Skin Eaṛx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.

Robin Gibb, RIP
Eddy
Posted: May 20 2012, 11:16 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

It's just been announced by his family that Robin Gibb has died.

Article here, BBC, 21/05/12.

Really sorry to hear this news. Another one of the greats gone. Hugely talented but also a really nice man. Deepest sympathies to his loved ones. RIP.
Rose
Posted: May 21 2012, 07:34 AM

Naughty Tomato

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 15

Oh that is very sad ..

RIP Robin ...

Eddy
Posted: May 21 2012, 05:30 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Robin Gibb: the hits you didn't know were written by the Bee Gees

Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb, with brothers Barry and Maurice, not only helped define the disco era but also wrote smash hit songs for some of the biggest names in showbusiness ...

Full article, Telegraph, 21/05/12.

Just thought I would share this as I had no idea that they were responsible for so many of those hits.
grimfandango
Posted: May 21 2012, 07:43 PM

Naughty Tomato

Member No.: 4

Not wholly unexpected but very very sad nonetheless, they will have their place in music history for sometime to come.
They made some fantastic songs over the years, and in my opinion E.S.P is one of their best albums, if not the best.

RIP Robin, he seemed like such a nice man, so sorry for Barry who is the only brother left now. sad.gif
Mootle
Posted: May 21 2012, 10:39 PM

Naughty Tomato

Member No.: 115

I also hadn't realised that so many of the songs I have enjoyed were composed by the BeeGees.
Robin's star shone very brightly, what a pity it has gone sad.gif
I'm so sorry for his family - his last illness has been such a long process sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
grimfandango
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 05:59 PM

Naughty Tomato

Member No.: 4

Robin's funeral was held yesterday in the village of Thame where he lived.
Fans lined the streets to say a final goodbye as they watched a procession of family and friends which even Robin's dogs took part in I thought that was so sweet.

Short clip here form the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18370919
Rose
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 06:06 PM

Naughty Tomato

Member No.: 15

How sad for Barry and his mum ..
Eddy
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 08:11 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Some years ago Robin was a judge on a BBC talent competition called the Fame Academy. I will never forget watching him on that show. He had such a wonderful manner ... always polite, always with a kind word for all the contestants, always helpful, always softly-spoken and no big-headedness whatsoever. A great man.

RIP.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0575 seconds | Archive