turned sideways and forced the door it was stuck in the rest of the way open with its head. It stood with its shoulder bracing the door open and flicked its star-tipped tail at the first room on the left side of the inner corridor. Its door had been braced open, and from where Damian was standing he could hear the sound of vigorous typing coming from within.

Although the luxray had pressed itself up against the door as much as it could, it would still be a little bit of a squeeze to get around the pokémon and into the hallway.

(( Happy belated birthday, by the way. ))
Modkiller
Posted: Jul 11 2011, 02:47 AM

[Prepare For Trouble]

((Thanks Negrek! Good to have ya back.))

Looks like Damian's mom was right; most things can be solved with words. The Luxray forced open a door for him and motioned to walk inside. Damian could hear the familiar sounds of clicks and taps that came from fingers punching into a keyboard repeatedly. Whoever was inside this room was the person to talk to, apparently. Damian nodded in acknowledgment of the luxray's help and shimmied past it with just a bit of difficulty. Looks like he had to lay off the McDonphan's for a while...

"Um...hello? I'm here for a pokémon? That luxray told me...well, insinuated that I go in here for that? I mean, I could be wrong. It's so easy to misinterpret directions given by a silent quadraped." Damian said in a slightly raised voice as he finally made his way fully into the room.
Negrek
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 02:54 PM

Entrepreneur

The luxray let the door close behind Damian, then followed him into the room and curled up in a large pokémon bed near the doorway. The room was a small office, made all the smaller by the bookshelves lining the walls. These were stuffed with . The desk that took up most of the rest of the space was quite tidy, however, with nothing more than a laptop, a couple of stacks of papers, and a nameplate that read "Nathaniel Lime" on it gracing its surface.

The man seated behind the desk looked a bit cramped, hunched over his laptop as he typed away. He was a large, outdoorsy-looking fellow, which made his lab coat and extremely thick glasses look quite out of place. He looked up sharply at the sound of Damian's voice and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't hear you come in. I got a little carried away, I guess."

He left off typing and reached down to open one of the drawers in his desk. "Let's see, a starter pokémon. Well..." He set a fistful of pokéballs on the desk. "Right now we have... a female surskit, a male zubat, and a female shroomish. Oh... and a male bidoof." He smiled slightly as he rolled the last pokéball under his finger. "You can take your time deciding which one you want. I'll just get your pokédex ready." He set about rummaging in another drawer.

(( You know Damian wants that bidoof. ))
Modkiller
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 11:01 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

((If it were any other character, I totally would just for the lulz))

Damian perked a brow when he noticed the burly man who was apparently called Nathaniel according to the nameplate upon the desk he sat at. He seemed a bit..."weathered" to be working in a lab or any kind of confined science facility. ...Kutho was a strange place. Damian folded his arms as he listened to the starter choice and mentally gagged at the list. A surskit, shroomish, zubat, and...bidoof!? Was this some kind of joke? How would he conquer the Kutho Pokémon League with these wimps as partners? The best one of the bunch was shroomish and that was only because of all the status ailments it could inflict to make catching better pokémon easier.

Still...zubat had the capacity to be aerial tricksters, utilizing their ability to fly with their arrangement of confounding moves to overwhelm targets. There was also a rumor going around about a new evolution for zubat being spotted. If nothing else, it'd at least be a bit of a challenge. And nothing would prepare him for impossible odds like training up a generally weak pokémon to be a combat demon. Letting his arms drop to his ride, he raised his right arm and pointed at zubat's pokéball. "I'll take the little bat, then. Nice selection there, by the way, chief." Damian said with a smirk, sarcasm dripping from his last sentence.

A fucking bidoof? Really?

This post has been edited by Modkiller on Jul 15 2011, 05:52 AM
Negrek
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 01:57 PM

Entrepreneur

If Nathaniel noticed Damian's sarcasm, he gave no indication. "Oh yes, we're fortunate to have trainers generous enough to donate their spare catches to the lab to serve as starter pokémon." He set another handful of pokéballs on the desk, then pulled a pokédex out of the drawer. He set it on top of a small black tablet next to his laptop, where it promptly lit up and began to emit small whirring noises.

"There's five pokéballs there to get you started," Nathaniel said. "I just need a second to get your pokédex set up, and--ah, here we go." The pokédex beeped twice, and Nathaniel removed it from its dock. He flipped it open and keyed in a few numbers, then pointed it at the zubat's pokéball and fiddled a little more. After the device gave another double beep, he closed it and set it next to the empty pokéballs, with the zubat's pokéball on top of it.

"There you go. I think that's everything. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

You have received five pokéballs, a pokédex, and a male lv. 5 zubat.
Modkiller
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 02:13 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Damian rolled his eyes at Nathaniel's response, but kept his thoughts to himself. No point in pissing off the guy who held your future in his hands. Still, to think that'd he'd have to train up a zubat as a partner. Starters were supposed to be fairly rare pokémon that you couldn't find esxcept for in small, secluded locations far off from normal civilisation. You could find zubat in nearly every cave you stumbled upon. Ugh, this was going to annoy the piss out of him, but you must play with the cards you're dealt and Damian would turn his hand into a winning game.

After a little configuration on Nathaniel's part, the pokédex was ready. Damian grabbed all of his new belongings and listened as the overweight aide asked if he could be of any further assistance. Now that he mentioned it, Damian was curious as to the location of the famous Prof. Willow the taxi driver told him about. It'd also be nice to know where he should head to face his first Gym Leader. "I don't mean to sound rude, but why did you give me my starter? And out a choice of leftover catches from random strangers? Where's the professor and his selection of breeded pokémon? Also, where's the first Gym Leader located? I wanna make sure I'm going in the right direction when I leave here." Damian asked, folding his arms against his chest.
Negrek
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 02:22 PM

Entrepreneur

Nathaniel's face clouded. "Ah, well... I'm afraid Professor Willow doesn't give out starters anymore. There were... incidents. Thefts. It got so bad that he decided it would be best to improve the lab's security and give me the responsibility of actually giving out the starters so that he could concentrate on his research work in peace. And our laboratory doesn't have a breeding program yet. As you may know, Kutho was only very recently opened to trainers, and we don't yet have the resources to provide a consistent set of starters. The first gym, though, I can help you with." He brightened a little. "It's a bit far from here, I'm afraid, but you could probably make it in a day's walk if you moved fast. It's north of here, in Mura City. Take Route 3 north once you leave here and just keep on walking. If you have a Pokégear, you can use that to get directions if you get turned around."
Modkiller
Posted: Jul 15 2011, 05:51 AM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Wait, thefts!? People actually WANT these? Man, what a shithole region Kutho turned out to be. Trainers giving away their pokéball fodder as starters, people actually making attempts to steal said fodder, and professors too scared to do anything besides lock themselves away and hire rent-a-cops. ...Yeah, fuck you too, Dad. He did get directions towards this "Mura City" where the first Gym Leader was. Usually he'd ask about what kind of person the Gym Leader was and his pokémon, but Nathaniel reminded him that he had a pokénav now and could probably look 'em up with that.

"Sounds good. Well I have a lot of training to do with this guy, so I'm taking off. Later, Nathaniel; send my regards to Prof. Willow." Damian said, before nodding in farewell and heading towards the exit of the room and the building altogether. He pulled out his DuskullCandy headphones, put them on, and turned on his mp3 player as he did so. Next stop...Mura City!
Negrek
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 02:59 PM

Entrepreneur

"I will," Nathaniel said with a grin. "And good luck to you. Feel free to stop by anytime you're in the area."

It was a short trip from the office back out into the world. The lab's place at the top of a hill meant that there was an excellent view of the surrounding land from its doorstep. There were three paths leading away from Willow Town that Damian could see: one, the road he'd come in on, leading back towards the airport; a second angling southeast and developing into a raised boardwalk as it went along; and a third, presumably the one he wanted, heading north away from town. The land in that direction was open and rolling, extending as far as he could see towards the northern horizon.

You may now post in Route 1 or Route 2.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Aqua Bubble skin created by Cody. Find more great skins at Zeta Evolution.
Aqua Bubble banner created by Renna.
Stormy Charizard skin created by Nemesis 77.
Stormy Charizard banner created by Whivit.
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4995 seconds | Archive
Kutho's Affiliates
   Oracle Zone   Join The Elements; Discover Your Destiny!           RPG-D     The RPG Collection          Alternia Pokemon RPG