Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Kutho Region Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Select Skin » Aqua Bubble ¤ Ethereal Gas ¤ Despair ¤ Stormy Charizard

> News, Announcements, Weather, and Events

Kutho Region Latest News

Kutho is currently going through something of a renaissance. We are working on bringing new ideas and new life back to this beautiful forum. We thank all of our loyal members for sticking with us, and we hope any new members can become long-term members also.

For the weather updates around Kutho, please check the appropriate forum's description. The effects of weather on battle can be found here.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Bag Of Demuelians
Flareonette
Posted: May 1 2008, 05:04 PM

Pokémon Lover

Group: Members
Member No.: 137

Sarah shrugged and looked up at the voice. "Hey! It's Mr. Droolworthy follows-me-around-to-all-the-asylums!" She smiled, a little lighthearted about the encounter. "Y'know, that shirt's kind of annoying." It took her a moment, but she soon became apprehensive about him. "Why do you follow me around like that? It's creepy... and annoying."
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: May 2 2008, 10:10 PM

Any rational society would either kill me or give me my books.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 522

Oh! So he’s insane too?” The boy peered up at him curiously.

The man frowned. “You shouldn’t use that term,” he reprimanded the boy gently, “it’s a mental illness, and no, I don’t have one.” He then turned to Sarah, giving her a kind smile. “I’m merely concerned about your condition, Sarah… but in Kutho, I am just a trainer, like everyone else.
Flareonette
Posted: May 5 2008, 12:41 AM

Pokémon Lover

"Nah, he just frequents visiting days... Why is it that every time I get out I end up meeting up with you at some point, and shortly after get transferred to another asylum? Who ARE you? And why do you know my name?" She stared at him, unimpressed at his 'defense' of her 'condition' "I'm not insane, and I DON'T have a mental condition. Why do you and the asylum jerks always say that!? I haven't done anything to you assholes!" Her voice had risen to just under yelling, and her physical gestures were growing more violent.
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: May 9 2008, 09:12 PM

I didn’t say you had a disorder,” the man answered, raising his hands to show he meant no harm. “I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that you kept moving, as someone could be watching you during visiting days and seeing that you’re not doing as well as he hoped there. As for me, I’m just concerned for your well-being… I haven’t noticed that you had many friends, until now.” His eyes lingered on the boy, and he smiled. “My name is John.

The boy had winced when Sarah started yelling, looking back at her, but he looked back up at the man. “Hi, Mister John…. Um,” he added as he turned back to Sarah, “are you okay?
Flareonette
Posted: May 10 2008, 05:52 AM

Pokémon Lover

"Yah, yah, yah. And it's a TOTAL coincidence that you just HAPPEN to be in the area EVERY time they find me again!" Sarah growled, sarcastically. "I had plenty of friends... a few everywhere I went... They could read, I couldn't." Her aggression still hadn't abated, but her tone dropped a little. "My 'condition' might have improved if anyone had, y'know, CARED? I can't even read or count. Am I the ONLY one seeing something wrong with that?"
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: May 16 2008, 09:07 PM

Of course someone cared,” John said softly. “But maybe they weren’t able to find out what really happened… does that mean nobody ever taught you those basic skills? Every single one of them failed to fulfill basic needs?

I know how to read,” the boy offered helpfully, still looking a bit lost. “I might be able to, um, help you somehow?
Flareonette
Posted: May 17 2008, 02:01 AM

Pokémon Lover

Sarah left her angry glare to pierce the man she had no idea she was related to. As if to prove her point, she pointed up at the sign above the community center. "When I can tell you what any of that scribble means, I'll let you know." The sign still looked the same as before she'd acquired the Aron. 'Willow Town Community Center' and 'Starter Pokemon Available Here'. Or something to that effect. "And I can only count as high as 10. I couldn't even find my bags." she growled, returning to her arms being crossed.

"Stop following me. If anyone cared, they wouldn't be shoving me right back in the places I was purposely running away from. I wasn't running away JUST for the fresh air. That was a bonus." Somehow, her voice had calmed to an almost whispered, dissapproving growl, her aggression subsiding slowly. "Maybe you can teach me some of the simple stuff. Anything complicated makes my head hurt." She looked over at the boy again. "We leavin' or what?"

(I can't help wondering where the battle's gonna come from, since Sarah's just totally PWNED her brother with words... AND has no idea she did it... to her brother...)
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: May 21 2008, 02:51 PM

(( Yeah, same here. Someone better with words themselves could probably make John, uh, the type to actually win fights with words. And smart, maybe, even. ))

If that man did something bad, you should beat him up,” the boy said, nodding to himself.

John flinched, though it was probably more at Sarah’s words than the boy’s. “Now, look,” he started gently, though he hesitated. “People don’t always know what they need, so other people often have to intervene. However, often these people who intervene need professionals to help the first group. But said professionals don’t always do their job, so Person A suffers for it and thinks she’s proven right. Person B doesn’t always find out in time, despite his efforts, so he has to look for better professionals – and there are better ones out there, but it seems they’re hard to find – and Person A would only make it harder on the good professionals because of her prejudices.

Um,”—the boy scratched his head—“did you get that?

(( I don't know what I'm doing, 'k? ; ; ))
Flareonette
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 04:13 AM

Pokémon Lover

(You're fine. I was just in a tizzy that day. Not feelin' well and crap... Does things to my writing sometiems...)

Sarah glared at him, pensive for a moment. "Yeah... You're right. I think I got what he said... Right..." She took a step toward the verbally-wayward man. "Person B?" She watched his response carefully, calculating her own to his obvious denial.

"We MUST be related... What are you? Brother? Cousin?... Might be old enough to be an uncle..." When... or if, more precisely, the man denied the identity, she growled, closing in on him another step. "If we're not related, and you're not person B, You're a stalker, and potentially Kidnapper... even if you don't do the work yourself..."
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 03:20 PM

W-what?” The man sounded a bit more flustered than before. “No I’m not a relative, I—

He was interrupted by Sarah’s accusation. He drew in a deep breath, shaking his head. “I have no malicious intent toward you. If I did, then I would have acted before coming to Kutho, don’t you think? Coming here would give me a chance to live without being targeted by the police.” He looked around, only meeting Sarah’s eyes fleetingly. His eyes darted to the boy, then at the aron. “Just—ah, do you want to have a friendly battle?
Flareonette
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 01:42 AM

Pokémon Lover

Sarah looked down at the little... whatever it was. Almost kind of looked like a dog, really. "Not really... How about one where I beat the shit out of you and you leave me alone?" The little Aron tugged at her pant leg and she shrugged, backing off to stand by the kid, wondering how she'd been so stunted in growth that the little brat was tall as her and not done growing. "So... How does this work? Does she have a name like your 'Moony'?"
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Jun 17 2008, 12:52 PM

Um… no. Not if you don’t give her one.” The boy looked at the pokéball in John’s hand. “Are you going to battle? You can, um, get money if you win, and your pokémon gets stronger. Uh, and if you run away really fast, you don’t have to pay if you lose!

He said this loudly enough for John to hear, and John frowned. “That’s illegal, however, so I don’t suggest you do, especially as losing means I have a conscious pokémon and you don’t. I’m not trying to threaten you, but I don’t suggest you don’t try that on people more likely to be hostile.

The boy shrugged, muttering to himself, though Sarah could hear, “I have Moony.
Flareonette
Posted: Jun 17 2008, 06:28 PM

Pokémon Lover

Sarah listened to the boy and the man, rolling her eyes. "Yeh, fine. I'll call you Thorn, I guess..." she said, looking down at the little Aaron. Thorn didn't seem to mind terribly, although she wondered how a piece of plant applied to the little ball of steel that she was. She looked up at her brother, curious, and scooted Thorn out towards him, confused. "Alright... So..." She decided to ask one more question before she owned this guy. "What's 'illegal' mean?"
Kusarigamaitachi
Posted: Jun 18 2008, 01:03 PM

(( Listing both abilities in your sig? ))

Illegal means against the law. You can get charged for it, and it adds to your criminal record. You’ll probably just have to pay a fine for that, though.” John smiled. “But if you stay on the right side of the law, you don’t have to worry about such things.

He means it’s bad,” the boy whispered, “I think.

I suppose you’re ready for battle, then?” John tossed the pokéball on the ground, and it opened to reveal a broad, flat, circular leaf atop something blue. “This is Lotus, my lotad. If you’re ready… let’s begin with a Growl, shall we?
Flareonette
Posted: Jun 20 2008, 11:12 PM

Pokémon Lover

(Well, I don't know which it is, so why not?)

Sarah again listened with little care for what was said. "Right... So what's the law, more rules? More walls to keep me 'reigned in'? More things I can't do, eat, say, or play?" Her expression held more disgust as she heard more from the man. "Another crazy house to put me in, right? Just another way to get me out of Society's mangled, pre-tangled hair." She glared at her brother, again, not knowing he was him. "Alright, then, Thorn. let's go with a Harden-charged Tackle. Jump to land in the lillypad after you land your blow and just scrape your claws accross the plant."

Her eyes held bloodlust: A willingness to kill for what she knew as freedom. "Maybe I don't want your rules. Maybe I WANT to be that little knot that gets tangled in the fingers and the brush every time they try to comb me out. Why shouldn't I be allowed to live the way I want? Which DOESN'T include the asylums and the fucking rules!"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Aqua Bubble skin created by Cody. Find more great skins at Zeta Evolution.
Aqua Bubble banner created by Renna.
Stormy Charizard skin created by Nemesis 77.
Stormy Charizard banner created by Whivit.
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5745 seconds | Archive
Kutho's Affiliates
   Oracle Zone   Join The Elements; Discover Your Destiny!           RPG-D     The RPG Collection          Alternia Pokemon RPG