Skin Earòx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.

February Snow Alert
Eddy
  Posted: Feb 4 2012, 12:44 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Britain on snow alert as Europe freezes over

The Met Office’s severe weather warning, which is at its second highest level, urges people to be prepared as forecasters warned of up to six inches of snow across Cumbria, Lincolnshire, East Anglia, North Yorkshire, the Peak District and the Midlands.

Sub-zero temperatures are expected in much of the country, with the mercury likely to hit 15.8 Fahrenheit (-9C) across the Midlands.

The coldest temperature recorded in Britain on Friday night was 9.48F (-12.4C) in South Newington, Oxfordshire.

Temperature of 12.92F (-10.6C) was recorded in Chesham, Buckinghamshire at 2am on Saturday morning, with 13.46F (-10.3C) in Benson, Oxfordshire ...

Full article, Telegraph, 04/02/12.
Eddy
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 08:55 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

snow.gif

Oh my! Looks like at least 6 inches of snow has settled out there. It could be more but I'm not going out to find out.

angry.gif
Eddy
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 09:44 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Chilly Britain Colder Than Arctic AND Antarctic

SUB-ZERO temperatures prompted panic buying across Britain yesterday – and made the SEA freeze.

Drivers filled up with petrol and supermarket shelves were cleared of bread, milk, tinned food and soup as worried ­shoppers stocked up.

Meanwhile, boats lay trapped in ice in Poole Harbour off Sandbanks, Dorset – one of the UK’s most exclusive areas.

Last night was the chilliest yet of the winter as the mercury fell to -12.4°C (9°F) in South Newington, Oxfordshire – colder than the Arctic and Antarctic.

Snow began to sweep the ­country and most parts were ­expected to wake this morning to a white blanket of up to 15cm (6ins). It reached London last night, and a third of today’s flights at Heathrow are expected to be cancelled ...

Full piece, People, 5/02/12.

blush04.gif

And one of those panic buying was me. I stocked up on the 'essentials' on Friday and Sat. LOL. It's just that I hate going out in the snow, so best be prepared.
Eddy
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 09:04 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Coldest night of the winter as temperatures plummet to -18°C

England has shivered through the coldest night of the winter after temperatures plummeted to sub-zero readings - even on the Fahrenheit scale.

Meteorologists said the temperature had fallen to -0.04F (-17.8C) in Chesham, Bucks, during the early hours of Saturday morning and was expected to plunge even lower as the icy weather continued to grip large areas of Britain.

Most of England and eastern Wales dropped to below 25F (-4C) ...

... Saturday night is also forecast to be bitterly cold in England with temperatures in London and the Midlands falling to around 21F (-6C) while milder temperatures are likely on Sunday ...

Full article, Telegraph, 11/02/12.

ohmy.gif

I'm really feeling this cold. Just can't seem to warm up properly, even with all the layers of clothing and/or bedding. 3 cheers for my hot water bottle.

smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0789 seconds | Archive