Skin Eaṛx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.

5 'Titanic' Film Myths
Eddy
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 07:39 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Five Titanic myths spread by films

It is the tragic story that everybody knows the end to - the doomed Titanic sinks. Its final hours have become the stuff of myth - but how much have the various film versions of the story helped to create and reinforce these legends? ...

Full article, BBC News, 05/04/12.

I found this quite interesting. It sort of shocks me to realise the extent to which myths in film can so easily become facts.
grimfandango
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 06:43 PM

Naughty Tomato

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 4

Many folks will take anything they see in a film as gospel, I'm not surprised to hear these are myths.

While we are on the subject of the Titanic, I see that a new museum has just opened in Belfast. O/H and I are immensely impressed by what we've seen about it on the Internet, so much so we hope to visit it this year. biggrin.gif
Eddy
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 09:55 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Just took a look at the Belfast exhibition web site. It looks very impressive.
grimfandango
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 07:50 PM

Naughty Tomato

It does indeed. smile.gif

Just been looking at the Squeezy jet website and note there are daily flights into Belfast from Stansted for about 40 quid.
Also handily there is a premier inn within spitting distance of the museum if needed.

We are going to Dublin in July and were thinking of visiting Belfast then, but we have surmised it is actually earlier and cheaper to travel directly from the UK. We'll probably go sometime in late September/early October.
grimfandango
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:01 PM

Naughty Tomato

Flights to Belfast booked for September biggrin.gif with a slight change of plan.

We are going to be taken on a 'Titanic' guided tour by the great Grand-daughter of a man who worked on the ship and set sail on her, sadly he was not one of the survivors but his two young sons both survived. Rest assured I'll take my camera. smile.gif

We have steered away from Belfast titanic experience as we have learnt that amongst other things

a. it contains no original artefacts at all
b. visitors are not permitted to the grand staircase
c. certain areas are roped off
d. it consists of most audio visual material

I think we will get much more out of the tour we will be going on and we are looking forward to it.

Eddy
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:26 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

That all sounds good V. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Shame about the exhibition. It seemed yo be full of promise.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0473 seconds | Archive