InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Kutho Region Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Select Skin » Aqua Bubble ¤ Ethereal Gas ¤ Despair ¤ Stormy Charizard

> News, Announcements, Weather, and Events

Kutho Region Latest News

Kutho is currently going through something of a renaissance. We are working on bringing new ideas and new life back to this beautiful forum. We thank all of our loyal members for sticking with us, and we hope any new members can become long-term members also.

For the weather updates around Kutho, please check the appropriate forum's description. The effects of weather on battle can be found here.

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Two
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 01:00 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Group: Members
Member No.: 112

As the cab driver finally went silent, Tybalt focused on his applications. It wasn't long before his mind began to wander away from downloading classic games like Pacman and time-killers like Bubble Wrap. This whole epic pokémon journey would be a little different than he imagined; the airport situation vouched for that. He remembered the days where he'd skip class, fuck random girls in the parking lot, and dream about escaping the life planned out for him by his family. Now that he had finally done it, though, Tybalt wasn't sure if it was everything he thought it would be. Not that he was going to quit or anything; fuck that noise. He was just having a bit of a rough start, that's all. Once he grabbed his first pokémon and started kicking ass and taking names, everything will be as it should.

As Tybalt solidified this thought with that cocky smirk of his, three police cars and an ambulance sped by them. His eyes narrowed as he remembered the bastard that convinced him to cough up two hundred kuts for some fake breeding business. He reminded himself that catching that mustached man was also one of his goals now. No one conned Tybalt Kingston out of money and got away with it. The taxi climbed onto solid pavement and the ride became a lot smoother. Before he knew it, the vehicle had pulled to a stop by a path winding up towards a large white building. Most likely that would be Tybalt's destination. He climbed out of the car after grabbing his bag and opening the door, looking around at the quaint little town.

"Thanks." Tybalt grumbled. If the man driving the taxi actually heard him utter this word, he'd doubt Tybalt actually meant it. Hoisting up his duffel bag, Tybalt began the walk along the path towards the large white laboratory in the distance.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 05:48 PM

Any rational society would either kill me or give me my books.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 522

"So you're done looking through my clothes, are you?"

That was the first thing Tybalt would hear upon walking in through the double glass doors. The context became clear fairly quickly. A woman stood with crossed arms, while a police officer and luxray watched her. The speaker was pretty enough, tall with wavy blond hair and evidently athletic, from the amount of her arms and legs left bare. The policewoman was stocky, tanned, and frowning.

"Leave the bag here," the officer said.

"Doesn't he have a skarmory? A couple of knives are hardly going to kill the guy when a million lab disasters haven't."

The luxray growled. "Leave the bag here, or leave," the officer said.

"Fine," the trainer said, letting the backpack slip off her shoulders. "But if it gets stolen or anything, you'll be feeling the force of laws you never knew Kutho had."

She walked up the grand staircase to the second floor, quick but seemingly relaxed despite her threat. The officer then looked at Tybalt.

"If you're here to see Professor Willow, you'll have to be checked out first." Not that the luxray was waiting. It stepped forward, its eyes glowing an eerie gold, and it stared into Tybalt's eyes.
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 06:04 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

It didn't take long for Tybalt to reach the double glass doors of the laboratory. Expensive looking place, but then again, most scientific research facilities were. Tybalt momentarily wondered if any advances in pokémon research had taken place here. He dismissed the thought and reminded himself that he was here for his license, his pokémon, and his pokédex; he'd be wasting time talking with eggheads about intellectual topics only they would be interested in. He walked into the double door and heard a female voice talk about looking through her clothes. Getting momentarily excited, Tybalt looked to see an athletic looking blond girl stand before a police officer and a luxray. She didn't look exactly pleased to be under inspection, though Tybalt secretly wished he had the x-ray vision that the luxray natural possessed.

There was a brief argument over the chick's bag, which she left behind, before she went up the stairs to do whatever. Tybalt was still staring at her ass move from side to side as he ascended the staircase when the police officer turned her attention to him and explained protocol. "Yeah, whatever. Willow's up those stairs, right?" Tybalt asked, not even looking at the officer until the bouncy buttocks was out of sight.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 06:25 PM

"Yes, he's in his office upstairs," the officer said. "Stand still for a moment."

The luxray's examination took a bit less than a minute as it dragged its glowing eyes down to Tybalt's toes. Even when Tybalt wasn't looking, he could almost feel the luxray's vision piercing through him, and the blonde woman vanished up the stairs before the luxray was done. Various lab aides in lab coats crossed the lobby with clipboards, heading to various around the lobby or at the back, near the stairs. If Tybalt looked closely, he could also see a healing machine by the back.

"Alright," the officer said, once the luxray had stepped back. "You're good to go. Just head up, and you'll know where to go."
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 06:42 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Tybalt watched the men and women in lab coats cross the lobby anxiously. There was a hot blonde with a bubble butt upstairs just waiting for him to talk to her and here he was letting some luxray fuck him with its eyes. His foot tapped on the ground impatiently for a few seconds before the officer gave him the go-ahead. "Yeah, thanks." He said in a rushed tone. Tybalt practically ran up the staircase to get to the second floor, his original goal being pushed to the backburner for a more personal one.

As he reached the landing of the second floor, Tybalt looked around for any trace of the girl from earlier. Oh, and almost reluctantly for Professor Willow's office.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 07:45 PM

Neither the professor nor the trainer were visible at first. Instead, Tybalt saw a couple of aides, one carrying a black and red bird pokémon with half bat-like wings, and the other using his foot to open a door, since he was carrying a stack of paperwork. The bird-holding aide glanced at Tybalt. "He's over there," he said, nodding toward a large doorway. He didn't seem to notice that there was a hole in his sleeve, or that he was bleeding. The bird pecked at the blood.

Tybalt couldn't see much through the doorway from where he was standing, other than large glass windows and a skarmory, who was preening at its red feathers. He could also hear faint voices from that direction, though he couldn't make out the words.
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 07:53 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Another unknown pokémon? Tybalt stared at the bat-like bird as it pecked away at the man's arm. It took Tybalt a moment to realize the pokémon was actually drinking the blood that came out of the wound. What kind of region was this to produce such odd creatures. He didn't pay it much mind after a while, remembering his mission to talk to the blonde. Looking back at the doorway the aide had indicated, Tybalt noticed the large skarmory preening its metallic feathers by the windows of the office. He could also pick up voices coming from the room, but couldn't make out what they were saying. Shrugging to himself, Tybalt straightened his tie and pocketed his hands before walking into the office casually.

"Professor Willow?" He asked as he made his way further into the room.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 08:40 PM

From up close, Tybalt could see the skarmory wore an eyepatch. It looked up at Tybalt's arrival, tilted its head for a moment, then went back to preening.

The woman Tybalt had seen before was standing in the room, in front of a desk. The professor (presumably), a portly man also wearing a lab coat, stood on the other side of the desk. As for the desk itself, it was mostly empty other than several small glass cases, five of which held poké balls, and three file folders. Six poké balls and a red pokédex sat on the desk.

"...security," the woman finished. She picked up the balls and clipped them to her necklace, and she held up the pokédex. "No registration or anything?"

"No, but you can input your information, and it might help if you memorise your Trainer ID," Professor Willow answered. He looked up at Tybalt's entrance. "Ah, hello! Another trainer looking for a new pokémon, correct?" The professor's voice was jovial, as was his expression, but there were visible shadows under his eyes. "I have five pokémon for you to choose from." He pointed to the poké balls as he described their contents. "Here's a female makuhita, a male vulpix, a female zubat, a male pichu, and a male mime jr. Which would you like?"

The woman looked over Tybalt appraisingly. She had a hand on her hip, dark brown eyes, and a slight frown on her face.
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 09:02 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

He noticed the eyepatch on the skarmory and had to admit that it only served to make the pokémon look more badass. He nodded to the flying-type in approval, though he doubted the beast would pick up such a signal. An enthusiastic voice called his attention back ahead of him and he saw the man who he could only assume was Professor Willow. He was a bit up there in years and seemed a bit pudgy underneath that lab coat of his, but most men in his position held the same description. That wasn't what kept Tybalt's attention. Bright golden orbs met dark brown ones as he made eye contact with the blonde from earlier. She stood with her hand on her hip and a little pout on her face but that just made her all the more attractive to Tybalt. He flashed her a charming smile and lingered on her for a moment before returning his attention to Professor Willow.

"Those are my choices? That's unexpected. Can I get more information on them? Move sets? Paternal backgrounds?" He asked, deciding to be polite in front of the hottie as well as to make an ideal impression on the Professor. It always paid to have a man of his caliber as a friend. Despite his usual habit of putting on an act for girls, Tybalt's questions were genuine. He'd rather know a little bit more about the pokémon before he chose them; this would be his first pokémon, after all.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 09:22 PM

The woman raised an eyebrow at Tybalt's smile, then glanced over at the skarmory, who was watching them as it preened.

The professor chuckled. "These pokémon have been recently caught, not bred. They have passed several tests, however, including temperament and physical ability. They are all level five, and as for their movesets..." He glanced down at the balls and thought for a moment. Or perhaps he was looking at the piece of paper discreetly sitting on his desk. "Your pokédex will tell you the pokémon details, naturally. As of now, the makuhita has focus energy, sand-attack, and tackle. The mime jr. has barrier, confusion, copycat, and tickle. The pichu has charm, tail whip, and thundershock. The vulpix knows ember and tail whip, while the zubat can use leech life and supersonic."

"Right," the woman said. "Can I get your number, Professor? I may have questions later, or I might, I dunno, discover something. I've kept my 'nav, so..." She unclipped the yellow-orange device from her pocket. It probably wouldn't have fit inside.

"Why, of course," Professor Willow said, smiling. He reached into a pocket in his lab coat, frowned, then reached into his pants pocket instead. Then he held out a pokénav, one identical to the woman's and Tybalt's. The woman stared at it for a moment, though Professor Willow didn't notice; he was instead looking back at Tybalt, and asked, "Have you come to a decision? I'm a busy man, so I'd appreciate it if you chose quickly."

The skarmory paused in its preening, and looked down at the checkered tiles. Meanwhile, the woman reached over and pressed the top of her pokénav to the professor's.
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 09:44 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

The Professor answered Tybalt's questions but they weren't what he was expecting. He had heard of certain laboratories giving away captured pokémon as starters, but many had employed a "Bred-For-Success" approach instead; breeding their starters to guarantee comfortable relationships with humans. This allowed even beginner Trainers to bond easily with their first pokémon. Professor Willow claimed they had been tested several times, but Tybalt's confidence in these starters had still taken a small blow. As far as the starters themselves went, though, that was a different story. There was only one pokémon amongst the five choices that actually knew a move that would be useful against a pokémon from their weakness element.

Tybalt had always been very opinionated about certain genders with certain pokémon. A female makuhita just happened to be one of the few combinations he didn't agree with. Sadly, that was the one pokémon that had a chance against its own weakness. His brow furrowed in thought as he brought his hand to his chin. The vulpix would probably be the best choice for him as he's always favored pokémon of the fire-type, but the mime jr. had a full moveset composed of both offensive and defensive techniques. The zubat was much too common to choose as a starter and the pichu was...well...a pichu. So now it was down to whether to go with familiar territory or strategy. As he pondered over the choices, Professor Willow chimed in about being a busy man and hurrying up.

What a rude little fat man.

"Alright then, I'll take that one." Tybalt said, pointing to the fourth pokéball. He decided to go with the vulpix, since they learned a lot of table-turning moves and could hold their own in battle regardless. Wait, the fourth pokéball was the vulpix, right? No, there was no doubt that that was the one Willow had indicated was the container of vulpix. Yes, he had nothing to worry about. Good thing he could multitask; who said you couldn't listen to someone talk while trying to discern a girl's bra size from glancing at her chest? Though perhaps he paid a little bit too much attention to the blonde chick's chest and not Professor Willow. Uh oh...
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 10:05 PM

There was a very brief pause as the others returned their pokénavs to where they had been. Their slightly surprised expressions might have been his imagination.

"An excellent choice," the professor said. "They're worth the effort it takes to train them, and I trust you'll know when you most want to use the stone." He removed the ball from its case and put it on the desk in front of Tybalt, then he opened a drawer and rummaged through it. He picked out five more poké balls and a shiny red rectangle, and put them by Tybalt's new pokémon. "Five poké balls to get you started, and a pokédex. It's quite simple to use, just point it at the pokémon you wish to scan and press the button. It has your Trainer ID included, so report it to the nearest police station or league building if it gets lost."

The woman herself didn't seem to particularly care that Tybalt was staring at her chest, perhaps because she didn't have much of one. Just enough so a glance would judge her as female. Her pink top didn't reveal much of it, either, just barely dipping below her collarbone, where the poké balls were resting. Apparently done here, she started to leave.

Update: You have gained one lv 5 male pichu, five poké balls, and a poké dex.
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 10:30 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Tybalt smirked as he listened to Professor Willow compliment his choice. Of course it was to be expected; vulpix was probably the best starter in that bunch. He grabbed the occupied pokéball and the five others. Clipping his new pokémon to his rather stylist belt next to his pokénav, Tybalt proceeded to pocket the empty ones in his right pocket. He then grabbed the pokédex and placed it inside the front pocket of his duffel bag for the moment. Giving a simple wave of farewell to the professor, Tybalt turned and hoisted up his duffel bag so that the strap sat more comfortably on his shoulder. Adjusting his glasses a bit, Tybalt hurried his pace so that he matched the blonde's save for a few steps behind her.

"Just starting out too, huh? I guess that makes us both beginners. My name's Tybalt, by the way. Maybe we can be friends? It'd be nice to have someone to talk to in an unfamiliar region." Tybalt said to her with a smile. It was hard to hold such an innocent tone and polite smile when his pants were chafing his balls. Why did he think it was a good idea to wear a suit and slacks like regular clothes? As soon as he finished getting this chick's number, he'd find a bathroom so he could change. IF he wanted to get her number, that is. Her chest was pretty lacking, but that ass could be what sealed the deal for him. It all depended on how she reacted to him at this point.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 11:02 PM

The woman didn't look at Tybalt, and she sped up slightly when he spoke.

"Erin," she said, sounding bored. "Speak for yourself. I'm not interested in beginners."
Modkiller
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 11:38 PM

[Prepare For Trouble]

Tybalt blinked a few times as this girl, Erin, basically gave him an answer that he would've given. Well...this was unexpected. He stopped a bit and stared off after her while a smirk slowly crawled along his lips. It wasn't every day he met a girl he could act like himself around.

"Oh?" He asked, dropping his tone and letting his normal voice come out. "Where did you train then, if you're no beginner?"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Aqua Bubble skin created by Cody. Find more great skins at Zeta Evolution.
Aqua Bubble banner created by Renna.
Stormy Charizard skin created by Nemesis 77.
Stormy Charizard banner created by Whivit.
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3748 seconds | Archive
Kutho's Affiliates
   Oracle Zone   Join The Elements; Discover Your Destiny!           RPG-D     The RPG Collection          Alternia Pokemon RPG